IGNORED

BRADRICK! Divorce Part 3: Now With Remarriage?

Destiny

32 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

I don't remember that bit of nastiness - just Geoff touting the disaster as emblematic of the kind of righteous manliness that we lost when those awful shrill feminists killed chivalry.

As though the likes of Geoff and DPIAT are examples of righteous manliness.  Barf.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Briefly said:

I'm not sure why my auto correct said "absorbed."  I think I intended to say acknowledged. But either I typed wrong or I didn't realize it had been corrected.  But it was really just wrong, what they did.

I'm not familiar with "operation meatball" but it would probably make me very mad. My dad was a D-Day veteran, Omaha Beach, and was injured on June 30 at St. Lo.

Your dad is a HERO! He has more manliness in his little finger than Dougie, BRADRICK! and the rest of the VF idiots have combined. 

12 hours ago, Briefly said:

I'm not familiar with "operation meatball" but it would probably make me very mad. My dad was a D-Day veteran, Omaha Beach, and was injured on June 30 at St. Lo.

Here you go.  Brace yourself.   http://www.operationmeatball.com/what-is-operation-meatball

Liberty, Jubilee, and Faith Phillips dress up like 1940s pin-ups (or 1940s members of the oldest profession).  They sell sand from Iowo Jima and put up GFMs to fund their travel expenses.  Their purpose is to "help" veterans by talking and singing at them.  Oh, and to travel to Europe to see all the sights!

Iwo Jima sand and Gofundme PLUS selling plasma and sleeping at truck stops to save money. They're kind of a hot mess.

17 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Your dad is a HERO! He has more manliness in his little finger than Dougie, BRADRICK! and the rest of the VF idiots have combined. 

Thanks!  He died in 2004 and he will always be my hero.

On 3/26/2018 at 12:13 PM, AnnaSofia said:

I suspect there's a healthy dose of the same "do as we say. not as we do" attitude we always get from the Brown/Phillips/Botkin tier of (former) VF royalty.

Another woman might get blamed for her husband's homosexual activity (you clearly didn't work/pray hard enough to "fix" him), but Scottie isn't about to measure HIS daughter by the same yardstick he would anyone else, at least not as long as she's willing to tow the line. Which, of course, she doesn't have a whole heck of a lotta choice about, with no education, six children, and ex who doesn't make enough for adequate child support.

And if Peter had been game, I think she would have been in Anna Duggar's situation. Actually, I suspect she was for years, until Petey stopped playing the "I've sinned, but I repent!" card that Josh Duggar seems to still be playing. Something seems to have snapped in Peter after the fall of VF. I do feel badly that he seems to have gotten the shaft over seeing his children.

And it is Princess Kelly. Duck Biologist Scotty got so much mileage out of pretty young Kelly, her perfect courtship and wedding, her popping out the oddly named children ... I mean come on, Scott's not going to let that apple whither on the vine forever.

On 3/26/2018 at 2:06 PM, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Went back and read the articles about Robert's teaching experience that @Marian the Librarian posted on page 1. Hey buddy, I wouldn't be so proud of my "martyrdom" with that info out in the public record. Apparently a number of students came forward to say that he was making them uncomfortable and some said they were falling behind in math because of his behavior. So principled! What a man of god!

I suspect the whole charade was on purpose. He got the job and did the Jesus until someone fired him, all on purpose. Now he can be a fundie superstar! A Martyr for Jeebus! A Fallen Hero, Trampled by the World! A Genuine KING of the Wide-Stance Supermen!

When they started out with the Titanic "Men and Boys Society" events years ago (maybe before VF was up and fully running) or whatever they called it, I remember they produced a very slick and expensive invitation with the White Star cruise line emblem and I remember wondering/thinking----I bet DPIABRT Esquire did NOT seek clearance to use this symbol from the Cunard/Carnival folks.  The invitation at first glance had the appearance of the imprimatur of those entities.  That was but a harbinger of all the ripping-off and glomming  on to  ideas and things that were not his creation.  Of course this doesn't even touch the misdirected glorification of men in the tragedy.  I guess the Unsinkable Molly Brown was verboten at the Phillips house.  Or maybe they watched it while DPIABRT spent time with their Nanny in the kitchen.

On 3/27/2018 at 9:04 AM, nokidsmom said:

Being it seems that Peter agreed to limited as well as supervised visitation, I would not be surprised to see the above happening.

I don't know if Peter is being marginalized or if he agreed to the visitation arrangement out of any guilt as suggested by a post above thread, however, I do see this remarriage as possibly marginalizing him further.  Especially with him across the country and step dad is in the home, actively raising the kids.   And something that Scottie would be totally fine with. 

I just hope Peter can finally feel like he can come out and be himself, if that is what he wants.

And I doubt the above will happen because Kelly and the new Grifter would lose the child support.

So can someone get me up to speed with the Bradrick family. Like all of Peters family and then his marriage to Kelly and their kids. And then the divorce and remarriage for kelly?

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I just hope Peter can finally feel like he can come out and be himself, if that is what he wants.

And I doubt the above will happen because Kelly and the new Grifter would lose the child support.

I am hoping Peter can be himself as well.  

They can marginalize Peter if that is what they want to do and still collect the child support as the support is by court order.    How Peter will react to this (if it happens) and challenge the support / visitation arrangement legally because of it would be another matter.  

@mommagoose This was before my time on FJ but from what I can figure out:

Peter Bradrick was essentially being trained as Doug Phillip's (who Is A Tool) 2nd in command in Vision Forum. The two men were so close and so homophobic that there were jokes about the two of them being in love with each other. Peter Bradrick and Kelly Brown essentially had an arranged marriage. Bradrick waxed rhapsodic about her purity and her sturdiness (for rolling under a fence outside???), she submitted to Daddy and Bradrick in all things, and the marriage was advertised as of Christ to His Church. Then they had 6 kids in about as many years, including one birth where Bradrick dragged an immediately postpartum Kelly around Israel. Kelly hemorrhaged and had to be life-flighted to hospital care. I think there was a new pregnancy in rapid succession after that too. At some point during this, Doug Phillip's was sexually harassing/assaulting his nanny/member of VF, a young woman named Lourdes Torres who seems to have moved away from fundamentalism, and VF collapsed. Bradrick wrote a scathing later of his mentor and denounced him. A bit later, after a surprising gap in children for Brown and Bradrick, Bradrick filed for divorce. The stipulations for supervised visitation of the children including a line about "girlfriend or boyfriend of Bradrick cannot be present," which along with some insider hints suggests that the marriage fell apart due to adultery, and possible bi/homosexuality. Brown and kids moved back into her father's home to be SAHD again, and now it seems she is remarrying. 

There's more info on the "fundie change surprised you the most" and the courtship stories thread. I actually wrote this post on the fundie change thread:

"Here is what I understand: Kelly Brown and Peter Bradrick were VF fundie royalty, and their wedding was this huge affair with tons of attendants, patriarchy/submission, the whole 9 yards, the wedding was even billed as of the marriage of Christ to the Church, seriously. Kelly was a blonde, thin, pure-as-the-driven snow bride in a princess dress. Then they had 6 kids in 7 years. Kelly had serious birth complications at least once when Peter took Kelly galavanting around Israel(???? I think) ridiculously soon postpartum and she hemorrhaged and needed immediate medical attention...and then they had two kids right after that. Kelly gained a lot of weight and looked very "frumpy" compared to how she looked 7 years previously (which is not a judgment on her appearance but generally did not look happy). THEN there was a gap in kids. Then it was announced that Peter? filed for divorce. Kelly got sole custody of the kids and Peter had only limited supervised visitation. Later documents seemed to suggest that Peter had an affair, and the wording of the document said something like "neither girlfriend or boyfriend of Peter can be present" for supervision. Because Peter Bradrick and Doug Phillips seemed very into each other in the way only a fundie king and prince with wide stances and smirks together can seem, many people took this to mean that Bradrick cheated on Kelly with a man. But we don't really know."

Hope that helps. 

Can anyone dredge up that picture of Kelly, holding a baby,  standing on the back deck of her mobile home while the other children played by her feet?  I want to say she was barefoot and pregnant, but that might be projection on my part. 

22 minutes ago, Howl said:

Can anyone dredge up that picture of Kelly, holding a baby,  standing on the back deck of her mobile while the other children played by her feet?  I want to say she was barefoot and pregnant, but that might be projection on my part. 

I think she was wearing flip-flops, but that's close enough for me. 

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Can anyone dredge up that picture of Kelly, holding a baby,  standing on the back deck of her mobile home while the other children played by her feet?  I want to say she was barefoot and pregnant, but that might be projection on my part. 

Copy+of+untitled.JPG

One can only wonder what was on her mind at this moment.  And where/what Peter was up to or with at the time....

What asshat would originally take that photo -- Peter?

I assume he then publically posted it.  As what? -- proof Princess Kelly is being fruitful and multiplying or to shame her about how frumpy she looks and spur her to get back in shape.  If I remember this is when they were living in Wash. state with no money. 

17 minutes ago, Quinquagenarian said:

One can only wonder what was on her mind at this moment.  And where/what Peter was up to or with at the time....

They were in the Pacific Northwest, so I'm assuming she was wondering if it would EVER stop raining. 

I don’t think they had yet moved to the PNW when that photo was taken. Those are some of the older boys. I always hate when this gets paraded out. Everyone has a photo of themselves like this and I truly believe it means nothing about how she was feeling at that time in her life. It’s just an unflattering picture and she’s making a face. I think she was also pregnant again in that picture, not just holding on to belly chub. She certainly was back to being very thin before she got pregnant with the last baby anyway. 

33 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Wasn't there a point where she had to haul water? 

They either had no water heater or an insufficient/inoperable one, so Kelly had to heat water on the stove for bathing in the morning. 

Here's a better picture of fundie princess Kelly and headship Bradrick with first baby Triumph

5ac64c7b504d1_SixtiethWeddingAnniversary022.jpg.f3915f821e7e3029245cbe50d6fe16fd.jpg

and of course the wedding

Spoiler

Kelly.thumb.jpg.3b80de8c9a604558e8a64b7bc090cecd.jpg

37 minutes ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

I don’t think they had yet moved to the PNW when that photo was taken....I think she was also pregnant again in that picture, not just holding on to belly chub.

It's definitely not Texas, and yes, she's pregnant with #3.  The point, I think, is how incredibly fast things change for these young fundy women when the babies start coming non stop very soon after the marriage. 

12 minutes ago, Howl said:

It's definitely not Texas, and yes, she's pregnant with #3.  The point, I think, is how incredibly fast things change for these young fundy women when the babies start coming non stop very soon after the marriage. 

That photo was taken in Wake Forrest, IIRC.  Bradrick was working for FIL Scottie then on the NCFIC Internship program.  Bradrick stopped working as DPIAT's executive assistant after he and Kelly got married, although he played at Hazardous Journeys with the other former VF interns until the Fall of Doug.

It was only after Peter went public about being formally disowned and declared to be a "destroyer" by Doug that they moved to WA close to the Bradrick parents.  It is unclear why, but Scott was on the VF BoD and fully engaged in the cover-up of Doug's shenanigans.  Perhaps Peter felt betrayed by Scott or Scott gave him the boot for speaking out in public.  Or perhaps it was just that Peter's business in NC failed. Who knows.  

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

It was only after Peter went public about being formally disowned and declared to be a "destroyer" by Doug that they moved to WA close to the Bradrick parents.  It is unclear why, but Scott was on the VF BoD and fully engaged in the cover-up of Doug's shenanigans.  Perhaps Peter felt betrayed by Scott or Scott gave him the boot for speaking out in public.  Or perhaps it was just that Peter's business in NC failed. Who knows.

I clearly remember that Peter and family turned up in WA shortly after he reported DPIAT's reaction to him at their confrontation.    There was speculation here about why due to the timing but no concrete information ever surfaced.  They all of a sudden were in WA.

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived