IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren Part 8: One Week to the Wedding (Now Married)

Coconut Flan

I feel like Lauren is Anna + Jill. It's her whole look and demeanor. 

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That gun shoots the same ammo as this gun (below). Just because it’s big and black and has accessories on it doesn’t make it any more (or less) deadly than any other .223 rifle. 

59F72286-2EEF-4D0D-BDA3-794D763EE680.jpeg

11 hours ago, kiwi said:

Omg... Lauren has as much personality as a wet fish.... groping at his arm... I watched 20 seconds and was begging for the full minute to be over!! 

Poor Josiah, its a pity his square peg is being shoved in a round hole... 

Also why do they have tables of people sitting down when they dont intend on feeding them a sit down meal?? 

I get that this is a snark site and everyone can say what they'd like, but cracks at young women for being young and excited and even for the pitch of their voices isn't all that original or funny imo. Society in general likes to demean young women this way, and I think it's something that a lot of us would do a lot less of if we were more conscious about it. Accusing a young woman of being vapid isn't new, and I think we can do better (we always seem to for the boys).

16 hours ago, BunnyBee said:

Also those are literally the exact flowers and cascading bouquet I have picked out for my wedding in 5 months, so I will be skipping all the negative comments about her flower choices :laughing-jumpingpurple: 

Same! I have always wanted lots of greenery and the cascading bouquet. These are my favorite Duggar flowers so far. 

32 minutes ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

I agree that the Josiah in this video seems quite different from the Josiah we’ve seen on camera in the past. I’d like to think it’s just the stress of the day or the pressure of having to perform on his wedding night with nothing to refer to but Jim Bob’s LEGO talk and “Intended for Pleasure” by Ed Wheat.

It could also be that now that he’s married and a headship, he thinks has to be more serious. Maybe he saw his old personality as childish and immature and now that he’s a family man he feels he needs to put on a more serious persona. There are so many things it could be that we may never know for sure. I hope it was just nerves/wedding jitters and he isn’t miserable as many have speculated.

Hopefully it’s something like that. Although I really hope he doesn’t change his personality to be super serious headship. That would suck for both of them.

That “Intended for Pleasure” book though - seriously underrated on how thorough it is ! Not the same as actual practice of course - but could definitely help the process along. And there are some secular, experienced, men who could definitely take some tips from it !

It cracks me up that every wedding, people comment on how hair being down “looks unbrushed”...I don’t get it at all. Her hair looks like every millennial woman her age wears it. Most brides want the boho look right now - and it certainly doesn’t mean she needs to brush it. 

1 minute ago, closetcagebaby said:

It cracks me up that every wedding, people comment on how hair being down “looks unbrushed”...I don’t get it at all. Her hair looks like every millennial woman her age wears it. Most brides want the boho look right now - and it certainly doesn’t mean she needs to brush it. 

I am clueless about hair (my own, and other people's), and cupcakes, and flowers, so I often don't comment in the wedding threads.  But I figure that's what they wanted to look like, and they look fine to me.  *shrugs*  

According to this forum it’s already been decided Lauren is an arranged marriage vapid clingy badly dressed  Jill/Anna Clone who dosen’t know how to brush her hair/wear makeup  and will absolutely  Make Josiah  miserable. Did I miss anything?

I hope this young girl isn't reading here.  

Just those grainy shots of the bridesmaids dresses make me roll my eyes. 

In my mind the only justifications for asking for someone to hand-tailor the dresses is if the color or design you have your heart on is something particularly unique.  Maybe you need something altered out of body sensitivity, like for a pregnant bridesmaid.  Maybe you know a woman running a small shop and want to give her some business. 

A simple pinky/peachy dress with a basic modest top and probably slightly longer then knee length skirt?

I am sure they could have easily been ordered online in a hundred different options for a very reasonable cost. 

Asking for help when it’s completely unnecessary? 

She’s Derick Rodrigues. 

10 minutes ago, Fjrocks said:

A simple pinky/peachy dress with a basic modest top and probably slightly longer then knee length skirt?

I am sure they could have easily been ordered online in a hundred different options for a very reasonable cost.  

Let us remember the reactions of the bridal party when Jessa ordered bridesmaid dresses online. 

I just watched the "Josiah is married" video on TLC website  and when it was over I actually said "EW!" out loud. That video made me so SO uncomfortable. I hope they'e more normal and happy in real life than they seem on film.

Traditionally the Brides parents pay for the wedding. The Brides family in this case  do not have Duggar money and she was almost certainly raised if not struggling with a mind toward cutting costs and saving money when she could. If Anna and Jana had no objections, willingly agreed to help her so she could save however many hundreds of dollars on dresses  that may be worn only a few times at best. 

I’m a few pages behind so maybe this has been addressed but her hair is not scraggly. It is down and pinned loosely and it is also quite sleek and healthy looking with loose curls. Maybe you wish she had an updo or don’t like her hairstyle choice but it certainly does not look scraggly to me. 

Sincerely, this girl who has relatively long very unruly hair, does not give a fuck, and knows scraggly. 

2 minutes ago, RubyRei said:

Sincerely, this girl who has relatively long very unruly hair, does not give a fuck, and knows scraggly. 

I have hair, it's on my head. I brushed it this morning. I'm good. 

2 hours ago, Greendoor said:

Josiah, in the couch vid, say he wants to take the first year to get to know her. 

Her reaction to that is pretty funny. (I rewatched the video with the sound off to focus on expressions and body language.)

39 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

According to this forum it’s already been decided Lauren is an arranged marriage vapid clingy badly dressed  Jill/Anna Clone who dosen’t know how to brush her hair/wear makeup  and will absolutely  Make Josiah  miserable. Did I miss anything?

I hope this young girl isn't reading here.  

I guess the point isn’t to say she’s stupid or incapable, but stunted just like her husband. We don’t talk about her shortcomings simply to bash her but to examine - in an at times snarky way - the shortcomings of fundamentalism. 

25 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Traditionally the Brides parents pay for the wedding. The Brides family in this case  do not have Duggar money and she was almost certainly raised if not struggling with a mind toward cutting costs and saving money when she could. If Anna and Jana had no objections, willingly agreed to help her so she could save however many hundreds of dollars on dresses  that may be worn only a few times at best. 

The issue I have with Jana and Anna sewing her bridesmaid dresses is that they were literally raised to put themselves last (remember that weird "JOY" thing that Mee-chelle kept repeating on 19kac). They're not taught to say no when they really don't want to do something. So this is very different from me asking my hypothetical friend if she would want to sew my bridesmaid dresses and and her saying "You know what, JillyO, I would love to help you out but I don't think I have the time right now." I literally can't imagine a scenario where Jana would say "Thanks for asking, Lauren, but I'm too busy with my garden and raising my parents' kids right now. Sorry!"

None of this is Lauren's fault, of course. But it just shows another facet of their fucked-up lifestyle imho.

36 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

Her reaction to that is pretty funny. (I rewatched the video with the sound off to focus on expressions and body language.)

Yup. She definitely pauses with a "wait,what?!" expression before she jumps back into the required fundie-gaze and arm hold. 

I know it's been a few years and some maturation/growth is to be expected, but the Josiah in the wedding video is not the same Josiah in the courting Marjorie video and it's very sad. Especially knowing how normally social and outgoing he is/was. I am awkward in photos and all of my favorite photos of myself are candids that I didn't know about/pose for, so I get that to an extent, but this is something different. His tone sounds defeated and his eyes look sad. It's somewhat heartbreaking. 

13 minutes ago, JillyO said:

The issue I have with Jana and Anna sewing her bridesmaid dresses is that they were literally raised to put themselves last (remember that weird "JOY" thing that Mee-chelle kept repeating on 19kac). They're not taught to say no when they really don't want to do something. So this is very different from me asking my hypothetical friend if she would want to sew my bridesmaid dresses and and her saying "You know what, JillyO, I would love to help you out but I don't think I have the time right now." I literally can't imagine a scenario where Jana would say "Thanks for asking, Lauren, but I'm too busy with my garden and raising my parents' kids right now. Sorry!"

None of this is Lauren's fault, of course. But it just shows another facet of their fucked-up lifestyle imho.

J.O.Y was also a part of my childhood. It was always there in my schooling, but I remember was heavily emphasized in fifth to seventh grades. It made a repeat appearance in some of my college coursework. When I had my first church job, it was pretty much just the way it went. Any deviation was considered selfish and not in line with the mission. To be honest, I still struggle with it somewhat. My husband will call me out on it, but man, it’s realky really hard to say no to people even when it is in my own personal best interest. 

Their engagement announcement video was off. As she gazed in scripted devotion to him, he used distancing language to describe how he knew she was the one: 

"It came upon you, just like, she's the one. This is it. I could tell that we'd work well together, serve well together and yeah, just something that came upon you." 

Im not seeing the warmth or excitement that John David shows toward his woman. 

1 hour ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

Let us remember the reactions of the bridal party when Jessa ordered bridesmaid dresses online. 

See, the dresses themselves I didn't mind, it's just that they seemed more spring-y and less formal than I think Jessa seemed to be going for with her November ballgown wedding. Swap hers and Kendra's BM dresses (which I loved) and we'd be golden. 

18 hours ago, AlltheJs said:

She's been trained to have "a servants heart",  I highly doubt she will be a bridezilla, she's more likely to be makimg her own dress and bridesmaid dresses.

My grandma loved to sew. She did it professionally starting at age 12. She loved to design. 

Sewing makes me a nervous wreck but hopefully Jana likes it. Because her life seems sad to me. 

15 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

That video was so cringeworthy. She had the fundie stare and fundie voice down for sure. I hope they have better chemistry in their day to day life than they do in this video where their energy levels are totally mismatched. Josiah looks so indifferent.

Lauren reminds me a bit of Anna with her airy voice. It made me uncomfortable.

D96FB39F-27B2-4261-8CA2-BF064FDF47A1.jpeg

I have to say that if Josiah really did marry Lauren simply because he felt it was his duty to settle into fundie man life, then that is so unfair to Lauren and I feel awful for her. Hopefully I’m wrong and he’s more excited than the vibes he’s putting out in these videos and photos.

Wow. Look at the grip she has on him. 

14 hours ago, mizandry said:

Well... best of luck to them both. I have a lot to think about with this marriage, but it's not all for FreeJinger.

I noticed Lauren was doing a bit of that eye-fucking thing that Jinger did with Jeremy throughout their courtship, except Josiah doesn't seem to have a reaction to the eye contact other than to turn his head away. She's clinging to his arm like she's trying to get some affection out of him, and it's just not happening. 

Yes. His body language in that video - he's not turned toward her. It's very neutral. 

Their relationship reminds me of Eden & Nick in Handmaiden’s Tale. She’s super clingy and young and he’s... not in to it.

I actually like her hair and makeup and the dress suits her.  The veil is amazing.  The one non-staged picture I saw of Josiah, the one on stage eating cake, he looked more relaxed and carefree.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived