IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace Engaged 2: Planes, petals, and proposals

Georgiana

Hopefully Abbie is able to get her Arkansas nursing licence and continue working there. Full-time, part-time, casual part-time, whatever floats her boat and works for her. John has probably established a client base and has a house in Arkansas so it would be more difficult for him to move. Also patriarchy...

I really, really hope Josh is excluded from the wedding party. He is John’s closest brother in age, and JD was Josh’s best man, but (Turd)... I hope Jana is the only Duggar sister bridesmaid. 

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Markie said:

I really, really hope Josh is excluded from the wedding party. He is John’s closest brother in age, and JD was Josh’s best man, but (Turd)... I hope Jana is the only Duggar sister bridesmaid. 

I can see him having Joe as his best man.

33 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I can see him having Joe as his best man.

JD like Jana has been in so many weddings. I know that he was in Zach Bates, most of his sister's, Joe's for sure. I know he wasn't in Josiah's, likely he was too busy getting to know Abbie. Which is a perfectly valid excuse! :) 

6 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

JD like Jana has been in so many weddings. I know that he was in Zach Bates, most of his sister's, Joe's for sure. I know he wasn't in Josiah's, likely he was too busy getting to know Abbie. Which is a perfectly valid excuse! :) 

Exactly! I think it was a good idea to not have him in the groomsmen group - that gave him more time with Abbie. My prediction: engagement in August (perhaps last episode of this batch of CO), wedding in November. 

I can see him picking either Joe or Zach Bates, I hope he isn't pressured into choosing Josh, he made it clear in the past how he feels about Josh. He may have forgiven him and moved on now but its obvious he is not close to Josh.

2 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I can see him picking either Joe or Zach Bates, I hope he isn't pressured into choosing Josh, he made it clear in the past how he feels about Josh. He may have forgiven him and moved on now but its obvious he is not close to Josh.

honestly I think the only reason he was Josh's best man is because Josh has no friends. and John was the closest in age brother well Joe the next brother  was only what 13 or so When Josh got married. 

14 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

honestly I think the only reason he was Josh's best man is because Josh has no friends. and John was the closest in age brother well Joe the next brother  was only what 13 or so When Josh got married. 

I said this already but I think it’s telling that Zach and Josh were never close friends although they are closer in age than Zach and JD. But Josh has never seemed to have any close male friends. No one seems to like him except for maybe Pecan. 

I think JD will pick Joseph as his best man when he gets married. I remember thinking after the Josh scandal and listening to what JD had to say after it happened “I bet when he gets married Joseph will be his best man”. 

There's almost no way Josh will be best man. JD has said publicly that he no longer wants to be like Josh.  That to me, was the most direct no holds barred rebuke of Josh I have heard a member of the Duggar family give. (I give him full props for saying it.) Plus the logistical nightmare of having to blur Josh out by the TLC cameras? JD is so popular that he has no need to ask Josh to even be in the wedding party. I think J.D. has shades of quiet strength and will not cave to family pressure. 

17 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

There's almost no way Josh will be best man. JD has said publicly that he no longer wants to be like Josh.  That to me, was the most direct no holds barred rebuke of Josh I have heard a member of the Duggar family give. (I give him full props for saying it.) Plus the logistical nightmare of having to blur Josh out by the TLC cameras? JD is so popular that he has no need to ask Josh to even be in the wedding party. I think J.D. has shades of quiet strength and will not cave to family pressure. 

I remember him saying what he did about Josh and being proud of what he said. JD always seemed so quiet that after the scandal I was happy to hear him speak and he express himself. 

Maybe he could be totally different and have Jana instead of a best man. Or not.

3 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Maybe he could be totally different and have Jana instead of a best man. Or not.

How cool would that be? I'm sure slim chances but if any of them were to have a "best woman", it'd prob be JD. 

On 7/19/2018 at 9:03 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

JD's thirst was captured in gif form.

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_pc37tzZMVg1vb3sczo1_500.gif

I remember that look from seeing dating couples back in college. It's the "Hey wanna touch my - oh okay maybe later then" look.  

4 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I don't see Boob pressuring him to have Josh, how will TLC edit the sun glare inside the church?

Did anyone consider Austin as best man? 

4 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I don't see Boob pressuring him to have Josh, how will TLC edit the sun glare inside the church?

Did anyone consider Austin as best man? 

I hadn't considered it but now that you mention it that would be a good choice he seems to be close to Austin. and you're right about Josh it's not like with Joe's wedding where they could stick him at the end and then never tape him the BM would be front and center. 

My prediction is a January wedding. There have been a few November weddings already (Jinger and Jessa). December might be too busy but we will see!!

39 minutes ago, bekkah said:

My prediction is a January wedding. There have been a few November weddings already (Jinger and Jessa). December might be too busy but we will see!!

I would hope they'd take maybe a little more time then the younger siblings Maybe a Christmas Engagement with a March/April wedding I know probably wishful thinking.  

On 7/20/2018 at 11:04 AM, tabitha2 said:

If she was all that liberal she would not be marrying a Duggar .

Probably, but what I meant (and didn’t say, sorry) is that under the surface, being slightly predisposed to being liberal can lead to further growth away from conservatism, especially if you move away from the main source of indoctrination. I hope that happens for JD and Abbie.

Some would argue that the opposite is also true (eg Zsu or DRod).

I’ve seen it happen irl a few times - that someone who grew up fundie became less strict in their beliefs after being exposed to less conservative ideas (and they realised that their long hair and skirt meant very little in terms of faith) ... but the bottom line is that anecdata is only a few similar stories with some straws to be grabbed. 

1 minute ago, adidas said:

Probably, but what I meant (and didn’t say, sorry) is that under the surface, being slightly predisposed to being liberal can lead to further growth away from conservatism, especially if you move away from the main source of indoctrination. I hope that happens for JD and Abbie.

Some would argue that the opposite is also true (eg Zsu or DRod).

I’ve seen it happen irl a few times - that someone who grew up fundie became less strict in their beliefs after being exposed to less conservative ideas (and they realised that their long hair and skirt meant very little in terms of faith) ... but the bottom line is that anecdata is only a few similar stories with some straws to be grabbed. 

Maybe John and Abbie will be like Anna's older sister I think it's Rebekah both she and her husband were raised ATI but decided against it after marriage and only had two kids.  Not sure if she ever worked outside the house after marriage or even now post divorce but still.  it's not unheard of in the Duggar circle for a family to have a kid or two break away. 

I started the Joe guesses, so I'm also going to guess Austin and Zach Bates as groomsmen, filled out by as many younger brothers as he needs to balance out Abby's attendents.

In my dreams they elope. 

I hope they take the year like Jinger and Jeremy.  I hope they establish a no visit just the same (this best done by moving to her state, but not her parents town necessarily).  

I hope they break the mold.  Four kids.  

I don't think any of the older girls will want large families; they all did lots of childcare already.  Jill 5,  Jessa 3 if the next ones a girl, 4 if a boy.  Jinger 3.  And Jana if and when she married just 1, and second one at the very outside. 

I'm thinking Joe as Best Man too.

JD doesn't seem close to Josh which rules him out for me, even if TLC would go for it. I think Josh may be a groomsman, as part of the Duggar family "let's rehabilitate Josh" campaign, but standing far enough away that TLC can avoid filming him. I think Zach will be a groomsman too, under similar conditions since he appears on a rival network. 

I think if JD includes Josh, it will be as an usher. That way he is sort of included but easy to stay in the background. His groomsmen will probably be Joe, Zach, Josiah, maybe one of Abbie’s brothers (either John Clay or Caleb). But I’m not sure about the rest. He could include a BIL like Austin or a few of his friends. 

I think Abbie will include all of her 4 sisters, Jana, and then maybe a few friends. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived