IGNORED

Lori Alexander 45: Sensoring and Sensibility

1 hour ago, jerkit said:

Yes exactly! Let’s talk about how doctor’s are stretched too thin and patient care suffers because of it. And find solutions to THAT problem rather than blaming it on women.

If I understand correctly the reason there is a lack of doctors is because the AMA restrictions on the number of admissions to mmedical schools? 

Also Lori you are quoting from UK statistics this us the US. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The breakdown- 

We know she took it down, because it disappeared from both her blog and Facebook.  That couldn't be a coincidence.  It is still down from Facebook, but she's put it back up on her blog.  

In other words, she told Ken what she told him a long time ago- If you don't like it, get your own blog.  She's submissive that way.

She's now got her afternoon post up.  (Am I the only one that thinks 2 blog posts AND a notebook doodle a day is super excessive????)

Here's a link to the post she shared.  Be warned- the pictures are absolutely HORRIFYING, but a good example of what can happen when you treat yourself with random shit you bought on the interweb.

https://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/11/wonders-of-black-salve.html

1 hour ago, HoneyBunny said:

As far as medical professionals go, I think women bring a compassion to what they do that certainly has made a difference in my life. 

I have worked in health care (in a business function) for nearly 30 years. If it weren't for women in health care the entire industry would crumble....not just physicians, but all the other allied health and support staff. Every hospital/health system I've worked in (3 of them in 30 years) is heavily staffed on the female side.  Two of the health systems had female presidents/CEOs who were former nurses who worked their way up the ranks.  I wonder what Lori's opinion is on those "traditional" female health care roles: Nurses, social workers, dietitians, unit secretaries, clerical staff.  Even if hypothetically speaking all these "terrible" working women quit to stay home, there wouldn't be enough interested or qualified men to fulfil all the roles needed in healthcare to make it work.  The system would crumble. It would.

I am fortunate to work in an environment where both men and women -- clinical as well as non-clinical -- work side by side to fulfill our mission to providing the best healthcare possible to everyone. These are some of the most compassionate people I know.  They are not selfish in anyway, and the great majority are parents, too. We all make it work for the betterment of society and our families are not suffering. 

So that black salve cures skin cancer in Lori's? What.the.actual.fuck.

Someday I fear someone is going to die because of her "mentoring".Either treating cancer with woo woo cream or getting beaten to death by their "godly" abusive husband.

Also, she went to a special shop to avoid the petrochemicals in Vaseline? :2wankers: Lori, you do know that Vaseline is also called petroleum jelly, right?

Does she even know what the term petrochemicals means?

Petrochemicals (also known as petroleum distillates) are chemical products derived from petroleum. Some chemical compounds made from petroleum are also obtained from other fossil fuels, such as coal or natural gas, or renewable sources such as corn or sugar cane.  The two most common petrochemical classes are olefins (including ethylene and propylene) and aromatics (including benzene, toluene and xylene isomers) (Wikipedia).

lie.PNG.18d78452bccd6b8c582763fb37ce5c67.PNG

Sorry, I don't believe this.  It would be completely unprofessional to tell your patient that you regret being a doctor.  How would that even come up in conversation?

IF this was said (which again, don't believe it, but whatever...), it's more likely that they regret being Lori's doctor- not a doctor.

9 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

So that black salve cures skin cancer in Lori's? What.the.actual.fuck.

Someday I fear someone is going to die because of her "mentoring".Either treating cancer with woo woo cream or getting beaten to death by their "godly" abusive husband.

Also, she went to a special shop to avoid the petrochemicals in Vaseline? :2wankers: Lori, you do know that Vaseline is also called petroleum jelly, right?

Does she even know what the term petrochemicals means?

Petrochemicals (also known as petroleum distillates) are chemical products derived from petroleum. Some chemical compounds made from petroleum are also obtained from other fossil fuels, such as coal or natural gas, or renewable sources such as corn or sugar cane.  The two most common petrochemical classes are olefins (including ethylene and propylene) and aromatics (including benzene, toluene and xylene isomers) (Wikipedia).

I was dying about that, too. But, as we’ve said...Lazy Lori is gullible; ergo, of course, ALL women are gullible. 

Honestly, if I had that thing on my arm I would have beat a path to my dermo’s office several weeks before it got that bad. I’ve gone for checks of things far less impressive than that. When it comes to health, she is her own worst enemy. But she no doubt likes it that way. More attention for her when she’s sick, doncha know. 

The doctor post. What if it is about Doc McStuffins? What if her grandkids, specifically the granddaughters*, are getting grand ideas?

*I don't remember the sex of Lori's grandkids. 

3 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

I also believe her son who is an orthodontist in NY has a female colleague in their practice.   Too close to home. 

I forgot about the son's colleague at the practice. I'm wondering if the son or someone else in Ken's professional circle has confronted him regarding Lori's blog, FB, and Ken's own social media activity.

18 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

The doctor post. What if it is about Doc McStuffins? What if her grandkids, specifically the granddaughters*, are getting grand ideas?

*I don't remember the sex of Lori's grandkids. 

Classic secondary morbid gain (that includes getting attention, which isn't mentioned in the wiki)

An example would be an individual having stomach cramps when household chores are completed by a family.

4 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I also think it was likely Ken who intervened on this one. "Lori! Don't you realize many of my clients are female! If they read this they might not work with me anymore! Then you'd have to buy regular butter instead of organic!"

This made me laugh. If Ken lost a client due to Lori's blog and their other social media activities, I doubt she would actually give a shit and I think deep down Ken knows that.

22 minutes ago, HoneyBunny said:

I was dying about that, too. But, as we’ve said...Lazy Lori is gullible; ergo, of course, ALL women are gullible. 

Honestly, if I had that thing on my arm I would have beat a path to my dermo’s office several weeks before it got that bad. I’ve gone for checks of things far less impressive than that. When it comes to health, she is her own worst enemy. But she no doubt likes it that way. More attention for her when she’s sick, doncha know. 

The rabbit hole gets deeper this amazon comment I posted yesterday in response to Hannah's mysterious review where she claimed she was hacked is now gone. Was this commenter threatened?

mama2mine.PNG

Can I just say, I started following Alyssa on IG out of morbid curiousity, but I pretty much love her now.  Takes really good care of herself, but she and the women she works with at that fitness studio are super encouraging.  I just spent the last 7 months losing 40 lbs, and she inspires me.  I don't live that far away from San Diego, and if I lived close I would totally go work out with Alyssa.  Me and my fat 53-year-old ass. 

She and her husband are cute and look like they have so much fun.  And several days back Lori quoted Jon's wedding homily, or reflection, or whatever that he gave at a friend's wedding that he officiated.  It talked about obedience glorifying God, and Lori made it sound like he had addressed it to the bride, but actually, he had given that instruction to BOTH the bride and groom.

Yes, I'm way too involved with a stranger.  I am not a stalker. Ahem.

What did Lori post about Doc McStuffins?  Yes, Doc McStuffin's mom is a pediatrician, but Dottie's "patients" are toys!  It looks like a show that would be great for my preschool granddaughters, but neither of them have cable or satellite.  

Lori is pretty transparent and it's easy to tell when she's been annoyed by something in the real world. We've seen posts about immodest women after Lori and Ken go out to dinner. Or the sunbathers on the beach. I'm wondering if this sudden reignition of hatred for female doctor women has to do with her mother's hospice care? Unless I've missed something, she hasn't mentioned her mother since the salad post. 

45 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

What did Lori post about Doc McStuffins?  Yes, Doc McStuffin's mom is a pediatrician, but Dottie's "patients" are toys!  It looks like a show that would be great for my preschool granddaughters, but neither of them have cable or satellite.  

She didn't.  I just wonder if Lori's doctor post is also against role models for preschoolers like Doc McStuffin. I know she is a toy doctor but I wouldn't put it passed Lori for being annoyed her grandkids might be watching that show. 

Well, Ken has just posted his 2cents on staying with a man who abuses you.  

5af63f38d0a60_KenbacksLorionstayingwithphysicallyabusiveman.png.14c8b998a1be861e87b103e08c3c46bf.png

Ken, it takes much more than a husband promising he will never physically abuse again.  It takes a vlot of therapy and help.  Not just repentance. 

Many men have said  "Oh I am soo sorry and I will never do it again.  And then they do.  In fact that is the way it is.  Abuse ... nice period ... abuse.  Both you and Lori have taken a wrong and very uniformed stance on this issue and this puts women in danger of being seriously harmed or even killed.  Quite frankly, I am shocked that Lori and, now you, would post this sort of advice without having looked into the matter ... even briefly.  You are putting women in harms way.   

Ken made that post right around the time today's post went down.  I guess Lori's blog posts are keeping him busy on his 60th birthday.  

How fitting.  

2 hours ago, Liza said:

Well, Ken has just posted his 2cents on staying with a man who abuses you.  

5af63f38d0a60_KenbacksLorionstayingwithphysicallyabusiveman.png.14c8b998a1be861e87b103e08c3c46bf.png

Ken, it takes much more than a husband promising he will never physically abuse again.  It takes a vlot of therapy and help.  Not just repentance. 

Many men have said  "Oh I am soo sorry and I will never do it again.  And then they do.  In fact that is the way it is.  Abuse ... nice period ... abuse.  Both you and Lori have taken a wrong and very uniformed stance on this issue and this puts women in danger of being seriously harmed or even killed.  Quite frankly, I am shocked that Lori and, now you, would post this sort of advice without having looked into the matter ... even briefly.  You are putting women in harms way.   

Just gonna say this. Ken clearly has no clue about the cycle of abuse:the abuse, the apologies, maybe some good behavior, and then back to the abuse. 

Furthermore, he assumes the abused spouse is not "winning" the abusive spouse to him. That's not a spouse's job. Additionally, abusers often don't see themselves as wrong. Often they see themselves as being the godly ones. 

An abused spouse can become as polite, as silent, as attentive, as kind as possible and it will not be good enough. 

So Ken, I think it's time to stop looking down your nose from your big white horse of "truth", get down, and sit with people in their pain. You will never truly begin to comprehend it until you take the time to listen in silence and humility as people share their pain. 

Lori's post on the medical profession is back up, and I feel sorry for this commenter who do not like female doctors.

Spoiler

IMG_1366.thumb.PNG.8b515cfc85ee5ac2306ab74f062a5eef.PNG

It seems her husband had mutliple sexual partners.

I work in an Occupational Therapy department of a hospital, all female. Several staff members take parental leave, one works four-day weeks, a couple of others are on half days (8:30-12:00). I don't think it negatively affects the patients because we have an additional staff member that covers the afternoon hours of the two part time staff. Health workers are less burned out, there are more positions overall and of course it's beneficial for children, most who can survive 3-4 hours a day in the care of someone other than mother. (Even the Pearls believe that young kids can be trained to play for two hours without needing an adult's attention, so why does the mother even need to be there?). 

I remember someone asking her on her old blog what she thought of the European model of work and parental leave, she snapped back that she 'doesnt care how it's done in other countries'. She gave a similar response  when someone brought up societies with more open attitudes to breastfeeding... (basically every country outside of the USA and the British Isles). 

I think a lot of fundies have a hard time visualising God outside their white, suburban America. It's all darkness and chaos and God doesn't have much imput out here in Europe 

40 minutes ago, cara said:

I think a lot of fundies have a hard time visualising God outside their white, suburban America. It's all darkness and chaos and God doesn't have much imput out here in Europe 

I seriously think you're right. When all the hurricanes and bad weather was hitting the US last year many were swearing up and down that it was the end times. Look at all the bad weather and shootings in America! I had to kindly point out that bad weather and shootings are a norm (depending on the area and circumstances) for some people outside of the US. Where's the cry of it being the end times for those people? Only when bad things happen in the US did the fundamentals pay attention. Ethnocentrism at its best. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived