IGNORED

Mrs. Jill Duggar-Dillard (Derick) 61: Now Showing Shoulders

Georgiana

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

well in a short clip Jill posted of Josiah's wedding reception and then promptly deleted Sam was asleep in a car seat beside her. 

To be fair though - you need to put a napping baby / toddler somewhere. And strollers can be a PITA at a crowded venue like that.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

The only way Trump gets a second term is if Putin helps him steal the election (again), which I do agree is a possibility.  It will not be because he legitimately gets more votes than his opponent (because he did not the first time around).  The tariffs and trade wars have screwed over middle America and I think they are having buyer's remorse.  You know those workers who lost their Harley Davidson jobs aren't pleased with Trump.  He will always have his base of deplorables, but we vastly outnumber them.  The key is getting out the vote and getting rid of the traitors already embedded in the system.  

Unfortunately the numbers I've seen don't support this.  Most republicans are still behind him.  The world we live in is a very different one than I thought.  

2 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

Unfortunately the numbers I've seen don't support this.  Most republicans are still behind him.  The world we live in is a very different one than I thought.  

Agreed. I think he'd win again if the election were held today.  :my_sick: So many people support him no matter what and so many others just don't care enough to vote.  It is incredible, but here we are . . .

I get the feeling if Mr. Jill does go to (and finish) law school, his next several years will be spent filing frivolous and/or controversial lawsuits one after another - with as much fanfare as possible to get his name out there. I am starting to suspect he married Jill to be on TV/famous, and now that he's screwed that up he's looking for another path to get there. Being obnoxious on social media is just the beginning for him!

16 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

It will not be because he legitimately gets more votes than his opponent (because he did not the first time around).

And that's the problem... you can legitimately win an election (speaking generally, not in specific Russian-influenced elections) while losing the popular vote. There are arguments for and against, but I think I agree with 2012 Trump.

(And while I tend to agree, it made no sense to be posting that as a reaction to Obama winning the election since Obama easily won both the popular vote and the electoral college!)

If Trump does win a second term, I'll definitely be emigrating to another country.

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming - sorry for the thread drift :)

26 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

If the republicans keep the majority in November then then it is over, America as we know it is over, and I think thousands if not millions of Americans will be seeking political asylum in other countries.

Think I'm being dramatic? I'm not. Shit is THAT real!

3 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

If the republicans keep the majority in November then then it is over, America as we know it is over, and I think thousands if not millions of Americans will be seeking political asylum in other countries.

Think I'm being dramatic? I'm not. Shit is THAT real!

Of course its not that easy to get political asylum, but people never think about that until they try.

1 minute ago, justoneoftwo said:

Of course its not that easy to get political asylum, but people never think about that until they try.

I'm not saying I'd be seeking political asylum.  

2 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I get the feeling if Mr. Jill does go to (and finish) law school, his next several years will be spent filing frivolous and/or controversial lawsuits one after another - with as much fanfare as possible to get his name out there. I am starting to suspect he married Jill to be on TV/famous, and now that he's screwed that up he's looking for another path to get there. Being obnoxious on social media is just the beginning for him!

I think you will end up being right about this. 

7 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

How do we have proof of this?

Derrick wasn’t following LSAT prep accounts until last winter. He would have had to have an application sent out in the fall to be accepted therefore I doubt he’s going this fall. Right???

No, he definitely would have time. Law schools generally work on a rolling admissions basis, and while it may be more difficult to be accepted later in the game and you'll probably get less scholarship money if you apply super late, you can definitely be accepted.

6 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Here's the big question: IF Derick is attending law school (big IF there), will he do it debt free like he promised Jim Bob he would before he married Jill?

Because I don't really see how he could swing it without student loans.  Hopefully no one gave him a scholarship, they don't seem to have much left from their "volunteer" days at TLC, Cro$$ Church can't be paying him THAT much, and Jill doesn't work (obviously).  

So how is Derick going to afford to support his family (now with housing since their current place is part of the Cross Church program) without student loans?  

IF Derick is going to law school, I think it's a terrible idea.  The man shows no follow through.  He changes paths at the drop of a hat.  It feels like he will be one of those people to get through a year or so of law school, then move on to something else.  Kinda like his Cross Church Missionary program thing.  

Above quote is from @Georgiana, sorry, not sure how to properly format when editing a post but figured I'd respond to this one too since I recently graduated from law school and am familiar with the process :)

When you factor in living expenses and the fact that he will likely have to forego paid employment at least for the first year... And it's not like Jill is going to start working outside the home... I don't see how they can do it debt free unless the Duggar family or Grandma Dillard is footing the bill. Granted, if Derrick did very well on his LSAT he could probably get a generous scholarship (and in my experience almost no one except for people who transfer midway through school pay full price for law school, so factor in at least some discount off sticker). One state school I got into offered me what was almost a full ride and I was out of state. It's possible he could be going for a pretty low tuition amount and the biggest financial hit will come from him not working... But I mean how much was he really making as a pretend missionary or whatever for the past few years? At least this route technically has a future where he could make money. So maybe generous scholarship + income opportunity in the future gave him a way to sell it to JB. I feel like they wouldn't go into real debt with a loan and one of their families is probably paying.

19 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

What will clingly Jilly do all day while OfJill is in school? Hopefully spend more time with her kids. Let the kids be kids, because I don't think they can be with Derick around.

Also when he does internships. She won't be able to hang around wherever he works, and he probably won't have the freedom to meet his wife for lunch every single day. 

That is, if he can even get an internship. Do you think he realizes companies google potential employees?

9 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

Whats so eye rolling about that?  We love you and your fun?  Have a good year?  That seems like a good message.

all the freaking exclamation points and the having to name all of  his names. Daddy/Pops/Peepaw. (Which made me want to giggle uncontrollably BTW) she wrote all of two lines and gave it it's own blog post it was major overkill. 

What I haven't seen discussed is that Derrick is going (ostensibly) to a brick and mortar real law school. If he wanted to keep half-assing his way through life, the obvious solution would be to join Bil Gothard's non-ABA distance learning law school, Oak Brook. He wouldn't have to attend classes all day, he could work :evil-laugh: and it's cheap. Many non profit organizations wouldn't care that he was only bar certified in Cali. Is there some loyalty to ATI gone amiss here? Questions abound.

1 minute ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

What I haven't seen discussed is that Derrick is going (ostensibly) to a brick and mortar real law school. If he wanted to keep half-assing his way through life, the obvious solution would be to join Bil Gothard's non-ABA distance learning law school, Oak Brook. He wouldn't have to attend classes all day, he could work :evil-laugh: and it's cheap. Many non profit organizations wouldn't care that he was only bar certified in Cali. Is there some loyalty to ATI gone amiss here? Questions abound.

I actually wonder if he might be turning into a regular hateful person, instead of a fundie one.  This is real education.  He might want the same for his kids.  He is out in the world more, as is Jill.  These could be steps to being not a fundie, just a jerk.  (Not saying thats all that much better, but still it would be interesting). 

3 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

To be fair though - you need to put a napping baby / toddler somewhere. And strollers can be a PITA at a crowded venue like that.

Right, and if he fell asleep in his car seat, it's probably easier to get him to stay asleep there then try to transfer him...especially to some place unfamiliar.  My niece slept in her car seat a lot when I would watch her as an infant, not because I wanted her in there, but because I knew she'd wake up and refuse to go back down if I tried to take her out.  

31 minutes ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

No, he definitely would have time. Law schools generally work on a rolling admissions basis, and while it may be more difficult to be accepted later in the game and you'll probably get less scholarship money if you apply super late, you can definitely be accepted.

Above quote is from @Georgiana, sorry, not sure how to properly format when editing a post but figured I'd respond to this one too since I recently graduated from law school and am familiar with the process :)

When you factor in living expenses and the fact that he will likely have to forego paid employment at least for the first year... And it's not like Jill is going to start working outside the home... I don't see how they can do it debt free unless the Duggar family or Grandma Dillard is footing the bill. Granted, if Derrick did very well on his LSAT he could probably get a generous scholarship (and in my experience almost no one except for people who transfer midway through school pay full price for law school, so factor in at least some discount off sticker). One state school I got into offered me what was almost a full ride and I was out of state. It's possible he could be going for a pretty low tuition amount and the biggest financial hit will come from him not working... But I mean how much was he really making as a pretend missionary or whatever for the past few years? At least this route technically has a future where he could make money. So maybe generous scholarship + income opportunity in the future gave him a way to sell it to JB. I feel like they wouldn't go into real debt with a loan and one of their families is probably paying.

You quoted successfully!  And thank you for your response!

I think from the Dill's previous twitter meltdown we can somewhat surmise that there either never was as much TLC money as people thought OR it's running thin.  Derick's previous tone was not the tone of a person who has ample financial wiggle room.  I don't think they have enough set aside to cover living expenses during law school for a family of 4, so unless someone is stepping in to pay...he'd have to get loans.  Or work.  Who knows, maybe there's some new "Cross Church Jesus Law" program that Derick can be the mascot for.  

And that's really why I think this is an idiotic idea.  Derick already has ONE degree he doesn't use, and he's changed careers fairly frequently since graduating college.  He doesn't seem to have any sort of solid direction, and without that, law school might be just some fun new idea that he walks away from when it gets less fun.  That does seem to be his MO: quit when there's a HINT of friction.  But that doesn't discharge loans.  So essentially, if he does go to law school, I would wager that it will just be a very expensive waste of time that Derick walks away from with nothing to show for it in the end except debt.    

2 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

all the freaking exclamation points and the having to name all her his names. Daddy/Pops/Peepaw. (Which made me want to giggle uncontrollably BTW) she wrote all of two lines and gave it it's own blog post it was major overkill. 

Peepaw is a regional name for grandpa, and you don't always choose what your kids call your parents anyway.  Just ask my mom, who wanted to go by Grammy or Nana, but ended up with "Ama" because "Nana" means "Moana".  Pops might be what JB gets called by other family members.  

I mean, it's your typical Jill blog post where it somehow sucks all the enjoyment out of a room despite on it's surface being a completely normal post (seriously, HOW is any human being THIS incredibly unappealing on social media??  I don't get it!), but it's pretty normal. 

I think Jill's realized how poorly she comes off online and is trying to compensate, but unfortunately she's overcompensated so it's even worse...even in short posts.  I actually feel bad for her.  Hun, we aren't all internet mommy mavens like your sister.  You are NEVER going to be Jessa, and that's OK, because most of us aren't cut out to be public insta-mommies.  Just be yourself, and your genuineness will make the awkward more palatable.  

5 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

You quoted successfully!  And thank you for your response!

I think from the Dill's previous twitter meltdown we can somewhat surmise that there either never was as much TLC money as people thought OR it's running thin.  Derick's previous tone was not the tone of a person who has ample financial wiggle room.  I don't think they have enough set aside to cover living expenses during law school for a family of 4, so unless someone is stepping in to pay...he'd have to get loans.  Or work.  Who knows, maybe there's some new "Cross Church Jesus Law" program that Derick can be the mascot for.  

And that's really why I think this is an idiotic idea.  Derick already has ONE degree he doesn't use, and he's changed careers fairly frequently since graduating college.  He doesn't seem to have any sort of solid direction, and without that, law school might be just some fun new idea that he walks away from when it gets less fun.  That does seem to be his MO: quit when there's a HINT of friction.  But that doesn't discharge loans.  So essentially, if he does go to law school, I would wager that it will just be a very expensive waste of time that Derick walks away from with nothing to show for it in the end except debt.    

I imagine leaving the country didn't help them financially. sure they were on the show still but not as often which would mean less money. add on top of that two giant hospital bills  the fact that they haven't been on the show in awhile because Derick fucked them and I bet Jim Bob is now carrying them along with Josh and Anna. 

1 minute ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I imagine leaving the country didn't help them financially. sure they were on the show still but not as often which would mean less money. add on top of that two giant hospital bills  the fact that they haven't been on the show in awhile because Derick fucked them and I bet Jim Bob is now carrying them along with Josh and Anna. 

Things have REALLY not gone according to plan for the Dillards, and fundies NEVER budget for "just in case" or "in case of emergency".  They budget for the happy path and trust God to keep them on that happy path.  

I would agree that they are probably getting help from either JB and M or Cathy.  I actually think Cathy might be the more likely candidate since Derick didn't publicly try to throw her under the bus and destroy her brand AND Cathy has fewer children to jockey for space at the financial teat.  Plus she aggressively supports Derick in all things.  

Something interesting to note about the Dills is that they are, I believe, the only Duggars over 24 to have never owned real property, which I believe says A LOT about their finances.  Real estate investing is stressed in the Duggar family (for obvious reasons), so for a Duggar couple to have never even been GIVEN the title to a property by the family like Jessa (and Josh at one point?)...I think that says something about their own family's thoughts on their ability to manage assets.    

14 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Things have REALLY not gone according to plan for the Dillards, and fundies NEVER budget for "just in case" or "in case of emergency".  They budget for the happy path and trust God to keep them on that happy path.  

I would agree that they are probably getting help from either JB and M or Cathy.  I actually think Cathy might be the more likely candidate since Derick didn't publicly try to throw her under the bus and destroy her brand AND Cathy has fewer children to jockey for space at the financial teat.  Plus she aggressively supports Derick in all things.  

Something interesting to note about the Dills is that they are, I believe, the only Duggars over 24 to have never owned real property, which I believe says A LOT about their finances.  Real estate investing is stressed in the Duggar family (for obvious reasons), so for a Duggar couple to have never even been GIVEN the title to a property by the family like Jessa (and Josh at one point?)...I think that says something about their own family's thoughts on their ability to manage assets.    

Josh and Anna bought the property they currently live in, though it was transferred over to some sort of trust as a way to protect their assets if Josh were ever sued for being a cheating moron. That’s the only property they’ve ever owned as far as I know. Grandma Mary owned the house they started out in (which Benessa now owns) and they rented the house they lived in when Smuggar worked in DC. So I don’t think they ever were gifted a house the way Benessa appear to have been. 

Interesting point about Jill and Mr Jill not owning real estate.   If you were Jim Bob or Grandma Mary would you give a house or sell at a low family price to Derick?  The next time he wanted to do a mission grift he would sell it out from under Jill and the boys.

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Interesting point about Jill and Mr Jill not owning real estate.   If you were Jim Bob or Grandma Mary would you give a house or sell at a low family price to Derick?  The next time he wanted to do a mission grift he would sell it out from under Jill and the boys.

I just know I'm going to laugh hystiacally if they're forced to move back to TTH well Derick plays student. Also does anyone have any clue where Siren lives well we're on the topic of Duggar offspring lodging. 

No idea where SiRen are living. Hadn't even crossed my mind. Maybe they're in Joystin's old RV? lol

On 7/17/2018 at 9:39 PM, TheMustardCardigan said:

@Ms. Brightside one person I can think of who is in the Duggars' sphere who is in law school is a girl named Krista, she's friends with some of the Duggar girls. I've seen posts where she helped with prep for Joy's wedding and attended some sort of party of Jessa's (baby's birthday party or a baby shower maybe). She goes to law school in NY and is really interesting to me because she is kinda what I'd call "fundie woke." Like she's more open minded than we typically see from this crowd and holds some surprisingly progressive views.

That being said I went to law school with someone kind of like Derrick (big Roy Moore advocate, that should give you an idea of what this guy was like, and kind of a religious nut). Law school didn't seem to crush the idiocy out of him.... There are some people no one can talk sense into.

I think law school will be tough for Derrick but not impossible. He'll probably find some like minded people there (there's always a few).  If he survives the first year without quitting I think he'll see it through. Now, as for what kind of job he'd end up with... He probably wants some nonsense in DC with some horrible group like Joshley, only in an attorney capacity. But will Jill want to relocate? If he has to stay in small town Arkansas it will be difficult for him to find a job. Maybe this is just a setup for a segue into Arkansas state politics though.

What do you mean by fundie woke? Thats a great term lol

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived