IGNORED

Lori Alexander 45: Sensoring and Sensibility

'And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived...'  So Eve was deceived, presumably not fully understanding exactly what she was doing and/or how and why it was so wrong, but Adam was not.  Adam knew exactly what he was doing, understood that it was wrong, and did it anyway.  Isn't willful, deliberate disobedience worse than being deceived? 

And Lori needs to make up her mind about feminists.  Are we deceived, or willful and rebellious?  Most reasonable people would say that a bad deed done performed in misunderstanding or ignorance should be treated differently from one done out of spiteful rebellion...but I forgot for a moment, Lori knows nothing of reason.  Silly me!  

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lori sees her kids as a punishment. :kitty-cussing:

It's not really surprising to me, having been on the sidelines, watching what she's written about them, and herself, over the years. But it can't feel terribly good to know your mom sees you as an actual punishment from God. Wtf, Lori. WTAF.

On another note, Mother's Day is an emotional day for me. I don't have a mother or a MIL. And it was a long, difficult road for me to become a mother. So every Mother's Day is a jewel for me, a celebration that it actually finally came true. I could never see them as a punishment. Literally never. 

I guess my feminism makes me more easily deceived than other women because I truly can't understand how my children can be anything other than one of my life's greatest joys. 

Lori says:

Woman's curse was that she will suffer a lot of pain in bringing children into this world and she will desire to rule her husband but he will rule over her. 

Welp, I guess God's reach wasn't quite long enough, because I have two children and have never felt a single contraction.  To top it off, I had a rather odd burst of energy following both births, and I felt fabulous.  

That's to say nothing of the fact that drugs have been invented to prevent most if not all of the pain associated with labor, so "the curse" wasn't a very creative one, was it?

I have absolutely NO desire to "rule over" my husband.  He does just fine on his own, thanks.  He also has no desire to rule over me.  We run this place like the team we are.  We share goals.  We are working together, towards those goals.  There's no "leader" needed.  We both lead.  

Why do these people make their marriages so difficult??  

As for Lori- 90% of her problems would be solved by simply minding her own business.

1 minute ago, Koala said:

I have absolutely NO desire to "rule over" my husband.  He does just fine on his own, thanks.  He also has no desire to rule over me.  We run this place like the team we are.  We share goals.  We are working together, towards those goals.  There's no "leader" needed.  We both lead.  

Why do these people make their marriages so difficult??  

They all see marriage as some sort of weird power struggle. I don't get it...in 20 years we've never had a power struggle of any kind. Although, I'll admit I had to dial back my bulldozer-like tendencies, and be willing to give up a certain amount of independence...like, not feeling guilty over not working right now and since my accident.

Right now, my husband just "gave me an order"...I got up to fix myself a cup of coffee and he took the cup from me and said "sit your ass down"...so I sat down again. He claims to be in charge of all coffee fixing. So, I let him. But then again, I'm "in charge" of dealing with his insulin pump and CGM. The cannula goes in his backside so I have to change it out for him (he has no extra fluff around his abdomen) and the CGM goes in the back of his arm (see no extra fluff) and he can't do those things on his own. I'll admit I get right shitty with him over his blood sugar levels...as in bitching at him about forgetting to bolus at mealtimes. 

If I was one of Lori's devotees, I wouldn't do those things...to hub's detriment. Ummm...no...I like my husband alive and relatively healthy thank you. 

7 hours ago, smittykins said:

There's always free bleeding...

That would work for people like Lori and Lydia, who would jump at any excuse to lounge around at home, sipping rose petal tea and doing crafts.  The bloody crotch look might go over some places (see peopleofwalmart.com) but those of us with careers or other reasons to get out into the world do not wish to bleed out onto our car seats, or other people's furniture.

4 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

That would work for people like Lori and Lydia, who would jump at any excuse to lounge around at home, sipping rose petal tea and doing crafts.  The bloody crotch look might go over some places (see peopleofwalmart.com) but those of us with careers or other reasons to get out into the world do not wish to bleed out onto our car seats, or other people's furniture.

Careful, Lori might take that as another excuse to keep women at home!  

The woman who never misses a chance to discuss sex and other personal topics has re-run one of her most infamous blog posts, "Women Are To Be Discreet." 

Some of the young women bragged that they can do everything in front of their husbands. I have noticed that there is no sense of shame in the younger generations and I don't blame them. I blame the culture they are being raised in and the lack of older women teaching them about discretion.

But... but...Lori, you're not teaching them about discretion, either! Just the other day you had a blog post about the importance of children knowing their parents have sex! How is that showing discretion?

The definition of discreet is "judicious in one's conduct or speech, especially with regard to respecting privacy or maintaining silence about something of a delicate nature; prudent; circumspect."

Lori prudent? Circumspect? Judicious in her speech? Hahahahahahahaha. No.

What the hell? Where do these people live? Where do these people go for dinner?:ETONNER:

I agree 100%. Most women today are very crass/crude around men. Just the other evening, my husband took me out for dinner. There was a woman, her husband and two children. The woman belched and passed gas throughout the meal..in public...and her husband and children laughed like crazy. he also picked at her teeth with a toothpick and discussed very unappetizing topics in a loud voice so that everyone around her could hear. My husband was just disgusted. He said that women like her are what make it difficult for men like him to be gentlemen and I agreed! I try not to be judgmental, but I was raised SO much differently. My grandmother taught me all of those social graces; crossing legs, not doing unfeminine things in front of men (going to the bathroom, brushing teeth, passing gas etc..). I am so thankful I had her guidance!

2.0 has highlighted her retro post today and specifically brings attention to the famous "don't floss in front of your husband" part. This will be good.  Also, this is the time to refresh everyone on Lori the 2lb pooper. She posted on IG once that she was trying to poop 2lbs a day. Very modest. Very discreet. 

Regarding the quote above....where the hell do they go to dinner? I have NEVER seen that sort of behavior ANYWHERE in a variety of states and a variety of restaurants. My husband will occasionally discreetly use a toothpick and yes, burping and passing gas are natural functions, HOWEVER...I definitely do not act the same way I do at home with those particular functions. At home, I'm as crude as I wanna be, in public is a whole different story. My husband, due to his particular digestive issues, if he feels the need to toot, he'll usually go into the bathroom just in case. 

This bitch is making shit up..she HAS to be...I mean, even in the most "redneck" places I've been, I've NEVER, EVER seen behavior like that. EVER! 

2 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

I don't even want to think what it would be like if I were to free bleed when I was having my period.   Even using a tampon AND pad, our bathroom looks like a crime scene half the time.  Maybe if you had a relatively light period it would work.   Sorry in advance for the TMI, but when you have clots the size of small rodents (not even exaggerating) the last thing I would think about is just waltzing around everywhere with no protection. 

Also, other people/businesses might not appreciate you "free bleeding" all over their furniture/carpet/etc.   Yuck

1 minute ago, Curious said:

I don't even want to think what it would be like if I were to free bleed when I was having my period.   Even using a tampon AND pad, our bathroom looks like a crime scene half the time.  Maybe if you had a relatively light period it would work.   Sorry in advance for the TMI, but when you have clots the size of small rodents (not even exaggerating) the last thing I would think about is just waltzing around everywhere with no protection. 

Also, other people/businesses might not appreciate you "free bleeding" all over their furniture/carpet/etc.   Yuck

That part of my life is over with now, thankfully, but I remember the small rodent-sized clots, too. There is no WAY I'd even leave my house, much less go anywhere outside of my shower stall without as much protection as possible. 

32 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

2.0 has highlighted her retro post today and specifically brings attention to the famous "don't floss in front of your husband" part. This will be good.  Also, this is the time to refresh everyone on Lori the 2lb pooper. She posted on IG once that she was trying to poop 2lbs a day. Very modest. Very discreet. 

Well, we can assume she doesn't actually weigh her poops in front of Ken. She is, after all, DISCREET. She saves her poops for weighing in private.

11 minutes ago, Curious said:

My period has never been light or even moderate, but perimenopause has turned it up to the highest possible level. I don't know what I expected from this "time of life," but it wasn't this. And the anemia! omg. It's just nonstop. I am so ready for it to all be done.

So yeah, I hear you on the flooding and clots and general bloodiness of it all.

I agree 100%. Most women today are very crass/crude around men. Just the other evening, my husband took me out for dinner. There was a woman, her husband and two children. The woman belched and passed gas throughout the meal..in public...and her husband and children laughed like crazy. he also picked at her teeth with a toothpick and discussed very unappetizing topics in a loud voice so that everyone around her could hear. My husband was just disgusted. He said that women like her are what make it difficult for men like him to be gentlemen and I agreed! I try not to be judgmental, but I was raised SO much differently. My grandmother taught me all of those social graces; crossing legs, not doing unfeminine things in front of men (going to the bathroom, brushing teeth, passing gas etc..). I am so thankful I had her guidance!

On 5/14/2018 at 11:57 AM, Loveday said:

What the hell? Where do these people live? Where do these people go for dinner?:ETONNER:

She is one of the most judgmental people I have ever seen. 

Why would a woman go to the bathroom or brush her teeth?  Both are sooooo unfeminine.  My grandmother taught me that ladies just don't do those things!

8 hours ago, Joyce said:

In Lori's creation post on Instagram, the order of creation was important, and men lead women because of the order of therir creation.

In the same book of Genesis, human beings were created last, does that mean the plants and animals should lead human beings? Human beings are meant to serve creation.

My theory:  since men were created first, they are the beta version, and women were created later because we are the improved version with less bugs/problems.  

Just joking, of course!  

57 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Regarding the quote above....where the hell do they go to dinner? I have NEVER seen that sort of behavior ANYWHERE in a variety of states and a variety of restaurants. My husband will occasionally discreetly use a toothpick and yes, burping and passing gas are natural functions, HOWEVER...I definitely do not act the same way I do at home with those particular functions. At home, I'm as crude as I wanna be, in public is a whole different story. My husband, due to his particular digestive issues, if he feels the need to toot, he'll usually go into the bathroom just in case. 

This bitch is making shit up..she HAS to be...I mean, even in the most "redneck" places I've been, I've NEVER, EVER seen behavior like that. EVER! 

That comment was left by none other than our friend Hannah Habig. It’s her original FB page- now she’s an Avon consultant instead of a blogger... something off with that whole situation. 

37 minutes ago, crawfishgirl said:

My theory:  since men were created first, they are the beta version, and women were created later because we are the improved version with less bugs/problems.  

Just joking, of course!  

You always prototype your design before you go into production...

26 minutes ago, Carol said:

Lori pulls stuff out of her ass all the time.

Jesus made me say that.

It's okay.  You're just speaking the truth in love.  :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, Curious said:

I am thankfully past that part of my life, but that's how mine were. I had to sleep with two or three heavy towels underneath me and I would often drink several glasses of water right before bed to be sure I would wake up for a bathroom trip, because otherwise I would have a huge mess to deal with when I woke up. Even then, I still sometimes had a huge mess to deal with. I could not have used a diva cup, I used more pads on a regular basis than I could count!

6 hours ago, polecat said:

Lori sees her kids as a punishment. :kitty-cussing:

It's not really surprising to me, having been on the sidelines, watching what she's written about them, and herself, over the years. But it can't feel terribly good to know your mom sees you as an actual punishment from God. Wtf, Lori. WTAF.

On another note, Mother's Day is an emotional day for me. I don't have a mother or a MIL. And it was a long, difficult road for me to become a mother. So every Mother's Day is a jewel for me, a celebration that it actually finally came true. I could never see them as a punishment. Literally never. 

I guess my feminism makes me more easily deceived than other women because I truly can't understand how my children can be anything other than one of my life's greatest joys. 

I have never understood women who complain about their kids.  I don't mean the occasional moment of being driven crazy, I'm talking about the constant griping and really seeing them as a punishment (like Lori seems to do). It took so long and we were so happy when it did finally happen we were thrilled. But even if it had not taken very long or we'd been able to have more than one - I would still not feel like Lori does. It says some really bad things about her.

10 minutes ago, Briefly said:

I have never understood women who complain about their kids.  I don't mean the occasional moment of being driven crazy, I'm talking about the constant griping and really seeing them as a punishment (like Lori seems to do). It took so long and we were so happy when it did finally happen we were thrilled. But even if it had not taken very long or we'd been able to have more than one - I would still not feel like Lori does. It says some really bad things about her.

My kids have driven me to drink on more occasions than I can count. One headstrong mom attempting to raise three headstrong kids...not exactly a recipe for harmonious life. BUT...I wouldn't trade a minute of it for anything. They STILL drive me bonkers at times...but...being their mom is the highlight of my life. The added gift of grandchildren just sorta puts the cherry on top. 

1 hour ago, Carol said:

Lori pulls stuff out of her ass all the time.

But she does it discreetly, so Ken doesn’t see. ‘Cause she’s a Christian (not to be confused with (Christian”). 

Lori geniuses 3:16 says  “I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children.” That was our punishment for the fall. And yes women went on to follow their husbands lead but that because they became property. 

Regarding clots during one's period: 

A couple years ago, I was found to be very low on stored iron. My doctor asked me if I passed clots during my cycle. Yes, I did. She said that was one sign of low ferritin (a protein that stores iron).  After several months on a strict regimen of iron tablets and vitamin C, my counts were normal and the clots had greatly decreased.  I just have to make sure I take the iron each day as even a high iron diet was not working for me.  

*I am NOT a healthcare professional, but if this information seems useful to anybody, you might ask your physician about it. 

Back to our regularly scheduled snarking. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived