IGNORED

John David is courting Abbie Grace Burnett

VBOY9977

3 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

Better than Truth or Dare. 

The first set of Duggar grand-twins have names! 

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, Why don’t you ever ever see a fundie family name their daughter Chastity? It’s a Puritan name right up their alley!

Wow. John-David is courting. Here are my thoughts:

-I like the fact that she's a nurse. I would assume she's actually using her license (at least at the moment) since it would be a little odd to put in all of the time and effort to get that license and then never use it. Whether she still works as a nurse after she gets married (plausible) or after she starts having kids (less likely, but not completely outside of the realm of possibility) remains to be seen.

-I would expect an engagement within the next couple of months. Maybe they announce it the day of the season premiere (July 30th I believe?) as a way to try and get more people to watch the show.

-I would not be surprised if Jana starts courting by the end of the year. They probably realize that viewers would love to see her get married and that the likelihood of being able to marry her off would decrease a bit once she is in her thirties.

-However, if they continue at the pace they are currently going (marrying off a couple of kids a year), they are quickly going to run out of kids to marry. This is made a bit more difficult by the fact that not including Jana, the next kids who are or who will be of marriageable age are all boys, who typically are married off a bit older so they can better support their wife and quiver. They would either have to slow down a little and marry off each boy quite young, or slow down a lot so that the boys are older, but risk losing viewers who might not be interested in watching kid after kid being born.

-They don't have nearly as good of ship name options as Joken and Siren had. Personally, I like JAG.

I’ll be calling it the Burgar Wedding in my head. Just like I called the double Bowers/Bontrager wedding the double Boners in my head. 

If he doesn’t incorporate flying somewhere in the courtship/engagement shenanigans, I will eat my shoe.

If I were a betting woman, “Marry Me Abbie” streaming from a plane seems likely.

But, as the prankster, maybe he’ll shock us all with something innovative. What that could be at this point....no idea.

This was an unexpected surprised. Glad that John managed to find someone close to his age. I'm guessing they'll be engaged in a couple of months and they'll get married in December. I also wouldn't be surprised if Jana is courting by the end of the year and gets married sometime next spring. Just hope she finds someone decent and close to her age like her twin has. It's crazy to think that after her the next single ones are Jed and Jer.

And I vote Jabbie for the ship name.

Of course he gifted her with a heart shaped necklace. Who wants to bet she gets a solitaire engagement ring too? :pb_lol: 

Also sign me up for Burgar as the couple name. Genius.

my problem with BurGar is that i'll always think of actual burgers when I see it, and won't be filled with nearly enough disdain as fundies deserve..... xD

She seems like she really suits him and he suits her. She's a nurse and he flies planes/is sort of a cop, so they're both hard workers and more mature than many of their unmarried siblings/peers, I get the vibe from her that she has a sense of humor but isn't clownishly EXTRA like Carlin Bates (which would be way too much for JD), and best of all, SHE'S NOT A CHILD BRIDE IN AGE AND HOPEFULLY/EVIDENTLY NOT IN MIND OR EDUCATIONAL ATTAINMENT. 

Also, "I reconsidered that whole Bachelor till the Rapture thing" is A+. I know JD probably believes some heinous shit, but that was funny and I'm happy for him. 

Given the sheer volume of these couples (current and future), I think it's important that the couple name clearly replicate recognizable parts of their names. For Duggars, we also need more than the "J" to perform that function. For these and other reasons (such as that it sounds fun), I vote:

John Dabbie!

16 minutes ago, Dominionatrix said:

Given the sheer volume of these couples (current and future), I think it's important that the couple name clearly replicate recognizable parts of their names. For Duggars, we also need more than the "J" to perform that function. For these and other reasons (such as that it sounds fun), I vote:

John Dabbie!

Good point. I agree with this. It’s getting harder to remember all these couples. Even Jostin makes me think too hard, because there are four Duggars named Jo-something, but there isn’t a person named Jo in that couple. I mentally convert it into Joystin. 

I like JohnDabbie. Or even J-Dabbie. 

The Burnetts have stair-step children, at least by calendar year very regular. If Abbie and JD have the same fertility as her parents, 1 kid every 2 years, that would get them to 6 or 7, excluding twins of course. That's a pretty big family for most of us, but maybe even smaller than average for them. I'm excited for the DuggarData expected quiver! 

24 minutes ago, Calypso said:

I second J-Dabbie

It sounds like the name of a rapper who mostly plays Bar Mitzvahs. I love it. 

Man, was never expecting that! I though Jason or one of the twins (Jed or Jer) would start a courtship next.

But good for John! This actually seems to be a pretty healthy start to a courtship->engagement->marriage. Let's face it: as they announced the courtship now, an engangement is probably already in the making => christmas time wedding à la Tori maybe?

Who would have thought that there might be another Duggar wedding in 2018?

And: NOT poor Jana. My suspicion is that she is trying to keep her quiver small(ish) and succeeding by not getting married young. And if that's not her intention I still think its good for a Duggar daughter to get married later than 25! It gave her more time to mature and grow into herself. I don't think she will lack for suitors in the next 10 or so years.

6 hours ago, singsingsing said:

How about... Joab-Gravid.

Gravid is the word for pregnant in Swedish. Seems appropriate. 

1 hour ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Good point. I agree with this. It’s getting harder to remember all these couples. Even Jostin makes me think too hard, because there are four Duggars named Jo-something, but there isn’t a person named Jo in that couple. I mentally convert it into Joystin. 

I like JohnDabbie. Or even J-Dabbie. 

How is Joy not a Jo-something name? There are eight Duggars that start with Jo: Josh, John, Joseph, Joshia, Joy, Johanna, Jordyn and Josie. The more I think about it the weirder it is JB never got his Julia, Michelle must really hate that name.

I vote Jobbie since they both have jobs and that sadly might be something very rare when it comes to Duggar relationships. 

42 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

And: NOT poor Jana. My suspicion is that she is trying to keep her quiver small(ish) and succeeding by not getting married young. And if that's not her intention I still think its good for a Duggar daughter to get married later than 25! It gave her more time to mature and grow into herself. I don't think she will lack for suitors in the next 10 or so years.

I still feel sorry for Jana. While the fact that she is not married yet, is probably her choice, she still spends her days sitting around in the house with only her parents and her youngest siblings. Everybody close to her in age has moved out.

In the real world she could have matured and grown by living independently, getting a degree, having a job, exploring interests ...all the things young adults normally do. In her culture Jana is not seen as an adult unless she gets married. How much "growing into herself" can she do while obeying her parents, doing the dishes and being sister mum to a bunch of younger siblings?

I like D-Bag.

other things I like-

we don’t know if Abbie is working now, but she would have had to do some kind of clinical practicum to get her degree and license, so she has worked outside the home in a professional and unchaperoned setting.

regardless of whether or not she plans to work after marriage and children, she has an extremely marketable skill, as long as she maintains her license, and actually does have something to fall back on if she suddenly has to earn a living.

she knows how to look up and read legitimate medical information, and presumably can distinguish it from the rampant medical BS circulating through her community.  This will greatly benefit any future children she may have.

her education should have taught her the importance of critical thinking.

if she wants to practice some kind of family planning, she should know how to access accurate and up to date information about birth control, as opposed to the intentionally scary and inaccurate information various fundie organizations push on their followers.

she is probably better prepared to homeschool her hypothetical  future children than are any of the other Duggar wives.

i think Jim Bob treats John David as an adult, as opposed to how he’s treated his other courting sons, and I imagine John David has had a more independent experience with this relationship than any of his brothers did.

i like their body language.  It looked to me like they’re still kind of shy with each other, but are also really into each other.

i hope they live happily ever after, and I hope that involves them moving in a more progressive direction.

J-Dab in the (Tinker Toy) House. I like J-Dab.

John David seemed say more animated in that video than I've seen before.  And yay for a smaller quiver (hopefully).

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived