IGNORED

BRADRICK! Divorce Part 3: Now With Remarriage?

Destiny

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

I still think there’s a huge difference between a ‘regular’ person having never married in their late 30s and a fundie male in the same situation. It’s a totally different scenario in my mind. There are implications for fundie males that just don’t exist for the secular crowd.

Trust me, I’m a millennial, people marrying later or not marrying at all is totally normal to me. I’m also about to turn 30 and I definitely won’t be married anytime soon, if ever. It’s his age PLUS the fact that he’s a fundie - his fundieness makes it a whole different ball game.

The most suspicious in my opinion are the late in life converts who SUDDENLY find their way to Jesus as they start to age out of the marriage game and want a younger, naive, uneducated, submissive fundie wife.  Like Mr. Tabitha Paine.  

Why the everloving fuck fundies entertain these obvious asshats is beyond me.  But that's all a formerly fallen man need to do to escape the reject pile of the secular world it would seem.  Maybe if they weren't so damned determined to be the ultimate misogynists, fundies would realize that if secular women with all their agency don't want this man around, he sure as hell shouldn't be trusted with a woman raised to need PROTECTION from the outside world.  But here we are. 

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Georgiana said:

And like at the watering holes of the Serengeti, all a savvy predator need do is successfully conceal himself and wait...and the prey will come to him, complete with a full registry.  

I worked for an academic department at a university and often needed faculty to wrap up this or that or sign something.  The large coffee urn was just outside my office.  Rather than trying to track someone down, I considered the coffee urn a similar scenario for ambush. 

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Too bad Kelly didn't marry a man in his 60s like Amanda Smith. Then she would be less likely to have another half dozen before menopause. But I feel bad for Amanda because she may never even have one. 

Well that sent me on a FB photo stalking tour. Alas, I think you may be right about Amanda. 

7 hours ago, browngrl said:

Kelly will have more children. However, at 34 her fertility is probably on the decline so the pregnancies will likely be spaced out more and there will be more miscarriages and complications in between live births.

I hope for Kelly's sake that you are right about her fertility. However, individuals are not averages and she could have another half-dozen kids if her fertility cooperates.

I had my oldest child at 33 and my second at 35 (nearly 36)--got pregnant with each of them on the first try (TMI, sorry). My daughter was born two months after my 40th birthday--she took a little longer to conceive but only by a matter of months, not years. No miscarriages. No complications. Had we not been actively preventing between kids, I probably would have had four or five children.

5 minutes ago, VVV said:

Well that sent me on a FB photo stalking tour. Alas, I think you may be right about Amanda. 

I mean, they seem happy. But I'm sure they want at least one.

It would be nice if super fertile Kelly became mediocre fertile Kelly now. She really doesn't need 6 more.

I thought a lot about Kelly yesterday and how fucked up her situation really is. She has a bunch of little kids, no education, skills or work experience (though her SOTDR might have been better than in most fundie families) and the only value she ever had to a man was through her fertility and the fact that she is a trophy wife. And even though this is her 2nd marriage, she is still the trophy for that awkward Ziegler guy. Marrying a homeschooled SAHD makes you quite holy, but marrying a mother of 6 kids who was betrayed by her ex-husband makes you a fucking saint. People will pat him on the shoulder for stepping up and taking care of those poor kids and Kelly. Since nobody can be happy without a manly man in their life. 

Red flags everywhere. 

16 hours ago, ElToro said:

I thought it was interesting he made the Freudian slip of calling his dismissal a 'trial'. Like he was a poor, persecuted victim of a miscarriage of justice- not a contracted employee who was repeatedly warned about breaking some clearly stated rules..... Which were there to protect minors.

So did I.  He also didn't bring a lawyer to the hearing.  He represented himself.

Just musing.  In Fundiedom there is probably instant cred and a few gold stars for forcing a confrontation with teh ebil public schools.  It is such fantastic testimony.

Can anyone find out how long he was unemployed before he got the job at the Christian school. It seems as though he was deliberately defying the warnings.  In Jesus name.  Amen.  Perhaps he wanted to get fired for God but already had a solid job offer somewhere else. 

19 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

So did I.  He also didn't bring a lawyer to the hearing.  He represented himself.

Just musing.  In Fundiedom there is probably instant cred and a few gold stars for forcing a confrontation with teh ebil public schools.  It is such fantastic testimony.

Can anyone find out how long he was unemployed before he got the job at the Christian school. It seems as though he was deliberately defying the warnings.  In Jesus name.  Amen.  Perhaps he wanted to get fired for God but already had a solid job offer somewhere else. 

It looks like he didn't go very long before being hired by a Christian school. The whole thing comes off as obvious grandstanding to me and I wouldn't be surprised if he had been in touch with some Fundamentalist groups as everything went down who encouraged him in what to say and do. 

From an article I found while I was first cyber stalking him (and I unfortunately can't seem to find again), he would use up to ten minutes of each class to discuss Christianity and the Bible. I don't know if they have block scheduling at this high school, but if they don't that's nearly a quarter of each class. A math class, at that. 

He also made students uncomfortable by walking up to them in the hallways and asking for permission to pray for them (I've never understood why some people do this. If you want to pray for someone, just pray for them. Nowhere in the Bible does it say you need permission and if you think the person won't like it because they aren't a believer, you've just put them in a really uncomfortable position by asking.)

Several students had asked him to stop and complained to their parents. Administrators had asked him several times to stop preaching and that his lectures violated the Constitution. Ziegler said that as a teacher and Christian, he had no choice but to teach students about God. Ziegler said he had chosen to follow God's law instead of man-made laws. (Wait, don't these people just love the Constitution when it comes to the Second Amendment? And what happened to "render unto Caeser what is Caeser's and render unto God what is God's"?)

Considering how religious and conservative much of Nebraska is, and how much Christianity I suspect actually does get preached in public schools, I'm guessing he went full on street corner preacher on these kids. 

17 hours ago, ElToro said:

him personally? He seems to me to be a little too self-righteous to be a nice guy. Plus I'm always suspicious of people who do that weird eye-flutter blink thing....

Where’d you see the eye flutter blink thing? Is there video??!!

18 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Scotting is going to try and make everyone forget Peter ever existed.

Tsk — true true, and after Scottie fell in love with Peter before Kelly did!!!!

Won’t  someone think of The Broken-Hearted Scott Brown?!?!?

17 hours ago, Augustus said:

My great aunt married for the first time in her 80s. She was a good church going lady and I think just wanted a male companion to go on cruises with. Can't do that if you aren't married first. 

That’s actually kinda sweet!  ....although on reflection it reminds me of my wedding reception. The ex- and I were both 29, had had a long engagement but had never spent an entire night together. Anyway — we were enjoying dancing at our reception when Big Daddy JB took us aside and gruffly / desperately said, “When are your two LEAVING? People are talking!!!”  I looked past my dad and saw his nasty, judgmental siblings’  faces, all either sneering / smirking / disapproving of the situation. 

The ex- and I shrugged and sighed and left shortly thereafter. We’d behaved - more or less - for 29 years! We’d have 30 years to make up for lost time, as it were, and we’d much have preferred Another couple hours on the dance floor, but nasty-assed, judgmental-minded extended-family members were getting to my beloved dad, so we danced another day 

Wow. Where did THAT come from? Well anyway, props to your aunty for keeping up appearances. I’m glad to say that I have outgrown that need.  

11 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Tsk — true true, and after Scottie fell in love with Peter before Kelly did!!!!

Won’t  someone think of The Broken-Hearted Scott Brown?!?!?

Right? Poor, poor Scottie!

For those new to this particular aspect of the Bradrick! saga - there's an extensive interview with Kelly on the Botkins' "Return of the Daughters" DVD. She describes her father Scott's thorough vetting of Bradrick! as spousal material, and avers that her father "fell in love with Peter before I did."

(Amazon currently boasts 16 new and used copies of "Return of the Daughters." Get 'em while they're hot!)

30 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

For those new to this particular aspect of the Bradrick! saga - there's an extensive interview with Kelly on the Botkins' "Return of the Daughters" DVD. She describes her father Scott's thorough vetting of Bradrick! as spousal material, and avers that her father "fell in love with Peter before I did."

It was a jaw-dropping moment for me. Out of the mouths of... well, she was a "babe"... 

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=out of the mouths of babes

47 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

I remain firmly convinced, ever since I saw that video, that Scott Brown is gay.  He's just waaaaaaay back in the closet, behind the old Christmas decorations.

I'll never forget that video obsequious fawning tongue bath dedicated to Doug Phillips filmed in Kelly's hospital room immediately after the birth of her first (?) child.  She had that breathy little girl SAHD voice that could easily drive one crazy.  We now know that Kelly never strayed one inch from the NCFIC SAHD Patriachy fold, and was looking for someone even more into patriarchy than Branrick!  Kelly is a stunningly gorgeous woman, but she may have limited intellectual range and zero ability to use critical thinking skills.  That said, the Brown women have their own farm business (yogurt and raw milk  dairy, IIRC), so Kelly has some role models for business skills in her mother and sister.  Wonder if she will end up being a family-based-business bread winner while her impoverished pastor husband harangues and pisses off people for Jesus.  Or maybe hubby will be brought into the Scottie Brown real estate broker fold. 

That was Kelly's fourth, daughter Geneva. I want to hope that since she moved back home long before the divorce was actually finalized, that maybe she had choice in this mate, like maybe they caught each other's eyes and it went from there.  The practical side of me knows that Scott Brown probably tired of supporting her and the children and arranged this. This whole movement makes me nuts.  Kelly will be 34, does she even have the sense that she is ALLOWED to say no more children? Maybe this douchanoe won't want anymore? Here's hoping.

3 hours ago, nausicaa said:

From an article I found while I was first cyber stalking him (and I unfortunately can't seem to find again), he would use up to ten minutes of each class to discuss Christianity and the Bible. I don't know if they have block scheduling at this high school, but if they don't that's nearly a quarter of each class. A math class, at that. 

In that Omaha World Herald article, it says he admitted to spending about 10 minutes of each class preaching,  but the school had reports from students who said it was longer than that. So let's say a 40 or 50 minute class and he may be using half of it to lecture a captive audience of teens about where they're going to go when they die. And how much learning is really going to be happening during the other half, when your teacher is that creepy?

And then I assume they moved onto the next grade and an actual teacher had to take a few months out of their lesson plans to get everyone caught up on the foundations of mathematics that they were supposed to learn the year before. Or, if they're anything like me after a mid-year transfer screwed up my coursework, the students who were unlucky enough to be in his class just spent the rest of their high school years getting Cs and Ds in math and wondering what the hell they missed that year.

Have you seen the TV show AP Bio? It sounds about like that.

34 minutes ago, teachergirl said:

That was Kelly's fourth, daughter Geneva. I want to hope that since she moved back home long before the divorce was actually finalized, that maybe she had choice in this mate, like maybe they caught each other's eyes and it went from there.  The practical side of me knows that Scott Brown probably tired of supporting her and the children and arranged this. This whole movement makes me nuts.  Kelly will be 34, does she even have the sense that she is ALLOWED to say no more children? Maybe this douchanoe won't want anymore? Here's hoping.

Wasn't she supposed to be getting like 2300 a month? 

I assume she's lost her alimony now but before that. 

5 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Where’d you see the eye flutter blink thing? Is there video??!!

Page 1 of this thread.... Posted by @Mellowing With Age (thanks!)

I only noticed because the three most patronising people I have ever known do it too! Must be connected, surely?!

4 hours ago, Howl said:

Are there any wedding pics?

I don't think anyone has found pics yet. I'm not even sure we've gotten conclusive proof that this is our Kelly Bradrick. At this point it's just a very good circumstantial case.

10 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

I remain firmly convinced, ever since I saw that video, that Scott Brown is gay.  He's just waaaaaaay back in the closet, behind the old Christmas decorations.

Agreed.  He claims his 4 children were all adopted due to Deborah's early menopause in her 20s, but I've never believed that.  It certainly can happen due to certain medical conditions, but he has always pinged me as a storyteller and I don't buy his version of his fatherhood.  

1 hour ago, WonderingInWA said:

Agreed.  He claims his 4 children were all adopted due to Deborah's early menopause in her 20s, but I've never believed that.  It certainly can happen due to certain medical conditions, but he has always pinged me as a storyteller and I don't buy his version of his fatherhood.  

A bisexual acquaintance of his said he definitely suspected Scott was gay.  FWIW

Every time!  Seriously, every time I accidentally forget to look on FJ for a week or so, something interesting happens!

I hope this gets verified by one of the families involved soon.

1 hour ago, CyborgKin said:

Every time!  Seriously, every time I accidentally forget to look on FJ for a week or so, something interesting happens!

I hear you.  The last time I took my eye off the Maxwells for a few weeks they produced two babies, had a conference, and Teri made a food poison casserole.  I was very cross with them.  They are usually so boring.

15 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

I believe I've found the link to Robert Ziegler's LinkedIn page:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/robert-ziegler-195a1855/

Interesting.  If this is the right person he left off getting fired by the public school.  Looks like teaching was a sideline to the farm too, and he takes a series of year-long contract jobs to make ends meet.  If Kelly did indeed remarry, and it was this guy, I wonder whether they will move to NE.

9 hours ago, WonderingInWA said:

You heard that from me posting about it here, but it was Deborah who said herself that she had gone through menopause at 27 or 28, not Scott. 

2 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

You heard that from me posting about it here, but it was Deborah who said herself that she had gone through menopause at 27 or 28, not Scott. 

They’d agree on the story, though, wouldn’t they?

its pretty evident that the son (CR names & wont apologize) and the other married daughter are siblings. The youngest daughter, I can’t tell. When Kelly’s blonde hair is hidden, there’s a fair resemblance. 

Why do I mention this? Because at one time or another the girls referred to their bro as “Indian.” Sorry, no chapter, no verse. Anyway it occurred that the Browns with their money and influence may have gotten a whole sibling group and possibly from a Native community — there are  plenty of them in that area. And normally I care more about the children being raised healthily than about keeping them in their racial [sic] group. My point is, siblings or not, Native/Other or not, I don’t think Scott & Deb raised those kids in a healthy way. And I feel like grumbling LOUDLY about such things, today. 

NE or NC — either place, the Bradlings are in for a problematic set of childhoods, poor lambs.

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived