IGNORED

John David is courting Abbie Grace Burnett

VBOY9977

2 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Poor Jana I hope she's taking it well. She's losing the only other person in the house that does something.

She's still got Laura. Hopefully Laura doesn't go the way of Tabitha Paine, for her sake and Jana's...

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lizzybee said:

When I saw this, JD was literally my last guess when I clicked on it. I was expecting one of the twins. Happy for him because in that video he seemed about a thousand times happier and more animated than I think I've ever seen him. 

Well, you weren't completely wrong! Just wrong pair of twins. 

If this courtship leads to marriage and Abbie is ok with it, it would be really fun to see pranks by each sibling JD pranked at their own wedding.

Also...sorry FJ-ers...remember when we were super excited about Derick? And Jeremy? I want to be hopeful since JD seems a little different than many of the other stay-at-home-sons and Abbie seems different than Kendra/Lauren/Anna but...they are both still super fundie. Make sure to have ferrets on stand-by in case JD and AG disappoint!

I am ridicoulously excited about this! (Calm down Pecans so you can sleep at nite.) I worked at an in-patient treatment center with an LPN. She had worked for 20 years in lock down psychiatric units. She had plenty of interesting stories to tell! I am happy to see this young lady has some education and job experiencee to her name. 

7 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I don't know, JD was the one who was always doing awful pranks at the weddings. He seems to have grown out of that (or maybe they warned him?) but I could see him having a relapse and parachuting into the reception with Kirk Cameron carrying the ring to propose or something.

I feel like the worst person for hoping this actually happens now. :pb_lol:

2 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

If this courtship leads to marriage and Abbie is ok with it, it would be really fun to see pranks by each sibling JD pranked at their own wedding.

Also...sorry FJ-ers...remember when we were super excited about Derick? And Jeremy? I want to be hopeful since JD seems a little different than many of the other stay-at-home-sons and Abbie seems different than Kendra/Lauren/Anna but...they are both still super fundie. Make sure to have ferrets on stand-by in case JD and AG disappoint!

Yeah, I mean, I'm really glad that she's a nurse, and JD gets off some good one-liners, but these two still seem fundie as all get out to me. They sure talk like fundies in that video, and isn't her family big into ATI as well? I know they wear pants, but most of them do. I definitely get more of a Joe and Kendra vibe (vs. say a Jinger and Jeremy vibe) from them.

1 hour ago, TatertotAsserole said:

Is it time for the rapture? 

Oh shit the rapture can’t happen now because I have nothing new to wear 

1 minute ago, neurogirl said:

Oh I’m sure these two will be fundie and have a bunch of kids. However I do hope they make some positive changes. It would be nice if because she has a higher education than just homeschool, they would allow their children higher education as well. Plus they won’t be relying solely on JB for money. They can be more financially independent. 

I never expect some amazing 180 degree change. But I at least see the potential for small changes that could better the lives of their children. 

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

Yeah, I mean, I'm really glad that she's a nurse, and JD gets off some good one-liners, but these two still seem fundie as all get out to me. They sure talk like fundies in that video, and isn't her family big into ATI as well? I know they wear pants, but most of them do. I definitely get more of a Joe and Kendra vibe (vs. say a Jinger and Jeremy vibe) from them.

what does it mean to talk like fundies?  

I'll admit I'm always most interested in if they say they will leave family planning up to G-d.  

2 minutes ago, aprilx said:

Does anyone have a link to the video clip that works in Europe? 

:)

Did you try following the link in the Duggars' Instagram bio? I'm in Canada and when I tried to follow the link straight to TLC it wouldn't work, but when I went to the Duggars' website it worked. 

http://www.duggarfamily.com/2018/6/new-courtship

Wow - wasn't expecting this!  They seem like a good match and thank goodness she's had some life experience.  JD seems to be very unassuming and nice. Good luck to them. 

And for anyone curious...

The Duggars have 12 children who are 18 or older. Of those 12, 8 are in relationships (6 marriages, 1 engagement, 1 courtship) and 6 either have kids or have one on the way. Grand total of 12 grandchildren thus far. 

The Bates have 10 children who are 18 or older. Of those, 7 are in relationships (5 marriages, 1 engagement, 1 courtship) and 4 either have kids or have one on the way. Grand total of 9 grandchildren thus far.

All the links to videos say 'We're sorry. this site is not available in this region.' I have a feeling it might be GDPR related as lots of international sites haven't been allowing me recently. But yeh if any tech gurus know how to get around the regional blocks us brits/europeans would probably like a nosey at the video :56247958af296_32(20):

1 minute ago, justoneoftwo said:

what does it mean to talk like fundies?

It means they use the same basic phrases and buzzwords that they all tend to use. That in and of itself doesn't mean much - it's just an observation to add to the pile of other observations.

14 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

JD and AG.... May I suggest we dub them J-DAG? 

Sorry if that’s lame I’m not good at this. 

1 minute ago, emscm said:

Jabbie?

1 minute ago, emscm said:

Was just wondering what their "ship name" would be. Jabbie? Idk.

I haven't read the thread yet, but when I saw it at the bottom of the page while reading about the Maxwells, I literally yelled "WHAT?!" at the top of my lungs and came on over here to comment!

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jabbie?

I was going to suggest JoAbb, but I like Jabbie better.

18 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

She's still got Laura. Hopefully Laura doesn't go the way of Tabitha Paine, for her sake and Jana's...

Agreed. Laura gives me Charlotte Lucas vibes (any Jane Austen fans here? haha) 

I could totally see her becoming desperate enough to settle for an annoying older man like Mr. Collins or an old creep like Tabitha's husband 

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

I was going to suggest JoAbb, but I like Jabbie better.

It’s better than Jobbie. Jobbie sounds a little dirty in my 12 year old mind. 

So are we thinking Si’s wedding is this weekend? Abbie’s brother is getting married the weekend after that so they might be spending the next two weekends together at siblings’ weddings. 

57 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

just wish this wasn’t announced during the work day so I could keep up. Damn Duggars, so inconsiderate.

I know, right? I didn't see this one coming....

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived