IGNORED

Mrs. Jill Duggar-Dillard (Derick) 61: Now Showing Shoulders

Georgiana

My thought to Derick paying for law sorta lends to him blackmailing JB in the "you can give Jill and I what I think is rightfully ours from the show or I can tell all and get it that way" kind of situation. Otherwise now that his Cross Church program is about done, how are they affording to live or eat? 

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/17/2018 at 8:56 PM, Ms. Brightside said:

Sorry if this has been brought up- I didn't notice in the recent comments but I missed the discussion back when this was first brought up: Do we know if anyone in their circle is a lawyer? People in their community seem to want to "support" each other and might hire him... or at the very least, mentor him. They could think the PR from hiring a Duggar-affiliate would be nice. I know we would all disagree, but I'm not sure those in his circle see anything wrong with the vile things he posts and might see someone who shares their values as an asset worth supporting. 

I agree with those who think he won't finish law school, but if there is someone in their circle who he can look to for support, advice, and potentially a job, that would unfortunately provide the type of support system that would make finishing more likely. 

One of the older girl's close friends is Krista Gay. She goes to law school in NYC...she went to the Duggar church and she calls herself "conservative" still but has a lot more progressive views...like she went to the woman's march, supports LGBT equality, is pro immigration ect....From her LinkedIn, she actually looks incredibly successful...like REAL WORLD successful...

I dont think she'd be caught dead aroudn derick...i could imagine that would be career suicide for her in ny...

Derick just doesn't seem to want to work. I wonder if he doesn't want the everyday daily grind that work can be. I am fortunate that I enjoy my job but it can be a bit of a bore sometimes and I would rather be doing something else. Sometimes I think, do I have to do with for 25-30 year more?  School seems to be something that Derick is okay with doing? When I was in university, the daily grind didn't seem to be there as school is broken up into semesters with breaks and summers in between them where you get long periods of time  to do other things. When the new semester started, you start fresh with new courses.  When I first started work, I found it strange and kind of hard to get use to the idea that there work would go on without the time division that happens in school. I think that Derick finds it hard to stay on task for long periods of time. He stayed as a missionary for only a short period of time, went to missionary school and now possibly to law school. He seems to be done with the whole marriage and raising children thing. He is what I would say "He lacks grit". This is fine for people if they don't have responsibilities but he does.

After this newish development, I think Derick is a professional student, with time off for missions work. I've known a couple of professional students, one who frequently changed his major and another who holds multiple degrees, but never really worked and lived off of family money.

Of course Derick's going to go to law school.  Sigh.  

Undergrad was the greatest time of his life, it seems.  He was the beloved Pistol Pete!  Why wouldn't he want to recapture that time before he had the responsibility of "manipulative" children and a clingy, uneducated wife?  

Not to mention he's an entitled white guy with a chip on his shoulder and a self-esteem problem.  I met a ton of them in law school; the types who want to wave around that law degree to prove to other people how much smarter they are than everyone else.  Or even worse, the power to threaten a lawsuit when people disagree with him.  

If he starts, he'll probably graduate and mention it constantly until the day he dies.  You can coast in law school and still pass.  I think Derick will be anathema to respectable law firms or government.  I predict he'll have to hang out his shingle because I bet even right-wing policy/think tank type groups would likely find him too unpredictable.  There are a ton of crap sole practitioners out there (and, many good ones).  I agree that he'll probably be that guy who files vexatious, ill-researched lawsuits that only succeed because settlement is cheaper than litigation.  

Can’t help but wonder if he does go to law school if Smuggar would have feelings about it? Smugs’ bios always used to say he aspired to be a lawyer. Then he seemed headed toward a long term political-minded career and promptly set his life on fire. Again. That’s not to say Dwreck hasn’t done an exquisite job at fucking things up and not participating in the TV ministry, but I wonder if that would build resentment on both sides.

I think Smuggar was 14 or so when he said he wanted to be a lawyer. Who knows if he continued to want that or changed his mind. 

44 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

If he starts, he'll probably graduate and mention it constantly until the day he dies.  You can coast in law school and still pass.  I think Derick will be anathema to respectable law firms or government.  I predict he'll have to hang out his shingle because I bet even right-wing policy/think tank type groups would likely find him too unpredictable.  There are a ton of crap sole practitioners out there (and, many good ones).  I agree that he'll probably be that guy who files vexatious, ill-researched lawsuits that only succeed because settlement is cheaper than litigation.  

Yup. My familiarity with what happens with post-law school jobs is colored by having friends who went to law schools in Boston and NYC, and did the summer associate thing at really big law firms, where as long as you don't massively fuck up or make a total ass of yourself during the summer, you'll get offered a job for once you graduate and pass the Bar. But getting an offer to be a summer associate means a lot of playing the field and turning on the charm, and while being a summer associate is essentially, as my friend described it, the love-bombing phase of a death cult where they do tons of team building exercises and take you to fancy restaurants and events, the first few years of being a lawyer are basically hell. No life whatsoever, working 80+-hour weeks routinely. It's hard when you're single and have no responsibilities beyond your own shit, and I'd imagine it's even harder with a spouse and kids. And then to move up the ladder towards partner and make any real money, you have to continue to have that "I snort Adderall on the reg" level of work ethic/endurance and have the right personality. 

Derick would not succeed at this path. Yes, many an entitled white man has walked it and made far too much money. But Derick doesn't have White Guy Energy (distinct from Big Dick Energy): he's entitled, but he doesn't have the confidence to make you believe, if just for a moment, that he deserves what he wants. He folds like laundry and begs for others to take responsibility for him whenever he has to take on actual work and responsibilities, whether as an accountant, as a missionary, or as a husband and father. He lets mommy fight his online battles he gets himself into because he (MASSIVE liability to a big law firm) can't keep his trap shut. His public profile is also a massive ding to him getting hired at anywhere of repute: he's a reality TV star (and prioritized being a reality TV star over his well-paying, reputable job) who got FIRED from a reality show for being too much of an asshole, and he's still publicly begging the network for handouts because he refuses to get an actual job. I doubt any of the really big law firms would want it known that he's an associate with them, especially if he's lazy and practically breaks into hives at the idea of doing actual work, and acts like a dick to everyone. Though he may yet surprise us and be a hardworking lawyer, because it would be a perfect Get Out Of The Responsibilities Of Having A Family card, and he gets the bonus of being able to hold his paycheck over Jill's head if she ever grows enough of a spine to object to him barely giving a fuck about her and the kids. He would do that. 

7 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Yup. My familiarity with what happens with post-law school jobs is colored by having friends who went to law schools in Boston and NYC, and did the summer associate thing at really big law firms, where as long as you don't massively fuck up or make a total ass of yourself during the summer, you'll get offered a job for once you graduate and pass the Bar. But getting an offer to be a summer associate means a lot of playing the field and turning on the charm, and while being a summer associate is essentially, as my friend described it, the love-bombing phase of a death cult where they do tons of team building exercises and take you to fancy restaurants and events, the first few years of being a lawyer are basically hell. No life whatsoever, working 80+-hour weeks routinely. It's hard when you're single and have no responsibilities beyond your own shit, and I'd imagine it's even harder with a spouse and kids. And then to move up the ladder towards partner and make any real money, you have to continue to have that "I snort Adderall on the reg" level of work ethic/endurance and have the right personality. 

Derick would not succeed at this path. Yes, many an entitled white man has walked it and made far too much money. But Derick doesn't have White Guy Energy (distinct from Big Dick Energy): he's entitled, but he doesn't have the confidence to make you believe, if just for a moment, that he deserves what he wants. He folds like laundry and begs for others to take responsibility for him whenever he has to take on actual work and responsibilities, whether as an accountant, as a missionary, or as a husband and father. He lets mommy fight his online battles he gets himself into because he (MASSIVE liability to a big law firm) can't keep his trap shut. His public profile is also a massive ding to him getting hired at anywhere of repute: he's a reality TV star (and prioritized being a reality TV star over his well-paying, reputable job) who got FIRED from a reality show for being too much of an asshole, and he's still publicly begging the network for handouts because he refuses to get an actual job. I doubt any of the really big law firms would want it known that he's an associate with them, especially if he's lazy and practically breaks into hives at the idea of doing actual work, and acts like a dick to everyone. Though he may yet surprise us and be a hardworking lawyer, because it would be a perfect Get Out Of The Responsibilities Of Having A Family card, and he gets the bonus of being able to hold his paycheck over Jill's head if she ever grows enough of a spine to object to him barely giving a fuck about her and the kids. He would do that. 

you know you're a really big fuck up when a reality show kicks you off. That's for sure. Reality TV loves controversy but Derick is just so stupid that he likes to bite the hand that feeds him. which means any law firm that hires him better look out because he isn't going to be loyal. 

Saw a new pic on Dwrecks IG. Maybe I'm being super sensitive or picky cause its Dwreck, but this caption doesn't sit right with me.

I'm hoping he's just bad at wording but I still feel like it's more given his history of tweets. If he had written something like "moments like these are some of my favorite of being a parent" I would think he was enjoying a special moment with his son. Instead it comes across to me like someone who is iffy/dislikes being a parent most of the time but every once in a while has a good moment with the kids where he thinks they're not so bad.

Re: him going to law school..wake me in a year..cause he sure seems to have a short attention span for jobs/careers. Or wake me when he puts up a donation site cause law school is so immersive that he can't possibly do anything to earn money while in school.

IMG_0282.PNG

2 minutes ago, bella8050 said:

Saw a new pic on Dwrecks IG. Maybe I'm being super sensitive or picky cause its Dwreck, but this caption doesn't sit right wi

I'm hoping he's just bad at wording but I still feel like it's more given his history of tweets. If he had written something like "moments like these are some of my favorite of being a parent" I would think he was enjoying a special moment with his son. Instead it comes across to me like someone who is iffy/dislikes being a parent most of the time but every once in a while has a good moment with the kids where he things they're not so bad.

Re: him going to law school..wake me in a year..cause he sure seems to have a short attention span for jobs/careers. Or wake me when he puts up a donation site cause law school is so immersive that he can't possibly do anything to earn money while in school.

IMG_0282.PNG

yeah I think this is just a nitpick. it seems normal to me but when it's jill and Derick we all get there. I know I came down hard on Jill's B-day message to JB earlier today. something that wouldn't rub us wrong with any other Duggar will with Derjill. 

it could totally be me being picky, but it reminds me of his post about speaking to a group of kids at chuch and "nonetheless" having a good time.

Jill's hashtag, though. It's like a new level of clinginess, can't even let the guy post something without her tagging along. And of course she can't just say, oh what a great moment that was, no , it has to be all about showing the world what a great dad he is  :roll::roll::roll:

I agree @bella8050- it could be a bad choice of words but his first hashtag was #silverlining... that can be taken a few different ways...

They are both so awkward- :P

Meh, I don't think he meant to imply he doesn't enjoy being a parent otherwise. It could be read that way, though. It reminds me of Ivanka Trump's post about her nephew last year:

She obviously didn't mean it that way, but "an otherwise incredible day" makes it sound like she had an incredible day except for holding her nephew. Stephen Colbert joked about it:

So I’ve fallen SEVERELY behind and I’m trying to wade through the thread, but maybe y’all can help a sister out. Did Mr. Jill publicly announce his intention to go to law school? Can anyone point me to a page number for more efficient catching up?

5 minutes ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

So I’ve fallen SEVERELY behind and I’m trying to wade through the thread, but maybe y’all can help a sister out. Did Mr. Jill publicly announce his intention to go to law school? Can anyone point me to a page number for more efficient catching up?

Nothing official. Just a "scoop" from a "source" on Pickles FB.

I'd be more excited if they were announcing Jill was going to nursing school.

5 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

Nothing official. Just a "scoop" from a "source" on Pickles FB.

I'd be more excited if they were announcing Jill was going to nursing school.

Ha so still pure speculation, in other words. Thanks!

And I can agree that Jill going to school for nursing would be way more exciting. I doubt she ever will. Because 1. She’s convinced she’s already an expert midwife. She has that stubborn fundie insistance that their “godly” slipshod education from an unreputable mentor/institution is just as valid as actual, “worldly,” accredited instruction. And 2. Duggars aren’t work type people, as we know. Nursing is hard work. 

She’s also demonstrated that she is either unwilling or unable to prioritize her education while being her children’s sole caregiver. She half-assed her spanish lessons, and those were one-on-one private tutoring! I imagine that she would walk into a nursing college and expect special treatment and extra slack because she’s a mother. Not realizing that plenty of people in school are parents and are still expected to work just as hard and meet all the same requirements. I also imagine she’d suffer some social consequences if she placed her children in daycare or had a family member watch them while she attends. Sister moms don’t count, of course. So maybe she’ll go to school once she gives birth to a girl and can pass off some of her responsibilities.

Of course Ofwreck had to sneak that cringe worthy hashtag in there. lol

9 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

My thought to Derick paying for law sorta lends to him blackmailing JB in the "you can give Jill and I what I think is rightfully ours from the show or I can tell all and get it that way" kind of situation. Otherwise now that his Cross Church program is about done, how are they affording to live or eat? 

I thought the same thing.  I also wonder if Kathy is in a position to lend financial support to D'Wreck's law school ambitions.  Even with scholarships to cover tuition, there's the issue of housing, clothing, feeding, and providing other necessities such as transportation and health care insurance for a family of four.  My ex and I had two kids and we both worked while completing undergrad programs.  Supporting a family and going to school required steady employment, student loans, tuition grants, and assistance from both our families. We lived in student housing, qualified for food stamps and daycare assistance, and drove a junker, so it wasn't like we had an extravagant life style.  Much later, after I got a grad school fellowship, I still had to work an outside job part-time to make ends meet.  Even then, I had to take out a small loan at one point to stay afloat.

If Jill got a job, she isn't qualified for anything that would earn much better than minimum wage, which isn't sufficient to support a family of four.  If D'Wreck continues to be unemployed, the money to support the family has to come from somewhere.  My guess it's a combination of JB and Kathy.   

5 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

What about the scholarships his family gives out in honor of his late father?  Could he be a recipient?

That would be a very sleazy dWRECK thing to do. 

18 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

Unfortunately the numbers I've seen don't support this.  Most republicans are still behind him.  The world we live in is a very different one than I thought.  

I am Canadian, I sincerely hope the Democrats win the mid-terms.  If they do not it does not bode well for 2020.  It may well be that the USA we knew is gone forever already. 

If you are not Republican, help to find people to run, vote, organize, promote and work your buns off, run yourself - locally if you are nervous.   A whole pile of Germans did nada in the 1930's.  You can loose your country in a heartbeat, it's been prooven. 

@Greendoor:  The hard-core Republican base may still support Trump, but he has lost considerable ground with Independents and moderate Republicans.  You can see this loss of support in approval ratings published on Nate Silver's 538 website.   Red states with Republican majorities will continue to send Republican representatives and senators to congress; it's the purple states (like mine, Ohio) are where the loss of support among Independents and moderate R's will likely yield to the "blue wave" of voters for Democratic candidates.  Plus, a fired-up base of Democrats is expected to turn out in large numbers at the coming midterms.  Historically at midterms, US voters have elected representatives of the opposition party to the party in power.  I'm hopeful that historical patterns and current statistical trends hold up.  

I am worried, however, about Russian interference in the midterm elections, particularly by the effort to hack electronic balloting systems that appears to have happened on a limited basis in a handful of states in the 2016 election.  Most of the states impacted by the hacking had solid Republican majorities;  one blue state (Delaware) was also hacked.  Even though the Russian hack of the electronic balloting systems in some states appears to have been unsuccessful in changing outcomes, it creates the impression that voting is rigged and that your vote won't be counted fairly.  This kind of impression causes voters to stay home.  I'm telling everyone who will listen to "vote like your life depends on it."

11 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I think Smuggar was 14 or so when he said he wanted to be a lawyer. Who knows if he continued to want that or changed his mind. 

Am I bad person if I hope that it burns. his. shit. up. to hear about his brother-in-law in law school? If that's wrong, I don't wanna be right...

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived