IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 2: Growing (a Little Bit) Older Together

Jellybean

This was the trip they were coming to see Alyssa and the baby right? They're now in Disney and before that it was Sea World and he is supposed to be in school, too. None of that is cheap. How do they do it? Is UP filming? 

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

This was the trip they were coming to see Alyssa and the baby right? They're now in Disney and before that it was Sea World and he is supposed to be in school, too. None of that is cheap. How do they do it? Is UP filming? 

I'm going to give Carlin a break since it's also basically her birthday trip. her birthday is the 11th. I am sure Up is also taping this. They also went down for Allie's party which they had a few days ago. 

2 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

They're now in Disney and before that it was Sea World and he is supposed to be in school, too. None of that is cheap. How do they do it? Is UP filming? 

If UP doesn't pay for this, I would love to know how the Bates afford their lifestyle. Lawson and Nathan travel constantly. Gil and Kelly travel constantly(granted IBLP probably pays for some of that). How do their finances work? 

6 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

If UP doesn't pay for this, I would love to know how the Bates afford their lifestyle. Lawson and Nathan travel constantly. Gil and Kelly travel constantly(granted IBLP probably pays for some of that). How do their finances work? 

I looked this up a few days ago. from what I found they have a combined net worth of about 1 million that was last year. the show is in no harm of being canceled that is up's cash cow.  most of their trips are filmed for the show. they where there for Trace and Lawson's trick riding. they were probably there for the ski trip. I also think Nathan uses the Duggar plane from time to time.

I am amazed that it doesn’t seem to be an engagement trip. I mean her birthday + Disney + filming and family. Probably to much stereotyped even for her?

And I am seriously jealous of her hair.... She looks like the cool hip hop skater girl I desperately wanted to be when I was sixteen.

This is random, but I’ve never actually known how many siblings Evan has. I knew he had a brother and at least 2 sisters (Kailyn, who’s always commenting on Lawson’s IG, and the one who’s married with the last name Sparkman). So when he posted this Instagram for siblings’ day, I couldn’t tell how many sisters there actually were.

So I checked Kailyn’s IG, and it’s turns out there are 4 sisters?? They all look so much alike that I always thought it was the same 2 women. :pb_lol:

Spoiler

So let this be a PSA for those who were oblivious like me that there are actually 6 Stewart siblings.

2 hours ago, Mayluka said:

This is random, but I’ve never actually known how many siblings Evan has. I knew he had a brother and at least 2 sisters (Kailyn, who’s always commenting on Lawson’s IG, and the one who’s married with the last name Sparkman). So when he posted this Instagram for siblings’ day, I couldn’t tell how many sisters there actually were.

So I checked Kailyn’s IG, and it’s turns out there are 4 sisters?? They all look so much alike that I always thought it was the same 2 women. :pb_lol:

Hide contents

So let this be a PSA for those who were oblivious like me that there are actually 6 Stewart siblings.

I looked it up because you got me curious he has two married sisters Brittany and Ashley, then two older unmarried sisters Meagan and Kaitlyn and then of course Ethan. you can tell what time period they were all born in that's for sure. 

birthday message from the bates. the disney trip seems to have been a surprise for carlin and some friends gave them the tickets. 

I'm really shocked that they let Carlin wear a dress with the back cut out, with what seems like her bra very visible.  (5th picture above.)  I mean I would totally wear something like that on vacation, but I can't even imagine Jinger or Alyssa wearing it. 

Carlin is dressing like I assume a lot of us do...those frumpers are long gone. I'm actually pretty jealous of her look and her vacation. 

Being that it's Disney, I looked VERRRY closely for an engagement ring. Either its well-hidden or didn't happen yet. But I'm always suspicious with these two. 

On 4/10/2018 at 1:29 PM, formergothardite said:

WTF is up with all the Disney? Does no one else remember the crisis of faith Zach started with Winnie the Pooh?

Ok, Allie is GORGEOUS and will outshine her aunts. Calling it now.

Carlin... please please tone it down. Show us some intellectual depth. Please?

2 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

WTF is up with all the Disney? Does no one else remember the crisis of faith Zach started with Winnie the Pooh?

No, do tell!

3 minutes ago, TeaELSee said:

No, do tell!

I don't remember it as a crisis of faith. Zach and whit decorated Bradley's nursury and in Winnie the pooh and I believe said they would let him watch it. Kelly Jo and Gil said that they respected that the kids that were not living at home had their own rules and that was okay. obviously they were talking small rules. ie winnie the pooh and Pants ect... it's not like a big fuss was made about it and Kelly even bought Winnie the pooh things for the nursery. 

I’d just love to know what her Disney familiarity actually is. I mean, I guess you can have it be a dream come true to go there without having ever seen the mouse. But has she seen any Disney stuff? Isn’t that part of the magic of going?

It’s fun. It’d be fun anyway. But much more fun if you know the stories I think.

6 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

No, do tell!

That was more of a hyperbolic statement - not that I would ever do that on purpose :P . The Bates kids did not watch TV but Whitney wanted a Winnie the Pooh theme and wanted the kids to watch shows like that. Zach was nervously agreeing.

5 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I’d just love to know what her Disney familiarity actually is. I mean, I guess you can have it be a dream come true to go there without having ever seen the mouse. But has she seen any Disney stuff? Isn’t that part of the magic of going?

It’s fun. It’d be fun anyway. But much more fun if you know the stories I think.

Totally agree. The familiarity is likely low.

Didn't Zach say something about how he was going to let Bradley watch Winnie the Pooh or something and seemed annoyed that he wasn't allowed to watch it growing up and didn't think it was a big deal to let his son watch it? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.   

7 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

it's not like a big fuss was made about it and Kelly even bought Winnie the pooh things for the nursery. 

Yeah, but don't you think it shows what sort of warped childhood the Bates kids had where Winnie the Pooh was a big deal?  Despite the gazillion happy Instagram pictures, this family has some really fucked up beliefs. They may dress nicer and do more modern things, but at the core, the Bates are still a family steeped in horrific IBLP/patriarchal beliefs. It was actually better when they acted less "normal" so it was easier to see how insane this family really is. 

4 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Yeah, but don't you think it shows what sort of warped childhood the Bates kids had where Winnie the Pooh was a big deal?  Despite the gazillion happy Instagram pictures, this family has some really fucked up beliefs. They may dress nicer and do more modern things, but at the core, the Bates are still a family steeped in horrific IBLP/patriarchal beliefs. It was actually better when they acted less "normal" so it was easier to see how insane this family really is. 

Exactly. What people don't get is the Gothardites are allowed to dress in a variety of ways  - it is all about "convictions" - and fundamentalism is not all cookie cutter. You were more steeped in this than I was, as you know, but we come from a similar experience. Sometimes, I think people who just know fundamentalism from blogs and TV just don't get the variety of hateful beliefs and how the ideas behind in the world but not of the world and a positive testimony are really behind a lot of the facades we see. It is not "baby steps" away. It is different convictions and masks cover the same garbage.

Winnie the Pooh was a big deal to Zach. If you have not been there, you may not get it the same way.

My family wore shorts and regular bathing suits. We watched television, but we never went to the movies, but there were plenty of other people in IBLP who did go to see movies. Just because the Bates dress more normal now doesn't mean they are some how less terrible in their beliefs. 

It is easy just to see the Instagram pictures and think this is just a large happy family, but that doesn't show the reality of the Bates lifestyle.

Just the fact that Winnie the Pooh was a big deal to Zach shows how dysfunctional this family is. 

13 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

i feel like on one of her Instagram stories from the trip, i saw Carlin caption that she's wearing Minnie Mouse ears, but has never seen the cartoon.  i know that this doesn't apply to all of Disney, but i do feel like it may be an indication toward her familiarity.

13 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Carlin quoted and cited the movie UP in one of her Instagram pictures this week. I forget if Pixar is Disney. On Valentine’s Day Erin got a stack on DVD’s and the top one was Frozen. My guess is they have limited exposure but it has been increasing. I could see Whitney or another friend/relative introducing  them to some Disney.

I feel like Evan probably has every Disney soundtrack memorized.

So Evan is flying back. I am wondering if the Bates are staying longer. if they are just driving back i find it odd that Evan would fly and not just ride with them. 

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived