IGNORED

Lori Alexander 49: Immodest, Indiscreet, and Downright Inappropriate

Curious
Message added by Curious

Hi Folks,

New member @Jessesgirl25 got off to a bit of a rough start here, but things have settled down so if you are reading the beginning of her posts please read the rest of the thread before deciding to respond.   I know people will be catching up for a couple days and I am as guilty as anyone of replying as you read (which I did tonight and should know better than to do by now), but if you could try to keep in mind there was some miscommunication and not fully understanding forum etiquette at the beginning and hold your responses until you are caught up that should save us more fighting that is probably unnecessary.

Thanks,
~C

18 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

Case in point, a lot of what I posted here makes me cringe. But it’s really only the “big ones” that really get to me. There’s funny bone curse words, stub your toe curse words and slam your hand in the door curse words at my house, lol. I try to refrain from slam the door ones! 

I usually stick to swearing in my head, or sometimes in another language out loud. (To keep my kids from learning words that would get them in trouble, especially at school.) I also enjoy swearing "in character" sometimes, using the made-up swear words from Farscape, the sci-fi series with John Crichton that inspired my user name. It's can be a bit hypocritical, but I'm a work in progress and I find that it works better for me to change my attitude first, then my actions. For example, if someone cuts me off in traffic, I try to work through my thoughts and feelings without the swearing. Now, on a bad traffic day, I don't have time to do that with each bad driver! :censored:

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Koala
 I was doing some evil window shopping at TJ Maxx and this mug made me think of you.  you are koalafied to speak about Lori, actually Overkoalafied. So, here is my virtual gift to you. You have a PhD in all things Lori.

20180625_182910.jpg

@WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?, your statement about swearing in other languages reminded me about some tea towels I made for my brother that said "mierda" and "scheisse". SUPER classy.

Gosh I wish I could get my vinyl cutter working again!

5 minutes ago, Curious said:

*sigh*  Deb, Sally (and maybe Lisa and Al) decided it would be HI-LAR-E-US to post a picture (from Deb's, unknown to us at that time,  sock account) of a double ended dildo sort of wrapped around a beehive soap and say that she had been sent the package unrequested from their stupid soap company.  This was maybe a week or 2 after a member here discovered that the "homemade" soap there were selling was really wholesale soap ordered from Bulk Apocathary (I think that's the right name).

~snip~

I found it. Epic weirdness!  :pb_eek:

2 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

@WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?, your statement about swearing in other languages reminded me about some tea towels I made for my brother that said "mierda" and "scheisse". SUPER classy.

Gosh I wish I could get my vinyl cutter working again!

"Schiesse" has escaped my lips a few times this week. :my_biggrin: I just have to avoid swearing in Spanish, because there are many kids fluent in Spanish at my kids' school.

3 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Now, on a bad traffic day, I don't have time to do that with each bad driver! 

My current commute is about 30 minutes/11-ish miles. I'm eventually going to have to work out the cuss words per minute rate. I'll admit I'm a bit paranoid when cars come up next to me (something about getting sideswiped 14 months ago). I'm trying to work through that, even though a car coming up on either side (3 traffic lanes) can make me feel a little panicky. Hubs didn't help any by not forcing me to drive while I was out of work. He'd take me wherever I needed to go. I mean, I appreciate it but honestly, he did me no favors. Understand I will NEVER EVER tell him that because it would hurt his feelings, and that's the LAST thing I want to do. I love that he's so protective of me since the accident that he'd rather inconvenience himself than stay home worrying about me. 

1 minute ago, delphinium65 said:

I found it. Epic weirdness!  :pb_eek:

yes, it was.  There are about 2 whole threads that are virtually nothing but talking about the cult stuff, which was actually pretty entertaining and shows me that our members clearly don't know what a cult actually is because the list of demands to join the cult were quite extreme in some cases.

Fortunately, I am a benevolent Transcendent Fluffy Bunny and naturally allowed everyone to have everything they wanted ;)

@feministxtian, I'm fortunate that I've never been in an accident as bad as yours, but after my car got rear-ended twice in one week a few years ago, I got very concerned by cars following too closely. I try to remember you in my prayers, for healing in your body, and success in your life, and your husband's life. :my_heart: (I pray, but I'm absent minded.)

Speaking of praying, that's another thing Lori never does or at least never talks about.   So many people ask her questions about their various issues and she NEVER offers to pray for anyone.   I guess if you aren't sincere (which she is obviously not) you don't want to give people the impression you are praying for them, but for someone who is supposed to mentor women it seems odd.

She never talks about her "prayer chain."  I remember when I was a kid and my parents (our family I guess really) was on the prayer chain.  We would get random calls and had a pad of paper by the phone for notes so everyone could see what all was on the prayer list at all times.  Whoever answered the phone and took the prayer request called the next person down the chain and so on until the entire chain had the newest request(s).

I've seen similar things with religious people online, but never from Lori.

11 minutes ago, Curious said:

*sigh*  Deb, Sally (and maybe Lisa and Al) decided it would be HI-LAR-E-US to post a picture (from Deb's, unknown to us at that time,  sock account) of a double ended dildo sort of wrapped around a beehive soap and say that she had been sent the package unrequested from their stupid soap company.  This was maybe a week or 2 after a member here discovered that the "homemade" soap there were selling was really wholesale soap ordered from Bulk Apocathary (I think that's the right name).

As you can imagine, member here who had NO reason to distrust a 2 year old account with about 50 posts, none of which were out of line in any way, were righteously offended.  The responses still weren't OTT enough for Deb/Sally and Co. so they upped the anti by Deb posting that her husband was blaming HER for the order and was really mad about it.

*That,* of course, got a much stronger reaction from FJ members.   A member here was in a secret fb group with D/S/et al (it's always a fucking secret fb group!) and realized it was them "pranking" us and told us.

Then all hell really broke loose.  Sally doxxed our member and also started posting screenshots from the member's only Naugler forum.  We banned Deb, Sally, Al and Lisa as soon as the doxing happened/ss happened.  Viv was doxxed the next day when she hadn't logged in for 5 months and suddenly did after all the others were banned.

Sally then posted eleventy billion posts over like 3 days about how evil we were and that FJ is a cult, which is why you may see people talking about the FJ Cult on various threads (and my location) and basically they finally got tired after they embarrassed themselves sufficiently while we all made up rules for the FJ Cult and basically mostly ignored them.

I think that about covers it.   I'm sure others can fill in the rest if I've missed anything.  Basically, it was butt hurt anti-nauglers upset we called them out on being no better than the nauglers and wasting a few days of their lives trying to stir up a posse against FJ, which historically has never worked out very well for the people trying to do it and didn't work out very well for them either.   As far as I'm aware they have moved on to another family and given up on targeting FJ.  I honestly don't read Sally's blog because she is an unreliable narrator and a liar.

Hoo boy. I'm sorry/not sorry I missed all that. Thank you for the explanation, you didn't have to do that but I appreciate it!   :romance-heartsthree:

22 minutes ago, Curious said:

As you can imagine, member here who had NO reason to distrust a 2 year old account with about 50 posts, none of which were out of line in any way, were righteously offended.  The responses still weren't OTT enough for Deb/Sally and Co. so they upped the anti by Deb posting that her husband was blaming HER for the order and was really mad about it.

*That,* of course, got a much stronger reaction from FJ members.   A member here was in a secret fb group with D/S/et al (it's always a fucking secret fb group!) and realized it was them "pranking" us and told us.

Then all hell really broke loose.  Sally doxxed our member and also started posting screenshots from the member's only Naugler forum.  We banned Deb, Sally, Al and Lisa as soon as the doxing happened/ss happened.  Viv was doxxed the next day when she hadn't logged in for 5 months and suddenly did after all the others were banned.

Sally then posted eleventy billion posts over like 3 days about how evil we were and that FJ is a cult, which is why you may see people talking about the FJ Cult on various threads (and my location) and basically they finally got tired after they embarrassed themselves sufficiently while we all made up rules for the FJ Cult and basically mostly ignored them.

I think that about covers it.   I'm sure others can fill in the rest if I've missed anything.  Basically, it was butt hurt anti-nauglers upset we called them out on being no better than the nauglers and wasting a few days of their lives trying to stir up a posse against FJ, which historically has never worked out very well for the people trying to do it and didn't work out very well for them either.   As far as I'm aware they have moved on to another family and given up on targeting FJ.  I honestly don't read Sally's blog because she is an unreliable narrator and a liar.

That is probably the weirdest thing I’ve read since being here! What in thee hail?!? Hahahahaaa! Sorry if that was serious to anyone here but being the newbster here, that sounds incredibly funny. 

19 hours ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

In my experience so far and sometimes I take the meat of what she is saying and spit out the bones, it has helped me. I used to get upset about stupid little things and nag and just be plain out miserable but once I let go of what I thought marriage should be and trusted that I married a good man and I treated him like I wanted to be treated, it changed. 

Oh I’m sorry. Just a mistake, not a lie. My apologies. 

Yikes. I used to think that way, that I could take the meat and spit out the bones, so to speak. After seeing my marriage, my kids, and my own life nearly destroyed by good-faith following such “godly” teachings as Lori’s, I realized that meat is TAINTED, like meat laced with cyanide, or like the mouse that ate rat poison and then it killed a relative’s cat when the cat caught and ate the poisoned but still-living mouse... (at least, from the cat’s symptoms, that’s what we figured out happened).

That meat so ain’t safe.

The road to hell really is paved with good intentions. 

7 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

That is probably the weirdest thing I’ve read since being here! What in thee hail?!? Hahahahaaa! Sorry if that was serious to anyone here but being the newbster here, that sounds incredibly funny. 

Wait til you check out Bro. Gary!  Start at the beginning, of course. ; )

5 minutes ago, refugee said:

...or like the mouse that ate rat poison and then it killed a relative’s cat when the cat caught and ate the poisoned but still-living mouse... (at least, from the cat’s symptoms, that’s what we figured out happened).

Totally a side note, but if that ever happens to anyone's cat or dog and you figure it out early enough, rush the pet to a veterinary clinic asap. The vet can give the pet an injection to counteract the poison's effects. D-con works by causing internal bleeding in an animal that eats it, and any animal that eats that animal will bleed internally, too. A vitamin K injection can help the pet stop bleeding internally.

I understand why people use D-con, but it's important to be very careful with it, and be aware of any risk of kids or pets getting ahold of it.

10 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

That is definitely way up there in weirdness, but believe it or not there are weirder things on FJ.  You'll find them in good time.  Hint: Vine Valley, lettuce cutters and Romeo Rose... :562479b0cbc9f_whistle1:

33 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I usually stick to swearing in my head, or sometimes in another language out loud. (To keep my kids from learning words that would get them in trouble, especially at school.) I also enjoy swearing "in character" sometimes, using the made-up swear words from Farscape, the sci-fi series with John Crichton that inspired my user name. It's can be a bit hypocritical, but I'm a work in progress and I find that it works better for me to change my attitude first, then my actions. For example, if someone cuts me off in traffic, I try to work through my thoughts and feelings without the swearing. Now, on a bad traffic day, I don't have time to do that with each bad driver! :censored:

I generally don’t use curse words, but in traffic all bets are off. 

I know we do thread drifts for food- I need a new Netflix or Hulu series. Suggestions? 

1 hour ago, AuntKrazy said:

@Jessesgirl25

I personally get snarky and angry about Lori because she personifies a lot of the qualities that were so extreme and damaging to my own faith, and that I have had to work through in order to even return to church.  At one point, going into a church resulted in panic attacks for me.  I critique her "ministry" because I have no wish for others to suffer what I did, and because, in a lot of ways, it's personally still cathartic and healing for me to identify what is wrong with it and advocate something else.  

This is me, too. 

1 minute ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Totally a side note, but if that ever happens to anyone's cat or dog and you figure it out early enough, rush the pet to a veterinary clinic asap. The vet can give the pet an injection to counteract the poison's effects. D-con works by causing internal bleeding in an animal that eats it, and any animal that eats that animal will bleed internally, too. A vitamin K injection can help the pet stop bleeding internally.

I understand why people use D-con, but it's important to be very careful with it, and be aware of any risk of kids or pets getting ahold of it.

Unfortunately, we figured it out post mortem over the phone. Relative was mourning the cat’s death, and mentioned thinking it odd that they kept finding the cat in the bathtub that day, and it just clicked for me. D-conned mice seek out water sources. It seemed logical the cat was doing the same. Poor cat. He was a great mouser.

Relative never used D-con but the cat might have caught a mouse that got poisoned by a neighbor.

4 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

...and Romeo Rose... 

Can I have a bigger hint for this one? Pretty please! 

4 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I literally couldn't describe him in less than three single spaced pages.

I think this was the begnning, though I could be wrong: 

Good luck!

33 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

My current commute is about 30 minutes/11-ish miles. I'm eventually going to have to work out the cuss words per minute rate. I'll admit I'm a bit paranoid when cars come up next to me (something about getting sideswiped 14 months ago). I'm trying to work through that, even though a car coming up on either side (3 traffic lanes) can make me feel a little panicky. Hubs didn't help any by not forcing me to drive while I was out of work. He'd take me wherever I needed to go. I mean, I appreciate it but honestly, he did me no favors. Understand I will NEVER EVER tell him that because it would hurt his feelings, and that's the LAST thing I want to do. I love that he's so protective of me since the accident that he'd rather inconvenience himself than stay home worrying about me. 

I’ve only been in small accidents & I still hate driving in 3 or more lanes of traffic. Seattle is one place I refuse to drive because it seemsto take all multi-lane highways to get anywhere. My in-laws live there.. NYC is a place where I visit at least 4 times a year & that is easier to drive than Seattle, in my opinion. NYC traffic is usually slow because it is crowded. Approaching NYC and Long Island is also crazy, with multi-lane highways. But I have to do it so I cope. The worst is multi-lane tunnels! I hate being surrounded by fast vehicles, add in claustrophobic & I always bite my teeth & cry a little in big tunnels. It is so scary. Some are miles long! Its torture.

32 minutes ago, Curious said:

Speaking of praying, that's another thing Lori never does or at least never talks about.   So many people ask her questions about their various issues and she NEVER offers to pray for anyone.   I guess if you aren't sincere (which she is obviously not) you don't want to give people the impression you are praying for them, but for someone who is supposed to mentor women it seems odd.

She never talks about her "prayer chain."  I remember when I was a kid and my parents (our family I guess really) was on the prayer chain.  We would get random calls and had a pad of paper by the phone for notes so everyone could see what all was on the prayer list at all times.  Whoever answered the phone and took the prayer request called the next person down the chain and so on until the entire chain had the newest request(s).

I've seen similar things with religious people online, but never from Lori.

That's actually what got me banned, lol. 

A woman posted about several awful things that had happened to her, and all she asked Lori for was "prayers." And Lori responded with her typical, standard, flippant "how tragic." It sent me over the edge and I asked her, "She asked for prayers not pity -- can't you at least spend a few moments praying like she asked?" Zap. Gone almost as soon as I hit enter. Banned to this day, lol. 

9 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

OH MY GOD. Romeo Rose! Horse-faced, giant-plastic-toothed dude who walked around wearing frilly shirts and some elderly woman's drapery demanding that a gorgeous woman (not just a woman or even an attractive woman -- she had to be GORGEOUS) give up everything just to be his KWANE. 

So many nopes. All the nopes in all the world.

18 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

That is definitely way up there in weirdness, but believe it or not there are weirder things on FJ.  You'll find them in good time.  Hint: Vine Valley, lettuce cutters and Romeo Rose... :562479b0cbc9f_whistle1:

Don't forget the (I'm so sorry, y'all) menstrual roast sitter.

5 minutes ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

The worst is multi-lane tunnels! I hate being surrounded by fast vehicles, add in claustrophobic & I always bite my teeth & cry a little in big tunnels. It is so scary. Some are miles long! Its torture.

I had to drive thru at least 1 tunnel twice a day every day for months. Hubby did it twice a day for years. 

Here's a webpage talking about all the bridges and tunnels in my hometown area

http://www.virginiadot.org/travel/hro-tunnel-default.asp I'd link a traffic report but it's past rush hour there now. Just remember this one "7 mile back up on the HRBT, from the tunnel to Little Creek"

2 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

http://www.virginiadot.org/travel/hro-tunnel-default.asp I'd link a traffic report but it's past rush hour there now. Just remember this one "7 mile back up on the HRBT, from the tunnel to Little Creek"

Yup. And when you finally get through the backup, you find out it was caused not by an accident but by people braking to a near stop before entering the tunnel. :pulling_hair:

11 minutes ago, polecat said:

That's actually what got me banned, lol. 

A woman posted about several awful things that had happened to her, and all she asked Lori for was "prayers." And Lori responded with her typical, standard, flippant "how tragic." It sent me over the edge and I asked her, "She asked for prayers not pity -- can't you at least spend a few moments praying like she asked?" Zap. Gone almost as soon as I hit enter. Banned to this day, lol. 

OH MY GOD. Romeo Rose! Horse-faced, giant-plastic-toothed dude who walked around wearing frilly shirts and some elderly woman's drapery demanding that a gorgeous woman (not just a woman or even an attractive woman -- she had to be GORGEOUS) give up everything just to be his KWANE. 

So many nopes. All the nopes in all the world.

Don't forget the (I'm so sorry, y'all) menstrual roast sitter.

Are these all people that went bat shit or something? lol

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived