IGNORED

Dillards 64: Now with Multi-Level Marketing!

Georgiana

14 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

This was a massive plot hole in Titanic: 

Rose's heart does go on. She presumably marries another dude (because her last name is Calvert when we meet her as an old lady) and has kids with him. Then she dies and goes to Fancy Titanic Heaven and reunites with Jack. So her husband of lord knows how long and the father of her children can just fuck off to another afterlife, I guess? Do you get to go to the movie-afterlife of your choice depending on how virtuous you were in life? Does her husband who probably had to put up with like 70 years of "Jack's dick was bigger" go to Fancy Avatar Heaven? Or Fancy Terminator Heaven? Why are the servants who died on the Titanic stuck as servants for all eternity in Fancy Titanic Heaven? That's dark as fuck. 

This is why I should not watch Titanic drunk. 

Untrue. Please watch more films drunk. I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. 

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, KnittingOwl said:

Untrue. Please watch more films drunk. I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. 

Not only will I subscribe to @nastyhobbitses newsletter but I will actually read it (unlike all the other newsletters I've somehow subscribed too)!

So for Derdick the next three years will contain sleep, classes, and library. Sounds like a regular student life, except not every regular student has a wife and two very young kids who he has promised to provide for since his religion prohibits his wife to work. Did you forget that when you wanted to get your college life back, Derdick?

Who is he getting to take these photos? Is Jill tagging along or is he pestering some innocent student?

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Who is he getting to take these photos? Is Jill tagging along or is he pestering some innocent student?

Probably Jill. I mean how long could she be without him? :P Or maybe he has to have an accountability partner. 

Hopeful he’s using the photo delay timer on his phone camera. I can’t see another, likely very busy, student happily taking snaps instead of studying.

18 hours ago, AprilQuilt said:

Also, WHY does Heaven have to look like the Titanic? Rose had a terrible time on the Titanic. It wasn't that good for anyone. The amount of trauma it led to, you wouldn't think anyone would be that delighted to go back there.

Perhaps the titanic is actually hell... because she's a heathen whore who was slutting around in the middle of the ocean instead of being a proper, chaste, christian woman... all posing naked and crap.  Rufus does not approve!

2 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

So for Derdick the next three years will contain sleep, classes, and library. Sounds like a regular student life, except not every regular student has a wife and two very young kids who he has promised to provide for since his religion prohibits his wife to work. Did you forget that when you wanted to get your college life back, Derdick?

SO, when he's not asleep or in class he stands in the middle of library racks with his hands in his pockets like an idiot?  I guess taking a picture of himself reading a book or checking westlaw wouldnt be as obvious that he was in a LAW library.

No one is impressed, Dwreck.  

13 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

Yes, you remember who you were to each other on earth, you just won't be married in the same way. Here's a short piece on it from Randy Alcorn, who wrote an incredibly popular book about Heaven.

(Personally, I don't believe in Heaven at all, this is just what Evangelicals typically believe about Heaven!)

Thank you. That made more sense. I do believe in Heaven although I don't really believe the Evangelicals. I tend to disagree with them about everything. I believe I'll be reunited with my family and friends in Heaven. 

This post irritated me. "Class, sleep, and in the library" is your whole life, Derick? Big eff you. What about your family? At least Jill's close to family if she wants/needs help, I guess. ?

Wow dWreck. Way to think about your family!  Class, library, and sleep. Sounds great for you, not so great for Jill who will be raising your children and dealing with everything at home without you. 

One of his IG commenters made a great point...they reminded Derick to acknowledge the sacrifices that Jill and the children are making so that he can follow his latest dream. Because in reality they are the ones doing the most sacrificing. They’re sacrificing their time with him, their financial stability, any daily routines that have to be changed because he’s in class/studying, etc. In the end they are the ones who have the most to lose from this. 

9 hours ago, Ais said:

Not only will I subscribe to @nastyhobbitses newsletter but I will actually read it (unlike all the other newsletters I've somehow subscribed too)!

Now I actually want to do drunk recaps of movies/Bringing Up Bates. 

2 hours ago, lizzybee said:

This post irritated me. "Class, sleep, and in the library" is your whole life, Derick? Big eff you. What about your family? At least Jill's close to family if she wants/needs help, I guess. ?

I don't think Derick cares about Jill's comfort or if she wants or needs help. He dragged them to CA when she wasn't overly happy there. It's all about what Derick wants. 

Well, Derick looks happy. He's back in school with few, if any, family responsibilities. Unbelievable, but like JRod, TIDWTA.

20 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I don't think Derick cares about Jill's comfort or if she wants or needs help. He dragged them to CA when she wasn't overly happy there. It's all about what Derick wants. 

And sadly, Jill is from a culture where a family IS supposed to revolve their lives around the wants of the husband.  There are probably a whole lot of people in Jill's ear telling her that this is OK, that she ought to support Derick, that her role is to sacrifice so that he can follow his dreams, etc.  

I doubt there are many people in her life willing to validate any negative feeling she may have around her husband's selfish attitudes and choices.  

In their world, Derick gets to do what he wants, and it's the job of Jill, Izzy, and Sam to suck it up and make it work for him.  I'm not a fan of Jill by any means because I do genuinely believe she's only a hair better than her husband, but it's hard not to feel for her here.

25 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Well, Derick looks happy. He's back in school with few, if any, family responsibilities. Unbelievable, but like JRod, TIDWTA.

I keep wondering how soon we can just wholesale migrate the TIJWTA acronym to Mrs and Mr Jill Duggar.

3 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

At least he stopped wearing a suit to class every day. ??

The shorts are no better. 

That photo and his expression is too damn smug. The caption is even worse.

I wonder if he uses a messenger bag, backpack or a rollie bag...

Yesss, LegalEagle, tell me eeveerrrything a lawschool student neeeeeddssss.... with that chiseled jaw and slightly graying hair of yours...

Wonder if the law school has a mascot DeWreck can apply to become.

On 8/21/2018 at 1:16 AM, Illmarryyoujana said:

Is the MLM here Fab Fit Fun? Because I don’t think it qualifies as an MLM. It’s a company that uses celebrities and influencers to promote their subscriptions, but they’re not bringing people into sell their stuff. The boxes have products from all sorts of brands. They have partners, but normally it’s people who use social media as a job, influencers. No ones pushing it to their friends they haven’t seen in ten years on Facebook or getting them to join “this amazing opportunity”. 

I am reaching out to FFF and telling them how awful it is they have a bigoted person like this hawking their brand. Makes me mad as hell. I have been an annual member for years.

Just now, nelliebelle1197 said:

I am reaching out to FFF and telling them how awful it is they have a bigoted person like this hawking their brand. Makes me mad as hell. I have been an annual member for years.

I think she took down the post.  Anyone know why?

12 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

I think she took down the post.  Anyone know why?

I saw it yesterday but maybe that was a screenshot! WHOOPS

FitFabFun isn't an MLM, but in the previous thread I made the comment of her being on her way to become a Hun and joining an MLM. So I guess that got to the thread title. I guess a more correct thread title would be "Now Closer to Multi-Level-Marketing"?

On 8/22/2018 at 2:26 PM, justoneoftwo said:

The way I thought it was is that there is no marriage in heaven.  So one wouldn't romantically be with anyone, you would just be with everyone you loved in any way?  But there is no romance or sex or anything like that. . . so its okay to love multiple people?  The LDS always point out that their marriages are forever and exist in heaven and your family exists in heaven.  Its the big draw. 

Just read a book about a girl who escaped the Warren Jeffs version of Fundamentalist Later Day Saints (FLDS) where she was married off at age 14 to someone she hated.   She was told that she was 'sealed' to the guy and the only way to heaven was through her husband.  She was heartsick to think she had to spend eternity with a jerk she hated.   

I really don't think there is 'marriage' in heaven.   We no longer have physical bodies and so I don't believe there will be sleeping (Sex) with former spouses.   I just think you'll be happy to 'see' people you love.   

What about people you don't like?   Well, go strum your harp on another cloud and forget about it........:my_angel:

2 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

Wonder if the law school has a mascot DeWreck can apply to become.

Jackasses? 

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived