IGNORED

John David is courting Abbie Grace Burnett

VBOY9977

4 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

So did anyone check Duggardata tumblr to see when JD was expected to announce an engagement (prior to news of him courting.) I think it wasn't for another year. Doubt it'll take that long.

I’m expecting these two to be engaged by fall. They are older so they are probably much more ready for marriage than a lot of fundie couples. 

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Ofjill taught me anything, it's not to get excited over a college degree. :pb_lol: She's probably still a Trump supporter who is going to give up her career as soon as she has kids (though I hope she doesn't)

Am I the only one that thinks she looks like Lauren? I feel like they all look alike. 

Duggar Data also recently did a post about average courtship - marriage time. She came up with 238-256 days.

If JD and Abbie started courting yesterday (just to choose a date - might not have been yesterday, but it sounds like it wasn't much before that) we should expect to see them getting married at some point between February 18, 2019 and March 8th, 2019.

I would love to see them move to Oklahoma. Being in JBs cult has always seemed so stifling. It's why I reluctantly give Jeremy two points even though I cant stand him. I have no doubt JAG will will be fundie. I just hope for a little better education and out of the tentacles of JB. 

2 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

If Ofjill taught me anything, it's not to get excited over a college degree. :pb_lol: She's probably still a Trump supporter who is going to give up her career as soon as she has kids (though I hope she doesn't)

Am I the only one that thinks she looks like Lauren? I feel like they all look alike. 

She would absolutely positively be a Mike Pence supporter. I never expected any differently. 

I bet they fast track them. An older, eagse couple in Duggar is dangerous to the image. Theyll marry them off before the year is out. 

I vote J-DAB for their couple name. When Abbie is assimilated into the Duggar Borg, she will become Jabbie.

I'm leaving town for 2 weeks of work this Sunday. Between this, the SiRen wedding (which must be imminent by now), and baby Vuolo (who could arrive before I  get home), I'll be playing catch up.

I keep having this weird feeling that this is going to be a failed courtship. But let me quickly add that it's literally just a feeling, based on pretty much nothing other than the fact that the vast majority of courtships are built on pretty damn shaky foundations, and probably because Abbie looks a lot like Sarah Reith to me and I think my brain is associating her face with a failed courtship. :pb_lol:

I could see them fast tracking it and having a wedding around Christmastime. As far as we know, there are no babies due at that time and nobody else will be getting married. Not that that seems to stop them!

As far as their couple name goes, my brain keeps calling them Johab.

4 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

I bet they fast track them. An older, eagse couple in Duggar is dangerous to the image. Theyll marry them off before the year is out. 

Yep.  My bet is a wedding shortly before Christmas or just after.

8 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

All the girls they marry look like their sisters :)

Right. They would not marry a spouse who dosen't fall in line with their World view on the essential things at least  and Who would? 

3 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I keep having this weird feeling that this is going to be a failed courtship. But let me quickly add that it's literally just a feeling, based on pretty much nothing other than the fact that the vast majority of courtships are built on pretty damn shaky foundations, and probably because Abbie looks a lot like Sarah Reith to me and I think my brain is associating her face with a failed courtship. :pb_lol:

I could see them fast tracking it and having a wedding around Christmastime. As far as we know, there are no babies due at that time and nobody else will be getting married. Not that that seems to stop them!

As far as their couple name goes, my brain keeps calling them Johab.

I hope not. I am happy for the guy. 

12 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

It's like TSA Precheck but for fundies. 

Edit: Bless reddit for this find.

532a4hZl.jpg

Whoa, here I was thinking Uranus astrological move into Taurus last month was only wreaking havoc for me. Since everyone else already looked up the nursing stuff I offer you instead JD's love horoscope from May 2018. 

"Uranus' entry into Taurus will light up your mind and heart, Pisces.....The way you call and text your friends will also undergo a huge change."

Yes, that is parts of his actual horoscope, but more seriously I'm happy for him. He does look quite afflicted by the energies of love.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

I was going to suggest JoAbb, but I like Jabbie better.

I know it shouldn’t be pronounced this way but I can’t stop saying this name as “Gob” in my head. I approve. 

Spoiler

8E98196E-0265-4D5E-ADC8-206689E136E8.gif

What did it mean in the video when JD said " We've known each other for years but only met" and Abbie says " A couple of months ago".

How can you know someone at all if you've never met them? Were they allowed to email each other or talk on the phone? Some other sort of 2 way communication that would mean " We know each other"? 

3 minutes ago, WasBlind said:

What did it mean in the video when she said " We've known each other for years but only met" and he says " A couple of months ago".

How can you know someone at all if you've never met them? Were they allowed to email each other or talk on the phone? Some other sort of 2 way communication that would mean " We know each other"? 

Maybe known of each other? Like he was a acquaintance  of her brother and he had heard about Girl named  Abbey  Grace  who was cool or she did this or said that and the same for her. 

4 minutes ago, WasBlind said:

What did it mean in the video when she said " We've known each other for years but only met" and he says " A couple of months ago".

My guess is that they knew of each other, not really knew each other. They run the same circle type of thing without ever actually meeting but their friends have talked about the other, etc. 

3 minutes ago, WasBlind said:

I think this happens in fundie circles a lot. Their families go to the same events. So they’ve been around each other but didn’t really talk. They knew of one another, could visually recognize them, and may know some of their family members. But they probably didn’t actually get to know one another until recently. 

I guess it’s kind of like high school. I knew of plenty of my classmates but never really talked to them one on one. 

38 minutes ago, habert said:

Put me in the camp that the second Jana is like “you know what I’d rather be married than anything else” she’ll have a bf in like 3 weeks flat. I mean, if the only thing she wants is to be married, she could find someone like yesterday. If they’re old and creepy and awful, they’re still there waiting for her to want marriage more than anything else. 

I think Jana is probably weighing options and her life (although not actually independent) has the most independence she ever has. She probably “wants” to be married and also double thinks about it a lot. What happens to her garden? How soon would she conceive? What if it’s twins? Etc etc probably run through her mind in ways that are dissonant to her upbringing and she probably has her ways of justifying it etc etc

the human mind is a little predictable, especially cult addled minds 

As they say, the odds are good, but the goods are odd! :) 

I'm sure she is weighing options (aren't we all, all the time?), but I'd assume that given her upbringing some of her considerations might be surprising to us. One of my favorite challenges about being human is recognizing how hard it is to truly put yourself in someone else's shoes. There's always things that people, no matter how close they are to someone, can't tell from the outside. I was hiking with one of my close friends this weekend and she was telling me about how she'd made a decision about something, and one of the factors that she'd given a lot of weight to in the consideration really surprised me! And that's someone I know incredibly well- we used to live together, and we come from fairly similar backgrounds. So who knows what all Jana is thinking- we can of course make educated guesses. All I would wager is that whatever she wants right now, it's probably occasionally uncomfortable being 28 and unmarried in her culture and family.

I think they'll marry by year's end. Will they live in his house or has he earned enough rent to buy a nicer one? That interests me more!

Sarah Reith!  Dang, that was one of the most awkward things ever on tv. Poor, stupid Zack Bates. I hope he got paid a lot to do that.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s better than Jobbie. Jobbie sounds a little dirty in my 12 year old mind. 

In Scotland a jobbie is a poo. Jabbie is quite fitting as a jab or jag is an injection :D

This is really unexpected! Shame I can't get the video to work :(

10 minutes ago, WasBlind said:

What did it mean in the video when JD said " We've known each other for years but only met" and Abbie says " A couple of months ago".

It's required by IBLP law to mention the years you spent not noticing your GF existed, despite her attending every social function you do, before God let the scales fall from your eyes and made you fall in true, enduring, monogamous love with her instantly. If you leave that out of your courtship story, then you get sent to Gothard jail.

My predictions: if they're announcing their courtship now it probably means they've already been courting several months, so they'll announce an engagement in the next month and be married in October or November. I think with most of the Duggar couples they've announced courtships when they were about to be engaged.

Does Abbie remind anyone else of Sarah Reith, Zach's first courtship? Let's hope this ends better than that relationship did. Maybe it's just the blonde crunchy curls?

image.png.8632f610ef45fa073c3dde95d191e1dc.png

Edit: just realized other people mentioned about the Sarah Reith resemblance, so I'm not the only one who sees it!

Also in this picture her hair (which looks way nicer in a soft braid) makes it look they just finished fooling around...

image.thumb.png.d6608a5ce8e68a3fbf183ccdbc5d1b3f.png

12 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Maybe known of each other? Like he was a acquaintance  of her brother and he had heard about Girl named  Abbey  Grace  who was cool or she did this or said that and the same for her. 

Agreed. The transcripts of the interview that appeared in the US Weekly article etc. said "known of each other" so I assume that means their families interacted, they may have said hi, etc. but they never interacted WITH INTENT of "getting to know each other." So they've had some contact but not dating, etc. even in the Bates sense.

It leaves open the possibility for pining though, like poor Michaella Bates did for years, rather than Joy's hanging out in Austin's vicinity and writing her name on things to subconsciously bring herself to his attention.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived