IGNORED

Sister Wives 6: Five Adults or Are There? Mariah Is Engaged.

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, Georgiana said:

How cruel is it that they ALL have to move for Dayton, harming the other kids in the process?  Sorry, but the "triplets" are bound by time.  Gabe can't take a year off and still be on pace for scholarships.  Gwen can't delay her position as class historian reasonably.  But you know who can?  DAYTON.  Lots of people take a year or two off between high school and college.  It often is beneficial, and it rarely has any impact on your later educational prospects.  

But no, because this is ROBYN's child, so EVERYONE ELSE has to suffer just so ROBYN'S family is not mildly inconvenienced.  Because I think the root of the matter actually ISN'T Dayton.  I think the kids Robyn is really concerned about AND her main impetus for moving RIGHT NOW are her two elder daughters.  I think Robyn wants them to stay plyg, but they are rapidly moving away from that like the other Brown children, and Robyn wants to cut them off and get them back on the plyg track ASAP before they make a decision that makes them poor candidates for marriage in the plyg community.  

Honestly, I think even if the move was because Dayton is starting college it wouldn't be because of Dayton.  He had the choice to go to a local university and not arizona but he applied out of state, which i wouldn't be surprised if it was an attempt to get away.  I think this has more to do with Robyn thinking Dayton won't be able to manage or adjust to living by himself, but I think he'd be just fine.  He seems incredibly highly functioning and this just seems like a helicopter parent more than anything.

• Upvote 10

7 hours ago, SweetLaurel said:

Every single one of those kids seem to get the hell out of Dodge the minute they are old enough to do it - show up a few times for show money and are gone again.   The move is for Robyn so she can be with her kid.  Secondary, show interest.  I just can't figure out why everyone else is going along with it...oh yeah....show money.  I sure wish I had it.   And why does Christine need an office?  What does she do besides reality tv?  Anyone know?   

They dont seem to run as much as your post implies. Aspyn lived with Robyn for a year or 2, Mariah (and her girlfriend) moved in with Meri for the summer, Maddie and Caleb moved in with Janelle for a while, and a lot of them chose college nearby to stay close to family. I think they have a TON of issues, but the kids seem to love each other and (as adults) love their parents while realizing that they're deeply flawed (and that their beliefs are crap, though they phrase it more kindly)

• Upvote 6

The boys don't seem to GAF, they leave just fine. And engage in premarital sex too (looking at you Logan). None of them have embraced the plyg lifestyle so far, and I can understand why.

• Upvote 4

Kody doesn't like the idea of the X shaped house because then it would be way too obvious that Robyn is getting a lot more space than anyone else.  He can't afford to build a house with 4 wings that are 3500+ sq ft but also doesn't want to piss off his most favored wife.  

• Upvote 6

Kody uses a diffuser to dry but not damage his hair. He is not ready to shave it, and this week sports a black headband, personally I prefer the black velvet scrunchie. 

Kody’s brother Michael and his brother in law Nathan (Aspyn and Mitch’s wedding officiant) are all going to Flagstaff. Nathan is married to Meri’s sister Rebecca. Michael is 19 years younger than Kody, and was born while Kody was off doing his LDS mission, and is the only sibling of Kody’s to only grow up in the principle. I don’t know when Kody’s father married the second wife, but I believe his parents started out as monogamist in the LDS church. Michael is married, and open to polygamy, but for now only has one wife. Kody has two sisters and one brother living plural marriage. 

Kody, Michael and Nathan stop in Prescott to see the plans the architectural draw man (draw woman?) designed. Not staged at all Michael asks so this is Flagstaff? I haven’t been to Arizona, but I imagine they have signs on the highway, telling you major cities with the milage until you get there. Unless you napped the whole way there I find it tough to believe you don’t know you aren’t in Flagstaff Michael. 

I could not get clear pictures of the blue prints, but the first page of plans, presumably the first floor shows the layout from left to right Janelle, Robyn, Main, Meri, Christine. Janelle and Robyn share a hallway and some walls which will have sound barriers, same with Meri and Christine. On the first floor are all four master bedrooms, kitchens, family rooms. There is one main staircase that will lead down to the garage. The second story has the kid’s bedrooms, and was different staircases. So the bottom level is the garage, first floor is the main living areas of the homes plus master bedrooms, the second floor is the kid’s rooms from what I could gather. There are 19 bedrooms so Robyn has six, five each for Janelle and Christine, and three for Meri. There are 12 full baths, and 4 powder baths (1/2 bath). Each wife has her own laundry. The area labeled Main, which Kody called his is the large, communal kitchen, family room, dining room meant to host family gatherings. I couldn’t see it clearly, but it sounds like the main kitchen has it’s own appliances, which seems redundant. Don’t they divide the cooking duties for a large family get together? I can see having a designated area to set up several tables to accommodate a large crowd, as on now between the 5 parents, 18 kids, 5 significant others, 1 (almost 2) grandchildren they already have 30 people, but really a whole extra kitchen in addition to the four you already have? Kody doesn’t know if you can put five adults on the house title. 

Truely is not excited about the move. They flashed back to the move from UT to Las Vegas where Logan told Paedon he couldn’t bring all his toys because they didn’t have enough room. Janelle is in denial and not packing, and Robyn contends she is packing every spare minute, and it is exhausting. Keep in mind these houses are all 4,200 square feet, that means they all have a TON of stuff. Kody said in a solo interview he can’t promise Flagstaff is forever. Robyn in a solo interview said this needs to be the last move, she isn’t sure she’ll move again. 

Audrey and Mariah tell Meri Audrey’s mom is going to help them move to Chicago. Meri wanted to help them move, but it sounds like Mariah wasn’t looking for her mother’s help. 

The Brown family plans to move in two weeks, and Christine does not have the financing in order on the house she plans (and does) to buy. Kody says the sellers could back out and the Browns would lose money; Christine said if the sellers back out she could lose the house, you know priorities. Christine has not submitted all the paperwork for financing, and may need to get furnished temporary housing for a month or two, so please tell me how this move is to put your family in a better financial position. 

At Christine’s house, Kody, Christine, Gwen, Gabe, Aurora (the triplets, juniors in high school) and Ysabel were gathered to discuss the move. Kody said “I’ve got to know” four times, and asks the kids house they feel about the move. Gabe said pretty cool, I guess. Christine asks so you’re ok with moving? Gabe responds yeah. Christine pushes it, and Gabe says no I don’t want to move, I want to stay in Las Vegas. I understand Gabe is a minor, his parents get to decide if he is moving, but should they get to dictate he has to be happy about the move? He wasn’t moaning and groaning I don’t want to move, he put a smile on his face, and said he was fine with it. Christine kept asking, and he was honest. Gabe somehow has not visited Flagstaff despite the fact Kody has visited FS at least five times. 1. Kody, Robyn and her kids, 2. Kody and Christine, 3. Kody and Meri, 4. Kody, all the wives and most of the kids, 5. Kody with Michael and Nathan. Kody asks Gwen her thoughts and she said she wants to go now, but Kody thinks she is depressed about the move. Gabe said it would be easier to rise in popularity if he had a motorcycle (can’t blame the kid for trying), and the other three kids pipe in they all want motorcycles. Kody said they don’t have enough driving experience, and then when being interviewed with Christine says he only got four hours of sleep last night, and "the crazy is coming". Gwen said she wants to be there already, she came to terms with it because she can’t do anything. Kody responds that is the most mature thing she has ever said, and Kody said maybe she can have a motorcycle before Gabe. Gabe said I am going home, and walks out, he did not slam the door. Christine in her phony, voice is all wait, why? Kody said that behavior will never get him a motorcycle. Kody said he wanted a nice visit, is sick of dealing with BS drama, and he wants an easy move. So moral of the story Kody can have a short temper, and can complain about his lack of sleep that is a result of decisions he made, but Gabe peacefully walks away from an unproductive conversation, and he is the immature one. 

Next episode is the move to Flagstaff. It looks like it is going to be a nightmare. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 8

Unbelievable. The Batdork catfish is still, blogging and pretending to be Sam. "He" leads quite the charmed life if you believe what "he" says. How does this woman have the time to keep up with this fiction on such a grand scale?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Unbelievable. The Batdork catfish is still, blogging and pretending to be Sam. "He" leads quite the charmed life if you believe what "he" says. How does this woman have the time to keep up with this fiction on such a grand scale?

I have a strong feeling she has literally nothing else going on in her life or many people willing to share that life with her. 

Many catfish are people seeking emotional connections to others that they are denied in "real life".  My cousin is one.  She has many deeply unhealthy behaviors that she will not take ownership of to correct, and therefore is unable to establish close, long term bonds with other people.  Everyone gets tired of her shit pretty quickly and leaves. She has no real life friends, no strong bonds to family, no romantic partner...nothing.  So she manipulates people online to get the interaction and bonds she craves in a way that helps her to mask her toxicity for a longer time.  Like Meri's catfish, the game eventually gets beyond her and people figure out who she is and leave, but she's got all the time in the world to dick around online and it takes longer for her to be discovered, so she keeps it up.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 3

About the "one house", let me start by saying, I could never share my husband and since I don't, I probably don't have a lot of intimate understanding of the wives perspective on this issue.

That being said, I think the plans look like a really elegant solution to having everyone in one house. The X shape would have probably been better for privacy, but I think this house also is very nice and well laid out. I was annoyed when they were discussing the "entrances" to the individual "houses" that two wives would share a hall and have to see each other when they go to the garage or main area...are you kidding me? Do these people know how most apartment buildings work? Also I think if you cannot pass your sister wife in a communal hall or stand seeing her every day then there are some way bigger issues going on. If they really want to claim polygamy works and they are truly ONE family then I really hope they end up with the one house. I think it would be really eye opening to them and the viewers. I do not get the feeling from them that they function as one family, but rather as four separate but very close families, like a close nit group of siblings living in the same area trying to keep up a bond later in life by making sure everyone plans vacations at the same time and doing holidays together. Other than that, it almost seems like their day to day lives do not intersect if they are not living next door.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

5 hours ago, StraightOuttaArkansas said:

If they really want to claim polygamy works and they are truly ONE family then I really hope they end up with the one house.

Like the one they had in Utah when the show first started.

• Upvote 4

I was impressed with the plans. She did a great job giving each wife a beautiful home. If they really have an issue about the entrances, they could probably give each wife stairs to the garage. I actually get it about the being able to come and go without everyone else knowing. Then again, I'd never choose this life either so...

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I only watch the show for 5 or 10 minutes at a time and only because I ran into it accidentally, but I just checked Wiki and grandkids aside, there are only five Brown kids under the age of 16. Only three are under 14.  All the others are late teens and 20's. The three older wives are in their late 40's and Robyn is 40.

I saw the blueprints briefly and that is one huge ass mansion.  I'm not even sure if Meri still lives with them.   So unless Kody is planning on bringing in more wives, the whole thing seems like overkill to me.  Not that the Vegas houses weren't an extravagance but at least there were a lot of kids still running around then. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Given that the vacant land they purchased has been split into 4 lots (it was mentioned in the article that @HA88 posted), I’m going to assume that they are building individual homes.

editing to add- I wonder if the group house was ever a real possibility. Did Kody really keep it secret and try to convince the wives or was it just a plot point that was never an actual possibility?

Edited by Bethella
Adding a thought
  • Upvote 3

My guess is Kody likes the idea of one large home, and wants to present the united "ideal" polygamist living situation, plus it provides a good story line for the show. The wives all appear to be against the idea (although the wives all claimed to be in shock Kody proposed a move when they had actually been discussing it for months, maybe years) , and Kody claims to want to do it because it would be cheaper. I believe he said one large house instead of four separate homes would be 15-20% cheaper-- don't know where he came up with those numbers. Kody also said a large reason they were moving was to downsize and put away money for retirement, and seeing that they are moving to a more expensive area that clearly isn't the case. Kody had said he doesn't even know if the county (or whoever approves the house plans) would approve of the one large home because it could be viewed as four separate homes. My guess is Kody thought buy the four lots, get the wives to commit to the move to Flagstaff, and if they went forward with the one big house they could later sell off one or more of the four lots. I obviously don't have any insight into their finances, but they just sold Christine's house, so they are still paying for two houses in Las Vegas, and I find it difficult to imagine they could get the financing to start building in Flagstaff whether it be one large home or four separate homes. 

• Upvote 5

Christine already bought a house in Flagstaff. How does that fit into the one-house narrative? Also, there would be no lender to build one big house because it is impossible to value. No resale value either. The whole thing makes no sense.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

27 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Christine already bought a house in Flagstaff. How does that fit into the one-house narrative? Also, there would be no lender to build one big house because it is impossible to value. No resale value either. The whole thing makes no sense.

Christine mentioned using her current house in Flagstaff as a rental after they build the new house(s).

1 minute ago, Bethella said:

Christine mentioned using her current house in Flagstaff as a rental after they build the new house(s).

I guess she could do that, or sell it even in a couple of years. Who knows what these folks might do? I still wonder why she didn't go ahead and rent also. It's all so random to me. No real plan, just do whatever.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Why didn't they hire packers and loaders at least? Four big-ass houses, children everywhere, why deal with all that chaos? They should be good at this by now. And they didn't get to use up their meat before leaving. They should have given a freezer and meat to Maddie. What a mess. If Maddie and Caleb weren't there, it would have been even worse. Once again, no real planning.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Robyn's house is magnificent and huge. Modern architecture. I hope utilities are cheap in Flagstaff. AC bill will goe down, but heating bill will go up. Crying festival at the end. I hope they are happy once they all get there, since all these lives are disrupted for no good reason. Wish I could up and move like that.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

It was so so cute how little Ariella comforted Meri when Mariah left. That shows that she isn't totally checked out from everyone and everything. It was sweet to see.

There were several genuine Brown moments happening here.

That rental is ridiculous.

I think if they had waited till more kids were out of school it would have made more sense to make decisions. But there is such a gap between the triplets and Solomon/Ariella/Truely that they can't communicate logically.

So many weird dynamics.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

On 4/6/2019 at 4:19 PM, SilverBeach said:

Like the one they had in Utah when the show first started.

Yes, but that still lacked a common space and I am unclear about the entrances? Did they have to see each other or did they have separate doors to the outside, since that seemed to be such a big deal when Kody was looking at the plans? I can only remember the house Meri bought from her family that had separate entrances. I wonder if that style house played a roll in how close the older kids are and if it would help cementing the younger one? Either way, yes they did do the one house thing already, it showed how bad an idea it is, but they were not their long enough for viewers to get a real sense and to show a downside of polygamy (because I honestly can't think a good reality with it)

I know Kody considers himself a LEADER but he always reminds me of every lousy supervisor I had when I was working. The ones who think they know everything and lord it over people they consider beneath them. That unnecessary, chaotic move proved Kody couldn’t plan and organize a trip to a grocery store. His family may play lip service to his commands but they don’t really listen to him. His endless talk of how tired he was made me want to slap him. He had only himself to blame.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Does anyone know if the new proposed 'one house' floor plan from the last episode is available online anywhere, like in  video clip or screen shot?  I don't have cable but have to admit to being intrigued.  

I thought the Utah house actually made sense (as much as anything can make sense in that lifestyle).  Sounds like this new proposed floor plan may be similar.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic