IGNORED

John David is courting Abbie Grace Burnett

VBOY9977

Just now, stardust said:

Agreed. Laura gives me Charlotte Lucas vibes (any Jane Austen fans here? haha) 

I could totally see her becoming desperate enough to settle for an annoying older man like Mr. Collins or an old creep like Tabitha's husband 

Mr. Collins was actually younger than Charlotte Lucas (iirc he was about 25 and she was about 27). So she settled for a younger creep. Though to be honest, a guy like Mr. Collins would be a total catch compared to who Tabitha Paine ended up with. Mr. Collins was a fool and an asshole, rather embarrassing and annoying to have to put up with, but afaik never assaulted anyone or committed any crimes, he had a steady, stable career and a nice house, and all in all was a fairly decent (if rather cringe-worthy) person and husband - comparatively speaking, anyway. She could do a lot worse (as we've seen, sadly).

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, Caleb Burnett is marrying a girl that wasn’t homeschooled. Although she did graduate from a Christian school. 

11 minutes ago, LKUK said:

All the links to videos say 'We're sorry. this site is not available in this region.' I have a feeling it might be GDPR related as lots of international sites haven't been allowing me recently. But yeh if any tech gurus know how to get around the regional blocks us brits/europeans would probably like a nosey at the video :56247958af296_32(20):

What I do is I have installed Opera : https://www.opera.com/computer (it's not a bad idea to have a secondary browser anyway, to test stuff when it doesn't work on your primary browser).

Opera offers a free VPN. You click on the little VPN thingie on the left of the address bar, and choose "Americas", and tadaa, in my limited understanding of the internet, your internet data goes through an american server, so you see things as if you were in America :) Can be useful sometimes.

2 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

I know, right? I didn't see this one coming....

There on Europe time :) for once I can follow this feed as it develops and tomorrow morning I can see what you all have found out :happy:

JD broke the internet today. I'm not in the least bit concerned about a 26 & 28 year old getting engaged after a few months, especially with this 26 yr old having some education AND a job.  JD has also had a lot more freedom, they look like a cute couple. I think they will probably marry around Christmas, and wait to have kids for at least 6 months.

That’s TLC video is the most energetic, fun, and camera ready I’ve ever seen JD lmao. His little “on what? *shoulder hug shake* On Counting On!” At the end was the most endearing he’s ever been. And NATURAL. Instead of *deer in headlights* *weird joke he doesn’t land* *sweaty forehead* *slumped shoulders* *the bizarre feeling that a producer somewhere is laughing telling everyone to never give John a second take*

Sorry guys, but all this 'older! life experience! schooling! pants!' etc. just makes me think of all the excitement about Derick when he first showed up. Remember how he was going to save Jill and lead her to a beautiful new world of education, freedom and enlightenment? Pepperidge Farm remembers...

Abbie’s older brother John-Clay is in the Christian film industry. He seems to do a lot of stuff behind the camera. He makes videos for ALERT and works on some Christian movies. 

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Sorry guys, but all this 'older! life experience! schooling! pants!' etc. just makes me think of all the excitement about Derick when he first showed up. Remember how he was going to save Jill and lead her to a beautiful new world of education, freedom and enlightenment? Pepperidge Farm remembers...

57F04594-6F7E-485B-9D89-B914AAD2F330.jpeg.1166cad4dc73b322890573a567d5a229.jpeg

I make a funny? I make a funny! :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

My heart just broke a little more - for Jana. :(

I'm pretty sure Jana would be married if she wanted to. Maybe she has decided to stay single or she has still not found the perfect match.

Jana seems to be comfortable with her projects and being out of the spotlight. I don't see her sad or depressed.

What if she doesn't like the married life? What if she feels horrified of being pregnant, after all she has seen at home?  What if she loves being kinda farmer and dreams about getting old in that big house with 20 cats? 

6 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

@singsingsing I wasn't around then, what about pepperidge farm? If cookies were involved I'm interested. 

Just now, VelociRapture said:

57F04594-6F7E-485B-9D89-B914AAD2F330.jpeg.1166cad4dc73b322890573a567d5a229.jpeg

I make a funny? I make a funny! :pb_lol:

The biggest problem with Derick is that he’s a convert. And so many converts are insanely zealous at first and hope their life change will somehow fix all their problems. Yes, he grew up Christian, but not ATI. Both JD and Abbie have grown up ATI and both are not following the exact Gothard approved path. Again I’m not expecting major changes. But I would love a few education based changes ;)

29 minutes ago, emscm said:

JD and AG.... May I suggest we dub them J-DAG? 

Sorry if that’s lame I’m not good at this. 

Ha ha - I'm totes Team J-DAG.

Plus she was raised ATI. Realistically She almost certainly believes the husband is her leader and ultimate decision maker. 

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

My heart just broke a little more - for Jana. :(

Jana gets to chill with her bestie any time, free room and board, free car,  and trips to various places.  All she has to do in return is take care of a few kids but she gets hired help with them.

If I was a fundie I would take that life over an eternity of being bare foot and pregnant.

Just now, justpassingby said:

Jana gets to chill with her bestie any time, free room and board, free car,  and trips to various places.  All she has to do in return is take care of a few kids but she gets hired help with them.

If I was a fundie I would take that life over an eternity of being bare foot and pregnant.

I agree. She put in her time as a sister mom. Now she’s almost like in retirement! Enjoy it!

Put me in the camp that the second Jana is like “you know what I’d rather be married than anything else” she’ll have a bf in like 3 weeks flat. I mean, if the only thing she wants is to be married, she could find someone like yesterday. If they’re old and creepy and awful, they’re still there waiting for her to want marriage more than anything else. 

I think Jana is probably weighing options and her life (although not actually independent) has the most independence she ever has. She probably “wants” to be married and also double thinks about it a lot. What happens to her garden? How soon would she conceive? What if it’s twins? Etc etc probably run through her mind in ways that are dissonant to her upbringing and she probably has her ways of justifying it etc etc

the human mind is a little predictable, especially cult addled minds 

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Don’t count your chicken’s folks. Remember IBLP has or had a nursing program and Jill was    “Midwife” 

I am withholding my opinion on her till more information is available.  I do hope they are both happy though.

Yes, BUT, it was the one program they had to say they couldn't finish with IBLP. You had to enroll in your state somewhere to be licensed. The nursing degree requires clinical work that Gothard couldn't do. After you are licensed you can obtain your Bachelor's online. Most hospitals require you to have or obtain the Bachelors. Nursing homes do not always require it.

1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

He looks happier than Josiah. 

Not hard to imagine. Siah can't pick (or JimBob can't pick well for him)

I don't it's possible to say what Jana really wants or how much of a choice she has in anything. Her culture really doesn't allow that - she's beholden to what her parents' want. I hope it's her choice to be single, but I don't think there's any evidence to point either way.

That said, it has to be hard to be the only uncoupled person among the oldest siblings. They get to go do things she does not, and that has to be hard, no matter what friend she has to keep her company in the house. It's all just a weird situation. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So will JD propose at Si’s wedding?

Just kidding. I really doubt JD would do that. He seems like the type that would have a pretty and quiet type of setting for a proposal. Like a walk in the woods or a scenic view. 

Don't forget he loves practical jokes like wrapping cars in plastic wrap.....

7 minutes ago, habert said:

Put me in the camp that the second Jana is like “you know what I’d rather be married than anything else” she’ll have a bf in like 3 weeks flat. I mean, if the only thing she wants is to be married, she could find someone like yesterday. If they’re old and creepy and awful, they’re still there waiting for her to want marriage more than anything else. 

I think Jana is probably weighing options and her life (although not actually independent) has the most independence she ever has. She probably “wants” to be married and also double thinks about it a lot. What happens to her garden? How soon would she conceive? What if it’s twins? Etc etc probably run through her mind in ways that are dissonant to her upbringing and she probably has her ways of justifying it etc etc

the human mind is a little predictable, especially cult addled minds 

I don't know. Michelle is pretty lazy. Who'd look after the lost girls? On the garden--I'd HOPE she's teaching the younger ones to keep it going. I think she may not have a lot of say in it, or she was too picky over who was offered up as her potential hubby. Traditionally [in that great mythical Vision Forum-beloved Victorian times that never really were as VF portrayed them] a daughter stayed home to care for the parents. Don't the Duggars now have Jchelle's sister living there, post-stroke? Well? Who would care for HER? Sure as heck not her sister!

3 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Don't forget he loves practical jokes like wrapping cars in plastic wrap.....

He likes to prank other couples. I don’t know if he wants to prank his girlfriend. I really hope his married siblings pay him back tenfold and get him good. 

I really hope the second set of Duggar twins end up like the first set. Marrying at 28+ years old. But I doubt it. 

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He likes to prank other couples. I don’t know if he wants to prank his girlfriend. I really hope his married siblings pay him back tenfold and get him good. 

I'll bet that some of the Bates guys have great ideas for pranks, too.

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Both JD and Abbie have grown up ATI and both are not following the exact Gothard approved path. Again I’m not expecting major changes. But I would love a few education based changes ;)

I tend to agree. I don't think these two are going to run off and join a free-love commune, but neither do I think that they're going to end up living in an RV running some ill-conceived "ministry." They seem like two adults who have their shit reasonably together, and I assume that their lives will go forward in a relatively stable and uneventful fashion, which in Duggar-land is about the best you can hope for.

So did anyone check Duggardata tumblr to see when JD was expected to announce an engagement (prior to news of him courting.) I think it wasn't for another year. Doubt it'll take that long.

@justmy2cents Straight from DuggarData in May: 

"John David, Jana’s twin, is also very overdue to court.  Based on current data, a typical Duggar Male (Born–In or In–Law) ‘courtposes’ at Age 22.73 (SD—3.68 Years).  As of May 2018, J.D. is single at 28.34 Years old, which puts him ~1.52 SDs past the Duggar Male mean.  J.D.’s next ‘due date’ to court is February 13, 2019, at which point he’ll be exactly 2 SDs overdue."

and for good measure

"Jana Marie is really, really overdue to court.  Typically, Duggar Females (Born–In and In–Law) begin courting at Age 20.45 (SD—1.76 Years).  As of May 2018, Jana is 28.34 Years old—or, 7.89 Years older than the typical, courting Duggar Female.  Right now, Jana’s age puts her ~4.5 SDs beyond her initial, expected courtship date.  Like prior Predictors, Predictor 2.1 predicts overdue events on the next whole SD, so Jana’s ‘due date’ to court is set for April 8, 2019—when she’ll be exactly 5 SDs past the Duggar Female mean."

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived