IGNORED

Jinjer 41: Felicity Nicole 8 lb 3 oz

Coconut Flan

I LOVE FELICITY AS A NAME it is soooo JinJer I think! lol. Definitely old-fashioned hipster ish, haha. They could F-theme with Faith, Francesca/Frank, Fabian, Forrest, etc.....but I don't think they will. 

New official ihaveanexamintwodays JinJer prediction = 3 girls and 1 boy. Felicity Nicole, Giulia Faith, Ava Marie, Charles Joseph. Ta da!

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if I'm too late for the family name drift, but J names run in my family.

On my dad's side, he and his 4 siblings all have J names; only 1 of the 5 has a Duggar's name.

On my mom's side, all 5 of the grandchildren are granddaughters (1 has a J name). Three of us married J names, (one of my cousins has married twice to men with the same J name). Only two of us have birthed sons, and both have J names. 

I need a nap after writing that out.

16 hours ago, adidas said:

Felicity Nicole, 8lb 3oz. 

Oops we cross posted - sorry to repeat the news!

6B48D566-D607-4692-94A6-414C22FB7C3E.jpeg

As someone said, it does look like this could very well be a hospital facility. I don't remember who it was, but they mentioned a Christian birthing centre in/near Laredo, wouldn't be surprised if they had decorated the rooms all nice and stuff.

Just, please Lord, let her have been born in the hospital... we need some change from the home births, failed and successful!

29 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

It's a trend that's been really popular for probably about 15 years now. All the names you listed are in the top 100, and Elijah is actually in the top 10.

Don't think this doesn't piss me off. When we named DS this, almost 21 years ago, it was NOT even in the top 50 (it was at 81), in 1997 it bumped up to 74th, it didn't hit the top 10 in names until 2016. He was the only kid in his grade with the name, and there was another boy in the grade below him, and in my daughter's class, 2 years behind him, there were 2 boys with that name as well.

As for my daughter, her name was most popular the year I named her that, it was #324 on the list of popular names. She still gets mad at me for her never having her name on a keychain. :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, CancerBomb said:

I love the name Felicity, it means "great happiness." The little one looked so sweet asleep in her mom's arms in her little dress. I doubt Jinger and Jeremy will go with an F theme, Jill and Jessa obviously didn't theme name their kids, and from how Joy and Kendra picked their names, I doubt they'll be letter themes, but maybe Bible or family names? Also, if the Duggars have say, 50 grandchildren (not an overzealous estimate), are there going to be grandkids with the same name, or if say Jessa has a daughter and loves the name Felicity, will she not pick it because her sister has a daughter named Felicity?

I would hope she would steer away from it. It's one thing to share middle names or one have a middle name and first name because family ie Mason Garrett and Garrett David but to give two the exact same first name or use it as a middle when it has no family connection I think is just wrong.  there are plenty of names out there. 

2 hours ago, louisa05 said:

I actually know a Zaiden from subbing, so heck, let's throw any consonant on the front of that one.

I had JUST finished catching up with this thread and turned my attention to Maury when I saw that one of the guests had a child named Zaiden.  Go figure! 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Duggars have gotten lucky with no one sharing a birthday (not including the twins of course). I looked at all the birthdays and none of the sons or daughters in law share a birthday nor do the grandchildren. 

Felicity came close to Boob’s birthday but thankfully she gets her own day. 

I find the coincidence funny that of only three granddaughters two of them are the grandkids  with their birthday's close to Jim Bob.  Meredith being on the sixteenth and now Felicity on the nineteenth. 

1 hour ago, KelseyAnn said:

In my grade, there were four Kelseys, five Samanthas, two sams, three Mckenszies, and four Jakes. Shit got confusing real fast considering there was like only 35 of us. 

growing up it was a lot of Jennifer's, Brittany's (In multiple spellings), Ashley's and Lauren's. middle names were usually Lynn, Marie or Ann. 

8 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

As for my daughter, her name was most popular the year I named her that, it was #324 on the list of popular names. She still gets mad at me for her never having her name on a keychain. :pb_lol:

I guess I'm the opposite. For my age group, especially the year I was born, the name I was given was the second most popular. And I was mad because I could never find a keychain with my name. Always sold out. Nowadays it's hard to find at all since it's fallen major in popularity. Fuck that!

14 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

well there is already a josie LOL 

After all this talk of recycling names, it could be used again! After all, Josie is their  miracle baby.

I had a history class in grade 12 where there were 4 guys named Jason.  There were 16 students total in the class so 25% of the class was named Jason.

To tell them apart, the teacher addressed them as Jay, Jay Last Name, Jason and MrLastName.

Welcome to the world, Felicity! May you have life filled with love, happiness, and all of the opportunities you deserve❤

::raises hand:: 

Super common name here, too. In my grade school class of 28 (7 girls, 21 boys) 3 of us had the same name. We also fell all together alphabetically. My dad isn’t quite sure, but he was pretty sure there was another baby with the same first and middle name as me in the maternity ward. 

I LOVE the name felicity, baby no 4 was born with a caul ( still inside intact umbilical cord) and here in Ireland that's regarded as a really lucky thing and the tradition where I'm from is to call the baby Feidhlimidh ( pronounced Felimy) which is the Irish version of Felicity. 

My lil pudding ended up being called Orlaith Feidhlimidh but I sometimes wish I'd given her an anglicised name and gone with Felicity.

52 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

New official ihaveanexamintwodays JinJer prediction = 3 girls and 1 boy. Felicity Nicole, Giulia Faith, Ava Marie, Charles Joseph. Ta da!

Considering Jeremy's views on Catholicism, I don't think they will be going with "Ava Marie" : )

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I'm sure Lauren will be announcing in about three months if not sooner. 

see that is my problem - lauren is married to who?  

4 minutes ago, nst said:

see that is my problem - lauren is married to who?  

Josiah, as of June 30th

I share my middle name with my mother, grandmother, great grandmother and my niece. If I had a daughter she would definitly have it too. 

Miniway has two middle names, one from my family and one from Mr Ways. His first name is the name of one of my grandparents brother but that’s just a coincident. I’ve never met that brother. Moving from the country has made Mr Way insanly popular in Australia and two of his siblings and his best friend has kids that are named after him. I’ve told him this would never have happened if he was still around. :)

My brother and my husband both have J names (Joshua and Johnny). My family like to share names...my uncle has my papaw's middle name. I have my uncle's middle name. My cousin has my dad's middle name. Our youngest shares her middle name with her dad and papaw. My nephew has his great uncle's middle name.

I love name.  Someone I know is dating a Felicity (goes by Fizzy). Also I had a childhood cat called Fliss but her full name was Furlicity. 

1 minute ago, Snarkangel Gabriel said:

I love name.  Someone I know is dating a Felicity (goes by Fizzy). Also I had a childhood cat called Fliss but her full name was Furlicity. 

I LOVE the nickname Fizzy for Felicity! I have a fantasy of having twin girls named Eliza and Felicity and calling them Lizzy and Fizzy. Now I'm a little disappointed that I didn't think of it first. :lol:

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I find the coincidence funny that of only three granddaughters two of them are the grandkids  with their birthday's close to Jim Bob.  Meredith being on the sixteenth and now Felicity on the nineteenth. 

growing up it was a lot of Jennifer's, Brittany's (In multiple spellings), Ashley's and Lauren's. middle names were usually Lynn, Marie or Ann. 

Were you born in the 80s? That was my experience. 

What would have been popular middle names in the US in the 90s and 00s? 

I assume Rose/Grace/Faith/Mae came later? 

10 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

What would have been popular middle names in the US in the 90s and 00s? 

I assume Rose/Grace/Faith/Mae came later? 

I was born early 90's and like I said above many friends had Lynn, Marie, Ann.  Nicole was also pretty popular. I had a family name so none of those but I had three cousins with Lynn  

lets see of my cousins (And not mentioning my own middle names and not mentioning the boys there were three  Lynn  a jo a Nicole an Eve and a reanne and those are only the cousin's I can remember LOL 

(These were all born between 1990 and 2001

I was born in the mid-90s and I feel like the most popular middle names among my classmates were Marie, Elizabeth, and Lynn.  

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived