IGNORED

JinJer 39: Waiting to Meet Their Baby Daughter

Jellybean

yep I have the Kindle App on my phone. I really am not a big E-reader fan but it works for some books I want to read that aren't in print. 

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I'm too lazy I like to go use my library's ebooks library but would prefer reading from a paperback. It's especially pratical for me personally when I'm on vacation cause I have a irrational fear for leaving my library book at a vacation spot. 

On 6/14/2018 at 1:45 PM, nastyhobbitses said:

Jeremy saw Beauty and the Beast and thought "I'll get that bitch a library. Bitches love libraries." 

Funny you should mention Beaty and the Beast. I was thinking recently that Jeremy reminds me of a literate Gaston. When he does something pompous, can we call him Jerston?

5 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Love this discussion. I want to buy an e-reader, maybe kindle or an android tablet, any suggestions? I'm also thinking about the amazon prime suscription but is it worth it?

Keep in mind I'm a college student so my budget is limited.

If you have Amazon Prime the Kindle Fire tablet is amazing, it's not too big, but big enough that you can see well on a large screen. I got one for Christmas this year and I LOVE it, it is so much lighter than my old Ipad. It's super easy which is good and bad, because it comes with Amazon all loaded on it. 

38 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

If I'm too lazy I like to go use my library's ebooks library but would prefer reading from a paperback. It's especially pratical for me personally when I'm on vacation cause I have a irrational fear for leaving my library book at a vacation spot. 

see I can't do library's i like to go back and reread my books. some times I will have a certain passage stuck in my head and I'll rip my whole bookshelf apart just to find that one book because I can't focus until I do. 

24 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

see I can't do library's i like to go back and reread my books. some times I will have a certain passage stuck in my head and I'll rip my whole bookshelf apart just to find that one book because I can't focus until I do. 

Sounds like you might like ebooks then -- a simple electronic search for your passage of focus would go a lot more smoothly than tearing apart your bookshelf. :my_tongue:  Which I understand because I get stuck on things like that myself, and expend way more energy than most folks would looking for it.

I was a non-stop voracious reader from 5 until the internet - now most of my reading is reading comments about reading and commenting on them  :content:

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

I was a non-stop voracious reader from 5 until the internet - now most of my reading is reading comments about reading and commenting on them  :content:

I still take books everywhere, but rarely read them anymore because of the phone. I didn’t have a smart phone for about two years when I was first married and I read like I used to. Now I get most of my reading done at the strangest place—bar tops! I go out to eat alone often and ask to be seated at the bar so I don’t take up a table. I get a lot of reading done and others at the bar tend to respect my space more than if I just was looking at my phone. 

I don't think I could manage well without books, rather reading books.  I may have to donate or sell most of my books, because of a likely move almost across Canada in the near future. I personally prefer paper books. 

9 hours ago, Mlissmartin said:

You can get these apps on your phone, no tablet needed. 

I've thought about it but I can't concentrate on reading because I work with my phone and I get tons of emails and messages all the time. Buying paperback books isn't an option because is more expensive and where I live is small so... No. The tablet would allow me to concentrate on my study and everyday reading.

My school offers an online library for most of my classes and it's practical given what I study (Medical school).

5 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

If you have Amazon Prime the Kindle Fire tablet is amazing, it's not too big, but big enough that you can see well on a large screen. I got one for Christmas this year and I LOVE it, it is so much lighter than my old Ipad. It's super easy which is good and bad, because it comes with Amazon all loaded on it. 

Thank you so much. I looked up the Kindle fire and is actually perfect for my needs and budget... I'm sick and tired of having my school/pleasure reading mixed up with my work. It's a great option to leave my heavy notebook at home.

9 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Funny you should mention Beaty and the Beast. I was thinking recently that Jeremy reminds me of a literate Gaston. When he does something pompous, can we call him Jerston?

I’m pretty sure most Fundie men come across as being a lot like Gaston. Gil Bates, for example...

63CF8097-594A-4918-9097-4DDB4022913D.thumb.jpeg.7938389973ec225894e7c9da1cdb1b70.jpeg

ETA: “He uses Klansmen in some of his decorating! My what a guy. Gil Bates!” :laughing-rolling:

16 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

I have a question for you all... the library near me sucks and books are expensive. I love the read but I can't afford the habit, any suggestions?

Maybe an online bookswap club? I have belonged to a few.

I don't know where you live,but does your local library have an inter - library loan?I can reserve books that aren't available at my local library,but other libraries in the county I reside in may have the book,and I put it on hold for me,when it is available,my library calls me.

59 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I’m pretty sure most Fundie men come across as being a lot like Gaston. Gil Bates, for example...

63CF8097-594A-4918-9097-4DDB4022913D.thumb.jpeg.7938389973ec225894e7c9da1cdb1b70.jpeg

ETA: “He uses Klansmen in some of his decorating! My what a guy. Gil Bates!” :laughing-rolling:

Damn it I sang the whole thing in my head.

I love my kindle, except for one big issue- I can't see the screen if I'm outside! And I am outside a lot. So that's kind of a pain. I tend to use it more in winter and read regular books in the warmer months.

17 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Love this discussion. I want to buy an e-reader, maybe kindle or an android tablet, any suggestions? I'm also thinking about the amazon prime suscription but is it worth it?

Keep in mind I'm a college student so my budget is limited.

Do you have an iPhone? You can download and read books by using a Kindle app on your phone.

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Damn it I sang the whole thing in my head.

I’m seriously tempted to do a full-length version, but I’m also worried I’d burst out singing the wrong lyrics in public. :pb_lol:

I have a kindle paper white. I love mine. It goes where I go. I can read in full sun as well. Battery life is great as well. I can go for at least three weeks without charging it.

37 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Do you have an iPhone? You can download and read books by using a Kindle app on your phone.

I don't, I use Android. I have the kindle app but as I said a couple of comments ago: I work with my phone and can't concentrate and really use it for reading much, I need the tablet to read for school and to reduce the weight I carry everyday (want to leave my notebook at home since i'm out of the house for more than 12 hours everyday). 

4 hours ago, manda b said:

I have a kindle paper white. I love mine. It goes where I go. I can read in full sun as well. Battery life is great as well. I can go for at least three weeks without charging it.

I also have a Paper white! I adore it! :) 

any recommendations for a tablet with more memory/storage? My Nook tablet (Galaxy Tab E) only has 16Gb available and I fill that up in a minute and I'm always having to connect it to my computer to offload stuff. Fortunately my computer has a 1Tb hard drive but....

Oh, and it has to be budget friendly...

6 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

I love my kindle, except for one big issue- I can't see the screen if I'm outside! And I am outside a lot. So that's kind of a pain. I tend to use it more in winter and read regular books in the warmer months.

The older kindles and paper whites are easy to see outside. Black and white, matte surface, not backlit. A couple years ago after attempting to read a book on my phone on the beach I went straight to Best Buy and bought a Kindle. 

40 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I also have a Paper white! I adore it! :) 

How much are the paper whites? Google is being a pan for me today. 

How do you delete books from the kindle fire? I have several books that I no longer want on my kindle but for some reason can’t figure out how to remove them. 

21 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

Yep, I read books on my phone. I love how convenient it is.

I was so sceptical of reading on my phone, but I tried it when a book I really wanted to read was availible for cheap and no wait. I was surprised over how fast I got used to it. It’s not my prefered way of reading but sometimes the convenience really wins out. 

2 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

How much are the paper whites? Google is being a pan for me today. 

I don't know. It was a gift! :P My parents know me well! 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived