IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 2: Growing (a Little Bit) Older Together

Jellybean

6 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

They already do full frontal hugs in courtship. I think most of the younger Bates girls do.

Rufus forgive me. :laughing-rollingred:

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wicked is not only a secular play, but the show has some avant guard themes, no? Shock to see that was their choice.

Also, Carlin confirmed she and Evan are still not engaged. My speculations were wrong, wrong and more wrong. lol  

How long have they been courting now? I know they have been paired for quite some time.

5678.png

6 hours ago, TatiFish9 said:

How long have they been courting now? I know they have been paired for quite some time.

According to an anniversary post by Carlin, they have been together since September 17, 2016. They started courting the same weekend as Josie’s 18th birthday (according to the show, anyway), which would be around August 5-6, 2017. So they’ve been together for over a year and a half, courting for 9 months. 

I think Jessa and Ben were longer right? And Michael and Brandon were a long time too.  The others were fast.

19 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

I think Jessa and Ben were longer right? And Michael and Brandon were a long time too.  The others were fast.

Jessa and Ben courted for a little over eleven months and were engaged for about two and a half months. Michael and Brandon courted for about fifteen or so months and we’re engaged for about four months. As for the others:

Smuggars - can’t remember exactly. They courted between three and six months I think and were engaged for three months. 

Cherin - courted around eight months, engaged for three.

ZachNey - courted three months, engaged for three.

The Websters - courted about two months, engaged for about four months.

The Dills - courted for about four months, engaged for three months.

JinJer - courted two months, engaged for just over three months.

JoStin - courted for around five months, engaged for just under three months.

JoKen - courted just under three months, engaged for just over three months.

BoRi - courted for right about ten months, engaged for three months.

SiRen (Josiah and Lauren) - courted for about two months. If they hold the pattern (and I very much believe they will), then they’ll be married no later than early July, which is right around the four month mark of their engagement. Smart money would bet on a late May or early June wedding though, since that puts them closer to the three month mark AND mostly avoids the risk of Jinger not being able to attend due to her pregnancy.

CarVan - currently courting for almost nine months.

JoLton (Josie and Kelton) - currently courting for about three months.

None of these are counting the unofficial “getting to know you periods” which both families have. It appears that courtship lengths can vary a bit in length, but the Duggars have trended towards shorter courtships in general. Both families appear to adhere pretty closely to the three month engagement period though, so don’t be surprised if Carlin and Josie marry pretty quickly after getting engaged.

Jessa and Ben were longer because they got outed early in their relationship by Ben's aunt. Brandon and Michael were also longer because Brandon was involved in a program during their courtship and didn't want to propose until afterward. I think part of the program was the men in it weren't suppose to be engaged or something. We also got to see Kelly panicking like Brandon wasn't going to propose even though they were courting and nothing about Brandon suggested he wasn't going to propose. 

What if its Evan's family that is preventing CarVan from moving forward, not the Bateseseses? 

Maybe they've decided that one or both parties aren't mature enough to get married--or that pouty Evan isn't financially secure enough yet to do so.

@VelociRapture thank you thank you for that info! You should add that information to the cheat sheets if you haven't already! The Bates' are more secretive about this part but do we know the getting-to-know you periods? Josie and Kelton have certainly been together longer than three months. Which is good in my opinion, as they could be the next engaged!

I feel like this is a relevant time to mention this - there is a newer tumblr called “Duggar Data” that has amazing spreadsheets and statistics about fundie topics. For example, here’s a post that contains some charts about the relationship lengths and timelines that could be helpful in this discussion: https://duggardata.tumblr.com/post/173015840567/how-long-does-it-typically-take-to-go 

From the blog listed above: 5ae91a0a64c46_ScreenShot2018-05-01at6_52_29PM.png.2a84f9307dff65b4db7bbe0e19f48f6e.png"Based on this data, this is what we can expect next…

Josiah’s Wedding   May 11—June 6, 2018   

Carlin’s Engagement   by December 16, 2018

Josie’s Engagement   by May 20, 2019"

Super fascinating stuff!

Wow! Theses breakdowns were great. Thanks everyone! I didn't realize some of the older girls had longer time with their men before marriage. Carlin and Evan don't seem quite that drawn out anymore. 

Did anyone see that Josie caught the bouquet at Tori's wedding? That look on Carlin's face. lolol No way I think they'll let Josie go be fore Carlin, but it's funny to see Carlin think that.

Also, Evan's family seemed to push the couple from the beginning. Not sure they'd slow down at this point. I think it all boils down to the man becoming financially ready to support a household, on one income (in this case). He will get the approval from the family then. I think that's what's happening with CarVan.

Now, Josie and Kelton have not been waiting long overall, but it's been forever just to be able to make it official seems pretty lengthy like Erin and Chad.

On 4/12/2018 at 7:42 AM, formergothardite said:

Yeah, but don't you think it shows what sort of warped childhood the Bates kids had where Winnie the Pooh was a big deal?  Despite the gazillion happy Instagram pictures, this family has some really fucked up beliefs. They may dress nicer and do more modern things, but at the core, the Bates are still a family steeped in horrific IBLP/patriarchal beliefs. It was actually better when they acted less "normal" so it was easier to see how insane this family really is. 

Otoh, Disney is pretty fucking out there too .

On 4/30/2018 at 8:10 AM, JordynDarby5 said:

Jessa and Ben were longer because they got outed early in their relationship by Ben's aunt. Brandon and Michael were also longer because Brandon was involved in a program during their courtship and didn't want to propose until afterward. I think part of the program was the men in it weren't suppose to be engaged or something. We also got to see Kelly panicking like Brandon wasn't going to propose even though they were courting and nothing about Brandon suggested he wasn't going to propose. 

Kelly reminded me of Mrs. Bennett from Pride and Prejudice in that moment.  Terrified the eldest would not get married. 

On 5/1/2018 at 9:54 PM, neurogirl said:

From the blog listed above: 5ae91a0a64c46_ScreenShot2018-05-01at6_52_29PM.png.2a84f9307dff65b4db7bbe0e19f48f6e.png"Based on this data, this is what we can expect next…

Josiah’s Wedding   May 11—June 6, 2018   

Carlin’s Engagement   by December 16, 2018

Josie’s Engagement   by May 20, 2019"

Super fascinating stuff!

If I happened to be one of them, I'd do it differently just to fuck with it.

Sorry guys, I've been ignoring the Bateseseseses lately and just now saw this. I very much regret to say that I am not the Duggar Data person. :pb_lol: I just bookmarked it. Amazing. Is it YOU, @VelociRapture?! 

13 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Sorry guys, I've been ignoring the Bateseseseses lately and just now saw this. I very much regret to say that I am not the Duggar Data person. :pb_lol: I just bookmarked it. Amazing. Is it YOU, @VelociRapture?! 

Pfft. I’m far too lazy for this.  :pb_lol:

Well damn. I've been following that blog for weeks assuming it was one of the spreadsheeters here on FJ. Maybe they're a lone wolf. :my_angel:

Spoiler

DD0191F2-58B6-4085-9DEE-50A53EC9D2C7.thumb.jpeg.9bb70ce6dc907b6fee2b5451983c3b49.jpeg

Might just be my Instagram playing up but Evan’s page doesn’t seem to exist any more (one can hope)!  

6 minutes ago, Alysabeth said:
  Hide contents

DD0191F2-58B6-4085-9DEE-50A53EC9D2C7.thumb.jpeg.9bb70ce6dc907b6fee2b5451983c3b49.jpeg

Might just be my Instagram playing up but Evan’s page doesn’t seem to exist any more (one can hope)!  

It’s either just you or an issue with Instagram. His page still appears as normal for me:

https://www.instagram.com/evanpstewart16

ETA: Might be Instagram. The link wouldn’t embed for me. His page appears as normal though.

5 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

But how will we know what food he's feeding Carlin?!

I thought they might have been gearing up to a post engagement joint Instagram account. Because are you even married if you don’t have shared social media!? 

I just skimmed through Evans old Instagram posts. He makes Lawson look like a rookie!  He is so over the top posing in most of the pictures...

On 4/30/2018 at 5:34 PM, HereticHick said:

What if its Evan's family that is preventing CarVan from moving forward, not the Bateseseses? 

Maybe they've decided that one or both parties aren't mature enough to get married--or that pouty Evan isn't financially secure enough yet to do so.

From what I remember about Evan's parents they seemed overly eager for the relationship to progress to marriage. They were pushing a wedding before they were even courting back in one of the episodes last season (I think it was in season 6 episode 2 IIRC?) 

I do really feel for fundie men in a way. They may have special privileges *coughhumanrightscough* that the women don't, but there's so much pressure on them to support a wife and eleventy children or else he's labelled as a failure and a bad provider. That's one of the many reasons I'm hoping Carvan will have a long courtship (cause we all know once they're engaged, the wedding will inevitably happen about 3-4 months later). Poor Evan won't know what hit him when he suddenly goes from being the next fundie Bieber to instant fatherhood practically overnight. He just doesn't seem ready for shouldering that kind of responsibility. IMO he's still very much stuck in his 'just wanna have fun' stage. 

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived