IGNORED

Jinjer 41: Felicity Nicole 8 lb 3 oz

Coconut Flan

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a little late to the party, but have to say my first name had been in the family (first born daughter to first born daughter) for 4 generations, with the birth of my first, it became 5 generations.  I am the only one with it as a first name, and my daughter has a variation of it as a middle name.  It actually wasn't a tradition, just how things worked out (I am named for both grandmothers, my mother named for both her parents  etc) I am not holding out that it will be passed on to a 6th generation as I have been informed said daughter has no desire to become a mother herself.....

24 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

My 3 names are old women names and I was born in the 80s. I would have killed to be an Ashley or a Laura. At least I would get a damned keychain! 

I had a popular 90's name still only found I think one ruler with my name on it because of all the was to spell my name and I did not have the most known spelling. 

5 hours ago, Quiver Full of Kittens said:

::raises hand:: 

Super common name here, too. In my grade school class of 28 (7 girls, 21 boys) 3 of us had the same name. We also fell all together alphabetically. My dad isn’t quite sure, but he was pretty sure there was another baby with the same first and middle name as me in the maternity ward. 

In the grade above me there were 2 girls named Christie Ann Smith, and they had the same birthday as well, they were Christie 1 and Christie 2.  In the town we live in (population aprox 10K) there is a man with the same 1st middle & last name as DH, they were both born in the same month and year DH was on the 4th the other man the 24th, and according to the local dentist office their social security numbers are 2 numbers off. Last time DH went to the dentist they got the wrong chart, he said written on both of their charts in big block letters is DOUBLE CHECK ADDRESS, 2 PATIENTS W/ SAME NAME BIRTH MONTH AND YEAR! This guy has a daughter in the grade behind our daughter so they had to write mom's names down to keep from mixing up stuff for them.  It was really bad last summer when the OTHER guy got drunk and rowdy at a local park and got into a fist fight with a DNR officer.  

12 hours ago, BunnyBee said:

I got the name! It was one of my long shot guesses! Not the middle name but, Felicity. 

Found it!

12 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I don't know how to handle this season of life. I'm scared and confused.

Counting On: Scared and Confused would probably be the perfect title for the honeymoon specials 

I was born in the late 80s and I feel like every other girl has the middle name Marie.  I had three roommates once and two had the middle name Marie.

I was in school in the 60’s. Almost everyone had the middle name of Mary, Marie or Ann.  I just thought it was part of Catholic naming conventions.  To be baptized your name had to be that of a saint, so the middle name either filled the requirement or was a backup.  Because you know, if your parish priest thought Patricia or Theresa wasn’t saintly enough then parents had to add a name that would make him happy enough to perform the sacrament.

I don’t know if this was actual church policy or something local.

I was born in the early 90s and have a very common 90s middle name (or did, I changed my middle name to my maiden name when I got married) but a first name that was on the earlier "popular in the 70s list." So it's a little weird because most women with my first name are 15-20 years older than me. 

As for naming children after family members, all of the baby names we're considering are somehow family names. My favorite boy name right now is actually my grandmother's maiden name. My favorite girl name is my other grandmother's middle name. The only problem with that name is that my cousin has said before that they were planning on using it if they had a girl. She thought they were done at the time, but they're expecting their 4th in November. If they have a girl and use that name I think we'll use another girl name. I only have 4 cousins so it seems weird for us to both have daughters (especially 4 months apart) with the same first name. 

13 hours ago, BunnyBee said:

I can’t believe I guessed the name right!!!! 

I wish I should go back and find my post but I am lazy. Welcome to the world Felicity! 

Because I needed something fun to do on a Friday night. Too bad it only took me 30 seconds. 

9 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I still think Felicity on its own is too long of a name for everyday use and there aren't as many good nicknames as in Elizabeth (also 4 syllables).  Flicka, Liss/Lissy, ?

I have a second cousin named Felicity and indeed, she had no nickname -- Felicity was it. I haven't seen her since she was a teenager, decades ago. She hated her name at that time, but most teenagers do, I think. (Thinking back on it now, the name really suited her personality.) I like the name, personally.

11 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Any chance they will go for an F theme? I don’t really see them doing it, but it did occur to me that F is the sixth letter of the alphabet and Jinger is Duggar child #6.

Anyway, I’m having the hardest time thinking of F names. Frederick. Felix (probably too close to Felicity). Frank/Franklin/Francis/Frances. What else?

And Felicity’s birth announcement was the 666 post on the Duggar IG. Escandaló!

5 minutes ago, Letizia said:

And Felicity’s birth announcement was the 666 post on the Duggar IG. Escandaló!

good catch I don't know what to think of that coincidence for some reason I'm leaning a bit towards creeped out. 

I so desperately wanted to be a Devon or a Lauren when I was a child. Thought those were the most romantic and classy names :)

I guess I'm a nerd (I'm sure you are all shocked!) because the first thing I thought of when I heard the name was my beloved Felicity Smoak from the DCTV Universe. The second thing? The 90s TV show with Keri Russell and her glorious curls. <3 

Felicity is quite pretty as a name! My first association was with the American Girl doll. :)

It does look like Jinger had her in some kind of medical facility, whether it was a birth center or a hospital. I agree with whoever said the door hinges look like it. And she's looking pretty good for having just had a baby: tired, of course, but I think that's the rule rather than the exception.

I'm trying to remember what names were really popular in my class in school (born mid-80s). There were several Crystals, but I'm not sure what else, and I'm not curious enough to go dig out my old yearbooks. Interestingly enough, my name had the height of its popularity ever, according to the Social Security index, right around then, but it never got high enough/used enough in my area for me to have a problem with classmates having the same name. Of course, that meant that I had very iffy chances of getting a bicycle nameplate or a keychain!

52 minutes ago, Runningfromreality said:

As for naming children after family members, all of the baby names we're considering are somehow family names. My favorite boy name right now is actually my grandmother's maiden name. My favorite girl name is my other grandmother's middle name. The only problem with that name is that my cousin has said before that they were planning on using it if they had a girl. She thought they were done at the time, but they're expecting their 4th in November. If they have a girl and use that name I think we'll use another girl name. I only have 4 cousins so it seems weird for us to both have daughters (especially 4 months apart) with the same first name. 

Same boat here. :) Not currently expecting, but all of our planned baby names are family names. Currently my sister-in-law is pregnant, planning on using family names, and I'm pretty sure using the same first name we were thinking of for a girl if we ever have one. Wouldn't be quite as bad if it weren't for the fact that she might be thinking of using the same middle name, too, based on comments she's made! Add in that we're talking about trying for a second soon and, well, it might be interesting since that name was basically the only girl name my husband and I could agree on.

Using family names makes things so much more interesting, doesn't it?

My maiden name is very unique, only 40 people or so have it in the country so I got a very common first name/middle name Melissa Marie.  Late 70's baby.  

Marie was my grandmother's name, all the girls in my family have it as a middle name. 

39 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I guess I'm a nerd (I'm sure you are all shocked!) because the first thing I thought of when I heard the name was my beloved Felicity Smoak from the DCTV Universe. The second thing? The 90s TV show with Keri Russell and her glorious curls. <3 

God, remember when she cut her hair off? A national tragedy. Never forget.

God, remember when she cut her hair off? A national tragedy. Never forget.

I’m not gonna lie, I was saddened by it. I barely remember the show anymore but I remember her beautiful hair and when she cut it short. I mean, you do you Keri, but if I had that beautiful hair, and more importantly, regular access to professionals to make it even prettier, I’d never cut mine!

I'm an early 90s baby. in middle school, there were 6 "Kaitlyn"s in my class (2 Kaitlyns, a Katelyn, a Katlyn, a Katy, and a Caitlyn if I recall correctly). at least 2 had the middle name Nicole and 1 Marie. We also had 2 "Nicole Marie"s, 2 Angelas, and several Laurens. 

2 hours ago, artdecades said:

I was born in the late 80s and I feel like every other girl has the middle name Marie.  I had three roommates once and two had the middle name Marie.

I was born in the early 70s and every girl I knew had a middle name of Marie, Ann, or Lynn. As a child, I honestly thought there was a law that only permitted those three names as middle names for girls!  :my_biggrin:

I know a popular name in the 90's was Hannah. We almost named daughter #2 that name, but we chose Lily instead. Good thing, because she had 4 Hannahs as friends growing up.

I think it took Keri Russell a long time to outgrow Felicity.

She has been awesome on the recently ended, The Americans. Must see show. Easily one of the best dramas of the last few years. She’s a Russian spy with a family in the 80s.

I was the only person I knew with my first name until after highschool.

I named my son with decades long popular man's name.  

Everyone in our family on both sides is named for someone else, mostly in second names but occassionally first. 

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived