IGNORED

Dillards 57: Run, D’Wreck, Run!

Jellybean

4 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

@Bad Wolf Don’t speak too soon!

I'm starting to think we need a 'facepalm' reaction!

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AprilQuilt said:

I'm rather sad for Jill that when it was Father's Day, the post on their blog was about Derick the best hubby ever, but the Mother's Day post is written by her about her own mother and MIL. It would be all well and good if it were just Jill's blog, but it's meant to be for the family. When is he going to stop and celebrate her? Has he ever written one of those detailed 'here are all the little things I appreciate about you' posts?

(ETA: this sort of PDA is not mandatory, and Mr Quilt would be unlikely ever to write a public post about how much he loves me - it's really not his style and it would be uncomfortable. It's just when they're a public unit, that imbalance is so awkward.)

I looked through their blog a bit and Derick did actually post something like this for one of her birthdays:

https://www.dillardfamily.com/2016/05/happy-birthday-jill/

He wrote an acrostic (using the letters of her name to describe her), as well as a list of 25 things he loved about her. Some of it was cheesy or overly focused on God, but here’s some that I didn’t think were too bad:

1.  That she loves and cares for others.

2. Her beautiful face.

3. Her tender heart.

4. Her patience with him (HA! Even he knows he’s insufferable! :pb_lol:)

5. Her sense of humor.

6. That she taught him about childbirth and babies when he hadn’t ever held a baby before.

7. Her creativity.

8. That she’s fun-loving.

9. Her cooking abilities.

10. Her love and care for Israel.

It would have been better if he had given examples of each item, but it wasn’t as terrible as I’d expect from him.

Jill just has to do the face in the background.   Lawdy woman, you're not a cod fish.  Stop it already. 

So from the angle of the pic, Derick's legs look like they could be Jill's legs. Made ME chuckle, anyway.

16 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Jill wrote in her blog that she's excited about homeschooling Israel.

I can only imagine how mad Derick will be when Izzy doesn't get into OSU. 

2 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

I can only imagine how mad Derick will be when Izzy doesn't get into OSU. 

He'll blame it on the liberal agenda.

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

Per-pen-dic-u-lar.

Didn't she have trouble following the directions to prepare white rice?

21 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Being allergic to stuff sucks! I'm lactose intolerant and it sucks!! I'm also allergic to house dust mite, insect venom, dimethylaminopropylamine (found in soaps, shampoos, cosmetics), nickel (have to wear gold or silver earrings), polyester, synthetic fibres (once someone gave me a box of synthetic panties and they said it was cotton, well lo and behold I had my ass burning with allergy). Once I bought a soap and took a bubble bath, the soap was so strong that I almost died, my throat closed and I went into anaphylactic shock... Thankfully my mum was close and she called an ambulance and gave me an epi shot.

Im sensitive to gluten, and try to avoid dairy and processed sugar. I got both COPD and asthma (from a generic condition), and these three help with mucus (i.e. keeping my throat clear).  I won't go into shock or anything, but I definitly regret it, if I have more than one or two of these a week.  

Also, asthma = no no to dust, bigs, pet dander, hairspray, perfumes, fragrances, etc *sigh*

Happy Mothers day to all moms, in whatever capacity that is (bio moms, adoptees, grandma's, step, and those who'e suffered through losses).  I lit a candle for the suffering and grieving mom' today . . . I hope today wasn't too painful <3

Alsoplusalso Derick is a tool -_-

22 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Per-pen-dic-u-lar.

Didn't she have trouble following the directions to prepare white rice?

Short version (because I’m tired): TLC has a habit of making the courting/newly married daughters look incompetent in the kitchen and having an older female relative/in-law “help” them learn. Because storylines and needing viewers to connect with the cast. Jill’s inability to figure out the rice was very likely part of that.

5 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

God that's horrifying. 

Jill will get a Christian based curriculum, and Izzy will learn to read, write, do simple math and learn that the earth is 6,000 years old. He will not learn enough to prepare him for college. Home schooling can be amazing, but not Duggar style. Poor little Izzy. Another Fundie victim.

19 hours ago, klabourdeth said:

I try to reduce my consummation. Usually just to once a month if I cannot fight that urge.

Just once a month?  You're a strong person.

LOL best typo in a while. :)

5 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I'm dreading the OH MY WORD YOU GUYS HAVE YOU SEEN THIS AMAZING #HOMESCHOOL#HACK??!?! posts where she, I dunno, writes about repurposing Derick's accounting textbooks to teach Izzy kindergarten math or claims that sticking Izzy in front of VeggieTales for two hours counts as Theology class. 

I'm surprised by her mentioning those who can't get pregnant or have lost babies.  That seems oddly aware of others for Jill.

17 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Short version (because I’m tired): TLC has a habit of making the courting/newly married daughters look incompetent in the kitchen and having an older female relative/in-law “help” them learn. Because storylines and needing viewers to connect with the cast. Jill’s inability to figure out the rice was very likely part of that.

I don't know why TLC even tries with those storylines. It's been made very clear that the older girls are extremely well versed in the kitchens. I can kind of get behind the storyline of them struggling to learn cooking small amounts, but the rest is nah. 

2 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

I'm surprised by her mentioning those who can't get pregnant or have lost babies.  That seems oddly aware of others for Jill.

You never know what someone has gone through. It's very possible that Jill has miscarried before, and is therefore more compassionate and aware towards others. 

1 minute ago, viii said:

You never know what someone has gone through. It's very possible that Jill has miscarried before, and is therefore more compassionate and aware towards others. 

I was thinking this, but hoping its not true.  I also feel like they would probably publicize it, but maybe not, I also thought they would be more public about Sam...

I don't think any of them would publicize a miscarriage. Their whole stance is that birth control = miscarriage, so I don't think they'd even dare raise that topic of conversation in the media, knowing the allegations and rumours it could lead to. 

Just now, justoneoftwo said:

I was thinking this, but hoping its not true.  I also feel like they would probably publicize it, but maybe not, I also thought they would be more public about Sam...

It may not have necessarily been a personal experience that Jill had firsthand. Her mother suffered an extremely premature live birth, followed by the devastating loss of Jubilee at 19 weeks - a loss that Michelle even said impacted Jill more than the other children. There’s also the various experiences she would know about concerning the Bates family - Kelly’s four losses, Erin’s (i believe) three losses, and Michael’s ongoing struggle with infertility. That’s not even considering Anna’s miscarriage or any women struggling with loss or infertility she may have worked with either as a Midwife or support person either.

7 minutes ago, viii said:

I don't think any of them would publicize a miscarriage. Their whole stance is that birth control = miscarriage, so I don't think they'd even dare raise that topic of conversation in the media, knowing the allegations and rumours it could lead to. 

Others have though, and they can use it to talk about how it was already a baby... 

but yes, she has had many others she has seen, so that makes sense too.

This is a crazy conspiracy theory, but I'm just going to say it now. Derrick could be inadvertantly (or intentionally) preparing to be ready to bitch and moan about how terrible higher education is some years down the line. I can see the logic now: look how it's done nothing for him!! Why would Izzy need to go to such a pointless place??

(I know his issues are from his own laziness, sense of entitement, and bad attitude, but I'm just looking at how he could spin this. His degree isn't going to get any better the longer he has employment gaps and refuses continuing learning opportunities in the field of accounting).

I agree that Jill's shout-out was nice (BEC- I think "sweet ladies" is just such a cloying and Michelle-esq phrase in this context, but that's on me). I'm inclined to think she truly has some privately complex and evolved thoughts on the difficulties of conceiving/birthing, and if so, good on her.

I started drinking coffee as a toddler as well. My mom would put a spoonful of it in warm milk for me to get used to the taste, and I worked up from there. She did the same with wine too- a spoonful of red wine in Sprite or sparkling cider during the holidays. 

So how jealous is Derick of Jeremy's being accepted into a Master's of Divinity Program?

I say jealous enough to go off on a social media rant in 3-2-1

If Derick starts ranting on Twitter again, that might be a clue that he's butthurt.

By the way, did he not post anything for Jill for Mother's Day? 

1 hour ago, NakedKnees said:

This is a crazy conspiracy theory, but I'm just going to say it now. Derrick could be inadvertantly (or intentionally) preparing to be ready to bitch and moan about how terrible higher education is some years down the line. I can see the logic now: look how it's done nothing for him!! Why would Izzy need to go to such a pointless place??

(I know his issues are from his own laziness, sense of entitement, and bad attitude, but I'm just looking at how he could spin this. His degree isn't going to get any better the longer he has employment gaps and refuses continuing learning opportunities in the field of accounting)

I believe that is a possibility, Derick could use his degree if he wanted to but doesn’t, college and university has benefits outside job prospects. While I know people with degrees working in supermarkets, I also know people who have successful careers thanks to their degrees. Further education is not for everyone but everyone should have the opportunity to experience it if they choose to. 

26 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

By the way, did he not post anything for Jill for Mother's Day? 

The only thing he posted was this tweet, along with another tweet giving the link to Jill’s blog post. Not very personal or heartfelt IMO, but I didn’t have high expectations for him anyway.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived