Jump to content
IGNORED

Jinjer 41: Felicity Nicole 8 lb 3 oz


Coconut Flan

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Letizia said:

Jeremy is tired ya’ll 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

    

 

 

Jeremy, it's called #beingaparent

  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Hey, at least it means he’s up with Jinger and Felicity instead of leaving her to deal. 

or he misses his books because of his new child 

  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

I highly doubt that. He’s no Smuggar. 

 

Not many people are. Does not mean he is super thrilled to have his sleep pattern disrupted or eagerly waiting to change every shitty 2AM Diaper either. I Don’t blame him. I am sure he helps but equally sure Jinger gets up with Felicity at night mostly. Truth be told Jinger will have been getting up at night to deal with her baby and toddler buddies for years so it probably is easier for her. 

 

 

  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ah I see Tons of parents on facebook sharing crap like that every day. nothing really snark worthy IMO

  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 17
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

 

Not many people are. Does not mean he is super thrilled to have his sleep pattern disrupted or eagerly waiting to change every shitty 2AM Diaper either. I Don’t blame him. I am sure he helps but equally sure Jinger gets up with Felicity at night mostly. Truth be told Jinger will have been getting up at night to deal with her baby and toddler buddies for years so it probably is easier for her. 

 

 

I know, but I have a fair number of kids, and I’m not thrilled with losing all that sleep either lol. I mostly get up with babies because I have the boobs and because my husband has to get up at 5:30 am and commute for work and I don’t, but he’s still up quite a bit with us  and exhausted for those first few weeks. I think the posts are funny and not particularly snark worthy, but ymmv. 

 

The reason I said he’s no Smuggar is two-fold. I don’t think Jeremy is a dick husband who will let his wife do everything herself like most of us assume Josh did. And I think jeremy is smart enough not to post little memes like that if he knew he was sleeping through those sleepless newborn nights. 

  • Upvote 17
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Jeremy's #LOLRelatable tweet means that he's actually stepping up and being an involved parent to his child, that puts him miles ahead of at least two of his BILs, which is sad but there you go. Now, Jeremy, I'm not holding my breath for you to renounce your really bigoted beliefs about gay people and Catholics, but if you send Felicity to actual school, remain (somewhat) gainfully employed, and keep your Twitter limited to LOL BEING A PARENT IS MORE THAN I SIGNED UP FOR WHEN I ORGASMED WHO'DVE THUNK tweets, you'll win the Better Than Derick Award. It's not a very hard award to win, but I believe in you. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 30
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

I know, but I have a fair number of kids, and I’m not thrilled with losing all that sleep either lol. I mostly get up with babies because I have the boobs and because my husband has to get up at 5:30 am and commute for work and I don’t, but he’s still up quite a bit with us  and exhausted for those first few weeks. I think the posts are funny and not particularly snark worthy, but ymmv. 

 

The reason I said he’s no Smuggar is two-fold. I don’t think Jeremy is a dick husband who will let his wife do everything herself like most of us assume Josh did. And I think jeremy is smart enough not to post little memes like that if he knew he was sleeping through those sleepless newborn nights. 

well until otherwise proven we'll assume Jeremy didn't take a nap well Jinger was pregnant so that alone makes him better then Smuggs. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

I know, but I have a fair number of kids, and I’m not thrilled with losing all that sleep either lol. I mostly get up with babies because I have the boobs and because my husband has to get up at 5:30 am and commute for work and I don’t, but he’s still up quite a bit with us  and exhausted for those first few weeks. I think the posts are funny and not particularly snark worthy, but ymmv. 

 

The reason I said he’s no Smuggar is two-fold. I don’t think Jeremy is a dick husband who will let his wife do everything herself like most of us assume Josh did. And I think jeremy is smart enough not to post little memes like that if he knew he was sleeping through those sleepless newborn nights. 

Yea, I agree, with a super brand new nursing baby in the house 1- probably nobody is getting a ton of sleep yet and 2- of course Jinger is up more, she’s ( presumably ) nursing. 

  • Upvote 8
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

ah I see Tons of parents on facebook sharing crap like that every day. nothing really snark worthy IMO

I totally agree. Their baby is less than a week old, they can whine as much as they want. It is exhausting.

Better them than me. I had a sleep over with my 9 month old nephew recently and I was a tragic human being for a few days afterwards. I cried more than the baby.

  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 30
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Michelle and Jana, and probably Jeremy's mother are probably still with them. Should give Jinger a few days to recover. Little babies are exhausting. I knew but didn't realize just how much til I had mine.

  • Upvote 11
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

I highly doubt that. He’s no Smuggar. 

To be fair, this is his first kid. We have no clue whether he’ll be a Smuggar-type father or not. 

9 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

I feel like Jeremy’s trying to be hashtag relatable, but it’s just coming off as annoying to me 

Same. Still better than anything OfJill would post though. I’m still grateful we haven’t gotten any “NEWBORNS ARE SINFUL DEVILS FOR NOT RESPECTING THEIR FATHER’S RIGHT TO SLEEP!” type posts thus far from OfJill.*

Here’s hoping Jeremy and Jinger settle happily into parenthood without too many issues. The sleep deprivation is something most people are aware of going into parenthood, but the reality can still be very surprising.

*By the way, if you read here Derick, this is not a suggestion for future posts.

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/22/2018 at 11:57 PM, Audrey2 said:

I'm too old for the American Girls dolls, but my siblings and I had the Fisher Price My Friends dolls. I had Jenny, the brunette, my sister had Mandy, the blond, and my brother had Mikey. My jenny had the yellow dress, white hat, and white shoes, instead of the brown. They had the rubbery plastic arms and legs, but cloth bodies. You could also get patterns and make more clothes for them, as well as buy clothes. I wonder if anyone else remembers them

  Hide contents

1364433959.jpg

 

I had Mandy!! And Jenny.

 

my Mandy never fit the clothes though because she was a tad overstuffed. So they said to send her back and they would fix her but it seemed wrong- so she just didn’t have a lot to wear.

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

well until otherwise proven we'll assume Jeremy didn't take a nap well Jinger was pregnant so that alone makes him better then Smuggs. 

Josh actually napped during one of Anna’s labors. I don’t remember at what point or if she told him to or what. To be honest, I don’t really see much wrong with him napping if Anna was fine with it and she wasn’t actually pushing the kid out at that point. I was glad my husband was able to get some rest while I was in labor - it meant at least one of us was mostly functional and able to go see our daughter in NICU immediately. 

  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder if Jinger kicked her family out fairly quickly? She wanted nothing to do with them after her wedding, I could see her being like "okay thanks you can go now" after the baby is born too.

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

Michelle and Jana, and probably Jeremy's mother are probably still with them. Should give Jinger a few days to recover. Little babies are exhausting. I knew but didn't realize just how much til I had mine.

Sounds like my definition of hell.

I kept family away from my house when GryffindorDisappointment was born. The three of us (GryffDis, the ObviousSquib, and I) were on our own for the first two weeks. I thought it was important for the three of us to learn how to be a family first, without any outside interference.

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I got the notification for Jeremy's posts last night, they didn't annoy me at all. I have a seven week old and a toddler, and my only thought was,"same." I think I have a more serious relationship with my coffee maker and electric kettle than I do with my husband right now. Caffeine currently offers the sweetest fellowship, and I make myself joyfully available to be righteously fulfilled many times a day. 

Edited by lizzybee
  • Upvote 18
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Haha 23
  • Love 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mr Melon had a few sleepless nights,but it did not last long.I'd get up to nurse,and he did not even realize it,if he happened to still be up,he'd go get the baby and bring him to me.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yea, I co-slept with all my babies, so Dad didn’t have much to do in the middle of the night. Unless the baby was fussy, then he could rock or walk the baby. I stayed with my mom the first couple weeks after each birth - it was really helpful, for me, but I know that’s not everyone. 

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, louisa05 said:

I had Mandy. 

To totally date myself, I had this doll: 

http://crissyandbeth.com/babycrissy.html

She'd probably be worth something had I not at some point broke off one of her fingers. 

I still have her! I also used to have a Velvet doll (not a baby doll though). 

19 hours ago, louisa05 said:

My aunt got me Growing Up Skipper for my birthday. I want to say I was 7 or 8. She was a bit creepy, really. 

Here's a vintage commercial for those unfamiliar: 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

I had her too. My friend and I ripped off her chest to see how the chest worked. 

19 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

I had one. I tore that CP kid to Holy Hell. I was terrible baby doll mother... they were filthy, naked and had cats laying on them most of the time.

I have a Baby Tender love that has a box of baby clothes. I change her every so often. I can't believe that doll is about 50 years old! I still like to hold her when times are tough (which they have been lately). Takes me back to my childhood. 

8 hours ago, adidas said:

I totally agree. Their baby is less than a week old, they can whine as much as they want. It is exhausting.

Better them than me. I had a sleep over with my 9 month old nephew recently and I was a tragic human being for a few days afterwards. I cried more than the baby.

That is too funny! 

I think lack of sleep is one of the reasons I only have one child. I just like my sleep and hate to get up. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Georgiana locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.