IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 2: Growing (a Little Bit) Older Together

Jellybean

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

I'm not sure if this got modded or not, but only the first season is present in your post. All of the spoiler boxes are empty (at least for me).

I'm sorry.  I'm not sure why they poofed.  I did the spoilers the same way as always.

@Ivycoveredtower I’m watching tonight’s episode online. They’ve previewed it twice now. It literally says “There’s an engagement to announce” and then says they will be revealing it during tomorrow’s episode of Up’s new wedding show. I also changed my guess of who it is from Josie/Kelton to Evan/Carlin based on Papa Bill and Carlin’s conversation about engagement and the picture they showed of the girls hand and engagement ring

Just now, FundiePrincess said:

@Ivycoveredtower I’m watching tonight’s episode online. They’ve previewed it twice now. It literally says “There’s an engagement to announce” and then says they will be revealing it during tomorrow’s episode of Up’s new wedding show. I also changed my guess of who it is from Josie/Kelton to Evan/Carlin based on Papa Bill and Carlin’s conversation about engagement and the picture they showed of the girls hand and engagement ring

Okay I understand what you're saying now.  thanks for the info :). I don't think it would Josie and Kelton just because she isn't 19 yet and I don't see them allowing an engagement until at least her birthday in August but who knows Josie has been given leway the others haven't. 

the engagement must have happened awhile ago though if it's Carlin and Evan since Evan and Carlin have not been around each other for awhile. Carlin keeps complaining that she misses Evan on social media. 

this is from the Ellie Blog and actually scary a bit. Carlin is getting her Bachelor's in Education say what. Also she plans to move to Nashville when she marry's Evan. 

While the guys play football, Carlin has a chat with Papa Bill. She is earning her bachelor’s degree in general education and is also taking music classes to help her with teaching. Carlin lets Papa Bill in on a secret that Gil doesn’t yet know: She will be moving to Nashville when she marries Evan.

21 minutes ago, FundiePrincess said:

Somebody’s engaged! It’ll be announced during tomorrow’s episode of “Our Wedding Story”... my guess was  Josie and Kelton would be first but I’m second guessing myself based on how heavily this episode is pumping up an Evan/Carlin engagement.

Did anyone else notice Callie playing with a ring on Carlin's left finger on the FB Live around the 6:40 mark? I'm thinking it'll be a Carvan engagement. 

6 minutes ago, stardust said:

Did anyone else notice Callie playing with a ring on Carlin's left finger on the FB Live around the 6:40 mark? I'm thinking it'll be a Carvan engagement. 

All the older girls have rings though. They get purity rings when they hit sixteen i believe maybe older I just know Carlin Got her's in season 1 and Katie got her's a few season's ago. Kelton and Josie make the most and least sense all in one. I mean they are the most stable but she would be the youngest Daughter to get engaged. they really seem to love to bend the rules for her and I don't think Alyssa was too happy about that from some comments she made during Josie's birthday. 

Based on Callie comment on today live (she basically said Josie was going to marry before Carlin), and assuming she already knows who is engaged, then i would bet that the engaged girl is Josie.

Did anyone get a screenshot of the "engaged hand" from when it was teased? We can totally analyze that.

Jill Duggar's courtship was outted by a little so I wouldn't automatically discount Callie.

Went back and found it... my vote is still Carlin and Evan (didn’t he give her a Pandora bracelet when they started courting?), but I wouldn’t be surprised if both couples are engaged/ Josie and Kelton beat them down the aisle

88E1CCCB-5963-4EA6-B960-313E4B41D8FF.png

13 minutes ago, FundiePrincess said:

Went back and found it... my vote is still Carlin and Evan (didn’t he give her a Pandora bracelet when they started courting?), but I wouldn’t be surprised if both couples are engaged/ Josie and Kelyon beat them down the aisle

Nope, it's officially Josie! Carlin must be raging! 

Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 10.46.00 PM.png

1 minute ago, stardust said:

Nope, it's officially Josie! Carlin must be raging! 

Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 10.46.00 PM.png

SMDH at Kelly and Gil marrying off their teen daughter. well here comes a wedding by Dec and a baby nine months from then. part of me does feel really bad for Carlin though she's older, she's been with Evan longer and here comes her baby sister getting everything she (Carlin) wanted. that has to royally suck. 

Nice find! There are some crazy hashtags on that photo. I agree, Carlin’s probably royally pissed. But she and Evan both come off incredibly self-centered and immature so the idea of them getting married and having babies is much more awful than Kelton and Josie who both have college degrees (kind of) and “real” jobs. Plus, they just both seem far more mature.

Also, the fact that their relationship has (so far) not consisted of either party singing a horribly cheesy and original love song to the other puts them leagues ahead of the other recent couples in my books!!

307081B7-99CC-4002-BFE5-AFB6721CF0FF.jpeg

I agree that Carlin and Evan come across as really inmature, but i dont see this "Josie is so mature" thing everyone keeps saying. To me she comes across as the inmature 18 year old she is. I am sad that she is getting married so young. Probably by this time next year she will already be a teen mom.

well it explains why Carlin seemed off in tonight's live and had to make sure everyone had to know how amazing her boyfriend is. I'm sure she was trying not to burst into tears well on camera. 

Damn ya'll, it's got to be tough for Carlin trying to be sweet and put on a happy show of emotions for her sister. This is a very interesting situation. Would love to be a fly on the wall during family interactions for the next few days/months.

I have a theory as to why Carlin isn't engaged yet and Josie is. It's because she hasn't graduated yet. I guessing that if Carlin wants to get married while still in school, she'll have to do it in December right after the semester ends like Tori did. Either that or wait until the school year is over and have a summer wedding. I wouldn't be surprised if they go the second route and Carlin and Evan get married next May or June. Which means if I'm right we can expect an I Love You Day engagement. There's also the third option of dropping out for a semester like Erin did. Of course, this is all speculation and should be taken with a grain of salt.

This is all based on the fact that Crown apparently has a rule against students getting married while in school. I definitely think that Josie and Kelton getting engaged before these two has put more pressure for Evan to propose. Anyway, these are just my thoughts and I'm probably wrong. At this point though, I am wondering what is going on.

Is it weird that I have a strong feeling we won’t see a CarVan engagement?

I somehow can totally see Evan dropping out of this  courtship. He gives me the vibe he loves to be on TV and staging himself as „perfect pop-culture boyfriend“ but I cannot see him as a husband providing for his wife (and eleventy kids) anytime soon. There is now a lot of pressure on him and I don’t think he will like that.

3 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

SMDH at Kelly and Gil marrying off their teen daughter. well here comes a wedding by Dec and a baby nine months from then. part of me does feel really bad for Carlin though she's older, she's been with Evan longer and here comes her baby sister getting everything she (Carlin) wanted. that has to royally suck. 

I see your point but she WILL get it eventually and it's not like she has "nothing" she'll hopefully end up with a degree (albeit from crown but that's better than nothing).

49 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

I somehow can totally see Evan dropping out of this  courtship. He gives me the vibe he loves to be on TV and staging himself as „perfect pop-culture boyfriend“ but I cannot see him as a husband providing for his wife (and eleventy kids) anytime soon. There is now a lot of pressure on him and I don’t think he will like that.

Maybe Kelly and Gil don't like Evan and they're either testing him or trying to wait him out. They gave approval for the courtship yes but maybe they changed their minds or whatever the godly way to word that is 

4 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

but I cannot see him as a husband providing for his wife (and eleventy kids) 

This, this is why I think Josie and Kelton make more sense.  I can see Kelton providing before I can see Evan doing so. They both work in trades (where the jobs are), they waited to court per some parents request, and IDK for comparison they just seem in a better place financially than the Duggar teen brides. (Stretching I know, but at least she has a career, yeah looking at you Duggars and limiting your daughters,  at least Bateses have Crown).

On 6/20/2018 at 1:25 AM, Ivycoveredtower said:

I think Carlin is just over it all. she wants out of that house and she'll use any means to do it . online school check. babysitting for Kelly so she looks like the good daughter check. because lets face it her teaching is more like babysitting. Kelly or Tori who actually studied Education okay maybe but Carlin no.  she wants permission to marry and that's all. in this family I can't really say I blame her. I bet she'll be another Erin who paints her room some crazy color because she was never allowed as a little girl. 

This.  In the last few episodes, it looks like Carlin is trying to appear more mature and less flighty.  She has certainly toned down that irritating shrieking.  Both in the group interviews and where she is shown interacting with her siblings, she has mentioned that she is the "eldest daughter", talked about her education, taking on responsibilities, etc.  I think Gil and Kelly, rightly so, have had reservations about her maturity and readiness to be married and Carlin is trying to prove that she is.  

I think Josie/Kelton scored a lot of brownie points in asking to and agreeing to wait to progress in their relationship.  If Josie is truly working at a salon with a boss and customers it does show a fair bit of maturity to interact with the real world and face challenges.    Ditto for Kelton.  Kelton is also the oldest son/child so he may personality wise come off as more mature than Evan.  

Does anyone know what Evan's current job is? I think Gil's main priority before allowing a marriage is that the guy is able to provide for his daughter. It shows in the amount of enthusiasm he had for Brandon especially since (IIRC) Brandon is the only SIL he hasn't trolled so far on BUB when asked for his daughter's hand in marriage. He waited until Bobby had moved to Tennessee and got his new job before allowing him and Tori to move forward. If CarVan are being delayed at all it's because 1. Evan can't support her, 2. Carlin's still in school, or 3. both. 

8 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I wonder what would happen if he broke the courtship. Carlin being immature isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but rather age appropriate. So long as she doesn’t get married. Maybe if he broke it off it would give her perspective and maybe she’d find freedom on her own accord. Unlikely, I realize. But I would really love that for her. 

11 hours ago, anaandrade said:

I have a theory as to why Carlin isn't engaged yet and Josie is. It's because she hasn't graduated yet. I guessing that if Carlin wants to get marrieCd while still in school, she'll have to do it in December right after the semester ends like Tori did. Either that or wait until the school year is over and have a summer wedding. I wouldn't be surprised if they go the second route and Carlin and Evan get married next May or June. Which means if I'm right we can expect an I Love You Day engagement. There's also the third option of dropping out for a semester like Erin did. Of course, this is all speculation and should be taken with a grain of salt.

This is all based on the fact that Crown apparently has a rule against students getting married while in school. I definitely think that Josie and Kelton getting engaged before these two has put more pressure for Evan to propose. Anyway, these are just my thoughts and I'm probably wrong. At this point though, I am wondering what is going on.

Does the rule still apply if she's in online school? if not that may explain why she shifted over. 

11 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

honestly I get the same vibe. poor Carlin if you watch season 6 episode two when she goes to Evan's house with Katie she mentions that she had a relationship that never went through. (no mentions of names) so if that happened I can see her feeling truly useless and broken. 

4 hours ago, stardust said:

Does anyone know what Evan's current job is? I think Gil's main priority before allowing a marriage is that the guy is able to provide for his daughter. It shows in the amount of enthusiasm he had for Brandon especially since (IIRC) Brandon is the only SIL he hasn't trolled so far on BUB when asked for his daughter's hand in marriage. He waited until Bobby had moved to Tennessee and got his new job before allowing him and Tori to move forward. If CarVan are being delayed at all it's because 1. Evan can't support her, 2. Carlin's still in school, or 3. both. 

Evan started to study to be an electrician recently(before that he had a job at an hospital). 

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived