IGNORED

Mrs. Jill Duggar-Dillard (Derick) 61: Now Showing Shoulders

Georgiana

I know we’re always comparing Jill to Jessa here, but I just saw some of Jessa’s latest Instagram posts and the difference between what she and Jill posts is striking. Even though I hate everything this family stands for, Jessa catches cute moments of her two boys that make you laugh/smile because her kids seem happy, Jessa doesn’t try to awkwardly insert herself into the scene, and it all looks so natural.  Jill looks like she’s trying to do the same and catch “precious moments” with her kids and it always backfires. If she could take one lesson from Jessa, it would be to keep videos and pics focused on her kids being kids and enjoying themselves, not stiff and forced “#bestpapaever” and family bonding scenarios that backfire. Jessa embraces the fact that she has two energetic toddlers and runs with it, Jill is trying to fit her square shaped family into a round hole and it’s not working and it’s painful to watch

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like that video at all. Those two are awful...and poor Sam and Izzy. 

2 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

@ViolaSebastian I was just coming here to post this and comment on it.

He is completely checked out as to the needs and wants of his kids.  The fact that Jill stood there and filmed it and chose not to release the little one from his misery says a lot.

This man is clueless.  I feel for the kids. (Of course, this *could* be just one awkward moment captured forever, but we have seen OfJill being similarly clueless in other situations involving kids, a suit and a PPT presentation ....)

Not only that, his reading aloud makes Ben Stein sound like Jim Dale. Some of my fondest childhood memories are of my dad reading aloud to me because he'd do funny voices, be really animated, and sometimes add commentary if we were reading a historical book, like Little House on the Prairie (or with that particular book, look horrified and immediately skip five pages because it took a hard right turn into Racistville). Derick is doing nothing to engage his kids, and it's no surprise that they both barely give a fuck about the story and want to get off his lap posthaste. 

In general I think Derick falls in love with concepts and not reality. He wanted A Godly Wife, not Jill. He wanted To Be A Missionary In A Far Off Land, not deal with the culture shock of living in a foreign country with actual adult responsibilities instead of just being a backpacker bum. He wanted Strapping Sons, not two energetic toddlers with personalities, wants, and needs. He wants to Be A Lawyer, and will likely fall out of love with it when he actually has to make sacrifices and effort. 

everything about that video is upsetting

poor sam is in physical distress. hes coughing and grunting and trying to move and being physically held down. Jill tries to throw a pacifier in his mouth instead of, you know, addressing his needs.

Israel seems to want to listen to the story but is so distracted by his brother he can't. Derick and Jill haven't beaten the compassion out of him yet.

then, at the end, Izzy says he wants another story, and Dericks lazy ass says no. Who does that? Wanting to be read to and wanting to spend quality time with your father should be encouraged in a child that age. Its not like Derick has a job that he is so tired from or other things to do. And his lazy ass doesn't get up from the chair and tells Izzy to put the book away.

What's wrong with Dr. Seuss? Something both kids could enjoy for the pictures and the rhythm. Oh yes. It doesn't have Jesus in it. The wolf cubs could sit still and enjoy that kind of book at Sam's age, and I certainly wouldn't have strong armed them into submission if they didn't want to listen. Can't imagine Israel got much out of the experience.

14 minutes ago, Fjrocks said:

They don't really...... would they??

1608805328_Screenshot(3).png.33dc6962d0b914a366f8b366d8c77125.png

what are we looking at in this Video. is it the time if so that's no surprise the Duggar's always brag about how they even the littles are up so late. 

17 minutes ago, Fjrocks said:

of course they would. This is Derick and Jill we are talking about

I thought it was sad when they said that's the only book when Izzy asked for two, one of HIS choosing.  Not that one book can't be more then sufficient for reading time, but such little engagement and Derick was blazing through just to get to the end.   A check box. That's not the point at all.   And of course, Jesus...good grief. 

I love, love, love doing story time with my nieces when I babysit. 

The little one goes first, all board books with lots of pictures and color, then off to bed she goes.

My 3 year old niece has a big thick book, a collection of several Berenstain Bears stories she is currently obsessed with.   I slowly read over the index of all the titles and she carefully picks the one that sounds the best.   We read it,  she turns the pages, we stop and talk, pour over the small things in the illustrations.  She points out the emotion in the faces. (Mama Bear is regularly ticked off. Haha) Then I pick a book from her shelf for us to read, usually one I am nostalgic about.

Then she engages in 547 stalling techniques to try and stay up.    

But reading with her, it's one of my favorite things in the whole world.  I relish it.

2 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

so Jill posted some pics of Garrett from his birth and for some odd reason Cathy was visiting Kendra in the hospital. am I the only one that finds this strange? i know that If I ever have kids and some random in law of a sibling showed up I would be weirded out. 

IMG_6388.jpg

Also, did we comment on the big brother sticker thing? On twitter someone said it’s hospital policy that only siblings are allowed as visitors. Did they make Israel Garret’s brother in order to visit? I know nothing about hospital policies so can’t comment on that but I wouldn’t put it past them. 

26 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

Also, did we comment on the big brother sticker thing? On twitter someone said it’s hospital policy that only siblings are allowed as visitors. Did they make Israel Garret’s brother in order to visit? I know nothing about hospital policies so can’t comment on that but I wouldn’t put it past them. 

at first I thought it was part of the shirt but the more I look at it the more I'd think it's a hospital sticker and if it is, then  what kind of hospital is that stupid. these are reality stars living very near the hospital. no way they weren't known by a majority of the staff. 

That was uncomfortable to watch and makes me sad for those boys. The book didn't seem age apporiate where it would hold their attention. I follow Carrie Underwood on IG and she put up a video awhile ago of her husband reading a book about Noah's Ark to their three year old. It seemed much more interactive for a little one, and her husband sounded animated reading it and encouraging of the son to point things out in the book. The book Izzy wanted to read could have been something like that but of course Wreck said no. 

Jill is her mothers daughter filming that and laughing, and then posting it...

Also I feel horrible for laughing at this but when I started the video and heard Derick say "Jesus" with an annoyed look I thought he was swearing.

11 minutes ago, bella8050 said:

That was uncomfortable to watch and makes me sad for those boys. The book didn't seem age apporiate where it would hold their attention. I follow Carrie Underwood on IG and she put up a video awhile ago of her husband reading a book about Noah's Ark to their three year old. It seemed much more interactive for a little one, and her husband sounded animated reading it and encouraging of the son to point things out in the book. The book Izzy wanted to read could have been something like that but of course Wreck said no. 

Jill is her mothers daughter filming that and laughing, and then posting it...

Also I feel horrible for laughing at this but when I started the video and heard Derick say "Jesus" with an annoyed look I thought he was swearing.

nope just Derick getting annoyed at his three year old for no reason again. 

1 hour ago, bella8050 said:

Derick: "What's his name?", Israel: "Israel!", Derick: "No, Jesus!!!" :pb_lol:

You go, boy. Free Izzy!

I'm starting to feel really creeped out by the videos Jill is posting, and I say that as a person y'know, who is following and commenting on this forum and has watched her videos etc. Part of what Derick said he was mad about with Jazz was that they were exploiting a child right? And he did sort of have some tenuous claim to the moral high-ground since they were technically off the show..... except what is the point of being off the show if Jill is posting videos like this?

I think what is really getting to me, other than the content, is Jill using her sons' full names in all the video titles. I could type 'Israel Dillard' into youtube and watch videos of him at vacation bible school, crying because he's scared, reading a bedtime story etc. Whatever part of his life I wanted to see, I probably could. It jst feels like so much more exposure than Counting on, where it's cute clips that have entertainment value, or just the kids in the background, and that you do presumably have to dig through the show to see. If i want footage of Israel, it's there all itemised and described, his whole life, and Sam's, in endless banal detail.

Obviously he's probably not going to have classmates in the future to worry about, and there is a great chance much of this will be dead data in 20 years when he's looking for jobs, but it just creeps me out so much. I sort of feel like with the show, at least their family is getting good money for it, and they have this sort of missionary purpose to show everyone how great a big family is - versus the youtube  videos that are lucky to crack 1k in views and have a purpose of what, exactly? I guess it might be one of those unforeseen ways growing up on reality tv messes kids up - in Jill's head, pointing the camera at little kids and broadcasting it is just par for course as parenting and to grow your 'ministry'.

Children that age should be learning to love books and reading, not endure them  :shakehead:

My older boy (2.5 years old) loves books and has about 50 favourites. We started reading age appropriate books* to him from when he was a week or two old. A love of reading is fostered by reading interesting books in an engaging way. 

*Derick, if you're reading - that book you were reading to them doesn't qualify. 

Derick reading to those kids on the video.... Izzy: "He's trying to get out!"

Everyone has awkward moments and I'd say most people have tried to record a video of a moment and then decided it wasn't a good moment because it was awkward or things didn't play out as expected. Only Jill takes a video that everyone else would know to discard and says, "This is a perfect video for all my followers to see!"

6 hours ago, Fjrocks said:

What are we looking for/at here?

Haha sorry guys, I was referring to the clock showing almost 1 AM for bedtime. 

And all families have late nights waiting for baby news or returning from a trip, no fault in that. I want to be clear, that’s not my issue by itself. But FILMING your children for YouTube clicks at 1AM? After criticizing TLC for exploiting their stars?

Pot, meet kettle. 

Or maybe they are just too lazy to set it correctly.

Either way it’s putting out poor presentation, like previous photos/videos with unexplained bruises, distressed kids or odd wording, like they almost enjoy looking like a car crash. 

Sam has that "you don't want to know" look.  He is a cutie.  

44 minutes ago, Fjrocks said:

And all families have late nights waiting for baby news or returning from a trip, no fault in that. I want to be clear, that’s not my issue by itself. But FILMING your children for YouTube clicks at 1AM? After criticizing TLC for exploiting their stars?

Pot, meet kettle. 

Either way it’s putting out poor presentation, like previous photos/videos with unexplained bruises, distressed kids or odd wording, like they almost enjoy looking like a car crash. 

I was up at 1 am all the time when I was that age. My parents were good parents. Not everyone has to be a morning person. The Duggars have said frequently that a major reason for their homeschooling/self-employment lifestyle is that they’re night owls.

Wow. I have so many thoughts. Why are they forcing sam to sit for the story? Why is Derick such a shit reader? He has no inflection, no enthusiasm, and is so deeply boring it is no wonder Sam is bored and uncomfortable. Why did Jill not edit this video? It is way too fucking long and dead boring. Your children aren’t fascinating to anyone but you, so if you’re going to post videos of them keep it quick and punchy.

One question I don’t have is why she posted this. It is obviously because she thinks it is incredibly sweet, charming, and hilarious. She can’t see what we see. That derick is reading with the deadest, most droning, boring zombie-voice that no child could be expected to enjoy. That Sam is clearly unhappy and doesn’t want to be there, and his unhappiness is ruining Israel’s enjoyment. That Derick himself looks checked out, bored, and rather like he wants to smack Sam. And she really can’t see that none of this is funny. I just feel bad for those kids.

This isn’t a sweet or charming moment at all. Derick is reading to his kids at bedtime, and doing it badly. Wow. Give that man a medal that reads #bestpapaever. 

11 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

omfg Jill put down the camera and pick up your baby who clearly does not want to be there. 

Samuel doesn't wanna be there either.

40 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I was up at 1 am all the time when I was that age. My parents were good parents. Not everyone has to be a morning person. The Duggars have said frequently that a major reason for their homeschooling/self-employment lifestyle is that they’re night owls.

I want to say absolutely a family can live on different schedules that suit them and be awesome parents. Maybe Dad is a nurse or Mom is a truck driver and it works better so they can have time with the little ones. 

But already there is an oddity to filming small children for Youtube who are clearly distressed rather then comforting them.  It's perplexing that your baby is coughing to clear their airways so you stick a binky in their mouth.  It adds another layer of  strangeness to film sick and distressed kids at freaking 1 AM. 

And being self-employed because you're a night owl and it suits you better I completely respect, but they do not have jobs.   Grifting does not equate self-employment.    Self-employment is often hard work anyways, Derick doesn't have what it takes to be self employed.  

And if they are suggesting Jill plans to homeschool their children with her SODRT education  so she and Derick can stay up late just because...  well that's really, really selfish.   There are valid and loving reasons parents select homeschooling,  mom and dad wanting to stay up late rather then go to work or get up for the school bus isn't one of them.

1 hour ago, Fjrocks said:

Pot, meet kettle. 

Are we sure it’s after midnight and not after noon? Did they specifically say it was nighttime? 

As for the video - another classic example of the Dills sucking at life. I greatly enjoy Sam’s spirit and Izzy being so loving is pretty cute. Too bad their dad is a jackass and their mom is brainless enough to think this was a #bestpapa moment.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived