IGNORED

Lori Alexander 49: Immodest, Indiscreet, and Downright Inappropriate

Curious
Message added by Curious

Hi Folks,

New member @Jessesgirl25 got off to a bit of a rough start here, but things have settled down so if you are reading the beginning of her posts please read the rest of the thread before deciding to respond.   I know people will be catching up for a couple days and I am as guilty as anyone of replying as you read (which I did tonight and should know better than to do by now), but if you could try to keep in mind there was some miscommunication and not fully understanding forum etiquette at the beginning and hold your responses until you are caught up that should save us more fighting that is probably unnecessary.

Thanks,
~C

3 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

Are these all people that went bat shit or something? lol

Nah, that would be an insult to bats... :lol:

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

You have so, so much to look forward to in the days and weeks to  come... :laughing-rolling:

2 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Yup. And when you finally get through the backup, you find out it was caused not by an accident but by people braking to a near stop before entering the tunnel. :pulling_hair:

No bullshit there! I didn't like the tunnels much either but my solution is to put the pedal to the floor and get out of it FAST! I think there should be penalties for not maintaining 55mph at the tunnel entrance. Make it a huge ass fine, 5 points on your licence, "causing a traffic jam" would be the charge. You'd think VA would jump all over that one, I mean they're a bunch of money-grubbing fucks anyway. Did they ever implement the tolls on the midtown and downtown tunnels? I'm so old I remember tolls on the HRBT and the old Rt 44 (now 264) at every off ramp and the big toll plaza at the oceanfront. 

1 minute ago, feministxtian said:

No bullshit there! I didn't like the tunnels much either but my solution is to put the pedal to the floor and get out of it FAST! I think there should be penalties for not maintaining 55mph at the tunnel entrance. Make it a huge ass fine, 5 points on your licence, "causing a traffic jam" would be the charge. You'd think VA would jump all over that one, I mean they're a bunch of money-grubbing fucks anyway. Did they ever implement the tolls on the midtown and downtown tunnels? I'm so old I remember tolls on the HRBT and the old Rt 44 (now 264) at every off ramp and the big toll plaza at the oceanfront. 

Yes, they did, and you have to have an EZ Pass now. If you don't, they take a pic of your license plate and then charge you something like double, PLUS a fine. It's insane.

It will always be 44 to us Virginia Beach old-timers. :pb_lol:

You all are tough drivers! My reaction to fear is not speeding up! But if you have to do it every day, I guess you get used to it. Under your plan, I’d lose my license in a week. Or maybe have endless accidents.

Further proof FJ people are amazing! Now I’m slightly scared of encountering you in a car....

27 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

Here's the short version of who (what?) Romeo Rose is. 

Ms. Graveyard Dirt (i.e., the roast sitter) is not easily defined. But she describes herself thusly: 

Ms. Graveyard Dirt is an Aries (with Pisces and Mercury in her moon and Leo as her ascent) born at Resurrection Hospital during the year of the monkey. Almost nun, devil worshipper, ecstatic harlot, maenad, sacred whore, virgin bride and unrelenting, semi-feral wild woman. Witch; the fairy tale, man-eating kind.

She also likes putting her hair and bodily fluids (of all kinds) in the food she prepares as some kind of magic thing, playing with roadkill, urinating on errrrything, and basically being all manners of icky.

1 hour ago, refugee said:

Ooooo! What would the British fixings be? I would love to be able to pleasantly surprise someone from the UK. Have made them an English breakfast to the best of my ability (fried bread, fried tomatoes, bacon, beans, and eggs—no black pudding or whatever it’s called), but it would be cool to surprise them with a chicken dinner.

I make roast potatoes and parsnips, Yorkshire puddings, sage and onion stuffing, two or three vegetables and gravy..Not pink ween gravy but the weak watery stuff you get from using OXO or Bovril cubes.

Re swearing..French tends to have a lot of religious based swearing while English round here tends to the more usual words..like this  in Bon Cop Bad Cop

Spoiler

34 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I think there should be penalties for not maintaining 55mph at the tunnel entrance. Make it a huge ass fine, 5 points on your licence, "causing a traffic jam" would be the charge. 

Can we add to this people who stop at green lights, people that drive under the speed limit, people that let everyone and their brother into the lane, and the one I regularly encounter- the left lane driver. Kentucky has a warning that the left lane is for passing only and fines will be given. They must be serious because that was the clearest left lane I have ever seen! 

I hope you had a great day today! 

9 minutes ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

You all are tough drivers! My reaction to fear is not speeding up! But if you have to do it every day, I guess you get used to it. Under your plan, I’d lose my license in a week. Or maybe have endless accidents.

Further proof FJ people are amazing! Now I’m slightly scared of encountering you in a car....

You get used to it. I remember the first time I drove in a metro area- I was a nervous wreck. I quickly learned that if I wanted to survive, I would have to step on it or be run over.

I will admit though, that I have a lead foot. I’ve also haven’t always been as polite as I should be when I’ve been pulled over. 

I swear quite a bit now especially within the last year I've learned to pepper them in quite nicely. I have rules though. I don't say God's name in vain, ever. I try not to cuss at people, doesn't always work but I try. I don't really call women bitches and never the "c" word. I only cuss in front of certain people like close friends. Never in front of grandma. Grandma is short, German, and scary so I try not to cross her. 

2 hours ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

The whole “winning him without words” has proven to be much harder than it sounds

It won't work. As Lori Alexander likes to say, it isn't "biblical". He is responsible for his own spiritual condition. You are not Jesus. 

Just now, Sarah92 said:

I don't say God's name in vain, ever.

How do you define this? I'm genuinely curious.

25 minutes ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

I'm a pretty good driver. I think I mentioned it in one of the JRod threads after the SEVERE accident...I was taught how to really drive by my then-boyfriend's uncle who was a Virginia State Trooper. We also used to do all sorts of stupid road racing back in the dark ages. I'm not an aggressive driver, I don't tailgate or anything like that, but I LOVE driving fast. Took my 'stang out to the track a couple of years ago for a charity event and hit 120 on the straightaways. Probably could have gone faster but Mr. Xtian was getting a bit nervous b/c I was driving fast, smoking a ciggie and fucking with the radio all at the same time (when I say nervous, I mean he was pale, sweating and starting to shake). I do better on the freeway than I do around town though...it's easier to keep track of the cars around you. 

40 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Yes, they did, and you have to have an EZ Pass now. If you don't, they take a pic of your license plate and then charge you something like double, PLUS a fine. It's insane.

It will always be 44 to us Virginia Beach old-timers. :pb_lol:

At the risk of doxxing myself, Mr. Bonkers  has family in the Hampton Roads area. He went home to visit, went through a toll, and BAM, we got a bill in the mail. Now mind you, this bill didn't come forwarded from the address on his drivers license, it came right to our new address. 

I'm scared.

4 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

It won't work. As Lori Alexander likes to say, it isn't "biblical". He is responsible for his own spiritual condition. You are not Jesus. 

How do you define this? I'm genuinely curious.

According to 1 Peter 3:1, it has the possibility of helping. I don’t always do my best at being a good example of believing in God or following what the Bible says. Therefore I probably don’t make it look so appealing. That applies to more than just marriages though as well. 

So after working a 12 hour shift today, my third one in a row, I made fried chicken strips that I fried myself and made from scratch mashed potatoes. What did you make Lori? 

Whats everyone else having?

2 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

So after working a 12 hour shift today, my third one in a row, I made fried chicken strips that I fried myself and made from scratch mashed potatoes. What did you make Lori? 

I stood over the stove and ate chicken rice straight out of the pan, lol. One of those days! 

I made crab cakes and roasted broccoli. Heathen that I am, I need to be more discerning with the crab meat! :my_biggrin:  I may have missed some cartilage. 

5 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Hamburgers again!  We made 5 or so patties and we've been eating them since.  We finished them tonight and I'm glad because I do get tired of the same thing for very long, but they had been in the freezer for a while and we wanted to eat them before they dried into hockey pucks. :)

I was about 11 pages behind, I read through very fast up to about page 15 and then gave up and just skipped to the end, which is this page at the moment.  I'm sure I've missed a lot!

7 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

At the risk of doxxing myself, Mr. Bonkers  has family in the Hampton Roads area. He went home to visit, went through a toll, and BAM, we got a bill in the mail. Now mind you, this bill didn't come forwarded from the address on his drivers license, it came right to our new address. 

I'm scared.

When we moved ~6 years ago, we got voter's registration cards in the mail, unrequested, with our new addies on them. I expected to have to go to the DMV or at least get online and change the address, but nope. It was ... disconcerting? 

@Lgirlrocks, I hate to say it, but we had, sigh, big salads. lol. 

4 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

That works. Consider yourself welcomed by me!  I'm interested in yout point of view. Seems different from mine,and that's OK. Different opinions make me pause and reevaluate my own, I admit to the possibility of being wrong now and then! 

Thank you! 

2 hours ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

That is probably the weirdest thing I’ve read since being here! What in thee hail?!? Hahahahaaa! Sorry if that was serious to anyone here but being the newbster here, that sounds incredibly funny. 

The Naugler or as we affectionately refer to it Poopistan is a very special place.  Reader's digest version a large family living in a garden shed with no plumbing, electricity or water who call it homesteading.  The kids were briefly removed by CPS in 2015 when they were living in a 3 sided lean-to type structure.

They shit in white 5 gallon buckets and dump them in a literal shit pile on the land.  

Dildogate was maybe not even in the top 5 of weird that has happened since we started discussing them shortly after the kids were removed.

Dinner tonight? I just ate a sandwich. I have a screaming headache and feel pretty much like collapsing in bed. I took a shower in an effort to cool off and it ain't working. Didn't bother drying my hair either. I'll deal with the hair in the morning...damp brush, hair dryer, curling iron and hairspray and I'll be good to go. Don't have to be at work until 8 so it's not like I'll have to get up at the asscrack of dawn. 

@Frog99 what genres?

3 minutes ago, Curious said:

The Naugler or as we affectionately refer to it Poopistan is a very special place.  Reader's digest version a large family living in a garden shed with no plumbing, electricity or water who call it homesteading.  The kids were briefly removed by CPS in 2015 when they were living in a 3 sided lean-to type structure.

They shit in white 5 gallon buckets and dump them in a literal shit pile on the land.  

Dildogate was maybe not even in the top 5 of weird that has happened since we started discussing them shortly after the kids were removed.

That reminds me of a “documentary” I watched once called The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia. If you have not watched it, I recommend it. At least once. Lol

33 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I had to work late- had a meeting to facilitate. DH also had to work late. Kids went with my parents and had dinner with them. DH and I are having taco bowl leftovers from Friday night (leftovers here are often discarded- I have weird food hang ups so I’m feeling especially proud of myself). 

Oh- and I’m having a beer (and just might have a second)- Fat Tire is tonight’s choice. 

11 minutes ago, Curious said:

@Frog99 what genres?

I’m open to anything but naturally trend to true crime or mysteries, comedy, and documentaries. I like suspense and well developed characters- I can’t do mindless. 

We just finished Evil Genius and really liked it. I’ve watched one episode of “Dear White People”- it was funny- just not sure if I want to commit. 

I need to stick with “Handmaid’s Tale”. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived