IGNORED

Jinjer 41: Felicity Nicole 8 lb 3 oz

Coconut Flan

34 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

1971 here, and team Marie, Sue, Ann, Lynn, Lee/Leigh. Those 5 names and variations cover many of our middle names in that era. Am not a Jennifer, Amy, Heather, Michelle, though.

I’m about your age, and one of those is my middle name. Several of my classmates had the same middle name.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I should also have added Stacey, Kelly, Dawn, and Nicole.

We only had one Dawn in my graduating class. But three Stacys, five Amys, four Jennifers. (I've mentioned this here before--the JV Cheer Squad our tenth grade year was Stacey, Stacy, Jenni, Jenny, Amy, Amie, and Suzanne).  Only one Michelle and one Heather. We had two female Kellys and one male. No Nicole. I think it peaked a little later in the Midwest or at least in this immediate area; I don't think I ever had a Nicole in my class growing up. I recall a lot of Nicoles in college that were two or three years behind us. (You and I are same birth year). 

For F names, might as well add Fayden. To go with the current Aidan, Brayden, Jayden, Hayden, Cayden trend. In my sub teacher experience, in any current class preK-5, there will be at least two of the above and most other boys's names will end in a vowel and the letter N.  I actually know a Zaiden from subbing, so heck, let's throw any consonant on the front of that one. Why not F? 

Vivian Vuolo.  Verity Vuolo.   Alliteration is not so bad.  Except Viola.  Not so much. 

I’m guessing Jinger and Jeremy won’t stick to a theme. They just don’t really seem like the type. And maybe Josh ruined the letter theme for everyone?

As for who will announce a pregnancy next, I think it’s a toss up between Jessa, Lauren and Anna. I keep thinking that Anna might get pregnant again sooner this time as Josh has been out of Jesus Jail and is supposed to be a redeemed man and recommitted to his marriage and all that. Jessa wasn’t pregnant as of the beginning of May, so unless she got pregnant right after that we probably have a while to wait. Whatever she’s been doing (intentional or otherwise) to avoid pregnancy, I’m guessing it won’t hold up much longer.

All this talk about names reminded me of the two oddest names I every encountered. Billion and his brother..... Billennium.  

11 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Felicity is one of my all-time favorite names. I'm a fan.

Though could someone explain to me the fundie trend of reusing mom's middle name? I've seen Anna (Mackynzie Renee), Priscilla (Davia Lynn), Erin (Brooklyn Elise), Alyssa (Zoey Joy), and now Jinger do it. I think it's nice that they do it especially given how often boys have common elements in their names (Garrett, Gilvin, David, James, Robert Ellis, Charles Stephen), but it seems rather uniquely fundie to me (unless you count royal families where everyone reuses the same like 10 names). 

It's not just a fundie thing. I'm the fourth girl in my family with the middle name Ann and I plan on continuing that tradition, too. I think a lot of women like doing that, because it's more socially acceptable than naming a daughter after yourself. 

I was subbing last month and had a Year 12 class (Year 11 in England and 10th grade (i think) in the US).

It had names like Chardenay (spelt like that), Hunter and Shakira in the class. Very strange names for Northern Ireland especially when you put them on a roll call with names like Adam, Sarah, Orla etc 

46 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I'm sure I've told this story before, but I was given my mother's first name as my middle name. It's a very old-fashioned and dare I say conventionally "ugly" name. In any case, my mother was named for her grandmother, my great-grandmother, who was still living when I was born. She was a formidable woman, who at this point was pushing upper nineties. When my mother presented me to great-grandma and told her I was named for her, she replied "I always hated that name."

Funny thing is, I like my middle name. And I love sharing part of my name with my mother.

Do we have the same grandmother? Because when my sister told mine she was getting married, all she said was, "Well, what would you go and do that for?" 

Just now, KelseyAnn said:

Do we have the same grandmother? Because when my sister told mine she was getting married, all she said was, "Well, what would you go and do that for?" 

I personally can't wait to hit 80, because all of my attempts at civility and holding my tongue are going to go out of the window. 

Somebody mentioned F theme, and well, couple that with a family name and we have... Free Jinger Vuolo. :boom:

1 minute ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I personally can't wait to hit 80, because all of my attempts at civility and holding my tongue are going to go out of the window. 

Mine have already gone out the window at the ripe old age of 24, lol. 

I have the same middle name as my mother and my grandmother. My aunt (my mom's sister) has my grandfather's unisex middle name, as does her daughter and grand-daughter, so that middle name is on its fourth generation now.

The Duggars have gotten lucky with no one sharing a birthday (not including the twins of course). I looked at all the birthdays and none of the sons or daughters in law share a birthday nor do the grandchildren. 

Felicity came close to Boob’s birthday but thankfully she gets her own day. 

17 minutes ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

I was subbing last month and had a Year 12 class (Year 11 in England and 10th grade (i think) in the US).

It had names like Chardenay (spelt like that), Hunter and Shakira in the class. Very strange names for Northern Ireland especially when you put them on a roll call with names like Adam, Sarah, Orla etc 

An elementary class (ages 5-11) in the U.S is currently incomplete without at least one Hunter sitting among the previously mentioned Aiden/Hayden/Caden/Brayden/Jadens. 

I feel like nothing is odd anymore. Maybe Oktober and Cosmo. Have had kids with both names. Cosmo was the only boy in that first grade class whose name did not end with a vowel followed by the letter N, though. 

3 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

An elementary class (ages 5-11) in the U.S is currently incomplete without at least one Hunter sitting among the previously mentioned Aiden/Hayden/Caden/Brayden/Jadens. 

I feel like nothing is odd anymore. Maybe Oktober and Cosmo. Have had kids with both names. Cosmo was the only boy in that first grade class whose name did not end with a vowel followed by the letter N, though. 

In my grade, there were four Kelseys, five Samanthas, two sams, three Mckenszies, and four Jakes. Shit got confusing real fast considering there was like only 35 of us. 

Not that they'll keep the 'F' theme, but one could stick with the sound rather than the actual letter and add names like Phillip, Phoebe, Phinneas, (Ferb!), Phrynne...  

Also, am I the only one who thought of "My Friend Flicka"?  I had to go look it up on Wikipedia... I guess the Flicka in that series isn't short for Felicity but I'm sure I've heard of someone using Flicka as a nickname for Felicity.  Maybe Felicity Huffman?  I still think Felicity on its own is too long of a name for everyday use and there aren't as many good nicknames as in Elizabeth (also 4 syllables).  Flicka, Liss/Lissy, ?

Long time lurker (for  years). Couldn't ever think of a user name, so I took the suggestion from earlier in the thread. 

I hope they had a safe hospital birth with no complications and that Felicity will have more freedoms growing up. 

Congrats to them. Don't like the name at all even though I was a huge fan of Felicity (the tv show).

I can see Jessa pushing out a pregnancy another 6 months or so and then having another 2 kids in quick succession, almost like a built-in buddy-team of 2. For some reason among my in-laws' friends (all in late 60s/early 70s and v v Catholic with 4+ kids) this appears really common. Two kids super close together, even as close as Irish twins, then like 2.5-3 years off, then 2 more kids quickly, etc. But if Henry and Spurgeon are very close and get along well I can see her not wanting to disrupt that dynamic with a third wheel yet.

Kendra will start lapping people quickly IMO. Jill I think will hold out for a long time - Derrick has no interest in more kids is my guess and maybe they have 1 or 2 more at some point but they are in no hurry. I wouldn't be shocked at all if they end up with just the boys.

52 minutes ago, CancerBomb said:

I love the name Felicity, it means "great happiness." The little one looked so sweet asleep in her mom's arms in her little dress. I doubt Jinger and Jeremy will go with an F theme, Jill and Jessa obviously didn't theme name their kids, and from how Joy and Kendra picked their names, I doubt they'll be letter themes, but maybe Bible or family names? Also, if the Duggars have say, 50 grandchildren (not an overzealous estimate), are there going to be grandkids with the same name, or if say Jessa has a daughter and loves the name Felicity, will she not pick it because her sister has a daughter named Felicity?

Jill and Jessa do have themes though. The Dills have gone with names ending in “-El” (something to do about the meaning relating to God) and Benessa have picked names connected to “heroes” of the Christian faith (Charles Spurgeon and William Wilberforce.)

I’d guess any name sharing between cousins would be with middle names more than first names. Like Garrett and Israel both having the middle name “David” or Garrett having Mason’s middle name as his first.

And for anyone interested, updated Grandduggar mnemonic:

My Mother Made Internet Memes Starring Henry Seewald Making Glittery Green Frogs

(Mackynzie, Michael, Marcus, Israel, Meredith, Spurgeon, Henry, Samuel, Mason, Gideon, Garrett, and Felicity.)

And to remember which kid belongs to who:

- The Smuggars have 5 Marvelous M’s (Mackynzie, Michael, Marcus, Meredith, and Mason)

- The Dills have 2 Insanely Sweet sons (Israel and Samuel)

- Benessa have 2 Seriously Handsome sons (Spurgeon and Henry)

- JinJer have 1 Fine girl (Felicity)

- JoKen have 1 Gorgeous son (Garrett)

- JoStin have 1 Giddy guy (Gideon)

And if anyone needs the same for the Bates family...

Brother Andy Caught Kaci Baking Large Zeppoles Entirely Golden Brown 

(Bradley, Allie, Carson, Kaci, Brooklyn, Lexi, Zoey, Everly, and Gestating Boy)

- ZachNey have 2 Beautiful Kids (Bradley and Kaci)

- Cherin have 3 Children Babbling Everyday (Carson, Brooklyn, and Everly)

- The Websters have Adorable Little Zealots* (Allie, Lexi, and Zoey)

- BoRi have 1 Gestating Boy

*I didn’t want to call them Zombies and this was the best I could come up with. Feel free to offer suggestions!

1 hour ago, just_ordinary said:

I like Felicity and I think it goes well with Vuolo. Nicole though- was highly overused in the 1980/90 and is not old enough to make a comeback (in my country).

Some more F-names, but I don’t think they will do this cringy same letter babe thing:

Fiona, Fanny, Fabienne, Fabiola, Fae, Fenja, Franciska, Frieda, Frederika

Fabian, Ferdinand, Finley, Fivel (don’t laugh it has been seen), Fabrice, Frank

Enough names for a well sized quiver. Let’s hope it doesn’t come to it.

I forgot Fern!  I like that name.  And I see I missed plenty others as well.

I don't think they'll do a letter theme, I just enjoy trying to think of names.

According to Derick, the -el endings are not a theme, just a coincidence. I think Josh and Anna and Jessa and Ben are the only couples who have said they’re using a theme (so far).

3 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

Kendra will start lapping people quickly IMO. Jill I think will hold out for a long time - Derrick has no interest in more kids is my guess and maybe they have 1 or 2 more at some point but they are in no hurry. I wouldn't be shocked at all if they end up with just the boys.

I am pretty sure he has interest in having sex with his wife though ;)  And Jill will want a little girl more than ever now.

5 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

In my grade, there were four Kelseys, five Samanthas, two sams, three Mckenszies, and four Jakes. Shit got confusing real fast considering there was like only 35 of us. 

In the late 90s I was directing four Sarahs in one high school play (they were officially referred to by their character names to keep blocking rehearsals from driving me mad--so much so that I sometimes accidentally called them the character names in class later) . In 2010, I had three Michaela's (all spelled differently) in one section of 10th grade speech. One senior class in the 00s had three Dustins (I seriously dislike that name--my dislike grew when I found out one mom called her Dustin "Dust"). 

9 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

I must be a good 20+ years older than you (no one named McKenzie my age other than McKenzie Phillips).  But anyway, last night, my husband was talking to a couple friends of ours and started talking about "Our friend Lisa's son...."  and it took me until he was halfway into the story before I worked out which Lisa and son he was talking about.   

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived