IGNORED

Mrs. Jill Duggar-Dillard (Derick) 61: Now Showing Shoulders

Georgiana

9 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Jill will deff just be parenting her kids all by herself, 

Why parent by yourself when you have sister-mom aunts and nieces? She won't stay home alone when she can go to the big house like Jessa does.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry, I must have missed something--where is there proof that Derick is attending U of Arkansas law school? Did he confirm it? Was a letter of admission displayed? 

42 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I'm sorry, I must have missed something--where is there proof that Derick is attending U of Arkansas law school? Did he confirm it? Was a letter of admission displayed? 

No proof. We speculated about it a while ago and figured, yep, signs seem to point to him going, but there was no confirmation. Then Pickles ‘broke the story’ last night by announcing, yep, he’s going. Her source? ‘A source, of course.’ So yeah, still no proof.

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Our Rufus, who art in Heaven on a wall in Laredo, RoadKill be thy name... 

FTFY.

I am really shocked he is going to a real school. I would have pegged him for an online christian "law school" kinda guy

I think he can get through it.  Personally I didn't find law school all that much more rigorous than undergrad, and he got through that.  

Most lawyers now open their own firms, so he wouldn't have to work for someone demanding and could flounce around not making enough to get by.  I expect that is exactly what he will do, work for other fundies, not make much, and not work that many hours.  

How do we have proof of this?

Derrick wasn’t following LSAT prep accounts until last winter. He would have had to have an application sent out in the fall to be accepted therefore I doubt he’s going this fall. Right???

IF Derick goes to law school--I wonder how many cumulative years over 18 will he have spent in school/pretend missionarying  vs. actually working? [I acknowledge that he hopefully spent his summers in college working, and being OSU mascot may have made it difficult to hold down a part time job during the school year].

I'm not knocking higher ed--I have an advanced degree myself--but I don't have a clingy spouse & 2 kids to support.

8 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

We don't. A couple months ago people noticed he was following various law schools and law school related things on Twitter. Not long after, the brother of a guy who's dating a close friend of the Duggars randomly started blowing up Derick's social media with congratulations, best wishes for his big plans for the fall, telling him he'd hook him up with some of his people (see this post on Keeping Up With Fundies). It wasn't confirmed that he was talking about Derick attending law school, but everything basically pointed in that direction. Then last night, Pickles announced that Derick would be attending law school. She hyped it as a big exclusive scoop (of course) but refused to name her source, so her information is just what we've known for two months: there's a lot that points to Derick going (or planning to go to) law school in the fall, but so far no confirmation.

Just went through his twitter and there was nothing in his likes/replies or anything since July 16th.

Here's the big question: IF Derick is attending law school (big IF there), will he do it debt free like he promised Jim Bob he would before he married Jill?

Because I don't really see how he could swing it without student loans.  Hopefully no one gave him a scholarship, they don't seem to have much left from their "volunteer" days at TLC, Cro$$ Church can't be paying him THAT much, and Jill doesn't work (obviously).  

So how is Derick going to afford to support his family (now with housing since their current place is part of the Cross Church program) without student loans?  

IF Derick is going to law school, I think it's a terrible idea.  The man shows no follow through.  He changes paths at the drop of a hat.  It feels like he will be one of those people to get through a year or so of law school, then move on to something else.  Kinda like his Cross Church Missionary program thing.  

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Our Rufus, who art in Heaven on a wall in Laredo, RoadKill be thy name... 

FTFY.

You win the Internet today for this.   image.png.85ded8f0904c92d3fc7a723099aec09c.png

4 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Why parent by yourself when you have sister-mom aunts and nieces? She won't stay home alone when she can go to the big house like Jessa does.

I hope Jana or Jenni will let Sam out of his damn car seat 

2 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

I think he can get through it.  Personally I didn't find law school all that much more rigorous than undergrad, and he got through that.  

Most lawyers now open their own firms, so he wouldn't have to work for someone demanding and could flounce around not making enough to get by.  I expect that is exactly what he will do, work for other fundies, not make much, and not work that many hours.  

I think he has ambitions to be a character in a Kendrick Brothers/David A.R. White movie who defends the poor innocent transphobic/homophobic Christians who just wanna be free to discriminate against people for their sexuality, and he'll go aaaaaaallllll the way to the Supreme Court itself!!

Just kidding, he'll be either a sleazy ambulance chaser or will end up frittering away his days helping Turd file more lawsuits against people who hurt his fee-fees by revealing that he's a turd. And it's just as well, because at a big law firm, as a lowly associate, he'd have no choice but to work on cases for...le gasp....GAYS. 

35 minutes ago, Joyfully_Unavailable said:

I hope Jana or Jenni will let Sam out of his damn car seat 

Sam is over a year now, is he still always in the car seat or is that old information?  At a year my LO hated his car seat (he did spend a fair amount of time in it when he was 2 months, he got upset when we made him get out).

I think it’s perfect for him. You’re always a lawyer, whether you’re working or not, and it makes you sound authoritative, even if you don’t know what you’re talking about. 

15 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

Sam is over a year now, is he still always in the car seat or is that old information?  At a year my LO hated his car seat (he did spend a fair amount of time in it when he was 2 months, he got upset when we made him get out).

well in a short clip Jill posted of Josiah's wedding reception and then promptly deleted Sam was asleep in a car seat beside her. 

3 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Derrick wasn’t following LSAT prep accounts until last winter. He would have had to have an application sent out in the fall to be accepted therefore I doubt he’s going this fall. Right???

No, and no. If he sat the LSAT last winter there would be plenty of time for him to get in to a second-tier law school. Law schools are desperate these days. I looked at the law school's website and the priority enrollment deadline was April 15, but they accept applications on a rolling basis. Like I said, desperate.

3 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

FTFY.

Your’s is better. :pb_lol:

Our Rufus, who art in Laredo, RoadKill be thy name.

Thy compound come, thy cult be done, in Tonitown as it is in Laredo. 

Give us this day our daily Starbucks and forgive us our TEMPTATIONS THAT CANNOT BE RIGHTEOUSLY FULFILLED. 

As we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into the path of Jinger’s SUV, but deliver us from Jim Bob. R’Amen. 

(If I remembered it right, then I purposely went with the Catholic version. Suck it Jeremy!)

Maybe Derick can get a job with the White House. The UofA is a better law school than the one Michael Cohen went to, after all!

1 minute ago, Rachel333 said:

Maybe Derick can get a job with the White House. The UofA is a better law school than the one Michael Cohen went to, after all!

I'm not sure Trump will be there for Derelict to START law school much less finish it. One can  hope anyway.

1 minute ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm not sure Trump will be there for Derelict to START law school much less finish it. One can  hope anyway.

I really hope so. And yet... I badly, badly want to be wrong, but I honestly think Trump will get a second term. :( I don't think it's inevitable and I'll do what I can to prevent it, but the way things are going I'm not terribly optimistic.

The only way Trump gets a second term is if Putin helps him steal the election (again), which I do agree is a possibility.  It will not be because he legitimately gets more votes than his opponent (because he did not the first time around).  The tariffs and trade wars have screwed over middle America and I think they are having buyer's remorse.  You know those workers who lost their Harley Davidson jobs aren't pleased with Trump.  He will always have his base of deplorables, but we vastly outnumber them.  The key is getting out the vote and getting rid of the traitors already embedded in the system.  

6 hours ago, HereticHick said:

you mean like the pregnancy test was? 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived