IGNORED

BRADRICK! Divorce Part 3: Now With Remarriage?

Destiny

12 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

They’d agree on the story, though, wouldn’t they?

But there's no reason to think that the early menopause story isn't true and a valid reason for them to adopt.  Plenty of gay or bi men have fathered children -  in or out of the closet.

Whatever the bio-parentage of the Brown's children I too deplore the way they were brought up.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heyo! I remember Robert Ziegler. A lot of speculation going on here but the good news, for him and Kelly, is that I remember him as a very sweet guy, awkward but soft-spoken and kind, a stark contrast to Peter's braggadocio and domineering manner. I don't think anything is "wrong" with him per se, but I think he grew up in an extremely religious context (his family may be Mennonite) which probably accounts for his zeal. The eye flutter is I believe a nervous tick—he was fairly shy and being on camera for the interview probably exacerbated that. I haven't seen or spoken to him for the better part of a decade, but I think it's safe to say he's not a douchecanoe as speculated here—and I feel like Kelly would be far more likely to exert control over him than vice versa. If I remember correctly he actually owns or has some stake in family farmland in Nebraska, and one can support a family as a contractor in many parts of the country, so he's not a deadbeat. I don't recall any reason why he went so long unmarried, other than that he didn't really talk much to anyone? Bit of a stereotypical midwestern farm boy, tall/strong/capable but shy/reticent/awkward/sweet and simplistic.

If these are the people involved in the wedding that took place, it's an unlikely pairing, and it certainly raises a lot of questions, but here's hoping that it works out for the both of them! Might be good for her to have someone to carry some of her burden but who is very mellow and quiet.

If I remember correctly, one of the older Wissman girls married a never-married farmer man from Nebraska, and he was a bit older too. Definitely in his mid to late thirties, early forties.  The big difference there being that she didn’t come with a quiverfull of another, still living, man’s children.  But I guess I can see how it might be difficult for a man to find the right wife if he was living and working in rural Nebraska. 

Well now I feel a bit bad for bringing the eye-flutter up (esp as one of my kids has tics).

All my patronising friends who do it are also immensely successful academically (and perhaps it's my own short-comings that makes me feel patronized!) but they are also a bit socially awkward, which could be lack of confidence.

I hope for Kelly's sake that he is nice to her. I still think there is something not-quite-right about him- i.e. the fact he can't (or won't) grasp why it is wrong to preach at kids during maths class!

20 minutes ago, Othello said:

Heyo! I remember Robert Ziegler. A lot of speculation going on here but the good news, for him and Kelly, is that I remember him as a very sweet guy, awkward but soft-spoken and kind, a stark contrast to Peter's braggadocio and domineering manner. I don't think anything is "wrong" with him per se, but I think he grew up in an extremely religious context (his family may be Mennonite) which probably accounts for his zeal.  Bit of a stereotypical midwestern farm boy, tall/strong/capable but shy/reticent/awkward/sweet and simplistic....If these are the people involved in the wedding that took place, it's an unlikely pairing, and it certainly raises a lot of questions, but here's hoping that it works out for the both of them! Might be good for her to have someone to carry some of her burden but who is very mellow and quiet.

This sounds wonderful.  A Norwegian Bachelor Farmer of sorts, for those who followed Prairie Home Companion. 

Yes, I’m sure he would agree, @MamaJunebug, but my point was that the story was coming directly from her and there was no reason to doubt her. It actually came up while talking about sex and hormones and such, not about adoption. 

I don’t know about all of the siblings being biological, but Kelly and Claudia are not. I base that on an IG post that Kelly deleted for some reason. I happen to think she and Blair look a lot alike. I highly doubt their adoptions were not on the up and up. 

1 hour ago, punkiepie said:

If I remember correctly, one of the older Wissman girls married a never-married farmer man from Nebraska, and he was a bit older too. Definitely in his mid to late thirties, early forties.  The big difference there being that she didn’t come with a quiverfull of another, still living, man’s children.  But I guess I can see how it might be difficult for a man to find the right wife if he was living and working in rural Nebraska. 

I knew somebody who was searching on a matchmaking site “Farmers Only.”  I do hope what @Othello remembers is accurate and that KBBZ & younglings move to NE. Far away from Scuttle & Ursula. 

38 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

I knew somebody who was searching on a matchmaking site “Farmers Only.”  I do hope what @Othello remembers is accurate and that KBBZ & younglings move to NE. Far away from Scuttle & Ursula. 

"You don't have to be lonely/At Farmers Only dot come." Thank you, I now have that jingle running through my head. :laughing-rolling:

On 3/26/2018 at 1:22 PM, Georgiana said:

I'm 30 and going on a date with someone who is 37 tonight (first date!)...suddenly I feel uncomfortable about the age gap! :) 

There's actually a formula for the age gap ick factor. Divide the older person's age by two and add seven to find the youngest person s/he should be dating. For example, if the oldest person is 24, 19 is the youngest not-icky age he should be dating.

(37/2) + 7 = 25.5 so you have nothing to feel uncomfortable about.

5 hours ago, Howl said:

This sounds wonderful.  A Norwegian Bachelor Farmer of sorts, for those who followed Prairie Home Companion. 

That was EXACTLY my thought when I saw Othello's post.  I went to college with a few bachelor farmer sorts who had come East from the rural Midwest. Most of them were very quiet but pretty decent guys.

6 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

I grew up in Iowa, and my friends and I spent a 'season of life' signing each other up on "Farmers Only" as a prank. Ah, sweet innocence. 

On 3/26/2018 at 10:00 AM, Palimpsest said:

Do I need to harness up the rescue ferrets?  Do you prefer them to carry sweet or savory snacks, and alcoholic beverages, water, or caffeine?  :)

If I ever need the rescue ferrets, I would like wine and plenty of popcorn. Or chocolate and coffee.

4 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

There's actually a formula for the age gap ick factor. Divide the older person's age by two and add seven to find the youngest person s/he should be dating. For example, if the oldest person is 24, 19 is the youngest not-icky age he should be dating.

Whoops.  :pb_lol:

8 hours ago, ElToro said:

I hope for Kelly's sake that he is nice to her. I still think there is something not-quite-right about him- i.e. the fact he can't (or won't) grasp why it is wrong to preach at kids during maths class!

Well that in context is more proof to the naive farm kid narrative.  And likely very sheltered.  But he should have caught a clue at a public school.  Teaching a STEM class no less.

9 hours ago, ElToro said:

I agree on both counts.

I hope the poster who knows him is correct about him being a nice guy--I have been the poster who knew a snark subject personally, so I get it--but I can't get past the preaching in math class. And I'm sorry but I don't buy the naivete excuse. He didn't just roll off the cabbage truck; he had graduated summa cum laude from an accredited school with a degree in math education. Every education degree I am familiar with has involved some coursework covering appropriate professional behavior, not to mention student teaching experience. Additionally, he'd been spoken to more than once about his inappropriate behavior. This is not a stupid guy and this is not a clueless guy. This is someone who should have known better, willfully and self-righteously deciding that the rules did not apply to him.  I hope the best for Kelly but I fear for her happiness.

8 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Well, that formula puts the youngest guy I should date at about 31 years old. But, if I'm the younger one, it puts me in the range for dating a guy who is 80 years old. :pink-shock: My personal comfort doesn't range that far! :pb_lol:

10 hours ago, VVV said:

And I'm sorry but I don't buy the naivete excuse.

But he was fired for his faith!  He's a hero and a martyr, you unbeliever, you!  :penguin-no:

It makes me wonder when this supposedly "naive", nice, shy, (possibly) Mennonite, intelligent, educated man fell into the clutches of the VF gang.   Did they contact him after he was fired for preaching instead of teaching to feature him in the IndoctriNation movie.  Or had they got their hooks into him much earlier than 2010 -2011.

Of course, many of the VF gang are highly educated and intelligent - if not nice or naive.  The cast of that film is a veritable rogues gallery of VF nasties. 

11 hours ago, Soulhuntress said:

Well that in context is more proof to the naive farm kid narrative.  And likely very sheltered.  But he should have caught a clue at a public school.  Teaching a STEM class no less

I don't buy it either. It wasn't like he didn't know he was doing something wrong. He was told to stop and he continued. He knew exactly what he was doing and that it certain circles he would get praised. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

I don't buy it either. It wasn't like he didn't know he was doing something wrong. He was told to stop and he continued. He knew exactly what he was doing and that it certain circles he would get praised. 

Aha! THIS is what has Been niggling at my brain about this:  Boy be stoopid??

Has a good job in a government school. Throws it away.

Has a good job in a private school. Throws it away.

Kelly & the Bradlings might find themselves wanting, I fear. But at least Kels will have a couple older sons to  help her draw water and boil it on the stove for morning baths. *

* Yes, we longtimers will remember how Peter waxed rhapsodic about his sturdy girl providing hot water for the family because the manse he’d provided (or had been provided) lacked a working water heater. Note well: manly peter didn’t haul water: mamma Kelly, probably also pregnant, did. 

One day she’s gonna wake up to how the men in her community have failed her.  I hope that stopped with Peter.  i hope her sons become  menschen as they grow. But given their role models?  .....

36 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Aha! THIS is what has Been niggling at my brain about this:  Boy be stoopid??

Has a good job in a government school. Throws it away.

Has a good job in a private school. Throws it away.

Boy doesn't actually enjoy teaching, has other skills (like project management), and owns shares in a farm?  Boy not necessarily be stoopid to stop teaching. 

FTR, I started out as a middle school teacher.  I hated teaching even though I liked the kids.  I changed careers and never looked back.  He may actually make more money with what he is doing now than he would as a teacher in a private Christian school.  They often pay really  badly.

16 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Well, that formula puts the youngest guy I should date at about 31 years old. But, if I'm the younger one, it puts me in the range for dating a guy who is 80 years old. :pink-shock: My personal comfort doesn't range that far! :pb_lol:

Don't you realize that we would be the hot young things in this scenario? :kitty-wink:

I am wondering if Peter left home early and came home late, as previously stated, he did not enjoy being a father much.

That, and getting used to his new reality, may mean he did not fight for his children.

I hope once he has settled into his new world, he fights to be part of their lives.

This is assuming he is a decent person.

On 3/25/2018 at 4:56 PM, Marian the Librarian said:

Bradrick!'s real estate broker's license is still valid in Washington State. Google searching yields a number of hits that indicate he's a Keller-Williams agent. 

I'm thinking it's time to send MamaJuneBug to Washington State to sleuth a little bit.  You could pretend to be  shopping for a MidCentury Modern or a nice Tudor  in Washington state and you need a helpful, boistorous  real estate agent with jug ears  realtor to show you the ropes.  With skillful questioning and sympathetic noises,  you could get the scoop  on his personal life. What say you, MJB?  

On 3/25/2018 at 8:52 PM, WonderingInWA said:

Nathaniel Darnell Syndrome, anyone?

I am of the theory that Nattie Darnell is biding his time waiting for a Botkin daughter. He's hoping Pappy Botkin eventually gets senile enough to give permission for him to wed one of them (not sure it matters which one). 

13 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Scott suddenly feels the need to warn against "talebearing":

Scottie can go butt a stump. Cause we are talking about it! With lots of conjecture and speculation and theories. 

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived