IGNORED

BRADRICK! Divorce Part 3: Now With Remarriage?

Destiny

Scottie can go butt a stump. Cause we are talking about it! With lots of conjecture and speculation and theories. 
Hi Scott! Pull up a chair and sit a spell.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Boy doesn't actually enjoy teaching, has other skills (like project management), and owns shares in a farm?  Boy not necessarily be stoopid to stop teaching. 

FTR, I started out as a middle school teacher.  I hated teaching even though I liked the kids.  I changed careers and never looked back.  He may actually make more money with what he is doing now than he would as a teacher in a private Christian school.  They often pay really  badly.

Points taken!

6 hours ago, starfish said:

I'm thinking it's time to send MamaJuneBug to Washington State to sleuth a little bit.  You could pretend to be  shopping for a MidCentury Modern or a nice Tudor  in Washington state and you need a helpful, boistorous  real estate agent with jug ears  realtor to show you the ropes.  With skillful questioning and sympathetic noises,  you could get the scoop  on his personal life. What say you, MJB?  

You!!! get outta my head!:my_cry: right now!!

i was actually thinking whether it’d be worth it to seek him out for RE help!!!!

On 3/29/2018 at 6:54 AM, DomWackTroll said:

Scott suddenly feels the need to warn against "talebearing":

Whenever I hear of this subject, I immediately think of spiritual abuse!  Trying to shut down truth with fale words!  

I was curious to see what Peter is up to these days, and a google search brought me back to these oldies but goldies: https://vimeo.com/user11254310

I was surprised to see these videos were still available. The BRADRICK! Crises leadership network promo is especially snarkworthy: horror movie beginning with blowing curtains, very serious Bradrick himself (though I have to admit he seems quite natural in front of camera), manly boy groom Taylor Tsantles walking in slow motion, not so manly boy groom David Brown nodding and listening to more convincing manly men talking, and the overall blue and "cold" tone of the promo creating a sinister atmosphere.

His "Personal Message to Friends at the Titanic 100 Celebration" is also an instant classic. The noise of cars in the background, the blowing wind, lil Knox desperately needing to pee, Bradrick's weird bouncing on his toes all the time... Good times! Also, did they (Doug and VF) ever reconsider the name of their Titanic celebration? "What a great idea! Let's CELEBRATE one of the deadliest accidents ever that killed over 1500 people!" 

I read some reviews of Peter's current job. Seems like his customers are generally very happy with his work and dedication to find their exact dream home. I know nothing about US real estate, but it looks like Peter is excelling in what he does.

On 3/29/2018 at 7:54 AM, DomWackTroll said:

Scott suddenly feels the need to warn against "talebearing":

Pretending that Kelly's divorce never happened hasn't been totally effective so let's call this out for what it truly is: a STFU post for anyone who is taking advantage of the truly delicious opportunity to discuss his daughter's failed first marriage and now (in short order) her second. 

We could charitably say that Scottie is protecting the privacy of his daughter, but Scottie is certainly protecting his brand, because the epic implosion of that perfect marriage makes it seem like God is indicting patriarchy, father-led courtship, quiverfull, god just hates hate HATES divorce!, headship and all the other crap that Scottie espouses. 

3 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

"What a great idea! Let's CELEBRATE one of the deadliest accidents ever that killed over 1500 people!" 

The opportunity for unrestrained, wide-stance cosplay was likely the overriding factor

BRADRICK!! Will never, ever get old. Did BRADRICK!! ever actually do anything? 

Didn't the Duggars attend the Titanic Celebration and didn't one of the young Phillips daughters sing On the Good Ship Lollipop? The whole thing was in poor taste. 

My word...

That Titanic celebration video...

I honestly can’t believe they celebrated the anniversary of such a tragedy, and even called it a celebration.

What did make me laugh was the faces those little boys were pulling in the background, especially towards the end, when I think one of them may have urgently needed a wee...

5 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

I was curious to see what Peter is up to these days, and a google search brought me back to these oldies but goldies: https://vimeo.com/user11254310

I was surprised to see these videos were still available. The BRADRICK! Crises leadership network promo is especially snarkworthy: horror movie beginning with blowing curtains, very serious Bradrick himself (though I have to admit he seems quite natural in front of camera), manly boy groom Taylor Tsantles walking in slow motion, not so manly boy groom David Brown nodding and listening to more convincing manly men talking, and the overall blue and "cold" tone of the promo creating a sinister atmosphere.

What timing @LurkerOverThePond!  I mentioned the Bradrick network on the DPIAT thread and was wondering if that ominous video still existed.  

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

I don't remember them doing any sort of emergency response, not as a group anyway.   IIRC Bradrick! himself did do some assistance following something like an earthquake? hurricane? can't remember specifically what the event was.  It appeared he was by himself and not with the whole network of manly men.  I think that if the band of manly men did some real emergency response as a group, it would have most likely been posted as some kind of testimonial (no pun intended) to the effectiveness of the manly men to coming to the rescue but there was never anything.   I was never sure exactly what their qualifications were, it seemed that none of them had real qualifications such as EMT training, etc.  Maybe some did, but I got the impression that training was all on their own which is not going to make them very effective or acceptable as responders in a real emergency

1 hour ago, Jellybean said:

I honestly can’t believe they celebrated the anniversary of such a tragedy, and even called it a celebration.

I agree, it was in terribly bad taste.   Anything to do cosplay I guess but the tone deafness was well, deafening.

5 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

His "Personal Message to Friends at the Titanic 100 Celebration" is also an instant classic. The noise of cars in the background, the blowing wind, lil Knox desperately needing to pee, Bradrick's weird bouncing on his toes all the time... Good times! Also, did they (Doug and VF) ever reconsider the name of their Titanic celebration? "What a great idea! Let's CELEBRATE one of the deadliest accidents ever that killed over 1500 people!" 

I read some reviews of Peter's current job. Seems like his customers are generally very happy with his work and dedication to find their exact dream home. I know nothing about US real estate, but it looks like Peter is excelling in what he does.

You just made my day, and it's not quite 7:30am!  The Bradrick! video -- I thought it had been lost forever, and I've never seen that ghastly Titanic video so that was an extra bonus with my morning coffee -- thank you!  And I love the Bradrck! shirt his buddy Holifield is sporting -- "Brotherhood of Protectors -- lololol!  With all those framed credentials hanging on the wall behind him, one must wonder what important job he is currently performing and where.  Maybe Trump hired him?

As for Peter's real estate career, his territory is mostly in a military town so lots of high turnover on older lower-priced fixer-upper homes relative to the general Seattle market, but as long as he's selling, I guess that's good.  

I think Peter participated in the Haitian earthquake aftermath as a VF "rescue worker". Doug was very keen to ca$h on those Haitian orphans, parading them around in his videos and uniting them with their new families. One of the pictures in the BRADRICK! promo video is from Haiti. I think Peter was also helping out after Hurricane Katrina. Maybe he really had a desire to help (like-minded patriarchal) people, but his business failed miserably. The first (and only?) BRADRICK! Brotherhood Manly Man of the Month was Kelly Generation Cedar's husband. And if my memory serves right, didn't Peter change his original BRADRICK! flag logo? We discussed how the original design very much looked like a nazi flag, and just after that, it was changed!

1 hour ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

I think Peter participated in the Haitian earthquake aftermath as a VF "rescue worker". Doug was very keen to ca$h on those Haitian orphans, parading them around in his videos and uniting them with their new families. One of the pictures in the BRADRICK! promo video is from Haiti. I think Peter was also helping out after Hurricane Katrina.

@LurkerOverThePond, thanks, you are right it was the Haiti earthquake.   I remember it was more recent than Katrina though now that you have brought it up, I believe, yes, Peter helped out after Katrina as well.  I think he probably had a sincere desire to help out people but had to force the business model into the appropriate VF "mold" which was not effective, and contributed to its failure. 

My impression is the Bradrick! network seems to have gone it alone, meaning no real training (CERT, EMT, etc) and aligning themselves with local law enforcement, fire department, etc. as qualified responders.  They may have had members with some training but the group as a whole was not qualified.  A bit of arrogance on their part methinks.  

In a true emergency, one will care about manly men, chest beating, and only helping like-minded people.  What is needed is qualified people who will go and simply do the job, helping anyone will needs it.  They also would need to follow orders, something that arrogant bunch would have difficulty doing.   I wonder if Bradrick! weren't seen helping in emergencies not for lack of trying but simply because they were not qualified.

1 hour ago, nokidsmom said:

I wonder if Bradrick! weren't seen helping in emergencies not for lack of trying but simply because they were not qualified.

But, but they have PENISES, which is THE most important qualifier. 

4 minutes ago, Howl said:

But, but they have PENISES, which is THE most important qualifier. 

I am sure that was the first qualification in their minds.

I am sure they would have been shocked, shocked to find out that women are involved in emergency response much less being able to cope with taking orders from one of them.  In this way, I am glad they never got very far.  Their lack of training and attitudes would have had no place in a real emergency situation. 

As a firefighter-paramedic, I was always hoping Bradrick! And company would show up at some point on one of my scenes and I’d delight in me, a mere woman, kicking them off the premesis.

Alas, it never happened, but I spent many happy hours imagining it.

1 hour ago, sableduck said:

As a firefighter-paramedic, I was always hoping Bradrick! And company would show up at some point on one of my scenes and I’d delight in me, a mere woman, kicking them off the premesis.

Alas, it never happened, but I spent many happy hours imagining it.

I don't think they ever got their act together enough to show up anywhere.  If they did, wouldn't they have to show some sort of credentials or their "network" be listed as real, certified emergency responders beforehand?   They couldn't just show up and be allowed in.   I wonder if they tried that and were turned away.  Or more likely, it was all talk (with videos) and no action.

7 hours ago, WonderingInWA said:

And I love the Bradrck! shirt his buddy Holifield is sporting -- "Brotherhood of Protectors -- lololol!  With all those framed credentials hanging on the wall behind him, one must wonder what important job he is currently performing and where.  Maybe Trump hired him?

The guy does seem to have a lot of credentials but the ones the camera panned over were certificates from the NRA. 

Interesting Mr. Holifield talked about training "Christian fathers" and to "not rely on professionals".  

9 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Didn't the Duggars attend the Titanic Celebration and didn't one of the young Phillips daughters sing On the Good Ship Lollipop? The whole thing was in poor taste. 

That is amazingly bad taste. Those people on the Titanic died, the event should have been absorbed and memoralized. Not celebrated!  They are really disgusting.

11 minutes ago, Briefly said:

That is amazingly bad taste. Those people on the Titanic died, the event should have been absorbed and memoralized. Not celebrated!  They are really disgusting.

Having read up a lot on the Titantic disaster, it's just so tone deaf to have a celebration.   It was a terrible and in many ways a gruesome event.   It appears that no one did any sort of real research into this, it was just seen as another opportunity for cosplay.

I find the Phillips kids in "operation meatball" equally as bad.  From the perspective of having a close relative who was an injured WW II veteran who saw combat and some pretty awful stuff it's distasteful to me personally.

I'm not sure why my auto correct said "absorbed."  I think I intended to say acknowledged. But either I typed wrong or I didn't realize it had been corrected.  But it was really just wrong, what they did.

I'm not familiar with "operation meatball" but it would probably make me very mad. My dad was a D-Day veteran, Omaha Beach, and was injured on June 30 at St. Lo.

I know this has probably been mentioned on another thread but I can't find it. What exactly did Bradrick do wrong to make Kelly divorce him? Did he cheat with a woman or a man or both. What proof is there? Did someone kiss and tell like in the Josh duggar case? Has Bradrick now found someone else? Soo many questions!

52 minutes ago, Briefly said:

I seem to remember Doug Phillips is a tool saying that the people in steerage wouldn’t have died if they had worked harder to get first class tickets. Keep in mind that a single first class ticket on the Titanic would have been the modern equivalent of $61,000, so not the best or most realistic investment for large immigrant families:

http://time.com/money/4283738/titanic-most-expensive-ticket/

Does anyone else remember the tool saying something along these lines? I suppose it’s the logic end of patriarchal VF Calvinism, where God clearly plays favorites, especially if you’re rich and white.

8 minutes ago, Fluffles said:

I know this has probably been mentioned on another thread but I can't find it. What exactly did Bradrick do wrong to make Kelly divorce him? Did he cheat with a woman or a man or both. What proof is there? Did someone kiss and tell like in the Josh duggar case? Has Bradrick now found someone else? Soo many questions!

There’s a whole lot of speculation but we don’t know exactly why they divorced and, as far as I know, no one has come out with any kind of tell all.

We started discussing it here (that link is to the first page of the ‘Bradrick! divorce threads) if you feel like reading back through the speculation for the crumbs of information that we found.

I agree about the Titanic celebrations being in poor taste but they are not the only ones to make that mistake. Here in dear old Ireland there were quite a lot of celebrations around the sinking of the Titanic. Cobh in Cork is where the Titanic last stopped before sinking and all over the county there were major celebrations  that year. Every school had projects and competitions going. All the local historical societies got out their Edwardian costumes and paraded around Cobh in them. I even organised a local historian to give my school kids a talk on the building of the ship. It was a good opprtunity for schools to explore the history of that era with the kids - how people were so poor that they were desperate for a new start in America. 

However, the local Bishop did point out that it should be sad time of rememberance rather than celebration which brought it all home to us then.

But why Dougie and his gang decided to celebrate it is beyond me - any excuse for cosplay.

39 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

There’s a whole lot of speculation but we don’t know exactly why they divorced and, as far as I know, no one has come out with any kind of tell all.

We started discussing it here (that link is to the first page of the ‘Bradrick! divorce threads) if you feel like reading back through the speculation for the crumbs of information that we found.

Did just that - seems he fooled around with men and women. As much as he is a douche bag for cheating on Kelly, I do hope he can live his life truthfully now.

I'm sure Scottie didn't mind one bit when the internet talked about how perfect the Bradrick marriage was, but he sure was quick to change his tune as soon as the story wasn't going his way :P

3 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I seem to remember Doug Phillips is a tool saying that the people in steerage wouldn’t have died if they had worked harder to get first class tickets. Keep in mind that a single first class ticket on the Titanic would have been the modern equivalent of $61,000, so not the best or most realistic investment for large immigrant families:

http://time.com/money/4283738/titanic-most-expensive-ticket/

Does anyone else remember the tool saying something along these lines? I suppose it’s the logic end of patriarchal VF Calvinism, where God clearly plays favorites, especially if you’re rich and white.

I don't remember that bit of nastiness - just Geoff touting the disaster as emblematic of the kind of righteous manliness that we lost when those awful shrill feminists killed chivalry. :'( The Christlike men laid down their lives for the women and children!!!!! (Except for the poor and immigrant women and children. They died.)

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived