IGNORED

Mrs. Jill Duggar-Dillard (Derick) 61: Now Showing Shoulders

Georgiana

@VelociRapture at least on the alarm clock I have (and I know there are approximately 50,000 different kinds) the little light that’s on next to the time signals that’s it’s AM and not PM. Theirs could be opposite for sure but I’m thinking that it was 1AM. 

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Are we sure it’s after midnight and not after noon? Did they specifically say it was nighttime?  

Yes,  they said bedtime.  I did consider if perhaps the whole thing was staged  (a la reality TV) and filmed mid-day pretending it was bedtime but the clock I believe is a Jensen Alarm/CD player available on Amazon.  The PM light that is not illuminated is in the top left if I am not mistaken.  So this is 12:56 AM.

PS I always get confused if 12 PM is midnight or noon,  more then once  friends have invited me to meet up at 12:30 PM and I have said, thanks but no thanks, y'all  I am too old for that shit.

It's painful to watch that video.  I kept wanting to pick Sam up and let Israel have his bedtime story, even if it wasn't one he picked for himself.  Do they really want Sam to enjoy books at bedtime?  Get him one of those baby books he can put in his mouth.  You know, the kind with simple pictures of baby animals on laminated pages that small hands can practice turning back and forth.   Practice simple object recognition (Where is the puppy?) and motor skills (Turn the page).

But this isn't about what Sam or Israel need, it's about what Jill needs to feel good about the father of her children.   

32 minutes ago, Cat Damon said:

the alarm clock I have (and I know there are approximately 50,000 different kinds) the little light that’s on next to the time signals that’s it’s AM and not PM.

My alarm clock has the light. I don't know if it indicates AM or PM because I only use it to tell time in the middle of the night. My phone is my alarm clock.

And the thing is - just because the light indicates AM (or PM), it doesn't mean it's set correctly. This is why my phone (and our atomic clock) are set to 24-hour time. Makes so much more sense. No need for a stinkin' light. haha

Israel and Sam need parents who are interested in them as human beings. Jill is used to being one of a herd but Derick doesn't have that excuse. Be interested in your fucking children. It's not that hard. 

Here is the one I think it is.  If not this exact one,  a similar model from the same brand, so it's definitely AM.  It's $27 on Amazon, maybe she used her (excuse me Izzy's) Tuttle twins $50 gift card from that social media contest debacle,    I imagine they use it as a white noise machine. 

1962918411_Screenshot(5).png.412dcb6888a801f8a1c1d5b62b0c7e0a.png

So if 12:56 AM is after lunch, it’s just their mid-day nap? What’s the big deal about that? I feel like I’m missing something. 

It's not like either have jobs to get up for in the morning so it wouldn't shock me if it was midnight. 

Just now, Chewing Gum said:

So if 12:56 AM is after lunch, it’s just their mid-day nap? What’s the big deal about that? I feel like I’m missing something. 

AM is midnight. It would be 56 minutes after midnight. 

People are saying the video was taken at 12:56 AM - there were a few posters confusing AM and PM. 

12 a.m. is after midnight. 12 p.m. is after lunch.

3 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

12 a.m. is after midnight. 12 p.m. is after lunch.

Also at the end of the video when Izzy is asking to read the green book Derrick says "not tonight" so it is almost 1 am when they are putting their kids to sleep.......

29 minutes ago, Fjrocks said:

Here is the one I think it is.  If not this exact one,  a similar model from the same brand, so it's definitely AM.  It's $27 on Amazon, maybe she used her (excuse me Izzy's) Tuttle twins $50 gift card from that social media contest debacle,    I imagine they use it as a white noise machine. 

1962918411_Screenshot(5).png.412dcb6888a801f8a1c1d5b62b0c7e0a.png

3C0D7075-7308-45D5-A8C6-CB811784C443.thumb.png.3602ff9476110c64dd80e12994e3c2ce.png

The light in that model is for PM, not AM. If it’s the same model that the Dills own then there are two possible scenarios:

1. It was afternoon, not night.

2. They didn’t bother setting the clock to the right time. We use an alarm clock radio for our dog (because white noise) and we don’t bother setting the correct time on it because either the dog or the toddler (mainly the toddler) is bound to knock it over and mess it up at some point. If they’re just using it for white noise than that could be a very plausible explanation.

So yeah. That screenshot from the video doesn’t necessarily mean anything. If one of the Dills specifically stated what time it was then that’s another matter. 

ETA: I found the one you mentioned. I took a zoomed in screenshot of that and, again, the light indicates “PM” not “AM.”

Spoiler

735B35E3-CA26-4D0E-B79C-A18CB56D3D0F.thumb.png.dcd2de28da0f9551add92a0c2084191c.png

1 minute ago, BunnyBee said:

Also at the end of the video when Izzy is asking to read the green book Derrick says "not tonight" so it is almost 1 am when they are putting their kids to sleep.......

No wonder Izzy looks exhausted all the time. Yeah, I know, there are people who say they went to bed at 1 a.m. as a kid and they were fine. Great. But do the Dillards stick to a regular bedtime? Are they consistently putting the boys to bed at 1 a.m., or is it sometimes 11 p.m., sometimes 2 a.m., etc.? And are they letting them sleep till 11 a.m.? Something tells me they're not. 

12 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

No wonder Izzy looks exhausted all the time. Yeah, I know, there are people who say they went to bed at 1 a.m. as a kid and they were fine. Great. But do the Dillards stick to a regular bedtime? Are they consistently putting the boys to bed at 1 a.m., or is it sometimes 11 p.m., sometimes 2 a.m., etc.? And are they letting them sleep till 11 a.m.? Something tells me they're not. 

That would be my concern with a later bedtime- how late do they sleep in? Kids that young should be getting 10-12 hours of nighttime sleep. Do they really let them sleep in until noon? Are they even able to sleep in that late- for most kids that young their natural clocks will wake them up earlier in the morning no matter what time they went to bed. My 5 month old goes to bed between 6:30-7pm and wakes up about that same time frame in the AM so a bedtime of 1am is just crazy to me.

Another theory is that at some point the alarm clock got unplugged and when it was plugged back in they didn't bother to reset the time.  Currently my alarm clock says some random time for this same reason.  I use the alarm clock only for the USB charger to plug my phone in and that is my where my alarm is set.  Hopefully that's the case and they aren't up after midnight reading stories and filming it. 

17 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

We have a stereo downstairs with a clock that has the wrong time. There was a power outage and since we never pay attention to that as a clock, no one reset it. As @VelociRapture said above, that clock is not necessarily the correct time. 

My friend who is a SAHM with seven kids (they are Methodists; they just like kids) and homeschools (she is a certified elementary teacher who also holds a degree in music education and one in piano pedagogy and her dad is a retired math teacher who handles upper level math for them) never put her littlest ones to bed until 9 so that they wouldn't be up at the crack of dawn. Not such a bad idea. Relative of mine put hers to bed at 6 p.m. as late as ages 8 and 10 then moaned and groaned constantly about them getting her up at 3 or 4 in the morning. Putting them to bed later never occurred to her. Of course, I suspect she wanted to avoid dealing with them, too. 

Those poor boys! Once again, I just want to borrow them and read to them, using voices. I want them to love reading. I'd also love to take them to age appropriate story times at the library.

10 hours ago, artdecades said:

then, at the end, Izzy says he wants another story, and Dericks lazy ass says no. Who does that? Wanting to be read to and wanting to spend quality time with your father should be encouraged in a child that age. Its not like Derick has a job that he is so tired from or other things to do. And his lazy ass doesn't get up from the chair and tells Izzy to put the book away.

I do that.  I'll tell my 2 year old he can have 3 books, and then put a hard stop at like 6, or if its really late.  I can't really snark too much on that one.

I'm a big fan of getting kids into a routine. Not like a Maxwell routine, but at least enough of a routine to know that dinner is usually at a certain time, as is bedtime and bathtime and whatnot. Scheduling allows for some discipline, and it can help calm children who are more naturally high strung, as well as prepare them for the "real world." I've seen what happens when kids don't have any routine (my aunt and uncle allow their kids to do whatever whenever), and it has created impossible to predict children who refuse to do things like wear shoes to the grocery store or go to bed at a sleepover. If Jill is putting her kids to bed at one in the morning, this is concerning as there may not be a set schedule, and also she's messing up her kid's circadian rhythms by having them sleep all day. 

53 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

ETA: I found the one you mentioned. I took a zoomed in screenshot of that and, again, the light indicates “PM” not “AM.”

Right and in the Dillard’s video the AM/PM light is OFF. The light that is on in their video is the one on the top right, the “Repeat” light. 

The photo where the  PM light is ON is the stock picture from Amazon. 

13 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

What. The. Fuck. 

Why are we time shifting night time?  That video wasnt even good...  Dwreck's feet... eewwwww

Yes, the clock could be wrong. I hope it is. These are the Dillards we’re talking about here, though... I don’t have a ton of faith in their parenting choices. Weirdly enough. :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, Drala said:

It's painful to watch that video.  I kept wanting to pick Sam up and let Israel have his bedtime story, even if it wasn't one he picked for himself.  Do they really want Sam to enjoy books at bedtime?  Get him one of those baby books he can put in his mouth.  You know, the kind with simple pictures of baby animals on laminated pages that small hands can practice turning back and forth.   Practice simple object recognition (Where is the puppy?) and motor skills (Turn the page).

But this isn't about what Sam or Israel need, it's about what Jill needs to feel good about the father of her children.   

I think you've nailed it--that book is way above what Sam can tolerate/understand at his age. Nothing wrong with having one, longer and more complex story for "family reading" time, but there's no way that a one-year-old can focus that long and understand what's going on. If they choose to go that route, they gotta be prepared to let a toddler be a toddler. For growing up with a bazillion siblings, Jill has an awful sense of appropriate child development.

13 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

These two dumb asses.  Well on the way to ruining any joy their boys might get from reading.  

I know. Not just Sam's distress is upsetting, but why can't Izzy have some nice, quiet story time with his dad? 

God, I think their houses are always so damn filled with noise and distractions. No wonder these kids never attain anything in terms of their careers or education as adults. They have zero ability to focus or deal with quiet and were given no chances as kids to daydream or reflect. Everything in their lives has always been just externally focused frantic chaos.

And of course Derick is just reading as fast as possible in a complete monotone. I don't know why, but this video in particular really makes me loathe Jill and Derick. Poor Izzy is being robbed of so much that is so important in the early years. 

I am also beginning to think Jill is even dumber than I ever thought. Like, "something may be wrong" levels of dumb.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived