IGNORED

Mrs. Jill Duggar-Dillard (Derick) 61: Now Showing Shoulders

Georgiana

4 hours ago, Dandruff said:

What about the scholarships his family gives out in honor of his late father?  Could he be a recipient?

I’m pretty sure they award those to High School students.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

His public profile is also a massive ding to him getting hired at anywhere of repute: he's a reality TV star (and prioritized being a reality TV star over his well-paying, reputable job) who got FIRED from a reality show for being too much of an asshole, and he's still publicly begging the network for handouts because he refuses to get an actual job. I doubt any of the really big law firms would want it known that he's an associate with them, especially if he's lazy and practically breaks into hives at the idea of doing actual work, and acts like a dick to everyone. 

Even if he does a 180 in terms of work ethic, he's not going to go to a legitimate Wall Street firm like Skadden Arps or Norton Rose.  These are multinationals that are acutely aware of their public profile and have to appeal to a vast market, including government agencies.  If you're a junior, you have to either be well-connected politically, or you have to be inoffensive, smart and hard-working.  

I think at best Derick will probably apply to those places, get none of them, and end up working for a couple of years in some small to medium firm in a smaller city in Arkansas or Oklahoma or something, one that can tolerate his bad behaviour for a bit of free advertising/notoriety.  He'll bleat on and on about how he never wanted to work in heathen liberal godless America or similar verbal diarrhea.  I'd say he could work as in house counsel for Walmart or Hobby Lobby, but larger corporations typically pick and choose from former associates at established corporate law firms.  

We haven't a hint of Derick having any  student loans from undergrad, right?  He had to pay out-of-state tuition. Does being the school mascot come with a scholarship?  

1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

We haven't a hint of Derick having any  student loans from undergrad, right?  He had to pay out-of-state tuition. Does being the school mascot come with a scholarship?  

he wasn't the mascot until his Jr year I believe. It wouldn't surprise me if Cathy and Rick had college funds set up for the boys that covered their tuition. 

12 hours ago, bella8050 said:

Saw a new pic on Dwrecks IG. Maybe I'm being super sensitive or picky cause its Dwreck, but this caption doesn't sit right with me.

I'm hoping he's just bad at wording but I still feel like it's more given his history of tweets. If he had written something like "moments like these are some of my favorite of being a parent" I would think he was enjoying a special moment with his son. Instead it comes across to me like someone who is iffy/dislikes being a parent most of the time but every once in a while has a good moment with the kids where he thinks they're not so bad.

I hope it's just bad wording, but given that he believes that a two-year-old is capable of using love for a parent as emotional manipulation, I'm inclined to believe that he only enjoys being a dad when the kids are clean, obedient, and malleable. 

53 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

Even if he does a 180 in terms of work ethic, he's not going to go to a legitimate Wall Street firm like Skadden Arps or Norton Rose.  These are multinationals that are acutely aware of their public profile and have to appeal to a vast market, including government agencies.  If you're a junior, you have to either be well-connected politically, or you have to be inoffensive, smart and hard-working.  

I think at best Derick will probably apply to those places, get none of them, and end up working for a couple of years in some small to medium firm in a smaller city in Arkansas or Oklahoma or something, one that can tolerate his bad behaviour for a bit of free advertising/notoriety.  He'll bleat on and on about how he never wanted to work in heathen liberal godless America or similar verbal diarrhea.  I'd say he could work as in house counsel for Walmart or Hobby Lobby, but larger corporations typically pick and choose from former associates at established corporate law firms.  

In 2017 only 9 students from the class were employed at large firms (over 50 attorneys).  only 17 in "business." 15 were unemployed.  Only 83 were employed in jobs that required bar passage.  The class size was 116.  Even if he were not as public with his issues, and were to get through, his employment chances at a large firm are not great, and given that the unemployment rate in AR is 3.8% and the unemployment rate for graduates of this law school is 12.9% his emolument chances at all are not great.  (I didn't include anyone who was getting another degree as unemployed, FYI).

I hope that his beginning law school will stop Derrick and Jill from having more babies, at least while he is in law school.  I know that other parents have gone to school while having kids, but it isn't easy.  

I’d imagine he’s ultimately trying to get into politics, mainly because he’s truly an idiot. Can’t wait to see what he switches to next after he changes his mind again and law gets tossed in the reject pile with accounting, missions, and ministry.

He reminds me of Mr. Wickham. No respect for anyone, only thinks of himself. Ministry wasn’t good enough, now he’s trying law. After he finds that an unprofitable study, maybe he’ll join the militia.

I actually don't think Derrick had to out of state tuition. At the time he was at OKState if you were a legacy it meant you received in-state tuition.* Plus he was from a bordering state and lived in a reasonable distance from the border he could have also qualified for in-state tuition as well.

During his first tuition was $119 per credit hour, too. I did some minor math the other day but playing around with the numbers OKState would have been around $35,000 for four years. That was figuring he did 12 credits per semester, lived on campus all four years, did the second to the top meal plan option, and his textbooks total was around $500. I think with 15 credits it was still under $40,000. The highest tuition went was $136-137 per credit along with them introducing a way to lock tuition prices during his second year. That is also considering he got zero scholarships to reduce the cost.

I remembered being a little peeved when I was looking at the cost in 2013 for grad school. At that time their undergrad was still $20 less then what the CC was when I grew up in. Let alone Grad School costed less then a $100 per credit what I paid for undergrad at my public university.

* OKState had the legacy in-state discount going until 2011. But Derrick could have been grandfather in for his last year. And Dan may or may not have received it too

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

I’d imagine he’s ultimately trying to get into politics, mainly because he’s truly an idiot. Can’t wait to see what he switches to next after he changes his mind again and law gets tossed in the reject pile with accounting, missions, and ministry.

He reminds me of Mr. Wickham. No respect for anyone, only thinks of himself. Ministry wasn’t good enough, now he’s trying law. After he finds that an unprofitable study, maybe he’ll join the militia.

perfect analogy.  does that make Jill Lydia. I guess in a way it does she had to race Jessa to the alter to be the first sister married. hmm Very Lydia Bennet 

1 hour ago, Greendoor said:

@ Drala - that doesn't help is they don't vote.  You MUST get the vote out. 

You betcha.  I'm planning to use vacation time in November to canvas neighborhoods and get people to the polls.  It's worth the effort in a swing state like mine.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

I’d imagine he’s ultimately trying to get into politics, mainly because he’s truly an idiot.

Sadly, if Louie Gohmert can make so can Derick.  :tw_fearful:

3 hours ago, klabourdeth said:

I actually don't think Derrick had to out of state tuition. At the time he was at OKState if you were a legacy it meant you received in-state tuition.* Plus he was from a bordering state and lived in a reasonable distance from the border he could have also qualified for in-state tuition as well.

During his first tuition was $119 per credit hour, too. I did some minor math the other day but playing around with the numbers OKState would have been around $35,000 for four years. That was figuring he did 12 credits per semester, lived on campus all four years, did the second to the top meal plan option, and his textbooks total was around $500. I think with 15 credits it was still under $40,000. The highest tuition went was $136-137 per credit along with them introducing a way to lock tuition prices during his second year. That is also considering he got zero scholarships to reduce the cost.

I remembered being a little peeved when I was looking at the cost in 2013 for grad school. At that time their undergrad was still $20 less then what the CC was when I grew up in. Let alone Grad School costed less then a $100 per credit what I paid for undergrad at my public university.

* OKState had the legacy in-state discount going until 2011. But Derrick could have been grandfather in for his last year. And Dan may or may not have received it too

I went to the university of Oklahoma at close to the same time and the per hour tuition was low, but there were a ton of per hour/semester fees that really drove up the cost. I'd assume OSU is similar

21 hours ago, newyorkgirl52 said:

What do you mean by fundie woke? Thats a great term lol

Haha so I call her fundie woke because she has made different choices and seems to have some really different views from her regular fundie cohorts, but she is still religious, dresses modestly, etc. For instance, she made a post supporting DACA and talking about how sending people who cross the border back to their home countries only to be murdered is not "pro-life," being pro-life means more than being pro-birth, etc. She's also posted about feminism in a positive way. She attends law school, and not a fundie school with no accreditation and not even just a school in a more rural area of the South where she might be more comfortable... She goes to law school in NYC. That's a bigger leap than I could've made myself to bring, just because I'm kind of a weenie and comfortable in my bubble. I'm impressed by someone who runs in the same crowds as the Duggars and yet chooses to push herself out of her comfort zone, expose herself to new views, and approach opposing views in a mature way. And she posts about having internships with like normal places, it doesn't seem like she's trying to get a law degree just to work for something like Family Resources Council. 

It's different to me from "fundie lite" because fundie lite to me is like, ok so you're not out here popping out 20 kids but when you're fundie lite you're pushing the envelope by wearing shorts, cutting your hair, only having 3 kids, and listening to secular music. Lol. 

I think Derick had some sort of scholarship, I remember (hopefully correctly) on the show him talking (to Jim Bob?) about how he couldn't muck around and change his major because his scholarship wouldn't cover it if he took longer to graduate.

26 minutes ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

Haha so I call her fundie woke because she has made different choices and seems to have some really different views from her regular fundie cohorts, but she is still religious, dresses modestly, etc. For instance, she made a post supporting DACA and talking about how sending people who cross the border back to their home countries only to be murdered is not "pro-life," being pro-life means more than being pro-birth, etc. She's also posted about feminism in a positive way. She attends law school, and not a fundie school with no accreditation and not even just a school in a more rural area of the South where she might be more comfortable... She goes to law school in NYC. That's a bigger leap than I could've made myself to bring, just because I'm kind of a weenie and comfortable in my bubble. I'm impressed by someone who runs in the same crowds as the Duggars and yet chooses to push herself out of her comfort zone, expose herself to new views, and approach opposing views in a mature way. And she posts about having internships with like normal places, it doesn't seem like she's trying to get a law degree just to work for something like Family Resources Council. 

It's different to me from "fundie lite" because fundie lite to me is like, ok so you're not out here popping out 20 kids but when you're fundie lite you're pushing the envelope by wearing shorts, cutting your hair, only having 3 kids, and listening to secular music. Lol. 

Got it! Has she made posts about modesty? Just curious because I didn't see anything...

I looked at her Linkedin and she has some impressive stuff. She worked at a large firm and did other prestigious work from what I can tell...so she's definitely doing real work...not like Derick will be.

I've followed her on insta for awhile now and have always been impressed by how she seems to "live and let live." I wish the others would follow. 

He may not be aiming for a large firm anyway. He could become a real estate lawyer -- given the Duggar interest in buying properties, he could perhaps make a decent sort of living just handling stuff like that for his extended family. There are a few lawyers around here who make a great living working with developers -- they are on the zoning board circuit for quite a few towns around here. 

I went to the university of Oklahoma at close to the same time and the per hour tuition was low, but there were a ton of per hour/semester fees that really drove up the cost. I'd assume OSU is similar

I actually counted the fees that he would have had for the most part using the fact book that is available for his years. I also calculated his living on campus and meal plan like he was a freshmen for each year.

Since he was under the business department I used the $7.50 per credit hour fee plus the $9.00 per credit fee. I calculated it as if all 12 or 15 credits he would be take as being just business courses. The only year I left them out was the first year because the fact book didn't provide if they were in place at that point.

Some of the other things I left out on coming up with the numbers was the fees attached to clubs. I also left out if he did things like living off campus, going out to eat or the bars, and more of a social life aspect. One of the things I did not factor in was that he did not have a car when he was living there. There are other variables likely left out but cost is still relatively low from my perspective.

omfg Jill put down the camera and pick up your baby who clearly does not want to be there. 

@ViolaSebastian I was just coming here to post this and comment on it.

He is completely checked out as to the needs and wants of his kids.  The fact that Jill stood there and filmed it and chose not to release the little one from his misery says a lot.

This man is clueless.  I feel for the kids. (Of course, this *could* be just one awkward moment captured forever, but we have seen OfJill being similarly clueless in other situations involving kids, a suit and a PPT presentation ....)

1 minute ago, MarblesMom said:

@ViolaSebastian I was just coming here to post this and comment on it.

He is completely checked out as to the needs and wants of his kids.  The fact that Jill stood there and filmed it and chose not to release the little one from his misery says a lot.

This man is clueless.  I feel for the kids. (Of course, this *could* be just one awkward moment captured forever, but we have seen OfJill being similarly clueless in other situations involving kids, a suit and a PPT presentation ....)

I can't get over how painful that was to watch. Holy crap, if you hold your toddler in a vice grip, you're doing it wrong.

What the actual fuck? That's borderline fucking ABUSE. That baby wants DOWN and there's no fucking reason in the whole fucking world to make him stay in that chair listening to some stupid-ass-wanna-be-bestpapaever read a fucking stupid book.

Goddamn. I am so fucking pissed.

perfect analogy.  does that make Jill Lydia. I guess in a way it does she had to race Jessa to the alter to be the first sister married. hmm Very Lydia Bennet 

Biggest difference though, Wickham was charming.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived