IGNORED

Lori Alexander 45: Sensoring and Sensibility

9 hours ago, Koala said:

lie.PNG.18d78452bccd6b8c582763fb37ce5c67.PNG

Sorry, I don't believe this.  It would be completely unprofessional to tell your patient that you regret being a doctor.  How would that even come up in conversation?

IF this was said (which again, don't believe it, but whatever...), it's more likely that they regret being Lori's doctor- not a doctor.

Lori is full of shit. And her views and advice are dangerous. 

The doctor who operated on my eyes - orbital decompression - is a highly skilled female surgeon. When she did rounds the following few days, she brought her bright, inquisitive, son with her (asking patients' permission) and he was a delight amidst my misery. The boy was very engaging and obviously incredibly proud of his mom.

My ophthalmologist here is the mom of two children - now 7 and 9. When I first met them they were just small and she had a space in her clinic that was for them and the nanny. Her husband, my internist, works on the other side of the building and so the children always had mom and dad around. Now, they are at the clinic after school and they are really great kids. This eye doctor is an amazing woman. If you are interning in her clinic, you are sent to Nepal for 9 months, to help treat patients and to help eradicate rampant eye disease there. She also set up a program for her poorer patients here who don't qualify for Medicaid, but have minimal insurance. Basically you volunteer at any agency in town - 25 hrs is $1,000. This woman hugs her patients and she held my hand during a particularly rough appt. She loves being a mom and a doctor. 

During the last few years of my challenging medical journey I have met a number of amazing women. Doctors, nurses, techs, personal care attendants (one was a kind and caring Muslim woman who took care of me when I was temporarily blind - we had many deep and meaningful conversations about love), hospital admin, the food worker who delivered my meals and told me no dessert until I had eaten my vegetables, housekeeping etc. 

I have said it before and I'll say it again - if Lori was true to he "Christian" convictions she'd ignore the brain tumor and her other medical problems and just let nature take its course.

Lori is an ignorant asshole.

6 hours ago, Liza said:

Well, Ken has just posted his 2cents on staying with a man who abuses you.  

5af63f38d0a60_KenbacksLorionstayingwithphysicallyabusiveman.png.14c8b998a1be861e87b103e08c3c46bf.png

Ken, it takes much more than a husband promising he will never physically abuse again.  It takes a vlot of therapy and help.  Not just repentance. 

Many men have said  "Oh I am soo sorry and I will never do it again.  And then they do.  In fact that is the way it is.  Abuse ... nice period ... abuse.  Both you and Lori have taken a wrong and very uniformed stance on this issue and this puts women in danger of being seriously harmed or even killed.  Quite frankly, I am shocked that Lori and, now you, would post this sort of advice without having looked into the matter ... even briefly.  You are putting women in harms way.   

Ken is a moron. He reminds me of a bobble head. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Koala said:

Ken made that post right around the time today's post went down.  I guess Lori's blog posts are keeping him busy on his 60th birthday.  

How fitting.  

So does his birthday sex involve more than lube and 10 minutes. 

Yeah, I just grossed myself out.

4 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Just gonna say this. Ken clearly has no clue about the cycle of abuse:the abuse, the apologies, maybe some good behavior, and then back to the abuse. 

Furthermore, he assumes the abused spouse is not "winning" the abusive spouse to him. That's not a spouse's job. Additionally, abusers often don't see themselves as wrong. Often they see themselves as being the godly ones. 

An abused spouse can become as polite, as silent, as attentive, as kind as possible and it will not be good enough. 

So Ken, I think it's time to stop looking down your nose from your big white horse of "truth", get down, and sit with people in their pain. You will never truly begin to comprehend it until you take the time to listen in silence and humility as people share their pain. 

Both Ken and Lori have absolutely no idea about the real world. Where people don't live in wealthy neighborhoods. 

They don't understand living paycheck to paycheck. They don't understand hunger. They don't understand feeling trapped in an abusive relationship. They don't understand depression. Or isolation. Or sexism. Or racism. Or anything at all beyond their sparkling, white world. 

Lori goes on at length about her medical problems and care. Meanwhile, how many uninsured, or under insured Americans, suffer and die because they can't afford, or don't qualify, for the best care?

Lori peddles black salve. It's an alternative trinket for her. Do you honestly think she uses it? I don't; because I have known a couple of people who have used it for minor issues and the physical pain they suffered while it "worked" was notable. No, I would bet the farm that Lori runs off to the doctor at any and every sniffle or illness. Meanwhile, her gullible, poor, Quiverfull women, who have no extra money have surfed the internet today looking for cheap black salve, or worse, a way to make their own. 

P.S. Is Lori involved in the Amazon thing where she gets money if people click on her links and purchase the products? 

Alyssa is gorgeous and looks soooo kind. Wonder if Lori had envy of her charm and that's why Alyssa was her "difficult" child.

Absolutely all parents I know would feel proud of a child like Alyssa, because her career and her determination. 

I also had a look to Erin's business IG account. Beautiful family. But we know Erin and Ryan were into disciplining kids and they let Lori babysit. So I wonder if all of these Alexander smiling families are actually nightmares. Or they are hypocrites who preach one thing while living in a opposite way. 

breastfeeding.jpg.9a84904c5d62421b531bc9edfdbdee67.jpg

More crazy from Lori. 

Now here is a NORMAL response from a man that Lori will, no doubt delete ... or will she try to teach him?   

5af6b286d1294_breastfeedingisnormal.jpg.9227f5656b70a28cd9917c5a134ffe03.jpg

15 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

What a woman!!!   Thank you so much for posting this.  :wow:

From the blog post on women doctors:

“We can’t expect to disobey God’s clearly stated word (that women be keepers at home) and expect good to come out of it.”

I don’t subscribe to this theology- to me these types of statements are about works and legalism. It seems punitive- like God withholds blessings. 

I see comments like this a lot and I don’t understand why people think that. 

I have also done some light exploration of the concept of blasphemy and it seems (in my very basic research) that blasphemy refers to denying His existence, saying He isn’t real, etc. Does anyone have further insights? Even though I grew up in a Pentecostal Church, it’s a foreign concept. 

I”m crying over that video of Dr. Audrey Evans. My niece is staying at a Ronald McDonald House right now as her baby has pneumonia and needs a second heart surgery. What an amazing woman!

That, Lori, is how a woman makes a difference in the world. That is how you show God’s love. Not whining and haranguing people on the internet.

4 hours ago, Liza said:

breastfeeding.jpg.9a84904c5d62421b531bc9edfdbdee67.jpg

More crazy from Lori. 

Now here is a NORMAL response from a man that Lori will, no doubt delete ... or will she try to teach him?   

5af6b286d1294_breastfeedingisnormal.jpg.9227f5656b70a28cd9917c5a134ffe03.jpg

I commented on this comment. I just had to as a lactation consultant and woman who believes men are responsible for their own beliefs and actions. We both got deleted and blocked. Yipee.

Lori: women are frequently deceived once they get out from under their man.....but older women should lead young women. 

So too dumb to lead men but not too dumb to lead women? Got it. Wouldn't that perpetuate the cycle of gullibility to have a gullible woman teach another woman? 

Lori wants to portray herself as a suffering Saint. Suffering through hardship using only black salves while everyone takes the easy way out with doctors. Look how much she suffers from evil feminists harassing her on the Internet? 

Anytime a woman makes a positive difference in the world, something good coming out of her work. Creating charities, helping patients, fighting for rights, and just helping people is a good thing. Only a spiritually blind person wouldn't see that goodness. 

Any man who is aroused by the sight of a woman breastfeeding her child has serious issues. He's not normal and is bordering on pedophilia. Yes, I'll go there. 

Breasts have sexual connotations for the average Western hetero/bi male. I get that. But they are multi-purpose -- they also are used to feed babies. Just like lips are multi-purpose. We can use them erotically, or we can use them to eat, drink, etc. The fact that a man not only cannot separate his sexual desires from the everyday function of breasts but also involves children in his desires/fetish -- it's pedophilia. Period.

And the fact that Lori Alexander is supporting this does not surprise me in the least.

"Well, we do have a peculiar obsession with breasts in this culture. A lot of people think it's just the human nature to be fascinated with breasts but in many cultures, breasts aren't sexual at all. I interviewed a young anthropologist working with women in Mali, in a country in Africa where women go around with bare breasts. They're always feeding their babies. And when she told them that in our culture men are fascinated with breasts there was an instant of shock. The women burst out laughing. They laughed so hard, they fell on the floor. They said, "You mean, men act like babies?"

Source: Carolyn Latteier, Berman & Berman's TV program "All About Breasts"

I found this post on Lori's page and it cracked me up.  I had this vision of Phoebe banging away on a 2,000 year old version of a typewriter, writing up the church bulletin for that week, getting coffee for her boss and cleaning the church restrooms while muttering under her breath that the men never put the seat back down.  I found this explanation both absurd and hilarious and set off to post about it.  Here's the post. I am referring to  It is from a thread on biblical submission.

5af7390698e2f_ScreenShot2018-05-12at11_56_29AM.png.d93c7e35ac33ffc9b8fe8d1654bc05fd.png

Before I did I looked at Sarah's page and found this.

5af73a8bcd12f_ScreenShot2018-05-12at11_46_21AM.png.6ce2e08fdd75797971aacc3df885cffe.png

I was horrified.  How can someone who posts about the death of a friend from domestic abuse be supporting biblical submission?  The incongruence is really disturbing and makes me wonder how many of Lori's readers are so under the biblical patriarchy spell they can't see the forest for the trees.  

I've left this woman's name up because both are public pages.  I hope she comes here and explains herself.  The cognitive dissonance is tragic.    

ETA, I just realized I posted this on the wrong page.  Can a moderator please move it to Lori's?

The only doctor who ever expressed regret to me was a man.

Mild, meek, quiet? GTFOH, Lori is not and has never been any of these things! We would all dress like handmaids if it was up to her, complete with blinders. 

5 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

The only doctor who ever expressed regret to me was a man.

Mild, meek, quiet? GTFOH, Lori is not and has never been any of these things! We would all dress like handmaids if it was up to her, complete with blinders. 

While she went on wearing whatever she likes, because "Ken prefers it."

10 hours ago, dsjbeam said:

I commented on this comment. I just had to as a lactation consultant and woman who believes men are responsible for their own beliefs and actions. We both got deleted and blocked. Yipee.

What was your comment?  I'm curious to know what you said.

Happy Mothers Day!

What did Lori do for her mother today? I thought her mother was sick. Do we have an update on her mother's condition? 

11 hours ago, Briefly said:

What was your comment?  I'm curious to know what you said.

Hi. I wish I had screened shot it but basically said any mentally healthy man would not lust after a woman feeding and nurturing her baby even if there was some breast showing. And that men are responsible for their own beliefs, feelings and actions not women. Something like that. She deleted it within 10 minutes because Mark messaged me to tell me. He was just astounded by her ignorance as are we all. How can she have any supporters.  

Yeah, her Mother's Day Instagram and blog post are something...no mention of her own mom, or any of the mothers in her life.

20 minutes ago, Koala said:

Yeah, her Mother's Day Instagram and blog post are something...no mention of her own mom, or any of the mothers in her life.

It didn’t post on Facebook. Weird. 

53 minutes ago, Koala said:

Then the attention wouldn't be about her. 

20180513_102309.png

I noticed her daughter hasn' posted anything either. May be to early but it's telling for sure. 

On 5/12/2018 at 6:55 AM, dsjbeam said:

Good thing I didn't waste time letting her know that Ken is a degenerate horn dog and that not all men ogle women's breasts.

6 hours ago, Momto2Princesses said:

I noticed her daughter hasn' posted anything either. May be to early but it's telling for sure. 

I noticed this too. Alyssa put a sweet post up to mark Ken’s Birthday a few days back, will be interesting to see whether Lori gets the same treatment. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived