IGNORED

Lori Alexander 45: Sensoring and Sensibility

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ken must have his eyes all over FJ, because the title and the ridiculously-fonted picture are both changed to the correct spelling. 

Hi Ken! Maybe take away Lori's social media before she completely breaks with reality? I mean, she's about *this close* to declaring herself supreme leader of her little fledgling cult and claiming to be the official mouthpiece of God, but I guess you have no problem with that, huh? :pb_rollseyes:

4 minutes ago, SueEllenMishke said:

@Ken must have his eyes all over FJ, because the title and the ridiculously-fonted picture are both changed to the correct spelling. 

Hi Ken! Maybe take away Lori's social media before she completely breaks with reality? I mean, she's about *this close* to declaring herself supreme leader of her little fledgling cult and claiming to be the official mouthpiece of God, but I guess you have no problem with that, huh? :pb_rollseyes:

I don't know. Maybe he noticed it on his own and told her. I imagine he has to know how to spell for hs business, but obviously someone brought it to her attention.

You tell her Sarah!  Now, lunch is over so back to my evil public school substitute job...

Screenshot_2018-05-02-12-11-41.png

This comment made me laugh out loud: 

I absolutely adore how you're complaining about censorship while, simultaneously, deleting comments that you don't agree with. Keep up the good work. The Lord must be so proud of you. #IGiveThisOneMinuteAndThenItsGone

:clap:

I was just going to post that. I also laughed out loud. It's been up for four whole minutes now. Lori's losing her touch.

5 minutes ago, molecule said:

I was just going to post that. I also laughed out loud. It's been up for four whole minutes now. Lori's losing her touch.

#thehashtagwasthebestpart   :laughing-rolling:

By the way, @Jellybean, I think this is my favourite Lori thread title! :clap:

1 hour ago, SueEllenMishke said:

because the title and the ridiculously-fonted picture are both changed to the correct spelling. 

I think a multitude of people reported it to her. There is one comment she left up and indicated she changed it. Honestly at first I thought maybe she purposefully misspelled it for some reason for a play on words:  "sensing" "sensory" "senses"   much like the ridiculous "homepooling" a while back. 

Then I realized she's just dumb. 

I figured that other people probably reported it to her as well. But then I had the delightful image in my mind of Ken running from the computer like a cartoon, leaving a puff of dust behind him, yelling "The feminists! The feminists can spell! You must submit to me and change the spelling right now!" 

@lilwriter85said, in the previous thread:

We know Lori hates public schools, but she would have flip out if she knew that my public high school had an opposite sex dress up day one year for homecoming week.

Our kids' school had that too. It was fun. They called it "Gender Bender" day and was harmless.

Regarding Lori's misspelling of "censorship;" SHE IS A PUBLISHED AUTHOR AND A TEACHER!!  I don't care how lousy she was at each of those tasks, to have such a blatant misspelling as the title of her post is just STUPID!! She really should care enough about that blog to edit it...and then edit it again, like real writers do. 

8 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Regarding Lori's misspelling of "censorship;" SHE IS A PUBLISHED AUTHOR AND A TEACHER!!  I don't care how lousy she was at each of those tasks, to have such a blatant misspelling as the title of her post is just STUPID!! She really should care enough about that blog to edit it...and then edit it again, like real writers do. 

But...but...ya don't got to spel gud to be a wiff and muther, ya just got to noe haow to OBAY!!!  

9 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

What is she DOING with that 4-6 hours a day she takes to write a post? Pondering how to get those numbers back up to 150,000 people per week. She went VIRAL, you know!

13 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Our kids' school had that too. It was fun. They called it "Gender Bender" day and was harmless.

When my daughter was still in high school she participated in a powderpuff football game. Most of the girls playing were sporty types happy for the chance to play football. The sole reason my kid played was for the jersey with her name on it. The actual football team were the cheerleaders. Wigs, dresses, make-up, awesome dance routines, the works. So much fun and yes, completely harmless.

5 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

When my daughter was still in high school she participated in a powderpuff football game. Most of the girls playing were sporty types happy for the chance to play football. The sole reason my kid played was for the jersey with her name on it. The actual football team were the cheerleaders. Wigs, dresses, make-up, awesome dance routines, the works. So much fun and yes, completely harmless.

Aw! This is making me miss those days. My daughter LOVED the Powder Puff football nights. At her school, it was junior girls vs. senior girls and each team had a couple football players for coaches. They did face paint, crazy socks, all that. The evening ended with a bonfire.  She was really into all that stuff and we loved seeing her embrace it all. Our son didn't really go for the "crazy" days but that was fine...not his thing. He did, however,  go to the Homecoming dance when his baby sister was a freshman and he was a  junior.  She stormed in after the dance and slammed the door - "HE WATCHED ME ALL NIGHT LONG!"  He was keeping an eye on her and I thought it was so sweet. 

Love it!

whyusefacebook.thumb.PNG.9e8138caab41f0be597eef7350e0189b.PNG

Yup, FB is just like her blog. Her entire FB page is like a comment on someone else's blog and FB can do whatever they want with your stuff.

I asked Ken at 2.0 the same question Megan did and he never responded. 

Wow she responded. What does she mean she explained that in her post? Why not use it? LOL. If you are against using public school you should be against facebook for the same reasons. 

whyusefacebook.PNG

2 hours ago, SueEllenMishke said:

I figured that other people probably reported it to her as well. But then I had the delightful image in my mind of Ken running from the computer like a cartoon, leaving a puff of dust behind him, yelling "The feminists! The feminists can spell! You must submit to me and change the spelling right now!" 

I loved the mental pictured that conjured.  Ken pulling out his hair, look of horror upon his face.  Lori giving Ken his token submission.  

Oh she got rid of the Chris comment after responding but has left up megan so far.

2 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Oh she got rid of the Chris comment after responding but has left up megan so far.

Figured she would delete his, he wasn't actively condemning FB's 'sensorship.'  :roll: 

Lori doesn't care about understanding any reasons, she just wants to keep on martyrbating about being persecuted.  

Ugh, people thinking freedom of speech means the freedom to say whatever you want without consequences is a huge pet peeve of mine. 

Lori's viewership dropped because 1) she stopped paying to boost her posts so now they only go to people that like her page 2) she's a one trick pony.  We keep up with her, but for others how many times do you need to read about submission, homeschooling, keepers at home, etc.  and 3) she's deleted and banned so many people that what viewership she did have has been reduced by her own actions.

She also doesn't understand what hate speech is.  Hate speech is a specific thing.  It's not just fundamentalist theology.   I don't think I've ever seen anything on Lori's FB that qualifies as hate speech, so she has no need to be worried about her page being "sensored." (my spell check does not like this spelling of censored)

Freedom of speech only applies to the government stopping you from speaking negatively about...the government.  Sites that are not owned by the govt get to make their own rules.   FB could say you have to post naked wearing a chicken on your head and while I have no idea how they would police that, it could be a requirement to post there.

TL;DR  Lori is dumb

3 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I don't know. Maybe he noticed it on his own and told her. I imagine he has to know how to spell for hs business, but obviously someone brought it to her attention.

You tell her Sarah!  Now, lunch is over so back to my evil public school substitute job...

Screenshot_2018-05-02-12-11-41.png

I love Sarah's comment!

Our three kids go to parochial schools.  The local public school refused to step in during instances of bullying, reported by several families, because "they didn't want to upset" parents of a "star athlete."  Our oldest came home with her arms bruised up and that was when Mama bear came out and we pulled our kids from school.  We uncovered a web of lies and found out some of the faculty were encouraging kids to pick on other "less-than" kids.

My oldest tested at 2nd grade level in 4th grade at her old school.  After moving to her new school, she was tested again, two months later.  She averaged 6th grade level, some subjects were 7th and 8th grade.  

Overall, I have nothing against public schools.  But when the board members are puppets to the families with money, etc., then I have an issue.  If a kid thrives in public school, that's great.  Do they do better in a private school?  That's okay, too.  Each kid is an individual and can do amazing things.

12 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Ugh, people thinking freedom of speech means the freedom to say whatever you want without consequences is a huge pet peeve of mine. 

Everybody will say he/she has a right, but few want to say they have responsibility.

5 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Yes, this. If she's free to spew her crap, others are allowed to call it out as crap. 

Also, while I don't remember any gender-bending type days going on when I was in school, the church I grew up in (fundie-lite, at least by time I got there) had an all-male "wedding", once! I'm not sure what the purpose of it was, but we have super-8 film of my grandpa in a wedding dress, and some of the other men in bridesmaids dresses. The only woman involved in the whole thing was my mother, who was the organist. She dressed as a man with a fake mustache. (This would have been late 60's or very early 70's.) The film has no sound but it was obviously all very silly and done in fun. Lori would probably have an aneurysm.

Back in the dim, dark days of the 1970s, Powder Puff football was a huge deal at the high schools in my area. I wonder if it was a thing at Lori's high school as well. She was a cheerleader, right? Although I honestly can't picture her swapping out her cheerleader uniform for a football jersey and actually participating. :naughty:

I’ve done this many times, as have most people. Where has it gotten us? Deleted and banned. 

96D3F190-B30D-4B16-8A87-C2346ED0CB16.png

6 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Wow she responded. What does she mean she explained that in her post? Why not use it? LOL. If you are against using public school you should be against facebook for the same reasons. 

whyusefacebook.PNG

Oh, Lori, the First Amendment only applies to what the GOVERNMENT has to let you say.  FB is not the government; they can kick off  or censor whomever they want.

(Hover over the comic in the link; a very relevant secret message will appear.)

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived