IGNORED

John David is courting Abbie Grace Burnett

VBOY9977

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Her solid fundie cred aside, I wonder if her education helped seal the deal since Carolyn is living with them now?

Whose Carolyn.  Sorry, I must be behind the times.  Boy it will be interesting to see the whole herd go to Oklahoma.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, color me shocked. I am glad she's educated, working outside the home, and also not a teenager... yes, lots of fundie women work outside the home, but none of the Duggar girls have, even before marriage. I am glad she's been exposed to other people/ideas in her education and work, as opposed to living in an echo chamber of fundamentalism until they start popping out babies at 18. It just leads me to believe she's more prepared to make informed decisions about her future. Which is always good.

Still think she's fundie, still think her and JD will maintain many of the gross beliefs the Duggars hold. I just think it's better than seeing a sheltered teenager with no education or experience get married.

9 minutes ago, KeshetParparNesicha said:

Please let Jana be the best maid!

I would (if I were Jana) find that the ultimate slap... :( 

I don't think the duggars would permit a best maid or anything even remotely non gender roles

They look happy and in love, but this seems to have a JB push to it for ratings and to keep “interest in them.”

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Are you from Des Moines? That is the name of a popular local band. :pb_lol: 

And JD rethinking the "bachelor to the rapture", I'm dying. He has wit, a job a work ethic.  I'm wondering of JD is following the courting rules as closely as her parents wish him to? I've always gotten a vibe that he wasn't totally drowning in this particular flavor of Kool -aid,  I don't think he'll run off and be a godless hippie liberal, :pearlclutch:  but I could really see this going main stream conservative fundy lite, where she works and they plan their family. 

Not from Des Moines.  Just a Mel Brooks fan.  :)

I don't know why we have to do couple names at all. :pb_lol: But since they both have double names they could be Abbie David or John Grace.

7 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

FJ sleuths - what was the event in Oklahoma where they got to know each other?

The girl who babysits my kids is a preacher’s daughter. Her family is from Oklahoma and she told me last weekend the Duggars spoke at her dad’s old church recently (like, within the last several weeks). I wondered for a moment if this family goes to that church and maybe the babysitter knows them, and then figured they do the home church thing. No doubt the love birds saw each other on that trip though and maybe that’s when the courtship began. I’m claiming my six degrees of separation. 

ETA: Did a little sleuthing. Speaking engagement was May 6th.

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So will JD propose at Si’s wedding?

Just kidding. I really doubt JD would do that. He seems like the type that would have a pretty and quiet type of setting for a proposal. Like a walk in the woods or a scenic view. 

I totally think that will happen....and I was like NO way....

Spouses and children:

Hannah married Dustin Dornink around April 2013 and they have 3 children (as of the blog shut down)

1. Evan Trust b. June 2014
  2. Ransom b. January 2016
  3. boy b. February/March 2017?

John-Clay married Sarah Ferraro on August 22, 2015 and they have 2 children

1. Eric Steadfast b. Jun 2016
  2. Samuel b. October 2017

Charity married Samuel Wearden on June 10, 2017

Caleb is engaged to Kasey Goodwin, the wedding is July 7, 2018

Fundy women and girls do go to school and work outside the home quite often - their family's financial situation often dictates that they have to - sometimes if they want to eat, and especially if they want to be able to have any kind of wedding.

Most of the Bates women and Whitney seem to have been employed prior to marriage, and Erin, Whitney and Alyssa all seem to have some sort of job even after marriage. Other families we discuss also seem to have working daughters. As for as the Bates being less stringent in their beliefs - Gil is on the Board of Directors of the ILBP. If the Bates women were/are working outside the home, it's probably indicative of a shift in policy an/or culture within that group.

Reality tends to intrude on principles even in high control groups - which are often at a loss as to what to do with women who don't have any immediate marriage prospects out of high school - especially if there aren't a lot of younger children who need full time sister mom's. Families make their own rules or groups shift their interpretation as necessity demands.

26 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Spouses and children:

Hannah married Dustin Dornink around April 2013 and they have 3 children (as of the blog shut down)

1. Evan Trust b. June 2014
  2. Ransom b. January 2016
  3. boy b. February/March 2017?

John-Clay married Sarah Ferraro on August 22, 2015 and they have 2 children

1. Eric Steadfast b. Jun 2016
  2. Samuel b. October 2017

Charity married Samuel Wearden on June 10, 2017

Caleb is engaged to Kasey Goodwin, the wedding is July 7, 2018

Okay, yeah yeah John David is in a courtship...but they named their son (I assume?) Ransom? As in like, the  price you pay to retrieve your kidnapped loved one? WTF? :562479351e8d1_wtf(2):

Finally a fundie courtship I'm "ok" with. Still have a problem with the word, "courtship". Looks like 2 weddings this year for the Duggars.

3 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Okay, yeah yeah John David is in a courtship...but they named their son (I assume?) Ransom? As in like, the  price you pay to retrieve your kidnapped loved one? WTF? :562479351e8d1_wtf(2):

Steadfast?Trust? I never heard of those.It reminds me of Puritan names..lol.I have an ancestor named Temperance...lol.I wonder if she was.

Wow. Not expecting this at all. It seems like the Duggars have some sort of system down. One couple is newlyweds, one is courting, one is engaged. Never a time when there isn’t a wedding or a baby coming up but at the same time spacing it because god forbid Si and JD court at the same time. 

8 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Believe it or not I know a real person with this name. 

ETA- not a friend of a friend or my cousin’s best friend’s brother...  I didn’t read about it on the internet.  I know the actual person. 

WOW

I was scrolling through facebook when I saw. I thought it was going to be Jana. :my_sad:

Good for John David. Glad she's not 19 or 20. LPN is legit. She could become an RN. They both look happy. They're not engaged yet but it looks like they already have a joint instagram account, they'll be engaged shortly after the SiRen wedding. 

I really think Jana will be courting by the end of the year. I don't know if Jana is single by choice or not but I find it strange that none of her married sisters have introduced her to someone a la Jeremy. 

Whoever does the Bachelor party - please please find a way in incorporate JD getting raptured up to the aisle into the party theme.

I keep reading it as "Jo-dabbie" , so my vote is Jabbie. Especially because it's just her name with a J on it to make it Duggar-Official. 

I also think it is important to note there is a big big difference between a wife  having Job you go to for a little extra cash for the family occasionally VS a full time career with room for advancement like teacher in a brick and morter school or Nurse.  The latter is exactly  the opposite  of what is expected or desired  for a wife and/or mother in the Circles that the Burnett’s, Bates and Duggars exist in.  

I have at least two Ransoms in my family tree, along with three Reasons and a Truth.

11 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I have at least two Ransoms in my family tree, along with three Reasons and a Truth.

Better than Truth or Dare. 

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived