IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren Part 8: One Week to the Wedding (Now Married)

Coconut Flan

8 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I have my Duggar Wedding Bingo at the ready:

Jill makes it about her somehow

Lost Girls clearly not into it

At least one bridesmaid is visibly pregnant

"Season of life"

Everyone's running late

Wedding coordinator is absurdly incompetent/is made to appear incompetent for the sake of cheap drama/OMG CRISIS

Rodriguii show up

Half the guests look like they just dropped by after running a few errands at Sam's Club

Jim Bob says gross sexual shit

Trashed car because lolz

Derick caveman-grabs Jill during the recessional

Turd caveman-grabs Anna

Mass married couple makeout session photo (gag me)

Jana is the real MVP/wedding slave because everyone else is incompetent

You cheated. That's all of the weddings. Lmao

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

I hate that even in mainstream media it's so common to refer to a well known women by her husband. If your reading the article you know about the duggars and if you know anything about the duggar family you know who Anna is, she been around a long time.

What else should she be referred to by? Anna Duggar? Because that's referring to her by her husband's name.

And the people commenting about the "she's glowing for this early!" one, if she gets pregnant any time in the next few weeks, she was pregnant today if you go by a doctor's timeline. So not rude, technically may end up being true.

IOW,  if she's had her period recently and gets pregnant in the next few days, this time will be counted as the  beginning if her pregnancy.

Urgh, I have to say I absolutely loathe the phrase “Mr and Mrs Josiah Duggar”. 

And I guess they look the way they did in the pictures because the pictures were taken before the ceremony?

This wedding is making me sad.  Josiah was always the most dramatic flamboyant* Duggar.  From what we have seen so far this wedding is not that... **

*flamboyant does not equal gay.  Gay does not equal bad. 

** We haven't seen much yet.... 

Revised dress opinions: No to the Holy Matrimonial T-Shirt, but yes to fitted sheath silhouette and minimalism. I would love this to pieces if it were either sleeveless (with the high neck) or long-sleeved. No to the scraggly unbrushed hair. Either get a proper blowout (or, more realistically, make Jana look up on Pinterest how to do it and then do it for you) or do an updo. It doesn't need to be super neat; Meghan Markle's just-slightly-coming-undone chignon was perfect and kept her look from being too severe. But for the life of me I don't understand why the Duggar brides (and Michael Bates) have such beautiful hair (and loads of money to get professional blowouts) and then rock up to their weddings looking like they forgot what a hairbrush is. 

From the blurry Insta live it seems that the bridesmaid dresses are also Jesus T-Shirts. I choose to believe that this is Jana and Anna's subtle revenge against all who have wronged them.

Re Josiah... I have a friend who has 'dead' eyes but I also know he has gone through a lot of trauma through how he was parented.  I know he is deeply in love with his wife and happy.  But those eyes.... he was broken as a child.  I'm leaning towards a similiar story with Josiah Duggar.  Not everyone in a family of 19 kids is going to enjoy being filmed.  He looked happy enough with Lauren in all of their quiet photos together.  

F89AF232-662F-4A67-BDCE-0B761ECFD508.thumb.jpeg.a1112433986cc8701d5f9b9adf18f550.jpeg

The cupcakes look yummy but imagine having so many guests at your wedding that you have to fill the entire table with them. Also, did they run out of casings? 

1 hour ago, Alysabeth said:

The cupcakes look yummy but imagine having so many guests at your wedding that you have to fill the entire table with them. Also, did they run out of casings? 

The casings irk me. I'd say "fuck it, none of them have casings because otherwise I'm going to go insane every time I look at the table or pictures of it". 

But yay! Enough food to feed everyone! Not root beer floats or November parking lot sundaes! And it looks really delicious! 

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Revised dress opinions: No to the Holy Matrimonial T-Shirt, but yes to fitted sheath silhouette and minimalism. I would love this to pieces if it were either sleeveless (with the high neck) or long-sleeved. No to the scraggly unbrushed hair. Either get a proper blowout (or, more realistically, make Jana look up on Pinterest how to do it and then do it for you) or do an updo. It doesn't need to be super neat; Meghan Markle's just-slightly-coming-undone chignon was perfect and kept her look from being too severe. But for the life of me I don't understand why the Duggar brides (and Michael Bates) have such beautiful hair (and loads of money to get professional blowouts) and then rock up to their weddings looking like they forgot what a hairbrush is.

I agree with you on the dress. If she had some nice sleeves that taperd out or something it would look much better.  Curious to find out if Laurens family paid for the dress and if the dragged the whole duggar clan along 

Eh, I'm not a fan of her dress. I like the cut but would have liked something to break it up - maybe a very simple belt or similar. That's my taste though. I love her veil. 

They come across much happier in candid picture than the formal one, or the video. Hopefully that reflects how they really feel. 

While I'm not a fan of super plain dresses, Lauren's looks good from what I've seen so far. It looks like she paired it with a long veil with some lace edging, which adds visual interest to her bridal look. The dress looks flattering. I'm expecting to see the fundie approximation of a Pippa bootie when she turns around.

Agreed with all the sad sentiments upon watching their marriage video. Josaiah seems so detached and robotic, like he's going through the motions. It's heartbreaking.

I actually rather like her dress, though I'm not someone who spends a lot of time thinking about such things. I do like that the more fitted cut makes it fairly different than most fundie dresses we've seen.

3 hours ago, Alysabeth said:

Also, did they run out of casings? 

Some of the cupcakes are in traditional cupcake cups - not the froofy pointed papers.

7 minutes ago, freethemall said:

This is a very strange after party picture.

What's strange about it?

9 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

What's strange about it?

Probably that they're taking a photo in front of JFK and a gun.

6 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Probably that they're taking a photo in front of JFK and a gun.

But is it a gun or a poster of a gun? Either way, I have photos from my childhood of the grandkids (that would include me) with my granddaddy's guns on the wall-mounted gun rack behind us, so I guess it just doesn't strike me as odd in any way. ::shrug::

2 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

But is it a gun or a poster of a gun? Either way, I have photos from my childhood of the grandkids (that would include me) with my granddaddy's guns on the wall-mounted gun rack behind us, so I guess it just doesn't strike me as odd in any way. ::shrug::

It looks like it might be a poster, which honestly might be even weirder to me.

8 hours ago, feministxtian said:

@xlurker the picture of the baby kitty and his bigger sibling is just TOO CUTE!!! Adorable baby!!! I mean like just reach in, grab my heart and twist...so damn adorable!!! What a sweetie! 

Thank you! Love them to death.  That is Momma and baby.  She was pregnant and dumped :angry-screaming:  Had 7 kittens but lost 6 due to the cold--I heard about it and swooped in to get them when baby girl was just a week old.  

Do we know where they are going to live?  Or what Josiah does for a living?

I am always confused about the way the Duggar kids get treated in terms of being given houses (I know, it's weird they are given houses at all!) but it feels like Josh and Jill were given bigger houses, and the younger sons get less good deals than the daughters....  except remember that circular house that was bought in one of the Lost Boys' names - James?  But Joe now lives in his grandmother's relocated house on the family property...   I'm wondering if JB is aiming for a Morton-style compound, with his (non-Josh) sons and their wives all living on his property?   JD will most likely live in his own house, but JD has also been allowed more freedom.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Josiah and Lauren start married life in a trailer on the property, as JB has never seemed to like him.

And Joe and speculative other sons want to live Morton-style, that's fine, but I don't really understand how the sons are kept on tight leashes by JB, where they work for him and live in houses he provides - of course it's about control, but it seems antithetical to the cult teachings, where men are supposed to be the heads of the households, the providers, the ones holding the umbrella of protection etc etc.   It must be completely bizarre, being brought up being expected to be the one with all the power, but also knowing that daddy controls the purse strings.

I know, I'm probably reaching, and I hope I'm wrong, but it feels like although eg Jinger and Jill are only allowed to move away if their husbands want to, and their lives are controlled by the whims of their headships, the daughters at least have *some* opportunity to live somewhere else.

Ugh that still if her clinging to him is so unfortunate... she has the adoring gaze down but she looks like she's trying to stop him from running away. I guess if you weren't allowed to touch hardly prior she's probably not sure what is comfortable and we would be equally knocking her if she was stiffly not touching him. He just doesn't lol happy to me, he looks flat and stressed. We will get a better idea from the full show though. 

13 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

Ugh that still if her clinging to him is so unfortunate... she has the adoring gaze down but she looks like she's trying to stop him from running away. I guess if you weren't allowed to touch hardly prior she's probably not sure what is comfortable and we would be equally knocking her if she was stiffly not touching him. He just doesn't lol happy to me, he looks flat and stressed. We will get a better idea from the full show though. 

I wonder if he was worried about 'performing' later, since she obviously was, ahem, looking forward to the wedding night.  Since he's the headship, she's going to expect him to take the lead and I'm sure he was not properly prepared for it.

I can't imagine the stress of going from 0 to 60 in one day.  

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

What's strange about it?

I find gun fetishism very strange, doesn't fit with the festivity of what they claim is a God and family centered affair. That plus the fact that it's placed next to a picture of a President whose head was blown off by a gun.

No offense to your family and hunting culture, these people have an unabashed hard-on for guns that I just can't accept as normal or fitting with the rest of their views. But then again, this whole wedding is strange.

I think the photo is weird because it's a weird angle of 3 girls posed in front of a president who was shot to death and a gun... 

yeah it's a bit odd, but not really for them.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived