IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren Part 8: One Week to the Wedding (Now Married)

Coconut Flan

I am glad she chose an already modest dress and didn't butcher a dress to make it modest, I probably would not choose her dress but I like it, it's simple and she looks pretty. Josiah looks nice in his suit as well. I love their cake, simple but beautiful.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, metheglyn said:

Is that meant to suggest that Lauren's already pregnant? Or are you referring to someone else?

For the record, no one here believes that Josiah and Lauren moved their wedding forward due to a "pregnancy". Everyone here agrees that the so-called New Year's wedding date was purely a placeholder to try to keep the real date a secret. No, we do NOT think Lauren is pregnant. 

If you meant something else, I apologize. We've seen enough speculation on this for it to get very tiring when we all know it's EXCEEDINGLY unlikely to be true.

ETA: If that was meant as a joke, I also apologize for biting your head off on this. It could easily be a comment on what the media is indeed saying, and then yes, that would be funny. On the other hand, if it was a serious implication about L&J pre-wedding, then no, just no.

it was a joke wow. Is this how uptight you guys always are? 

I was just congratulating her on being 3.5 seconds preconception otherwise known as 41 weeks before her due date... Sheesh!

2 minutes ago, SpurgysingsHipHop said:

it was a joke wow. Is this how uptight you guys always are? 

I was just congratulating her on being 3.5 seconds preconception otherwise known as 41 weeks before her due date... Sheesh!

This is how uptight we always are, yes.

I guess thanks to weird pregnancy math then if she gets pregnant right away then later on this could be considered week 1 or 2 of her pregnancy. :pb_lol:

6 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I guess thanks to weird pregnancy math then if she gets pregnant right away then later on this could be considered week 1 or 2 of her pregnancy. :pb_lol:

Seriously, if people would just qualify their 'already pregnant' statements with this one fun fact, we wouldn't have to get so damn uptight! :P 

I think Lawson did a post after Jinger's marrige lamenting the one that got away ... interestingly his new album was just coming out. 

Her dress reminds me of a Pronovias style dress...it actually might be! I called it on the veil.

IDK if it's inspired by Meghan Markle. Simple satin/silk/crepe sheath wedding dresses have been trending for a while now (at least a year)...especially long-sleeve versions. 

@xlurker the picture of the baby kitty and his bigger sibling is just TOO CUTE!!! Adorable baby!!! I mean like just reach in, grab my heart and twist...so damn adorable!!! What a sweetie! 

Her dress reminds me of something Elizabeth Olsen wore to a premiere once.

Spoiler

f5ea5a8694bed7cf0626e80caffafb95.jpg

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Lauren looks like she always looks to me. I agree that Josiah looks sad. But he could just be tired. Or tired of taking photos.

Couldn’t care less about her hair or makeup. Maybe 5% curious about the dress. What I really want to know is who was in the wedding party, if Jinger really travelled to Arkansas less than a month before her due date, and if anyone proposed, gave birth, or fought someone at the reception.

Even the mere possibility of this gives me something to hold on to...

So I just realized that if I would have been married within a year of my college graduation and if I would have had a child the next year I could be mother of the groom! The math is even easier on being Lauren's mom.

How did this happen?

2 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

To be fair, a lot of readers probably don't know or remember who Anna is. And don't the sons-in-law get the same treatment?

That said, I agree that it can be irritating. It's nice to see it reversed sometimes!

2EtwWAL.png?1

I think saying “Josiah’s sister-in-law Anna” would have been sufficient. Especially in this case, considering who she’s married to. 

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

@coffeebean7, Josiah was born in 1996. It's Lauren that was born in 1999. 

But still, yeah. I was in high school, too.

Lauren is a year younger than Sea Filly 1..And I'm in no way, shape or form ready for her to be married anytime soon.

Lauren is very... intense in that video. I made my BF watch it because I couldn’t quite put my finger on it. He wasn’t very helpful though, he just said, “She seems like another typical f*cking fundie.” :pb_lol:

She seems really excited and happy to be married! Josiah? No comment...

When Josiah started talking about how he was making a commitment to 'slow down' during the first year of marriage, I couldn't help but immediately think, "YOU MEAN LIKE SLOWING DOWN IN TERMS OF NOT GETTING HER PREGNANT RIGHT AWAY, RIGHT???" But then he started talking about work stuff and I was like... damn. We'll probably have a special announcement from these two by American Thanksgiving.

dear lord just from the still it looks like she is clinging to him as if he's going to float away

Ok I watched the video and something struck me as quite sad. At the end Josiah says something about how years ago he made the decision to "slow down" for his first year of marriage. Years ago, when he was with Marjorie and expecting to do this all with her and not Lauren. Everything is the same for him except for the girl.

That video was so cringeworthy. She had the fundie stare and fundie voice down for sure. I hope they have better chemistry in their day to day life than they do in this video where their energy levels are totally mismatched. Josiah looks so indifferent.

Lauren reminds me a bit of Anna with her airy voice. It made me uncomfortable.

D96FB39F-27B2-4261-8CA2-BF064FDF47A1.jpeg

I have to say that if Josiah really did marry Lauren simply because he felt it was his duty to settle into fundie man life, then that is so unfair to Lauren and I feel awful for her. Hopefully I’m wrong and he’s more excited than the vibes he’s putting out in these videos and photos.

6 minutes ago, artdecades said:

dear lord just from the still it looks like she is clinging to him as if he's going to float away

She's sort of kneading his arm, isn't she?!

1 minute ago, Nikedagain? said:

She's sort of kneading his arm, isn't she?!

Girlfriend is thirsting for that D. 

I thought Lauren acted completely normal for a happy newlywed in the video. It's her wedding day, presumably she's marrying the man she loves, so of course she's excited, giddy, thrilled! 

Josiah, on the other hand - okay, I'm just going to say it. But behind the spoiler, in case anyone wants to skip a bunch of negativity right now.

Spoiler

He looks miserable. I hope it's just that he's tired. It could be. Or it could be that he is not living the life that he in his heart of hearts truly wants to be living. That he never quite fit in that fundie box, and he's been hounded, brainwashed, and (metaphorically I hope) beaten into submission over the past few years. He is convinced for whatever reason that he needs to be a fundie, and he knows he needs to get married. So here he is, getting married. Doing The Right Thing. Doing what's expected of him. Hoping it will work. It'll have to work. That's just the way it is.

Josiah has always reminded me strongly of Josh. Not at all in the sense that I think Josiah is awful like Josh is, but their personalities seem so similar to me. There was a time when I thought Josiah might do what Josh couldn't do and actually break away. Not necessarily leave fundamentalism entirely, but at least take the plunge and do things differently, build a life that would work for him. When he was courting Marjorie, that seemed like a real possibility. I'm very glad for Marjorie that she didn't marry into this circus, but it seems that whatever happened in the years between their courtship ending and now, Josiah decided he needed to double down and really commit to being a full on fundie. And... that sucks.

I hope that my speculation is totally misguided and that (ideally) Josiah and Lauren are both secretly like 'haha, screw this' and planning to leave fundamentalism together, or (more realistically) happy with the lifestyle they're currently in. I just have a bad feeling about it all.  But again, I hope I'm wrong.

Ok finally getting to see a few pics. Enjoying the many FJ opinions. Got to say Lauren is showing off a nice little figure in that dress! I was expecting a more Disney princess style. Yummy looking cake. Well I do LOVE strawberries. Look forward to seeing some new footage from you all tomorrow!

The anna_g1bson instagram has a story up right now of a woman holding (what looks to be) a bottle of wine, pretending to chug it, and saying "this is what you do after a Duggar wedding." Not sure if it's meant to be snarky but I found it funny (and surprisingly normal for a fundie-adjacent) all the same.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived