IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 2: Growing (a Little Bit) Older Together

Jellybean

Carlin liked the latest batch of engagement photos Josie shared on Instagram. The two couples also had a coffee date:

I’d guess that Carlin is happy for Josie, even if it’s difficult for her not to be engaged yet as well. Either that or she’s doing her best to at least appear supportive (which is better than purposely sabotaging someone else’s happiness because of jealousy.)

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was poking around the internet to see if Evans dad had a job, when I googled his name and went to the following link, (white pages) it says he is also known as Paul Dennis Dewire. 

Why would he have an alias?

Mystery man

11 minutes ago, TeaELSee said:

I was poking around the internet to see if Evans dad had a job, when I googled his name and went to the following link, (white pages) it says he is also known as Paul Dennis Dewire. 

Mystery man

Maybe his mother re/married? He could have taken on his stepfather's name permanently, or chose to go back to his previous surname as an adult.

13 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

Mystery man

He must have a job because they seem too busy for the singing ministry right now. They seem to basically have abandoned it, they did a gig in february and thats it, they dont update the website since more than a year ago. Its dificult to find info about them online (the instas are private) but i know the sister worked in the same place as Evan.

One thing that I think is sad for Carlin is that she won't be able to hang out with her married sisters and friends until she herself is married, and even then, she might not be able to.

It's like she and Joy were BFFs, but they don't seem to have mentioned each other, and definitely not seen each other, since Joy was married.  One of the things I hate in Fundyland is how married women are in a different category to singles, coupled with the idea that a husband has to be the wife's Best Friend, now, so there isn't room for other people.  Of course, it doesn't help that their aim in life is a honeymoon baby, and then another baby as soon as possible, so newlyweds move from honeymoons to morning sickness to nesting to heavily pregnant to dealing with a newborn, and that means they don't have time for friends.

But I don't know if Carlin and Evan will be able to have double dates with Josie and Kelton, once they're married, so unless Katie starts dating, that will change a lot of their vibe. It must be different having another couple to hang out with than having a sibling being there to watch, and take the inevitable eleventy cute photos, so they can get something instagrammable...

I'm really surprised that Carlin and Evan aren't engaged. I really expected them to be next. Carlin really seemed to think that too. That's got to hurt. Hopefully she's taking it well. 

the most hilarious hashtag in the photographer's parade o' hashtags was

#ELOPEMENTLOVE

Maybe the photog is too dense to know what an "elopement" is, but it ain't happening to a Bates, I assure you.

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

It's like she and Joy were BFFs, but they don't seem to have mentioned each other, and definitely not seen each other, since Joy was married.  One of the things I hate in Fundyland is how married women are in a different category to singles, coupled with the idea that a husband has to be the wife's Best Friend, now, so there isn't room for other people.  Of course, it doesn't help that their aim in life is a honeymoon baby, and then another baby as soon as possible, so newlyweds move from honeymoons to morning sickness to nesting to heavily pregnant to dealing with a newborn, and that means they don't have time for friends.

I agree with your overall point, but I just wanna point out that Joy and Carlin did see each other at Tori’s wedding in December (there’s a pic), and Carlin also regularly comments on Joy’s pics. She also posted an insta story of the gift Joy gave her for her birthday this April. So they definitely have seen each other since Joy’s wedding (I know it’s only one time {that we know of}, but for all we know they’ve seen each other more and maybe they FaceTime?) . They seem to still be pretty good friends IMO)

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

the most hilarious hashtag in the photographer's parade o' hashtags was

#ELOPEMENTLOVE

Maybe the photog is too dense to know what an "elopement" is, but it ain't happening to a Bates, I assure you.

I bet it’s a branding thing. She probably just copies and pastes her hashtags to attract more business and likes.

Either way it’s hilarious.

21 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

I bet it’s a branding thing. She probably just copies and pastes her hashtags to attract more business and likes.

Either way it’s hilarious.

she probably was tagging it with anything wedding related to get views/to get business

Ohhhh, I hope this means she broke up with Zoolander. Usually I wouldn't hope something like that, but those two? Yeah, I REALLY hope they broke up. Carlin needs like another ten years before she's ready to marry anyone, let alone that nincompoop.

I think it's just about directing the attention back to her.

I can't count how many hinting-at-an-engagement, fake ring posts she made.

Her profile picture is still Zoolander + her, she hasn't deleted any of the staged couple pictures, that would make it official

Carlin also deleted the Instagram story. I don’t think it expired based off that screenshot shared here. I wouldn’t be surprised if she was looking for attention, but it also wouldn’t surprise me if it had nothing to do with Evan either.

My theory is it's the insta-equivalent of a sub-tweet about someone in her circle, and she deleted it when she realised how it looked.  I think if Evan had done her wrong, she would have a much, MUCH more dramatic reaction!

6 hours ago, Lurky said:

My theory is it's the insta-equivalent of a sub-tweet about someone in her circle, and she deleted it when she realised how it looked.  I think if Evan had done her wrong, she would have a much, MUCH more dramatic reaction!

Carlin would do the modern-day equivalent of Joan Crawford in Mommie Dearest making her kids and maids cut the head/face of her ex out of photos on display around her mansion -- get Callie, Ellie, and Michael to photoshop poop emojis over Evan's face, I guess. 

I am curious as to what she's vaguebooking about, though. 

On 7/1/2018 at 12:09 PM, nastyhobbitses said:

Carlin would do the modern-day equivalent of Joan Crawford in Mommie Dearest

NO WIRE HANGERS EVER! 

While she does seem vain, I wouldn't put Carlin in the company of one of the best gay/camp icons of all time, though. 

2 hours ago, TatertotAsserole said:

NO WIRE HANGERS EVER! 

While she does seem vain, I wouldn't put Carlin in the company of one of the best gay/camp icons of all time, though. 

DON'T FUCK WITH ME, FELLAS. THIS AIN'T MY FIRST TIME AT THE RODEO. 

Yeah, if nothing else, Joan would never vaguebook or subtweet. She'd drag you publicly, or go the Mariah route and just say "I don't know her" when asked about her enemies. 

I feel comfortable speculating that “something” may have derailed from at least whatever the Up storyline (maybe the Bates plan) for Carvan was supposed to be. The last few episodes keep bringing up her as oldest, calmer, the other members of the family teasing her about being engaged. Coming from Kelly no less, at that beach shoot in Myrtle Beach, it was kind of cruel in light of what’s actually happened.

It doesn’t look like she has much say in things at this point.  That sucks.

I’m still not convinced there’s anything seriously wrong. She mentioned him in her Instagram Stories yesterday - it was a photo of Evan and something about how lucky she is to have him. I didn’t think to screenshot it, but I definitely saw it.

50 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I’m still not convinced there’s anything seriously wrong. She mentioned him in her Instagram Stories yesterday - it was a photo of Evan and something about how lucky she is to have him. I didn’t think to screenshot it, but I definitely saw it.

I saw it too. They are fine. 

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived