IGNORED

John David is courting Abbie Grace Burnett

VBOY9977

Benjamin, the youngest, turned 18 in January.

It's funny, I was thinking just yesterday that it's odd that the fundamentalists wiki doesn't have the Burnetts. It claims to focus on IBLP fundies yet it doesn't have several major IBLP families on there, such as the Burnetts, Staddons, Neelys or Wilkeses. Well I guess they will be adding the Burnetts after all, now that there's a Duggar connection! 

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her license was issued on 8/7/17. It expires in 2019. I imagine she wouldn’t bother working hard to obtain her nursing license to then not work. She probably has some sort of nursing job. Now how long will she keep working? Who knows.

is this her father?

John Haskell Burnett

Age 59

Lives in Stratford, OK

Used to live in Gallatin, TN, Bethpage, TN, Russellville, AR

Related to Abbie Grace Burnett, Barbara Earlene Burnett, Caleb A

And is this their family?

https://www.oklahomatoday.com/oklahomatoday/MAGAZINE/Features/MJ15_-_Fare_to_Remember_1.html

Peaching to the Choir

It’s a draw when two festivals devoted to one fruit converge on the same summer weekend.

By Nathan Gunter
Published May/June 2015

We’ve got enough ice cream for ten more servings!” John Burnett calls to those in line.

From customers eleven and back, faces fall. Some have traveled more than an hour for a taste of the Burnett family’s legendary homemade peach ice cream. The Stratford Peach Festival officially opened at 9 a.m., but the Burnetts already had sold three of their fifty-six gallons by then. As John makes the announcement, his wife, Cheryl, rushes home to make six more gallons—enough to feed an additional sixty customers.

“Every year, I say I’m not going to go home to make more ice cream,” says Cheryl, “and every year, I do it.”

Some choose to wait. Others head off—more than eighty booths, including one where kids can take a picture with a retired circus bear on a leash, compete for their attention. For hours, people have been lining up in City Park to buy peaches, and they’re going fast. Big signs on U.S. Highway 177 welcome visitors to the “Peach Capital of Oklahoma.”...

------------------------------------------------------------

https://newsok.com/gallery/articleid/5509964/pictures/4348316

John Burnett of Stratford, Okla., adds ice to his ice cream maker powered by a 1929 John Deere hit and miss engine during the Stratford Peach Festival in Stratford, Okla., Saturday, July 16, 2016. Burnett and his family have sold homemade peach ice cream at the festival for the last 11 years. The family's cups of ice cream come with a sticker that reads "Think Jesus", and they give the money they make to support Christian causes. Photo by Nate Billings, The Oklahoman

2 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

is this her father?

John Haskell Burnett

Age 59

Lives in Stratford, OK

Used to live in Gallatin, TN, Bethpage, TN, Russellville, AR

Related to Abbie Grace Burnett, Barbara Earlene Burnett, Caleb A

And is this their family?

https://www.oklahomatoday.com/oklahomatoday/MAGAZINE/Features/MJ15_-_Fare_to_Remember_1.html

Peaching to the Choir

It’s a draw when two festivals devoted to one fruit converge on the same summer weekend.

By Nathan Gunter
Published May/June 2015

We’ve got enough ice cream for ten more servings!” John Burnett calls to those in line.

From customers eleven and back, faces fall. Some have traveled more than an hour for a taste of the Burnett family’s legendary homemade peach ice cream. The Stratford Peach Festival officially opened at 9 a.m., but the Burnetts already had sold three of their fifty-six gallons by then. As John makes the announcement, his wife, Cheryl, rushes home to make six more gallons—enough to feed an additional sixty customers.

“Every year, I say I’m not going to go home to make more ice cream,” says Cheryl, “and every year, I do it.”

Some choose to wait. Others head off—more than eighty booths, including one where kids can take a picture with a retired circus bear on a leash, compete for their attention. For hours, people have been lining up in City Park to buy peaches, and they’re going fast. Big signs on U.S. Highway 177 welcome visitors to the “Peach Capital of Oklahoma.”...

------------------------------------------------------------

https://newsok.com/gallery/articleid/5509964/pictures/4348316

John Burnett of Stratford, Okla., adds ice to his ice cream maker powered by a 1929 John Deere hit and miss engine during the Stratford Peach Festival in Stratford, Okla., Saturday, July 16, 2016. Burnett and his family have sold homemade peach ice cream at the festival for the last 11 years. The family's cups of ice cream come with a sticker that reads "Think Jesus", and they give the money they make to support Christian causes. Photo by Nate Billings, The Oklahoman

Yes, I believe the Burnett parents are John and Cheryl. And I think Clay might be her maiden name and that’s why the oldest son is John Clay. 

Uh oh! Could this possibly signal the return of parking lot sundaes in November?!

Hurray!  They call each other John and Abbie.  This is a marriage of two people who aren't just looking for a way to get out of the house.  

So this might get lost in all of the excitement, but I followed the Burnett's for years (prior to the blog scrub) and can share a few meaty tid bits.

- They do wear pants, as they live on a farm. As someone shared above, they make peach jelly and ice cream for a yearly peach festival. They would blog about it frequently. It seemed to be the highlight of their year and was a whole family effort.

- It appears most pants wearing occasions occurred when they were working in the yard or on hikes, etc. They definitely used common sense with clothing. Though, looking at the recent picture of their daughter (the photographer), my guess is they have come to a point where pants just might be their preferred choice of clothing.

- They are HUGE on family. Many of their posts discussed games nights, camping trips, special dinners, and work projects together.

-They are not a singing/ performance group (such a breathe of fresh air!)

- Their oldest sons John-Clay and Caleb moved out of the house before getting married. They lived together, but I still found the whole thing to be very interesting and very non- ati approved.

- They always posted about the yearly ATI family camp. I get the feeling they were very much involved in the program, but not super strict with all the rules/ made the rules fit into their own family.

- Abbie has been working in nursing for quite some time. During the blog years, I think it mostly talked about her working towards getting her degree, etc. But she was always photographed in scrubs (I never saw a skirt) and with other scrub wearing females. I think it's a legit degree.

- The oldest daughter had children right away and in close succession,  as well as the son's wife (John- Clay I think it is). So maybe the open womb/ leave children to God could be something some or all of the children hold firm to as a belief. I guess time with tell with Abbie and JD.

- They are

I can't help but to be a bit optimistic for these two. John seems like a very good man. I thought the video was sweet and very genuine. John seems happy. 

While I don't expect them to be anything other than fundie or fundie light. I am glad they at least are older, both have work experience and she has a qualification. I can see her working at least part time, Michelle worked with Jim Bob in the early days even after she had the first few kids. If she was a stay at home mum I wouldn't criticise her for either, her choice.

Carrina Burnett has an Instagram with some of her landscape paintings. They are very pretty. It’s public. But she doesn’t post that often. 

13 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Uh oh! Could this possibly signal the return of parking lot sundaes in November?!

I think a homemade ice cream reception would be as good as it good it gets for a Duggar. Please Rufus, let them invest in heat lamps. 

It’s often the bride and her family making a lot of the decisions about the reception. Since the Burnett’s know how to serve a bunch of ice cream in warm weather, I doubt they will have an ice cream debacle at the reception. Unless it’s completely made up for TLC. Let’s hope they stay indoors though.

I think now that JD has found love and and is in a courtship, and most likely going to get married in the next six months, Jana will begin to take some of the guys asking for her serious. I think JD is the only person in that house that Jana respects, including her father and now that JD is leaving she is going to want to hightail it out of there. 

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s often the bride and her family making a lot of the decisions about the reception. Since the Burnett’s know how to serve a bunch of ice cream in warm weather, I doubt they will have an ice cream debacle at the reception. Unless it’s completely made up for TLC. Let’s hope they stay indoors though.

As long as they keep Sierra away from the proceedings they should be good. If they end up with half-melted ice cream sprinkled with shards of broken glass, we'll all know who to blame. 

4 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I think a homemade ice cream reception would be as good as it good it gets for a Duggar. Please Rufus, let them invest in heat lamps. 

I'm just praying for a Santa themed wedding, with howlers dressed as the 8 Reindeer & the lost girls as little elves. 

I don’t know if anyone already said this, but In the video he was more outgoing than usual, and it felt like it was for her benefit and that he was trying hard to help her through that first video. I just felt like he was thoughtful and I appreciated that.

1 minute ago, Kaylo said:

I don’t know if anyone already said this, but In the video he was more outgoing than usual, and it felt like it was for her benefit and that he was trying hard to help her through that first video. I just felt like he was thoughtful and I appreciated that.

I had a good friend in college that was very quiet. Our friend set her up with a guy that was also “quiet.” At their wedding, the best man made a joke that when he first met the bride to be, he was shocked that the groom was no longer the quietest person in the room. Maybe compared to Abbie, JD is the more outgoing one. 

5 minutes ago, Kaylo said:

He seemed really nervous and awkward in that video, but I'm not saying that as a criticism at all. This is literally the first time he's had to do a video like this - he's not used to being the one in the spotlight, courting - he's used to being the snarky bachelor brother/uncle! Other than that, he seemed to look at Abbie with a great deal of genuine warmth and love, which makes me hopeful for them.

2 hours ago, emscm said:

I know it shouldn’t be pronounced this way but I can’t stop saying this name as “Gob” in my head. I approve. 

Hide contents

8E98196E-0265-4D5E-ADC8-206689E136E8.gif

My first thought was Joab, pronounced like Gob from Arrested Development. I patiently read through the entire thread to see if anyone else thought of it.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived