IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 2: Growing (a Little Bit) Older Together

Jellybean

@picklepizzas From Duggar Data,

"Erin + Chad   |   c.  April 30, 2011

Erin + Chad met at the 2011 Institute in Basic Life Principles’s (IBLP) Valentine’s Day Banquet, which was held on February 11, 2011...According to Chad, he saw Erin again “later on that year,” at “a conference … in Texas.”  When I heard that, I immediately suspected that that event was, in fact, the 2011 ATI Conference in Big Sandy, TX—a suspicion that the Bateses’ blog quickly confirmed.  Per Chad, he got to know Erin better at Big Sandy and, “from then on, we kinda pursued a relationship.”

Sounds like a pre–courtship to me!  In 2011, the Big Sandy ATI Conference ran from April 26–29, so—taking Chad at this word—the Paines have been ‘special friends’ since April 30, 2011."

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recently rewatched the United Bates of America episodes and Chad is in them when they go to Big Sandy (and here is decided hinting at a relationship by producers)

Erin and Chad’s courtship started in early 2013 , not 2012

edit: i just saw the date is December 4th 2012 (I thought it was April 12th at first lol), so I guess that is the date. I just remember January 2013 for some reason

Edit: So it's late here and I've had a few minutes to chill and Ive realised the drivers side is the other way around in the US and Carlin may not actually be driving.

However I standard by my comments about it not being a great place to post for Instagram and would like to apply my comments to anyone who does do this while driving.

Carlin's current Instagram story is her in a car, zooming in on her younger sister Callie sleeping in the back. She then turns the camera around showing her as the driver of this car on a motorway, no hands on the wheel.

Great job Carlin.

Your not only responsible for the lives of those in your vehicle, but everyone else on the road. You're hardly an experienced driver, and even then NO person is experienced at driving enough to warrant taking Instagram videos and selfies rather than concentrating on the task at hand.

Jesus isn't going to take the wheel while you pose for Instagram.

On 6/2/2018 at 9:42 PM, Seculardaisy said:

https://www.tvinsider.com/693090/bringing-up-bates-carlin-bates-interview/

Carlin gave an interview and I laughed at the part where she mentioned Alyssa having a fuschia colors themed wedding. I will never get over that wedding. Alyssa has come so far.

DAMN Taryn Yaeger and her soft glow strike again. 

On 6/2/2018 at 10:42 PM, Seculardaisy said:

Carlin gave an interview and I laughed at the part where she mentioned Alyssa having a fuschia colors themed wedding. I will never get over that wedding. Alyssa has come so far.

From the interview: "Your siblings’ weddings have been completely unique, from the dresses, to the color scheme, to what the groomsmen wore. Does everyone make an effort to do something different, or are you just such unique personalities that it just happens that way?"

Oh please. 

Engagement of less than 4 months? Check

Religious wedding ceremony in a bigass Fundy Protestant Christian Church? Check

100s of fundy family and friends invited? Check

Fancy  white floor length wedding dress + veil? Check

Undereducated basic fundy WASP girls marrying undereducated basic fundy WASP boys who sorta look alike? Check

Wife Promises to Obey in vows? Check

Daddy Bates on stage? Check

White male fundy ministers as officiants? Check

A zillion fundy sisters as bridesmaids in floor length gowns? Check

No-alcohol no-dancing reception without a real meal? Check

Such unique. such wow.

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

From the interview: "Your siblings’ weddings have been completely unique, from the dresses, to the color scheme, to what the groomsmen wore. Does everyone make an effort to do something different, or are you just such unique personalities that it just happens that way?"

Oh please. 

Engagement of less than 4 months? Check

Religious wedding ceremony in a bigass Fundy Protestant Christian Church? Check

100s of fundy family and friends invited? Check

Fancy  white floor length wedding dress + veil? Check

Undereducated basic fundy WASP girls marrying undereducated basic fundy WASP boys who sorta look alike? Check

Wife Promises to Obey in vows? Check

Daddy Bates on stage? Check

White male fundy ministers as officiants? Check

A zillion fundy sisters as bridesmaids in floor length gowns? Check

No-alcohol no-dancing reception without a real meal? Check

Such unique. such wow.

While I 100% agree with you, I will add that people from similar backgrounds/ with a similar lifestyle tend to have very similar weddings. If it is a church wedding the white dress, veil and some bouquet are still pretty much standard. 

Obviously there are always exceptions and I feel like in the last five years those patterns tend to get looser.

15 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

Edit: So it's late here and I've had a few minutes to chill and Ive realised the drivers side is the other way around in the US and Carlin may not actually be driving.

However I standard by my comments about it not being a great place to post for Instagram and would like to apply my comments to anyone who does do this while driving.

Carlin's current Instagram story is her in a car, zooming in on her younger sister Callie sleeping in the back. She then turns the camera around showing her as the driver of this car on a motorway, no hands on the wheel.

Great job Carlin.

Your not only responsible for the lives of those in your vehicle, but everyone else on the road. You're hardly an experienced driver, and even then NO person is experienced at driving enough to warrant taking Instagram videos and selfies rather than concentrating on the task at hand.

Jesus isn't going to take the wheel while you pose for Instagram.

Ten bucks says she'd do a twee, duckface-filled photoshoot with Evan on the steps of the courthouse before her reckless driving/vehicular manslaughter trial. 

8 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Ten bucks says she'd do a twee, duckface-filled photoshoot with Evan on the steps of the courthouse before her reckless driving/vehicular manslaughter trial. 

Her leghumpers will still support her because zomg her dress and shoe game will be supercute that day, too.

12 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Her leghumpers will still support her because zomg her dress and shoe game will be supercute that day, too.

made me think of this video!

17 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Would she pull a Jana and alter her orange jumpsuit to look like a chic shirtdress cuz modesty? 

On 6/3/2018 at 4:42 AM, Seculardaisy said:

I like to think that Alyssa's wedding was just a huge colourful fuck you, I'm outta here and going fundie extra light!

Carlin's wedding will be so cringeworthy, imagine duckfaces in weddding pictures...

I think she's a bit jealous of her sisters who got married early.

Gil was right about beeing hesistant letting them court. Even for sheltered fundie standards, she seems so immature. Wouldn't be surprised if Josie ends up getting married first (though Kelton gives me the creeps).

No doubt that Carlin will be a beautiful bride, but you are absolutely right @squiddysquid, the duck faces will destroy everything. I feel really sorry for everybody who will be involved in the preparations for this wedding since they'll have to deal with two immature bridezillas. 

With Josie I could actually see a smaller wedding than usual for the Bates family. 

Carlin wedding predictions:

So much duckface that a bunch of ducklings start following her around because they think she's their mother.

Dress/Hair: Single White Female-ing the Duchess of Sussex as much as fundiedom will allow her; she will look awesome, mind you. 

Bridesmaids: Probably very tasteful, but I could also see her putting them in slightly unflattering dresses so that they don't look prettier than her. Joy will be a bridesmaid but will have to hide from the cameras because of the weird TLC/UPTv thing. 

Decor: Carlin will touch off a Mason jar, fairy light, succulent, and twee calligraphy shortage, sending Pinterest into an economic tailspin. 

Ceremony antics: Gil will all but admit that he thinks this is all a horrible idea, there will be a HI-larious mishap at the altar manufactured for the wedding episode, Carlin and Evan will kiss/suck each other's faces in a way that will cause FJ and Fundie Tumblr to speculate that they were doing the nasty before marriage, Taryn Yager will take endless overly airbrushed photos, and Jill Rodrigues will crash the wedding. 

7 hours ago, ophelia said:

they'll have to deal with two immature bridezillas. 

I just spit out my coffee :smellie_lol::clap:

10 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Carlin wedding predictions:

So much duckface that a bunch of ducklings start following her around because they think she's their mother.

Dress/Hair: Single White Female-ing the Duchess of Sussex as much as fundiedom will allow her; she will look awesome, mind you. 

Bridesmaids: Probably very tasteful, but I could also see her putting them in slightly unflattering dresses so that they don't look prettier than her. Joy will be a bridesmaid but will have to hide from the cameras because of the weird TLC/UPTv thing. 

Decor: Carlin will touch off a Mason jar, fairy light, succulent, and twee calligraphy shortage, sending Pinterest into an economic tailspin. 

Ceremony antics: Gil will all but admit that he thinks this is all a horrible idea, there will be a HI-larious mishap at the altar manufactured for the wedding episode, Carlin and Evan will kiss/suck each other's faces in a way that will cause FJ and Fundie Tumblr to speculate that they were doing the nasty before marriage, Taryn Yager will take endless overly airbrushed photos, and Jill Rodrigues will crash the wedding. 

You forgot the V for Victory handsigns in pictures!!!

Oh, and Evan and his pack of brosmaids  will wear wacky socks. Cause they are edgy that way.

On 6/8/2018 at 4:21 PM, HereticHick said:

You forgot the V for Victory handsigns in pictures!!!

Oh, and Evan and his pack of brosmaids  will wear wacky socks. Cause they are edgy that way.

But they'll do the V sign in the obscene way. My god I want her to come to London and do that pose in every single photo she does. 

They'll pick a secular song for the processional and it will be waaaaayyyy more sexual than they probably intended, or it will be a song that is pretty ostensibly about a queer relationship/by a queer singer, but they'll be utterly oblivious to that. 

I am seriously beginning to wonder if Carlin is already engaged. the show sure wants us to think so with sneak peek scenes like this.

http://uptv.com/bringing-up-bates/bringing-up-bates-an-i-love-you-day-engagement/

and episode synopsis's like this. 

Now that many of the older Bates girls have moved out of the house, it’s Carlin’s turn to take on new household responsibilities, including tutoring her younger siblings. But how will the Bates kids respond to Carlin’s new rules? Later, Gil and the family head to Myrtle Beach, SC so the kids can meet Mama Jane’s side of the family for the first time. The adventure begins with lunch at a seafood restaurant, but can he convince the Bates kids to try seafood for the very first time? And despite the cold weather, the family enjoys some bonding time on the beach, including a morning exercise stroll with Mama Jane and her sisters and some football time on the sand. But during the game, will Carlin lure Evan away from the guys, to pose for some “engagement worthy” photos?

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I am seriously beginning to wonder if Carlin is already engaged. the show sure wants us to think so with sneak peek scenes like this.

http://uptv.com/bringing-up-bates/bringing-up-bates-an-i-love-you-day-engagement/

and episode synopsis's like this. 

I think UP is salivating over a future engagement as much as Kelly is at this point. 

But seriously, I very much doubt they’re engaged. The Bateses usually don’t wait too long to announce engagements and the show is a few months behind current events.

2 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I think UP is salivating over a future engagement as much as Kelly is at this point. 

But seriously, I very much doubt they’re engaged. The Bateses usually don’t wait too long to announce engagements and the show is a few months behind current events.

If it was any other couple I would agree but If I remember correctly Carlin and Even were officially courting for months before it was announced right before the new season started . So I could see that couple being secretly engaged and waiting for a maximum impact. 

There's a post on reddit today about an engagement in the TN mountains and the ridiculous non-biodegradable fake rose petals left strewn around the forest...

Immediately came to check if it was CarlEv.

On 6/7/2018 at 4:25 PM, squiddysquid said:

I like to think that Alyssa's wedding was just a huge colourful fuck you, I'm outta here and going fundie extra light!

Carlin's wedding will be so cringeworthy, imagine duckfaces in weddding pictures...

I think she's a bit jealous of her sisters who got married early.

Gil was right about beeing hesistant letting them court. Even for sheltered fundie standards, she seems so immature. Wouldn't be surprised if Josie ends up getting married first (though Kelton gives me the creeps).

Quickly reminder that Alyssa is NOT fundie-lite and wearing different clothing (pants! Hot pink! Pumps!) isn't an indication of any belief change.

59 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Quickly reminder that Alyssa is NOT fundie-lite and wearing different clothing (pants! Hot pink! Pumps!) isn't an indication of any belief change.

I have to disagree Alyssa was raised skirts/Dresses only she was literally the first child they went with that move. so her going Pants when her whole life it was shoved down her throat that pants are evil and skirts/Dresses are the only godly modest way to live is a big belief change for anyone. 

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I have to disagree Alyssa was raised skirts/Dresses only she was literally the first child they went with that move. so her going Pants when her whole life it was shoved down her throat that pants are evil and skirts/Dresses are the only godly modest way to live is a big belief change for anyone. 

This has been hashed out so many times already, so I’ll keep this simple:

It’s a switch from her parents’ personal convictions. It is not, however, a sign that they are moving away from IBLP teachings though. IBLP teachings are that females are required to wear skirts at official cult functions, but that requirement switches to more of a recommendation for non-official functions (such as when females are at home.)

So yeah. Alyssa wearing pants indicates exactly nothing other than the fact that she, her husband, and her in-law’s view the skirts only thing as a recommendation and not a rule.

7 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I’m fairly sure we’ve hashed this out with you before as well.

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived