IGNORED

JinJer 39: Waiting to Meet Their Baby Daughter

Jellybean

Continued from here:

Jinger is 31 weeks pregnant (thanks to @llg1234 for sharing this photo on the previous thread)

823C7626-DCAF-493C-B71B-B02C1CFFE77F.jpeg.1b4825ef41f22c54b2702e7a74337038.jpeg

Jeremy has been accepted onto a course at The Master’s Seminary, which is linked to Grace Community Church. Jeremy is currently pastor of a branch of GCC in Laredo, so it seems logical that he would choose TMS for further study. There is a Dallas campus, but people speculated on the previous thread that Jeremy might prefer to go to the main campus in California, where he would be exposed to the leaders of the organisation and be better placed to network. They haven’t made any announcements about plans (work, home, church) other than sharing that Jeremy has been offered a place on the course. 

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jinger looks super cute! I hope she is getting real prenatal care! As for moving to California, that would be interesting. I think that Jeremy likes to be the big fish in the small pond, I don't get the impression that he really wants to share his spotlight. we will see. 

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Jinger looks super cute! I hope she is getting real prenatal care! As for moving to California, that would be interesting. I think that Jeremy likes to be the big fish in the small pond, I don't get the impression that he really wants to share his spotlight. we will see. 

Oh, them moving to California would make both Jeremy and Jinger whales in the small mud puddle that is the Duggar realm.

OK, so I've been reading LA as Louisiana. No wonder I was confused.

Jeremy is a pseudo-intellectual, so it isn't surprising that he supports others like himself. In this case: Ben Shapiro. He's recently liked two of his tweets. Spoiler'd for those of you who have already met your daily eye roll limit or are watching your blood pressure.

Spoiler

For those unfamiliar with him, Ben Shapiro is a conservative pundit that has been around since he was 17. He likes to complain about the right being persecuted and denies white privilege, climate change, and idea of hyper-masculinity being toxic. Despite his denial of all of these things, he does believe that Sesame Street promotes "liberal propaganda" (video link) and that universities are actively turning students into homosexuals. His actual words:

If you pay tuition, you're sponsoring the militant homosexual agenda. If you pay taxes, you're sponsoring the militant homosexual agenda. If your child majors in English, you're sponsoring the militant homosexual agenda. Tell Billy to major in math.

Source: https://townhall.com/columnists/benshapiro/2003/08/20/militant-gay-english-on-the-rise-n1334827

Derick gets a lot of (deserved) heat for his bigotry, but Jinger liking his Instagram post about Israel helping build Trump's wall served as a helpful reminder that his in-laws don't have any problem with his beliefs.

I can't stand Shapiro but he is at least anti-Trump.

Oh, and I liked this response to his tweet about his daughter

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I can't stand Shapiro but he is at least anti-Trump.

Oh, and I liked this response to his tweet about his daughter

Hide contents

Funniest thing, Shapiro's wife just graduated from medical school. Is she not going to eventually work?

3 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Jeremy is a pseudo-intellectual, so it isn't surprising that he supports others like himself. In this case: Ben Shapiro. He's recently liked two of his tweets. Spoiler'd for those of you who have already met your daily eye roll limit or are watching your blood pressure.

Hide contents

For those unfamiliar with him, Ben Shapiro is a conservative pundit that has been around since he was 17. He likes to complain about the right being persecuted and denies white privilege, climate change, and idea of hyper-masculinity being toxic. Despite his denial of all of these things, he does believe that Sesame Street promotes "liberal propaganda" (video link) and that universities are actively turning students into homosexuals. His actual words:

Source: https://townhall.com/columnists/benshapiro/2003/08/20/militant-gay-english-on-the-rise-n1334827

Derick gets a lot of (deserved) heat for his bigotry, but Jinger liking his Instagram post about Israel helping build Trump's wall served as a helpful reminder that his in-laws don't have any problem with his beliefs.

I don't like or not like Trump and thought the picture was cute and funny

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Funniest thing, Shapiro's wife just graduated from medical school. Is she not going to eventually work?

I was just about to correct you that his wife has been a practicing doctor for a while (he mentions it a lot in health insurance discussions) but then I googled it and...you're right. She only just graduated. It's weird that he's been so misleading about this for so many years. 

I'm also surprised at his first tweet, because while I can't stand him on a whole host of issues, he's always seemed very pro-education in general and never seemed to focus much of his wrath on women having careers or being working mothers. But I guess that's the problem with having a super active Twitter feed, a weekly podcast, and weekly column. You kinda run out of things to say and often just resort to spouting off the checklist opinions of the audience you are speaking to. 

Holy Jesus on a popsicle stick do I HATE Ben Shapiro. 

Jinger looks super cute though! 

8 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Wow, what an asshat. If he thinks the killings of the Palestines are fine to use as a pisspoor example to further his stupid probirth agenda maybe HE should imagine they were a 19 week old in the womb and see if that helps him with his empathy. Idiot!

Ben Shapiro is a complete twat and his wife can do better. 

Also, total BEC but Jeremy's "study" in one of their recent IG posts irks me. It just reminds me of those guys I knew in high school who would use needlessly complicated words to describe totally ordinary things because they wanted to show off how smart they were, not because the words fit that particular context. It's a mansplainer's lair. 

His anti-Palestinian comment doesn’t even make sense as an argument anyway because it reinforces that, from their perspective, both are murder and he should be against Muslims dying too. 

But whatever. Logic isn’t the American Right’s strong point.

Jeremy gives me a real squirmy feeling anyway, but seeing who he admires just makes it that much squirmier. 

My view on Jinger liking the pic Derick posted, yes the chance there is still disgusting beliefs there is high but it may also be a like in oh look how cute my nephew is without liking the actual content 

3 hours ago, mrsmaf said:

My view on Jinger liking the pic Derick posted, yes the chance there is still disgusting beliefs there is high but it may also be a like in oh look how cute my nephew is without liking the actual content 

I think that's giving her way too much credit. We already know that they share the same disgusting beliefs. And if my friend posts a picture of her cute kid, say, protesting an abortion clinic, I'm definitely not going to like the photo just because the kid is cute.

10 hours ago, nausicaa said:

I was just about to correct you that his wife has been a practicing doctor for a while (he mentions it a lot in health insurance discussions) but then I googled it and...you're right. She only just graduated. It's weird that he's been so misleading about this for so many years. 

I'm also surprised at his first tweet, because while I can't stand him on a whole host of issues, he's always seemed very pro-education in general and never seemed to focus much of his wrath on women having careers or being working mothers. But I guess that's the problem with having a super active Twitter feed, a weekly podcast, and weekly column. You kinda run out of things to say and often just resort to spouting off the checklist opinions of the audience you are speaking to. 

Medical school with kids has to be a drag. My niece had her baby 3 weeks before she started medical residency, but her hubs was home for a year during that time. Maybe this was his passive aggressive way of telling his wife how much his daughter has been suffering d/t his wife's lack of attention to the family?

16 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Ben Shapiro is so stupid it is almost self-parody. Thank you for this reminder that Jeremy and Jinger are just as bad as Mr and Mrs Jill Duggar. They have better fashion sense, are better photographers, and Jeremy claims to read books from time to time, but they still harbor the same nasty beliefs. 

I wonder how a larger Christian organization like Grace is going to deal with the dwindling membership numbers of Evangelical Christianity in America? From the looks of things, they’re just going to get even more militant and fundamentalist. These people would have us living in Gilead in a heartbeat. Jeremy is clearly no exception.

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Medical school with kids has to be a drag. My niece had her baby 3 weeks before she started medical residency, but her hubs was home for a year during that time. Maybe this was his passive aggressive way of telling his wife how much his daughter has been suffering d/t his wife's lack of attention to the family?

If that’s the case, I hope she divorces him. 

Jinger and Jeremy are pretty people who pretend to have pretty beliefs. They don’t. Their beliefs are just as ugly and hateful as the ones so frequently stated by Derick and Jill. I almost prefer the Dillards because at least they’re honest about being hateful bigots.

Jeremy liking Ben Shapiro or Jinger liking the wall photo are in no way surprising to me. They’re just as nasty as the rest of them.

4 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I think that's giving her way too much credit. We already know that they share the same disgusting beliefs. And if my friend posts a picture of her cute kid, say, protesting an abortion clinic, I'm definitely not going to like the photo just because the kid is cute.

See, I don't think that picture was as obviously political to them as an abortion clinic protest. There really is a middle ground for a lot of people between enthusiastic support of Trump and hating Trump as much as most of us do. I think it's entirely possible that Jinger could not be a Trump supporter but also not be as virulently opposed to Trump and thus sensitive to anything referencing him as we are and that she just saw the picture as a cute photo of her nephew.

I also think it's very likely both she and Jeremy do fully support Trump, I just think there's not reallythat much we can read into the fact that she liked that picture.

15 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

See, I don't think that picture was as obviously political to them as an abortion clinic protest. There really is a middle ground for a lot of people between enthusiastic support of Trump and hating Trump as much as most of us do. I think it's entirely possible that Jinger could not be a Trump supporter but also not be as virulently opposed to Trump and thus sensitive to anything referencing him as we are and that she just saw the picture as a cute photo of her nephew.

I also think it's very likely both she and Jeremy do fully support Trump, I just think there's not reallythat much we can read into the fact that she liked that picture.

If Jinger were some random person completely unknown to us, I would totally agree with you. But since we know the sorts of things her family of origin and her husband believe, preach and push for, I don’t think I can give her the same benefit of the doubt. This isn’t remotely the same as her being like, “Hey y’all, check out this MAGA onesie I got for my baby!” But it is a reminder that she and Jeremy most likely agree with the Dillards’ political views.

I agree that Jinger knows full well what she's liking and that it's abhorrant.

However, if the Duggars had more of a sense of humor and less of a deep-seated vendetta against immigrants, I could see this being humorous and not actually supportive of Trump and the wall. It would remind me of these types of memes that went around:

Spoiler

image.png.9d0e01fedf9df4239d3cb5d78b88dee2.png

image.png.86820b2d9db8f821a9af9fc83cea8753.png

image.png.fc26bf301379e3ae8d90858fa3b624a5.png

Sorry if it's a bit gross for me to post those. The situation is grave enough that it's not really my type of humor, but I can also see how well-meaning people enjoy those. The wall still seems like such a financial and logistical impossibility that it's a little easier to make light of than, say... the role of Russia in the election, or the state of deportations, or the Iran nuclear deal.

I don't think that's the case for any of the Duggars though. I can totally see SOTDRT leading to a sincere belief that a wall makes sense.

33 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

If Jinger were some random person completely unknown to us, I would totally agree with you. But since we know the sorts of things her family of origin and her husband believe, preach and push for, I don’t think I can give her the same benefit of the doubt. This isn’t remotely the same as her being like, “Hey y’all, check out this MAGA onesie I got for my baby!” But it is a reminder that she and Jeremy most likely agree with the Dillards’ political views.

Yeah, I don't even see it as giving her the benefit of the doubt, since we know she and Jeremy have some disgusting beliefs. I just don't see it as proof of them supporting Trump. There are plenty of people with disgusting beliefs who don't support Trump, like Ben Shapiro who we've been discussing on this very page.

It's been interesting to see who got on board the Trump train and who still hasn't. When Trump first announced his candidacy most of the conservative/fundie Christians I knew were against him, but by the time he chose Pence it shifted in the other direction, but the anti-Trump fundies haven't completely disappeared.

Liking the pic doesn't necessarily mean she agrees with it, but I agree that we probably shouldn't give her the benefit of the doubt, since most fundies support Trump.  Jinger always struck me as apolitical for some reason, but I have nothing to back that up and could be way off. Jeremy seems more political to me, just smart enough to censor his more controversail beliefs. I would like to believe that people who live in a border city, are trying to learn Spanish, and minister to Mexicans/Mexican Americans aren't racist, but that's probably naive of me. 

But on the subject of that stupid waste of taxpayers' money, I would build it myself if it meant DREAMers could be legalized. Which will probably come up again in the next budget talks. I can't prove it, but I would bet anything Trump ended DACA so he could use it as a barganing chip for his pointless dumbass wall.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived