IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren Part 8: One Week to the Wedding (Now Married)

Coconut Flan

Lauren is officially the first Duggar bride to be younger than me and I turn 20 at the end of July... not quite sure how to feel about that. Also, I actually really love the cake! I'm not a big cake fan myself and probably will only have it at my own wedding so others can have some, but I totally would have some of that because I do love strawberries. 

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

josiahwedding.thumb.png.cbf2436175f854a41022058f30d7683c.png

I don't recognize either of the bridesmaids in this shot. 99.99% sure that's JD and Abbie, though. JD barely stood up from his chair in an extremely half-hearted attempted to catch the baseball, haha.

Given that the InstaStory says they're bagging up the icing leftover from the wedding (and there's a LOT of it), they may have been responsible for the cake?

And she posted part of the decor too, maybe the "blush and olive" part? Although I'd call that brown, not olive it's still a nice combination of colors. Interestingly, the sign behind them looks a lot like the "Amazing" from Cross Church (the one Joy got married at).

1264357603_JLDecorations.PNG.e6f5bf930976d77a211ac783dda39227.PNG

I was expecting more colour. That cake looks really nice though, I'd eat that cake.....like right now..... I want cake

God, I freaking hate how watching Josiah's life play out makes me feel. I keep waiting to see photos or a video clip or ANYTHING that sends the "I'm happy and fulfilled" message. But I haven't gotten that from him. Not in years.

Yeah, maybe he's happy. Maybe he's suited for the fundie life and genuinely wants a family with Lauren. But we'll never know, will we? Even if he's positively miserable, even if he'd be better off leaving his life and starting over, he will put on a brave face and pretend everything is great because Jesus. Just like Josh did. Who the hell knows what's behind those dead eyes.

For me, that not knowing, the fact that we'll never know until it's too late......that's the worst part.

I’m curious about the maids’ dresses that Cinderjana and Faithfulwifeanna made. How many? How complicated?

Well, well a big strawberry cake, a candy bar and cupcakes. Have those guests been fed or what? :5624798bb4464_Nana-nana-nana-bananapuddingP:

I can see absolutely no comparison to Meghan Marke though. Yes, both dresses are plain (in a nice way), fitted and she had a long veil. That fits the description of millions of dresses out there right now. The T-Shirt style has come back in the last two years (thanks horrible 90s revival) and I have seen lots of those dresses floating the web.

Waiting for more photos now. From the little I have seen I cannot draw any conclusions.

PS: I seriously think the black tie = funeral rule is long gone. I love a nice black tie!!!

Their reception venue at least from what little we can see looks less crowded/ zoo-y than Joy's reception, good for them if they made that decision for themselves and didn't invite such an overwhelming number of people, seems more enjoyable that way.

Omg... Lauren has as much personality as a wet fish.... groping at his arm... I watched 20 seconds and was begging for the full minute to be over!! 

Poor Josiah, its a pity his square peg is being shoved in a round hole... 

Also why do they have tables of people sitting down when they dont intend on feeding them a sit down meal?? 

47 minutes ago, haroldtheyrefundies said:

Lauren is officially the first Duggar bride to be younger than me and I turn 20 at the end of July... not quite sure how to feel about that.

Every single Duggar bride has been younger than me with the exception of Anna (I’m a couple months younger than Jana)...what’s gnawing at me is that Josiah is a month younger than my baby brother...

Now that I’ve seen the dress, I do think that it works. It’s not my style, but it definitely shows off Lauren’s figure and the veil goes well with it also. Still dislike the hair though. She definitely seems more excited to be married than he does though. 

I really hope Josiah is happier than he seems. I find it unbearably depressing (I've literally had nightmare about this) to think about being a fundie in an unwanted marriage, especially since he will very likely soon be a parent, which limits his options even further.

Just now, The Wanderer said:

Every single Duggar bride has been younger than me with the exception of Anna (I’m a couple months younger than Jana)...what’s gnawing at me is that Josiah is a month younger than my baby brother...

I just realized that every single Duggar bride has been younger than me. Anna is about two months younger than I am. The only grooms who have been older than me are Josh and Jeremy. I have a feeling that they will all be younger than me from here on out, possibly with the exception of Jana's potential future husband. I'm not eagerly anticipating the day when we see a bride who could technically be my daughter. It's coming, though, probably in the next couple years. It still blows my mind that Christina Caldwell was born in the same decade as me and she's a grandma!

Excuse me while I go throw up about Josiah’s statement that he apparently made to People magazine. “We are so thankful the Lord has brought us to this place and we can’t wait to begin our journey as husband and wife!” Tell me he didn’t really say that!! Sounds SO fake. Or at least tell me we can start a new drinking game where we take a shot when we read a quote about a “journey”.

That being said I think they are a cute couple and do wish them the best (on their “journey”...)

Well... best of luck to them both. I have a lot to think about with this marriage, but it's not all for FreeJinger.

I noticed Lauren was doing a bit of that eye-fucking thing that Jinger did with Jeremy throughout their courtship, except Josiah doesn't seem to have a reaction to the eye contact other than to turn his head away. She's clinging to his arm like she's trying to get some affection out of him, and it's just not happening. 

She seems very immature, and he seems rather resigned. I really hope they are happy, but I also wish Josiah had followed JD's lead and waited longer to marry. 

Jinger was there. The after party was at the TTH. Source: Krista Gay's instagram story.

"I think the moment I said I do just really kinda sealed it there for me I think, thinking 'he's my husband.'"

That's...yes Lauren that's kind of the point. But Lauren does seem very happy to be married so yeah and hopefully Josiah was just tired.

(I'm getting married in one month (ahhhh) and my flowers are also pretty similar to Lauren and Josiah's. My bridesmaids are wearing blush too. But unlike Lauren's t-shirt dress, I will be one of those brides in a pearl and jewel-encrusted lace and tulle princess dress #sorrynotsorryFJ)

Oh and DuggarData already has a post up about SiRen's reproductive potential. There's a lot of variability but the mathematical prediction at this point is 14-15 arrows, with the first expected by the first anniversary of course. 

https://duggardata.tumblr.com/post/175423499677/when-to-expect-siren-1-plushow-many-children

44 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

Now that I’ve seen the dress, I do think that it works. It’s not my style, but it definitely shows off Lauren’s figure and the veil goes well with it also. Still dislike the hair though. She definitely seems more excited to be married than he does though. 

I'm just hanging out for that 5% chance that Sarah Maxwell will somehow get married, which would make her the only one somewhere near my age at marriage (I was 38). 

And agree with you with everything about the dress. I think the hair kind of ruined the look though. An updo or half-updo, and I think people would have raved like they did with Meghan Markle (even though that dress didn't fit her properly). 

5 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

(I'm getting married in one month (ahhhh) and my flowers are also pretty similar to Lauren and Josiah's. My bridesmaids are wearing blush too. But unlike Lauren's t-shirt dress, I will be one of those brides in a pearl and jewel-encrusted lace and tulle princess dress #sorrynotsorryFJ)

Oooh, ooh - can we see a photo of it? It sounds gorg.

I hope he just feels awkward because of cameras and people not apathetic about this relationship. Did they post a courting or engagement video and was it comparable? I can't Google it right now. The body language where he faces the camera straight on and isn't turned towards her, and isn't really making contact even though he can now seems a little distant though...

I'm happy Josiah did not go with another blue suit and brown shoes combination like Jeremy, Austin, Joe, and other recently married fundies did.

I'm not a fan of the dress, but then I've never been a fan of simple wedding dresses. It's just not my personal style.

I really, really hope Josiah was just tired, or overwhelmed, or just wanted to get that obligatory "we just got married, watch us on TLC" video over with because he did not look into it at all. Lauren, on the other hand, looked super excited.

I have to admit that I would put Lauren's dress in the top 3 of Duggar's weddings. Simple seems right for her. Although I bet her dress is probably going to be the closest we get to body hugging for a Duggar wedding. I can't wait to see what the bridesmaids dresses. I think they will be better then ones made for Anna's wedding and no where near that modpag variation from Jill's wedding. My bet a very simple design like Lauren's dress.

I'm hoping that it's just what we seen media wise between the two with Josiah looking not into what happening. I really hope it's just he tired of how everything in his family has to be filmed. The instagram picture of them on stage he looks so much happier then any other photo & video released.

I feel a bit pervy with how in some of the photos Josiah looks ... a bit on the hot side.

@Captain Obvious Thank you!!! I had a heck of a time finding my dress. It's a good thing I had longer than 3 months! I've posted a picture before on the Duggar wedding dress thread, and I will post a picture after the wedding when it's all altered and everything but it's this one:

Spoiler

Kenneth-Winston-1570-12-Champagne.jpg.d5d5872ab7256caa7ef885146c5f9b34.jpg

6 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

@Captain Obvious Thank you!!! I had a heck of a time finding my dress. It's a good thing I had longer than 3 months! I've posted a picture before on the Duggar wedding dress thread, and I will post a picture after the wedding when it's all altered and everything but it's this one:

Hide contents

Kenneth-Winston-1570-12-Champagne.jpg.d5d5872ab7256caa7ef885146c5f9b34.jpg

That's absolutely stunning - love it!

Lauren reminds me of how Anna behaved when courting Josh and as a newlywed. I think Lauren has been trained to be a submissive Proverbs 31 wife and tries very hard at it. Her dad has been a regular IBLP embassy speaker for YEARS. She’s very steeped in the koolaid.

I like her dress. She seems like a sweet girl, who is very excited because she just got married. I hope he’s just tired or tired of videoing....or something. 

But I kind of get the feeling in 5 years she’ll be ugly crying while watching it and wondering why he’s never home and is always distant and rarely intimate. 

And in 10 she’ll be chugging wine after her kids are in bed , watching this video and saying to herself m#$&&@! How the hell did I not see this coming ! 

Hope I’m wrong, he’s always seemed like a nice, personable, outgoing kid - which makes that video just a gigantic cringe. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived