IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren Part 8: One Week to the Wedding (Now Married)

Coconut Flan

23 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

They were all at my mother's house. Not sure if they are still there. And I don't know where the photos from the actual weddings are. The one where we looked like deranged garden fairies...I could be blackmailed with those photos. Pastel blue satin dress completely lined in taffeta; they were custom made. It was an A-line dress that the pattern suggested be made in cotton or another light fabric that would flow. But the bride's exact words when explaining the fabric choice: "It's not a wedding without bridesmaids in satin and taffeta". The night before the wedding, we successfully stood one up by itself at one of the other bridesmaid's houses just because we had a hunch they could stand on their own on account of the taffeta lining. We had the following nightmare accessories handmade by the bride: flower wreathes for our heads with ribbons that hung down to our butts (hair was required to be in an up-do so no one missed the ribbons which also had beads on them and the flowers were a strange aqua color not found in nature), chokers which were a satin ribbon with a large pink fabric rose smack in the middle and earrings made out of those tiny pink fabric roses with the green leaves around them that are frequently seen on baby booties. 

ETA: The top of the dress was adorned with a big lace bow which the bride decided to add at the last minute by pinning tiny loops of fabric to the necklines with safety pins. The lace shoved through it and tied in a giant bow was about 12 inches wide so the effect of the tiny loops was really awful. 

I don't even know what to say to this visual image except "Wow, that's amazing. In all the wrong ways."

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

I don't even know what to say to this visual image except "Wow, that's amazing. In all the wrong ways."

I think this is why I look at the Duggar bridesmaid dresses that everyone hates and automatically think, "eh, those aren't that bad". I have yet to see a worse bridesmaid ensemble and that wedding was in 1995. 

21 hours ago, neurogirl said:

@Captain Obvious Thank you!!! I had a heck of a time finding my dress. It's a good thing I had longer than 3 months! I've posted a picture before on the Duggar wedding dress thread, and I will post a picture after the wedding when it's all altered and everything but it's this one:

Hide contents

Kenneth-Winston-1570-12-Champagne.jpg.d5d5872ab7256caa7ef885146c5f9b34.jpg

Wow. That's beautiful! Hope you have a lovely day for your wedding!

1 hour ago, Ilovebrownies said:

I think the “get to know her”comment has been edited out of the video on their blog.

They should have gotten to know each other before getting married. Ugh.

1 hour ago, Sky with diamonds said:

They should have gotten to know each other before getting married. Ugh.

They're not allowed to.  It's like an accident if a couple gets to know each other before they're tied together.  It's disgusting.  Also disgusting is that the bride apparently just turned 18 a month ago.

She is also new to the Duggar filming lifestyle and maybe went a bit overboard in the video. Perhaps Josiah felt a bit exhausted at the thought of filming being exciting to someone when he just dreads it now? At least their pictures together look pretty happy (of course they could be a lie).

It's impossible to predict. Jessa and Ben seemed so smug and more physically into eachother than in love, but over time have seemed to better better matched than their sibs are to their spouses. Jessa and Ben show more teamwork, appreciation for each other's contributions, and growth together than the others seem to. Less stereotypical sayings about each other at the happy bday messages and so on. Maybe Josiah and Lauren will surprise us. Or maybe he just liked the idea of her and she was dazzled by fundie royalty and it will be a hot mess.

We should start a prediction on the month, date, (and year?) they will announce their first pregnancy.

I predict a honeymoon baby and a Monday, September 24th announcement. The baby will definitely be here before their first year wedding anniversary.  They will announce it the end of the new season that begins Monday, Jul 30th, to keep fans interested and also announce that there’s another season to come in 2019, just like JoKen did with their announcement.

How many weddings do the Duggars have to have at JBU chapel before they get one free?

8 hours ago, Ilovebrownies said:

I think the “get to know her”comment has been edited out of the video on their blog.

I rewatched the TLC video just now, and it looks like it's been edited.  I don't remember seeing all the engagement photos spliced in there the first time I watched. The playback on my tablet was wonky the first time I watched, but all I saw was them on a couch and a whole lot of awkwardness. Adding in some still photos has made the awkwardness less glaring.

I also think the TLC video has been edited. Verrrrry interesting!

I suppose I had "fundie" wedding hair for my second wedding in 2007. At the time I told my hairdresser I wanted it to be French bordelo, LOL. So not quite so fundie ;) I loved it hard! It was a drastic departure from my first wedding hairstyle of a severe updo in 1995 (as was my dress).

1934101_1035144714658_5757_n.jpg

wedding1.png

The website is acting wonky for me and most of the pics aren't loading, but maybe someone else can share them. This is the only one I can see.

Spoiler

7D4332BDEDE14E580156B2A2FF5D9C63.dsc-2523-edit.thumb.jpg.37a1e0cdc744d9a804e626bac4358cd3.jpg

7 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

The website is acting wonky for me and most of the pics aren't loading, but maybe someone else can share them. This is the only one I can see.

The only one I can see is Si wiping his eyes. Not even going to attempt to link due to wonkiness.

She looks happy to me, albeit like an 18-year-old girl who has her first boyfriend, not one who will be a mother next year. It's probably exciting for her, weddings are a big deal in most cultures and especially theirs. She got to be the centre of attention for a day and regardless of how Josiah really feels I get the sense that he is at least nice/kind/complimentary to her.

He strikes me as dead in the eyes, he's smiling for photos and saying all the right things on Instagram but I always got the "thou doth protest too much" vibe from his posts, there was something really unnatural about them. We don't know how this will turn out anymore than we could have predicted Josh or Derick. But Josiah saying that he wanted to spend the year getting to know her tells me that he's not as delusional as the others and that's actually much to the detriment of his happiness in this case. He can't pull an Anna and keep sweet and stay wilfully blind. Poor guy.

The real question is will Lauren wear pants and how soon? I'm assuming Josiah gives no fucks since he courted pants-wearing Marj.

ETA: I agree with whoever posted above about Lauren resembling Eden (from Handmaid's Tale). She does remind me of poor Eden.

Now that I've seen a clear picture of the dress, I have to say I like it! It's not something I would wear but it's a nice fit for her. I don't think the veil really goes with it though, but hey, if homegirl wanted a long-ass veil regardless of the dress, more power to her.

I had to hit reload four times to get them loaded.

After seeing the dress full length finally, I don't like it and really don't like it matched with that veil. Other people, of course, are entitled to love it.  :)

Her hair was definitely scraggly.  I think when we see the episode, we may find Josiah more emotionally involved than what we've seen so far.  

21 hours ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

No tv and no pets for the first year of marriage is the advice JimBob and Michelle were given. 

If we'd followed this advice, we would have had no dishes, plates, or glasses available to use because they would have all been broken in pieces from being thrown against walls.  We had some hellish fights until we got used to sharing space.  We needed the television and the furbabies sometimes.  (But, admittedly, I'm not exactly a doormat either.)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived