IGNORED

John David is courting Abbie Grace Burnett

VBOY9977

John seems like the kind of guy that enjoys being single very much, but one day decides he's ready to get married and very quickly meets a girl and gets married quickly. I've seen it many times, and it often works out. 

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lurked the Burnetts blog about a year ago, right before they shut it down. I think I even posted that Abby was a contender for John-David in a fundie dream matchmaking thread. I always liked her, so I’m in dangerous pet fundie territory. 

I could swear there was a picture with the Burnetts and Duggars eating at an outdoor table at what looked like a fast food place. Am I imagining this? Does anyone else remember this? 

Once they get married they don’t have a choice but to make it work or be miserable.Not like they can decide it’s not working and amicably divorce. 

I really like that he said that they fell in love. So normal! You fall in love, yes! Congratulations to them. 

2 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

John seems like the kind of guy that enjoys being single very much, but one day decides he's ready to get married and very quickly meets a girl and gets married quickly. I've seen it many times, and it often works out. 

Yup. It's good that he took his time. And as someone has mentioned before in this thread (cant remember the username, sorry!), quicker relationships when your older aren't that bad. Of course the Duggar pace is still a bit, well, a bit too much, but putting it in their perspective...

My godmother got engaged to her husband within 3 months of meeting each other, got married within a year and now have a bubbly six year old together. They met in their mid 30s, so it didn't shock me at all. Although some people were pretty judgemental and sour as he was a divorced man with kids. But nah. Those two are freaking perfect for each other.

I don’t feel sad for Jana. I think she might have felt obligated to stay as long as John-David was still at home, because she didn’t want to ditch him and leave him as the only real adult in the house. John-David leaving might be what she needed to feel ready to leave. 

I feel a little sad for Josiah. John-David just stole his thunder. Not intentionally, but still, poor Josiah, he never gets any thunder.

My heart is so happy for JD. I think the video clearly shows how smitten he is and I’m really rooting for them! I think she gets his sense of humor and I feel like she’s more independent than the regular fundie wife. I’ve got good feelings about this one y’all 

17 minutes ago, Alysabeth said:

243B96AA-7A13-4A02-AD48-D9ECBAEE7AFF.thumb.png.db1845c391d33ea5903b4219223a3207.png

Must be official, they now have their own Instagram page! 

He mentioned "bachelor til the rapture." Finally, a fundie who understands how call-back humor works!

4 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

I'd like to point out that we've been fooled before *cough* Derek *Cough cough*

I agree with you. But I do have more hope for these two. Hospital births and no quitting perfectly good jobs. High hopes I tell you!

2 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I feel a little sad for Josiah. John-David just stole his thunder. Not intentionally, but still, poor Josiah, he never gets any thunder.

Nah, Josiah's wedding is (probably) on Saturday. If anything it'll steal the thunder of John's courtship announcement. Everyone will be focused on the couple getting married, Lauren's dress, where they're going on their honeymoon, etc. And then the inevitable baby watch will begin. Interestingly enough, if Josiah and Lauren follow the trend, they may very well be announcing their first pregnancy right around the time John's getting engaged, and maybe announcing the jinder around the time he gets married. If anything they're just trading thunder!

I'm in shock! Abbie got herself the best duggar.. By fundie standards she's lucky.

2 minutes ago, Sis Robto said:

I agree with you. But I do have more hope for these two. Hospital births and no quitting perfectly good jobs. High hopes I tell you!

Yeah, I imagine a licensed nurse would be pro hospital, lol. But if not, she probably knows to use a real midwife for a home birth.

My fundie husband has found another wife to be :tw_bawling:

Count me in as cautiously optimistic for them. Yes Derick is a major fail but so far he's the only stand out imo. Plus with these two JD will be the headship anyway I'm not expecting Abbie to come in and shake up his life and lead him out of fundieland.  It is nice to see that JD picked somone close in age, with some education and work experience to boot! After the the last two, very soon to be three, Duggar weddings have included teenage brides, its a nice change. 

Have to add my props to all the super sleuths on here! 

Now what countries are left for the inevitable TLC paid and filmed honeymoon for these two to go on? 

As for Jana I truly hope she is "still" single by her own choice, regardless this will probably cause producers and folks she knows to amp up the questions to her on when she's going to get married so I feel for her on that.

10 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I don’t feel sad for Jana. I think she might have felt obligated to stay as long as John-David was still at home, because she didn’t want to ditch him and leave him as the only real adult in the house. John-David leaving might be what she needed to feel ready to leave. 

I always thought the opposite, that JD was staying put FOR Jana. My prediction is we will hear an announcement from her post Josiahs wedding 

11 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Yeah, but they really did need to publicly announce before the wedding, because she's probably going to be sitting with the family.  The Speculation Bus would be careening out of control, so best to get out in front of it and get the jump on the tabloids for that US Rag exclusive.  They did a good job of keeping this one quiet.  

I'm impressed they got "johnandabbie" as a username! Those are both common names so there have to be a lot of "John and Abbie" couples out there. I guess non-fundies don't usually have to share an account, though. :pb_lol:

2 minutes ago, bella8050 said:

Now what countries are left for the inevitable TLC paid and filmed honeymoon for these two to go on? 

I actually predict a simple honeymoon--maybe in the US (rocky mountains?) --and maybe TLC won't film it at all. Maybe filming Josiah's honeymoon will be enough?

My wedding prediction: JD and Abbie will fly away from the reception in his plane.

29 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

lmao at the caption

C0151351-3721-42B2-A220-2F92DE7AA9B8.thumb.jpeg.435e2a24ef2719d15e35d11df6d1f27e.jpeg

also does any one know her birthday?? It’s for my spread sheet

Oh John. That is funny! 

3 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I'm impressed they got "johnandabbie" as a username! Those are both common names so there have to be a lot of "John and Abbie" couples out there. I guess non-fundies don't usually have to share an account, though. :pb_lol:

I keep reading it as John an Dabbie.

I admit they do look cute together. I think the Burnett’s have some natural curl in their hair. So I doubt Abbie has a perm. 

9 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I think "Abbie" is a less common spelling, while "John" can also be spelled multiple ways, so that may account for it. An account called "johnandabby" has existed on instagram since 2013, "johnandabbi" since 2011, and "jonandabbie" since 2014.  Other iterations may exist, but it looks like their *specific* combination was free at just the right time. They may have technically claimed it when they started dating just in case, but even still that wasn't all that long ago it doesn't sound.

18 minutes ago, kiwi said:

always thought the opposite, that JD was staying put FOR Jana. My prediction is we will hear an announcement from her post Josiahs wedding

I hope that Jana and Abbie become friends. Wasn't that in an old episode? That she really hoped she would become best friends with JD's future wife?  That would be nice.

52 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

My first thought was Joab, pronounced like Gob from Arrested Development. I patiently read through the entire thread to see if anyone else thought of it.

I was thinking Job as in Bible :)  "Job is a wealthy man living in a land called Uz with his large family and extensive flocks."

quote from SparkNotes

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived