IGNORED

Lori Alexander 49: Immodest, Indiscreet, and Downright Inappropriate

Curious
Message added by Curious

Hi Folks,

New member @Jessesgirl25 got off to a bit of a rough start here, but things have settled down so if you are reading the beginning of her posts please read the rest of the thread before deciding to respond.   I know people will be catching up for a couple days and I am as guilty as anyone of replying as you read (which I did tonight and should know better than to do by now), but if you could try to keep in mind there was some miscommunication and not fully understanding forum etiquette at the beginning and hold your responses until you are caught up that should save us more fighting that is probably unnecessary.

Thanks,
~C

I'm usually okay with most tunnels and bridges, but traveling down the western side of the Blue Mountains in eastern Oregon can be daunting. Going down such a steep grade on a interstate freeway with such a long view to the horizon makes me a little afraid of heights. I focus on closer things and ignore the long views and I do okay. Better than my husband, anyway. That stretch of I-84 really messes with his head. :)

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had Dairy Queen because we spent all night tearing up the house trying to find my SS card for work tomorrow. Never found it. :( Goong to go apply for a replacement tomorrow. 

58 minutes ago, Curious said:

If this is too personal feel free to ignore it.  Is your husband an atheist? Agnostic? Something else?

I think it would maybe make a difference in both how much chance you have to bring him to Christ. 

I am a very lapsed Catholic who is somewhere between agnostic and atheist (leaning more atheist since my brief death if I'm honest with myself).  I believe there may be more than just us turning to dust, but I don't think I believe in one higher power.  FTR, I did not leave the church over disbelief but over things the church believes/professes like no birth control, anti choice and things like that.  I refused to be confirmed because I felt it was hypocritical to do so when I disagreed with major church policies.   The older I've gotten the more I've veered from belief as well.

Anyway, if your husband is an atheist I think it would be very hard to bring him to someone he does not believe exists and I could see you trying to move him that way possibly becoming a big wedge issue over time.   That s just my opinion, obviously I don't really know you yet and your husband even less.

If it were me, I tink I would try to make peace with his nonbelief and try to be happy in my own faith. I would still pray for him, but I wouldn't try to force him into patrichary.  If he doesn't want to always lead that ok.  If he wants you  wear things you don't feel comfortable in explain why you don't want to wear them and wear what makes YOU comfortable.   Maybe wear what he likes when you are home or to give him a nice treat when he comes home from work a couple times a month or something.

As adults you should be able to work out compromises that keep you both happy the majority of the time :)

He's agnostic. 

I can live with him not wanting to lead, it's more so the thought of his soul being in eternal damnation. As a Christian. that is a helluva scary thought. 

As far as wardrobe choice, I was wearing the things he liked before approaching LA about it. It was just something to get off my heart and find out if it was okay. Although, I am 4 kids later in my physique so I feel a teensy bit more self conscious than I used too, lol! 

19 minutes ago, CelticGoddess said:

I'm more than willing and would also like to apologize.  I have been enjoying your posts today.  Welcome.  

Thank you and an apology to you as well!

6 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I'm usually okay with most tunnels and bridges, but traveling down the western side of the Blue Mountains in eastern Oregon can be daunting. Going down such a steep grade on a interstate freeway with such a long view to the horizon makes me a little afraid of heights. I focus on closer things and ignore the long views and I do okay. Better than my husband, anyway. That stretch of I-84 really messes with his head. :)

Mountains are a different thing. I'm a flatlander, and driving in Arizona freaked me out, I just kept my eyes straight ahead and gripped the wheel for dear life. Not even a glance at the drop-off.

This has been a day and a half, so I am totally not caught up.  That said, remember I posted all of those (downright scary) quotes by Diamond In the Rough, the other day?

Well, it seems she's no stranger to child protective services:

disgusting.PNG.b3395ec7e983b53ea5baaa6d970eb955.PNG

Yes, that's a smiley she posted, and yes, she totally told child protection workers to go fly a kite.  And so the abuse continues...

7 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

it's more so the thought of his soul being in eternal damnation.

As a Christian, I left eternal damnation behind. Doesn't square with the loving God that I believe in. It is a concept used by religions to control people. Jesus said his yoke is easy and his burden is light, and fear of eternal damnation is a very heavy burden indeed. I have joy, not fear. 

Dinner tonight- Baked ziti (one of the freezer meals I made), oven roasted mixed veggies, french bread. 

Currently: fighting the urge to have ice-cream.

22 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

Hey, hey, hey, that's my home state you mock...and it's kinda true. I got my education and left the state. Only return to visit my family still there. 

I'm your neighbor so it's all good. Ha! Ha! Pretty drives through there in the fall. 

3 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

As a Christian, I left eternal damnation behind. Doesn't square with the loving God that I believe in. It is a concept used by religions to control people. Jesus said his yoke is easy and his burden is light, and fear of eternal damnation is a very heavy burden indeed. I have joy, not fear. 

Truth.

1 minute ago, Koala said:

Dinner tonight- Baked ziti (one of the freezer meals I made), oven roasted mixed veggies, french bread. 

Don't fight it! I just had vanilla ice cream topped with cherry pie filling. So good!

@EowynW

If you have a passport, that is I-9 compliant without the need for a SS card. Also, the employer cannot require which IDs on the I-9 you choose to utilize.

4 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Don't fight it! I just had vanilla ice cream topped with cherry pie filling. So good!

That does sound good.  And I didn't fight it.  Ran to the freezer, came back and started reading :pb_lol:

7 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

@EowynW

If you have a passport, that is I-9 compliant without the need for a SS card. Also, the employer cannot require which IDs on the I-9 you choose to utilize.

I do not. But I do have my DL & birth certificate, which is supposed to be I-9 compliant according to my research. I can get a temp SS card on Wed. so I'm making myself not stress about I

8 minutes ago, Koala said:

I made cookies today - 40 made it to the box to mail to my grandkids, and 4 ended up in front of me. 

There are two left.

12 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Yes!  I too left that behind.  Filed it under " Catholic feelings I no longer have".  Otherwise, ehat is the point of our Earthly lives?  To be constantly threatened by God?  Why?  I believe we are here to live, love and learn soul lessons.  Not all these threats and rules that are man made.  Faith is a beautiful thing.  Not a threat of hell. Imo.

2 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

How do you define this? I'm genuinely curious.

Oh saying things like G-ddamnit, J.H. Christ, etc. I always say Omgosh, dearest goodness, or oh Lord Fraquaad (from shrek) or something equally ridiculous. Its just never something I added to my vocabulary so it never really an issue and doesn't feel unnatural to me. Instead of telling people to go to hell, I tell them to go jump in a puddle because next to hell, soggy pant bottoms and shoes are the worst lol jk. Although I don't really ever tell people such things because I'm too laid back and shy. Its a personal performance and I believe a commandment. But I'm not super judgey when others do it.  

For dinner: pan-fried chicken and broccoli because I wanted something light after my lunch of ramen noodles. I caved to my roman noodle craving ugh but they tasted so good. Also bacon wrapped dates with a maple balsamic vinaigrette 

4 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Its a personal performance and I believe a commandment.

What's the commandment? I say damn sometimes as a singular word, and go to hades. I may say Lord have mercy, but not with a cussing intonation. I am not legalistic and don't worry too much about cussing. 

My son's BFF's twin sister has the best cussing system ever!  She'll say " you rainbow unicorn!" or " go take a nice walk on the beach!"  Or "well, yeah, pudding is delicious!" Said all super bitchy like.  I think it's hysterical and quite smart!  

2 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

What's the commandment? I say damn sometimes as a singular word, and go to hades. I may say Lord have mercy, but not with a cussing intonation. I am not legalistic and don't worry too much about cussing. 

Exodus 20:7 - "You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name". However, if one looks into it technically doing something in God's name that is wrong would fall under this (a.k.a those who commit abuse in God's name i.e. Lori). It's just the way I was raised so it feels icky in my mouth. However, I don't really have any problem with cussing in general although it's not something I like to see around children or directed at children, done in an abusive manner, or around others it would be disrespectful. 

If it's real, I'd love to know why.  It's my first real* one!  Do tell :D

*when FU first came to be, we all thought it funny, even a bit shocking.  So I offered to have a try at it on me, no worries, have fun!.  So few did!  Like 2, maybe 3. Y'all are too sweet!  Lol

Couple random things

Because we used to be very active in a national dog club rescue we have had a lot of pets pass away.  One thing that really helps me is the thought that I will meet them again at the Rainbow Bridge.   So when I died and saw just black nothingness, when I woke up I was PISSED AS FUCK that neither my passed away "heart" dog or cat had come to meet me.   I mean I was seriously upset with them. Once I was off the vent and could talk, I spent a bit of time telling my husband how upset I was. I comfort myself by thinking I just wasn't dead long enough/it wasn't my time so they didn't bother to make the trek since I wasn't staying. 

I like both "I hope you step on a lego while barefoot" or "I hope a dragon eats you!"   The dragon one came from a former member's 4-year-old and I thought that was just the best so stole it ;)

Never pass up ice cream.  I am definitely going to try the vanilla with cherry pie filling on a big cheat day.  My current favorite is Ben and Jerry's Cinnamon Bun (maybe Cinnamon Roll).  I'm on a big cinnamon kick lately.

14 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

@Kailash Perhaps an accident?

It took me a full 10 minutes to figure out what this was about.  Been a member for 5 years and has one post.   It's pretty hard to accidentally hit that particular reaction. I suggest we ignore it and move along like it never happened because it's not worth anyone's time to get upset over someone that has "taken" from the community for 5 years and never given anything back.

This is likely unfair, but the account was registered the day we reopened registrations after the transition so color me suspicious.

A couple of our local ice creameries do cardamom ice cream. It is my current obsession. I like spice ice creams with hot fudge even more.

6 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

A couple of our local ice creameries do cardamom ice cream. It is my current obsession. I like spice ice creams with hot fudge even more.

It isn't as unusual as cardamom, but I've been thinking about lime sherbet lately. It's always nice in hot weather.

I miss the ice cream shop here that had Junior Mints and other candy in their fresh made ice cream. We would each get a cone and sit outside the downtown shop and watch the high school kids "cruise" the main street. It was funny to watch! I don't think they do that anymore.

Have any of y'all who like a bit of spice in their icecream tried Mayan Mochas? My local coffee shop did mochas with a bit of cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Pretty good in frappe form. Just a bit of a kick. 

This talk of icecream made me go eat the rest in my freezer. Brownie fudge and it was delicious 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived