IGNORED

Sister Wives 6: Five Adults or Are There? Mariah Is Engaged.

Coconut Flan

I am confused about Christine's house.  She kept referencing a closing.  I've never heard of a closing for a rental.  Am I missing something here or did she actually buy her house?  And if she did, what are they up to?

27 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I am confused about Christine's house.  She kept referencing a closing.  I've never heard of a closing for a rental.  Am I missing something here or did she actually buy her house?  And if she did, what are they up to?

She bought a house. She said on Twitter a little while back that she couldn’t find a rental that allowed her pets so she decided to buy instead. 

ETA: here it is 

https://mobile.twitter.com/rosecolored6/status/1107434669589450752

Edited by mstee
  • Upvote 1

The Brown Family moves to Flagstaff. I know it is easy to be Monday morning quarterback, and say that for a family that has moved several times (I believe Meri said 19 times an episode or two ago) they have not mastered the act of packing or moving, heck they don’t appear to even be decent at it. They were still packing on moving day. 

Janelle and Kody discuss how convenient the cul de sac has been, the ease of being able to walk next-door to borrow something. Savannah (Janelle’s youngest) goes to Christine’s every morning to get her hair done. Over the show’s duration it has become clear Janelle’s kids are all close with Christine. Janelle guesses it will take two years to establish their family culture, my guess is she figures they will have built their homes in Flagstaff by then. Only two of the Las Vegas homes have sold as of now, can they afford to build in Flagstaff? What if it takes longer than two years to be living next door, or in one big house? In five years Savannah will graduate high school, and they will only have three children under the age of 18 (Truely, Solomon and Ari), so how many kids will be living at home and get to experience the benefit of the family culture. 

Kody said originally we were moving to save money, now we are moving to an attractive place (don’t forget the trees) so it would appeal to the kids. Kody is constantly advertising Flagstaff. Kody has said he wants his family, friends and children to all fall in love with Flagstaff and move there. 

Maddie got a solo interview, and said there is not much job opportunity in Flagstaff (FS). Maddie also made it clear she is not leaving her parents, she and Caleb moved to Las Vegas to be near family, the family is leaving Las Vegas. Maddie said her parents moved a lot when she was a kid, and she doesn’t plan to follow them around the country. She will be surprised if FS is their final destination, she said all the adults get bored, Robyn is the only one who has expressed interest in this being their last move. Maddie said what if we moved to FS, and my parents move again? Kody said they have moved to advance his job position and make a better life for the family. 

The day before the move the parents have a pow-wow to discuss the plan for moving day—excellent timing. Christine has not yet closed on her home so presumably she and her kids are moving into a hotel for a few weeks. Kody said once they are unloading in FS they will do Robyn’s house first, so once they do everyone else’s homes if they have extra stuff they can store it at Robyn’s. Janelle’s rental is furnished, and Christine can’t move her stuff into the house yet because she hasn’t closed, so is all this stuff going to Robyn’s? Robyn’s rental is 6,800 square feet, so clearly she has the room. They plan to pack the meat into coolers the day of the move. The Browns buy a whole cow, and then get 600 pounds of meat they divide between each other, so they have a ton of meat in their freezers, that has to go into coolers with dry ice. Kody thinks it will take one hour to load each house into the truck. Christine is on board, oh yeah we can do that in an hour; Meri and Robyn’s faces clearly think he is nuts. 

Gabe has not packed his room at all, and they are leaving tomorrow. Gabe said no I am not packed, I don’t understand why we are moving, first it was to save money, but that isn’t the case, he said his parents don’t like the Vegas mentality. Gabe went on to say his parents are all hicks that want to live in a small town, and the kids are city slickers. Gabe disappears to give a friend a ride, and two hours later Janelle is trying to track him down to come home and help. Robyn said we have a large group to help we need to give Gabe some room. Robyn’s house has 1/3 to 1/2 of the stuff left in the house, and the truck is almost full. The parents feel conflicted, and Christine said it is spontaneous, too fast, yet it feels right. Robyn asks why didn’t they hire movers? 

The goal is to leave at 9am, so plan to leave at 10 hope they are on the road by 11. I guess the Brown family is on Duggar time. 

Caleb, Maddie, Aspyn and Mitch are helping with the move on moving day, but have to return to Las Vegas that night because the guys have work tomorrow. Also the kids have to register for school in person tomorrow. I didn’t see Logan, Hunter, Paedon or Mykelti helping move (I would also plan to be working or at school that day). All the wives are asking Kody if they can have an extra person to help move things, and Kody said this does not reflect well on polygamy, shows when you are stretched thin, and asks the wives could you use another man around? At 11:30am Maddie asks Kody if some of the kids can take the packed trucks, go to FS, and start unloading. At noon a good portion of the moving trucks and personal vehicles leave for FS. For the cameras Meri and Robyn say to each other wait people left? I thought we were all going together, yeah I thought that too. Kody wants but doesn’t have time to say goodbye. Kody is angry because he wants time to remember the magic of moving in. 

There are a ton of moving trucks and vehicles lining Robyn’s street. Naturally the neighbors are wondering why are so many people, and so many vehicles here. Christine makes introductions, and says this is Robyn’s house (points out Robyn) and says we are one family. They do not state they are polygamist, but said if they are asked directly if they are polygamist they will answer honestly. As a neighbor my concern would be how many people are living in the house. Yes, it is huge, but are 20 people and their 20 cars going to be living in it? The parents and kids in couch interviews say they don’t know if they will be accepted by the community. Kody asks the kids to gather so he can give them a tour of Robyn’s house. Only Robyn, Kody and Dayton have seen the rental, so make that six trips to FS (I said five trips last week). 

Kody and Caleb have an emotional goodbye, both are crying, it seems very genuine. Kody said they are stuck with their decision (buying Coyote Pass?), and they have been in exile for 7.5 years when they were kicked out of Lehi, UT, and this is the first time in 12 years they are choosing a place, which makes it feel like home. Kody also again referred to FS as yummy. 

Mariah requested a family prayer before she and Audrey left. Kody thanked God for their beautiful exile. Mariah told Meri we will be ok, and Meri was appreciative of that, and felt like they were moving forward. Meri was crying after Mariah and Audrey left, and Ari was very sweet, and said it’s ok Meri. 

Next episode is the tell all. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 9

16 hours ago, StraightOuttaArkansas said:

Yes, but that still lacked a common space and I am unclear about the entrances? Did they have to see each other or did they have separate doors to the outside, since that seemed to be such a big deal when Kody was looking at the plans? I can only remember the house Meri bought from her family that had separate entrances. I wonder if that style house played a roll in how close the older kids are and if it would help cementing the younger one? Either way, yes they did do the one house thing already, it showed how bad an idea it is, but they were not their long enough for viewers to get a real sense and to show a downside of polygamy (because I honestly can't think a good reality with it)

Common space wasn't really necessary, they assembled like they did in the cul de sac, at one house or another. No separate doors to the outside that I remember, because they could go from one wife's area to the other without going outside. They dealt with each other a lot more in the original plyg house.

Kody should stop lying. He doesn't have a job, how can he be moving to "advance his job position"? LOLOLOL

And they chose to move to Vegas, nobody forced them. Such bull.

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

On 4/8/2019 at 10:07 AM, Queen Of Hearts said:

Does anyone know if the new proposed 'one house' floor plan from the last episode is available online anywhere, like in  video clip or screen shot?  I don't have cable but have to admit to being intrigued.  

I thought the Utah house actually made sense (as much as anything can make sense in that lifestyle).  Sounds like this new proposed floor plan may be similar.

Here ya go:

https://soapdirt.com/sister-wives-kody-browns-big-house-blueprints-no-throne-room/

Sister-Wives-Kody-Brown-Blueprints-768x427.jpg

• Thank You 4
  • Love 1

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/sister-wives-star-janelle-brown-snaps-at-a-fan-on-twitter/

Janelle did not appreciate someone suggesting a go fund me to allow Gabe to stay in Las Vegas. 

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/kody-and-christine-browns-son-graduates-national-guard-boot-camp/

Paedon graduated boot camp. 

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/did-the-sister-wives-family-build-one-home-in-flagstaff-arizona/

Clip of the one mega house floor plan/blue print. 

Edited by HA88
Additional link
  • Thank You 3

3 hours ago, HA88 said:

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/sister-wives-star-janelle-brown-snaps-at-a-fan-on-twitter/

Janelle did not appreciate someone suggesting a go fund me to allow Gabe to stay in Las Vegas. 

If I were forced to move hundreds of miles away, I'd probably not want to leave one of my teens behind, even a senior in HS. BUT, if he had a sister and her husband living in the area I'd absolutely try to work that arrangement out, assuming I knew he wouldn't take advantage of them or was a problem child.  Gabe has been portrayed as a good kid.

As reality shows go, though, this one is very much staged.  Do we know what happened with Gabe "in real life"?

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

As reality shows go, though, this one is very much staged.  Do we know what happened with Gabe "in real life"?

From what I've read, he's settled at the new school and doing very well.  But who really knows?    We will find out if there is a Dramatic, Oh so Stressful, Rush To The Graduation, will they, won't they, make it!, like there was  when the olders graduated,  come next season.   And see what happens from there.   

Edited by SweetLaurel
clarifying
  • Upvote 1

On 4/8/2019 at 8:51 PM, HA88 said:

Robyn’s rental is 6,800 square feet

I just cannot even imagine a house that big.  I grew up in a family of 7 in a small Cape Cod style home.  WTH do you do with a 6,800 square foot house?

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, freethemall said:

Thank you!!!!  That's a really nice floor plan, actually, and seems ideal for a polygamous family.  The designer did a nice job.  But as it seems as if the Browns don't really like each other much I am sure they won't be building one big house.

• I Agree 3

Isn't the whole point of polygamy to live as a large family? The Browns are not models for the lifestyle. They can't stand each other. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Once again in the tell all - kids sound unbelievably mature and supportive of each other. So glad to hear Gabe is doing okay. The siblings came through.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

To break up the whole Sister Wives convo, can we talk about how SuChin Pak hasn't aged a day since her first days on MTV? Seriously, she still looks the same. I always liked her as a VJ.

• Upvote 2

Sister Wives Tell All Part One with SuChin Pak

Robyn wants to be buried in Flagstaff, no more moving. SuChin brings up the number of moves, and Christine acts like she has to protect Kody. Why? Kody made the choice to move 19 times. Kody said something changed, at 22 he became a fundamentalist mormon, and he tried on homes for year to find where he fit. Last episode he said he moved for work, better job opportunities. Kody said his intention and plan is for Flagstaff to be forever, but can’t guarantee it. Robyn is frustrated they are all non committal to staying in Flagstaff. Kody said his will was broken when he had to leave Utah. 

They rehash Meri’s catfish drama. Seriously how many seasons can we beat this dead horse? Meri said they she and Kody left their “bad, funky energy in Las Vegas. “ Meri and Kody are dating again, it is like she is a new girlfriend. There is still awkwardness between them. 

Maddie, Hunter, Ysabel, Dayton, Gwen, Paedon, Aurora and Gabe are interviewed. Gwen said there are hot guys in Flagstaff (FS). Aurora said they have had positive and negative interactions in FS. The kids like seeing each other at school. Gabe said it is a lot easier to have siblings that have gone through a tough move to lean on. Gabe said he felt it was unfair to him, but not an unfair choice to move. He also hides how he feels from his mom so she doesn’t worry. Hunter said when they moved from Utah to Vegas he was immature, childish, and it haunts him with how he acted. Hunter said Gabe was more mature with how he handled the move. Gabe got choked up when saying how helpful Hunter was, checking in on him. I admire Gabe for being so honest and emotional on TV. Hunter said the move to Vegas was tough, but he has lots of wonderful memories there, and hopes the kids feel the same about FS. 

The parents gather again and said they have to be more intentional about seeing each other. There was a clip of the parents “cursing” a time filler I guess. A clip of Meri pursing the inn in Utah was shown. Kody said at the time he didn’t think it was a good investment or beneficial. 

Part two next week. 

Edited by HA88
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

Would the county clerk's office just give out that info? I'm not sure what is public knowledge and private info here. 

On 4/20/2019 at 12:27 AM, DaisyD said:

Would the county clerk's office just give out that info? I'm not sure what is public knowledge and private info here. 

Tax information is public record (at least in the jurisdictions I’m familiar with). 

• Upvote 2

https://starcasm.net/polygamist-darger-family-house-full-of-spouses-reality-show-hgtv/?fbclid=IwAR0IEa1K5ClYFYVoomaiNxTBFbuYByAzbjFBN0PAhAaf8_cknn-3gxIgRQc

The pilot will air on HGTV Thursday 2pm EST and it is "As we understand it is a pilot dedicated to remodel projects for alternative families." I don't know what the show entails, but I hope they have blueprints for the Darger's one mega house it would be fun to compare it to the plans Kody just had drawn up for his one enormous house in Flagstaff. 

The Darger family appeared on Sister Wives years ago when the two families went on vacation together. The Darger family also had a TLC special My Three Wives, and they presented as a united functional polygamist family. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

@HA88 I would watch this but it doesn’t look like it will be on in Canada. If you watch I would love a recap.

@Botkinetti here's your recap. 

House Full of Spouses on HGTV episode one featuring the Darger family

I could not find a link to the show; it doesn’t look like HGTV has done much to promote it. 

Please excuse typos and grammar mistakes. My six week old foster kitten “helped” me. His idea of helping is chewing on the computer charger, walking across the keyboard, batting at the screen, etc. 

Married Rachel and Greg Hansen are the hosts, and have a young son. They specialize in renovating homes for polygamist families outside of Salt Lake City. Rachel grew up in polygamist family. 

The Darger family, husband Joe, wives Alina, Vickie and Valerie, they have 25 kids, but only 10 live at home. Their current house is in Herriman, UT, 30 minutes south of Salt Lake City. The house is 9 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms 4,300 square feet. It appears to have a kitchen, laundry room, family room upstairs, and another kitchen, family room, laundry room downstairs. Vickie, Joe, Alina met and started dating when seniors in high school. The ladies are cousins. Ten years later Valerie joined the family, she is Vickie’s twin sister. Currently all three wives have their own bedroom, and Joe rotates between the three rooms. They said in other polygamous families the husband has the master bedroom, and each night (or whatever the schedule) a wife joins him in his room, but this is not how the Dargers operate. Joe said he would like to have his own master, a closet where he could store all his stuff, and not have it scattered between his three wives' rooms. 

The Dargers want a bigger area to gather and entertain, a decent laundry room (they do 42 loads a week), and a possibly a table they where they could all fit (presumably just the 14 living at home). Their choices are to renovate their current house, or buy new place. They have $75,000 to put toward renovation, or if they sold, potential sale revenue is $600,000 plus 75K from the reno budget for a total of $675,000. 

Their must have: bigger entertaining space for 100 or more, more efficient laundry space. Currently the upstairs pantry and laundry room are in the same room, appears to only be one washer and dryer (stackable). It would cost eight grand to remove load bearing wall to make kitchen/pantry more efficient. 

The downstairs kitchen/living room needs reconfigured, and the laundry room has a washer and dryer, but the room is tiny. They could remove wall/add beam: $10,170, remodel kitchen $62,005, add sliding door $3,525 for more light. 

The Dargers said all four have to agree on major decisions, and the remodel is going to exceed the budgeted $75,000. 

Rachel and Greg show them a house, and have suggested renovations to make it more functional. The house is a 4 bedroom, three bathroom, 4,100 square feet with an unfinished area in the basement. Joe not a fan of the peach color or the river rock on the exterior. It is a nice sized lot (area not specified), it has privacy and mountain views. The house is on the market for $640,000 which leaves $35,000 for renovation budget. The house has a beautiful view, but kitchen and family room are too small. Option 1 Kitchen update $34,760. Option 2 add bedrooms $32,450. There are only four bedrooms, so they would need to add five bedrooms in the unfinished area to have as many as they currently do. The square footage of the unfinished area is not specified. So they could have either kitchen or extra bedrooms, can’t have both, and there is no way that kitchen would work. They could add patio and deck for $14,980. Yes, a deck is wonderful for extending the entertaining and dining area, but they live in Salt Lake City, this isn’t an option year round. They would need to get price down to $625,000 to have option 1 Kitchen update and deck $49,740 or option 2 basement bedrooms plus deck $47,430. I imagine they showed them this house to give another “option”, but there is no way this would be a viable contender. 

Current house Pros: kitchen of dreams, big family gathering space could be created downstairs; Cons:over budget, closer to $95,000. 

House on market: Pros: privacy, outdoor space, room to grow; Cons: must choose between new kitchen or more bedrooms

They decide to make renovations on their current house with qualifications (Joe’s word) the design downstairs to let in more light, open up load bearing wall, and leave upstairs as is. 

The budget breakdown for renovating the downstairs (upstairs in not being touched) Remove wall/add beam: $10,170, Expand laundry room $4,985, Kitchen remodel $62,005, Expand entertaining area: $14,300, add slider $3,525. Reno total: $94,985, current budget $75,000. Joe bumped up budget by $10,000, but this left him $10,000 short. To make up the ten thousand dollar difference the family it providing free labor.  

On the first day during demo they found mold behind cabinets. They will have to replace drywall, but if the mold is in the walls and studs it will be a more expensive repair. Luckily the mold is contained, and they just need to replace drywall. 

The wives would also like to create a space for Joe, a glorified closet to keep all his gear, where he can get dressed. The money is already maxed out, so tops $1,000 budget for Joe’s room. Joe’s room is a surprise, so keep it a secret. The room will have a closet, dresser, chair, and be painted dark green. It is not a bedroom, no bed in the room.

Rachel is using vinyl plank for flooring to save money, but Alina is concerned it will look cheap. They are going to incorporate the wooden beams (had to add support beams when they took down walls) and don’t want log cabin vibe, going for a modern traditional. Joe Darger makes a joke about being a biblical modern traditional family. 

A brick layer is there because they swapped a door and window, so there is exterior stone work. A stone mason is using real stone on the fireplace. 

They are able to double the size of the downstairs laundry room, and add a countertop for folding, and built in storage to house laundry baskets. On the wall are hooks with each child’s name and a laundry bag. The laundry room door is the sliding barn door. 

The kitchen hood vent that they already started installing is the wrong color, wrong design. The cabinets are darker then they are supposed to be. Cabinet guys can stain the hood vent, or do a stainless steel one (more expensive). Granite countertop (lighter in color), marble picket tile (white/grey) backsplash, white sparkle grout, large (more like huge) island countertop. They end up matching the stain from bottom cabinets to hood vent; the bottom cabinets are darker than upper cabinets. The kitchen has two dishwashers, and a huge fridge and freezer. Alina approves of the flooring. Most of the kitchen fixtures, and doorknobs etc are black. 

There are lots of decorations in the renovated family room, and if they aren’t just for staging (like in Fixer Upper), that was a huge expense. On Fixer Upper the room is staged for the big reveal, and the family has the option to buy that furniture, decorations etc, but it is an additional expense. The table they filmed when showing the kitchen does not seat 14, so maybe that wasn’t a priority? They showed a clip of Thanksgiving, and I tried to see if they kept the furniture from the big reveal, but I couldn’t tell. 

The family seemed happy with the renovations. I would be interested to see if there are more episodes, but if Thursday at 2pm EST is when they air the pilot I don’t have high hopes. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

The Sister Wife’s wikipedia page says Kody married a fifth wife and that her name is Leah. Is that true? Who is this poor girl and how did he manage to get her to marry him? And what will Robyn say?

Is this just so that he can get another season?

• WTF 3
  • Thank You 1

30 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

The Sister Wife’s wikipedia page says Kody married a fifth wife and that her name is Leah.

I can't find anything to definitively confirm or deny a fifth wife. The article was written April 2, 2019, and appears to have all begun with someone changing the Wikipedia page.  https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/sister-wives-did-kody-brown-secretly-marry-a-fifth-wife.html/

30 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

Is this just so that he can get another season?

I wouldn't be surprised if Kody changed the wikipedia page to try to land another season. The Browns already fell behind on their taxes on the land they just bought, they need the income. 

Based on the internet it looks like the Wikipedia article may have been changed more than once in the past couple months. Also a former friend of Robin's looks to have fanned at least one gossip site's flames by saying that Kody propositioned her... And is gunning for a fifth.

I could see Robin letting this happen if she thought she was in charge. But then she'd hate every minute of it.

• I Agree 1

He can’t handle the four wifes he has why would he want a fifth? 

And who is dumb enough to get themselves involved in those relationships? They’re not exactly advertising themselves as one happy family on the show. I would run very fast and far away if Kody wanted to date me. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic