IGNORED

Lori Alexander 45: Sensoring and Sensibility

Have we talked about how the modest, discreet mentor has posted a picture of tampons on her IG account? 

It's like she sits around staring at her walls or flipping through magazines and decides to post anything - ANYTHING - to keep herself busy. 

The picture of her feet was something a bored six-year-old would do. 

The tampons? It's like she saw a picture in a magazine and thought "What can I say about these to make myself sound the most righteous?"  

Seriously, this woman has the emotional and intellectual maturity of a third grader. 

*No offense to third graders. Some of my favorite people are third graders. 

:giggle:

IMG_0172.PNG

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone needs to tell The Healthy Home Economist that women in Japan, who eat the highest amount of soy products in the world, have the lowest incidence of breast cancer too. Whole, organic soy products are not only safe but encouraged for breast cancer survivors; it’s non-organic soy and isoflavones that should be avoided. 

These people...

43 minutes ago, HoneyBunny said:

Someone needs to tell The Healthy Home Economist that women in Japan, who eat the highest amount of soy products in the world, have the lowest incidence of breast cancer too. Whole, organic soy products are not only safe but encouraged for breast cancer survivors; it’s non-organic soy and soy protein isolates that should be avoided. 

These people...

Off topic, but, could you direct me to some resources about soy protein isolates — I’m interested to learn why / how they are considered a problem.

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Have we talked about how the modest, discreet mentor has posted a picture of tampons on her IG account? 

It's like she sits around staring at her walls or flipping through magazines and decides to post anything - ANYTHING - to keep herself busy. 

The picture of her feet was something a bored six-year-old would do. 

The tampons? It's like she saw a picture in a magazine and thought "What can I say about these to make myself sound the most righteous?"  

Seriously, this woman has the emotional and intellectual maturity of a third grader. 

*No offense to third graders. Some of my favorite people are third graders. 

:giggle:

IMG_0172.PNG

They make tampons without chemicals Lori! They are organic and cost a lot. Most pads have chemicals of some kind too. What should I use Lori? A rag? 

12 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

They make tampons without chemicals Lori! They are organic and cost a lot. Most pads have chemicals of some kind too. What should I use Lori? A rag? 

Family Cloth. If you have to ask, don't. You'll sleep better at night. 

19 minutes ago, cindyluvs24 said:

Her Norwex?

This made me snort-laugh.

No mention of Mother’s Day from Alyssa- no instastory, no IG post. Very odd, I think. Nothing from Lori regarding her own mother who (per Lori) is old, sick, and dying. 

11 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

There's always free bleeding...

https://thetransformedwife.com/her-sixteen-year-old-wants-to-begin-having-sex/#comments

Dr. Laura is a slut-shaming vile woman.  No surprise that Lori would approve this sort of thing.  After all, she likes Spurgeon, defends the Duggars (Josh Duggar incident), and the Pearls. 

I saw her beautiful daughter, Alyssa's page and have to say she seems like a lovely person in spite of it all.  Her page seems to say "I am me and you (mother dearest) will not control me).  Go Alyssa!

23 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Yeah, her Mother's Day Instagram and blog post are something...no mention of her own mom, or any of the mothers in her life.

Can someone post it? I can't see her instagram -- blocked for saying there is no science to support the fact that underwires cause cancer. 

14 hours ago, Pammy said:

Off topic, but, could you direct me to some resources about soy protein isolates — I’m interested to learn why / how they are considered a problem.

The issue is with soy protein isolates, as I initially stated, not isoflavones. Sorry for the confusion. Here is an online resource confirming it.  I also am working with a nutritionist with my oncology team who has provided a written articles on the subject. 

I eat soy every day...whole, organic soy milk and tofu and edamame. I no longer consume soy protein powders and bars, and don’t eat any processd soy products lie soy burgers or soy cheeses. 

https://foodforbreastcancer.com/foods/soy-protein-isolate

We're back on the "women are easily deceived" trope today....

Just saying, I am far less likely to believe something than my husband is. He accepts everything at face value; I don't. Sometime this is good for me, sometimes not.

Honestly, I think it has to do more with our personalities than our genders. I am very capable of overriding my "little emotions" to make a smart decision. My husband however, totally goes with the "I like it, so it must be true" school of thought much of the time.

She drives me batty....

Lori:

I am way more easily deceived than my husband. 

Yes, dear.  We know... 

Run along now, and wear your ignorance proudly.  Somewhere out there, someone is selling a juice that cures cancer, and they need your business!  

:roll:

13 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Cloth pads or menstrual cups, presumably. And really, both are quite viable options for women who can't or don't want to use disposable products for whatever reason (sensitivities, environmental concerns, etc.). Doesn't make Lori less of an ass, though.

8 minutes ago, Koala said:

Lori:

Yes, dear.  We know... 

Run along now, and wear your ignorance proudly.  Somewhere out there, someone is selling a juice that cures cancer, and they need your business!  

:roll:

Yet she is suppose to be teaching younger women but admits how easily deceived she is. Yup, her followers are in great hands. 

In Lori's creation post on Instagram, the order of creation was important, and men lead women because of the order of therir creation.

In the same book of Genesis, human beings were created last, does that mean the plants and animals should lead human beings? Human beings are meant to serve creation.

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Caption: My orthodontist son sent me flowers for Mother's Day! And later today, we are going to have a short, superficial awkward conversation.

The logical loop-the-loops that Lori goes in with this women are easily deceived post is stunning really. I mean I suppose it depends on how you define gullible. Does it mean less intelligent, less likely to question a statement? Idk, regardless she portrays women as morons who can't tell fact from fiction without asking their husband. How does Lori even know all of her ridiculous sources can be trusted? Does she ask Ken? If not, she should be. 

And enough with this women should be silent, be subject to abuse, are gullible/easily deceived, must live by these impossible standards but are totally equal in value nonsense. I'm not gullible enough to believe that. 

2 hours ago, PinkPrincess0213 said:

We're back on the "women are easily deceived" trope today....

Just saying, I am far less likely to believe something than my husband is. He accepts everything at face value; I don't. Sometime this is good for me, sometimes not.

Honestly, I think it has to do more with our personalities than our genders. I am very capable of overriding my "little emotions" to make a smart decision. My husband however, totally goes with the "I like it, so it must be true" school of thought much of the time.

She drives me batty....

I agree that it has to do with personality. My dad was a very manly man. He was an electrician and always working on some project. Put in a sappy movie and he’d cry like a baby. Loved to buy my mom sappy expensive cards too.

I am so confused. All we hear is that motherhood is sooooooooo great, God's plan for women. But now marriage and children is our punishment. Wow that really makes someone want to sign up for it. 

@Lgirlrocks, this reminds me of my friend’s construction worker husband. When the two of them were puppysitting my dog years ago while I was out of state, she had a medical emergency and they had to take her to a veterinary hospital for surgery. Later, he told his wife, “I hope Hane brings Tippy back here to visit with us—I don’t want that poor dog to have only sad memories of being here!” This big burly guy took the pups to his fish and game club so they could go swimming in the hot weather.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived