IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 2: Growing (a Little Bit) Older Together

Jellybean

Carlin really, really wants out of the house. She seems a bit like Alyssa like that. I just wish she could go to a secular university and find herself, rather than getting married and popping out babies. 

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

What do you mean a grid? Did Kelly and Gil used to trap her in her room?

Maybe she meant they had a chart hanging outside the door for the kids to schedule time alone with one or both parents? I think the Duggars may have done something like that. I think the Duggars mentioned having time set aside for the kids (especially the older ones) to come speak with them privately if they wanted or needed to?

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Maybe she meant they had a chart hanging outside the door for the kids to schedule time alone with one or both parents? I think the Duggars may have done something like that. I think the Duggars mentioned having time set aside for the kids (especially the older ones) to come speak with them privately if they wanted or needed to?

Didn't the Keller kids get like Five mins a week to talk to the parents and weren't allowed to talk about personal things with siblings? 

4 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Didn't the Keller kids get like Five mins a week to talk to the parents and weren't allowed to talk about personal things with siblings? 

No, they were much more generous than that. I believe it was 15 minutes! 

I dont understand why they make such a huge deal of Carlin helping with the homeschool, when we know they have Abby Paine tutoring the kids anyway.

1 hour ago, llucie said:

I dont understand why they make such a huge deal of Carlin helping with the homeschool, when we know they have Abby Paine tutoring the kids anyway.

Probably for the same reason TLC made a big deal about Benessa flying to Texas with both boys “on their own” when we know Jana and (I think) Laura were there with them. I can’t remember what reason that is because I’m tired from chasing the toddler around in the sun, but there’s definitely a reason. :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, llucie said:

The same reason TLC never spoke about Tabaitha Paine being a live in tutor/Nanny for the Duggars. The shows want to pretend that the Duggars/Bates do everything on their own with no outside help. 

Okay so I'm late with this, but I just half assed watched the Carlin courtship proposal episode, and.... are we SURE Carlin can actually READ????

Also... she was hilariously into being blindfolded.  "This is INTENSE.  It's the COOLEST THING EVER!"

5 hours ago, KelseyAnn said:

What do you mean a grid? Did Kelly and Gil used to trap her in her room?

Sadly I have seen those grids that you put up to keep the child from climbing the stairs or going into the kitchen at room doors to keep the child from wandering the house at night. Most of those parents still go and tend to their children when they wake up and call or cry but this is exactly the kind of disturbing methods I can see fundies use.

To answer your question: I have never seen any Fundies use them.

1 hour ago, QuiverDance said:

Okay so I'm late with this, but I just half assed watched the Carlin courtship proposal episode, and.... are we SURE Carlin can actually READ????

Also... she was hilariously into being blindfolded.  "This is INTENSE.  It's the COOLEST THING EVER!"

I am a mature adult. I will not make a “50 Shades of Grey” joke. :pb_lol:

11 hours ago, llucie said:

Because Carlin needs a plotline other than having a diabetes-inducing romance with Fundie Zoolander. 

I don’t really watch BUB at all anymore because I cancelled cable, so her degree of vapid was shocking to me. Carlin is not a bright girl. The other Bates daughters seem so much more mature and grounded. Even the younger ones. 

okay I just watched the whole Carlin courtship episode and I am with those who wonder if she actually knows how to read. maybe that's why she's off campus and online so someone can always read her work for her. scary thought that she even has even a little influence over the education of young children. 

10 hours ago, QuiverDance said:

I don’t really watch BUB at all anymore because I cancelled cable, so her degree of vapid was shocking to me. Carlin is not a bright girl. The other Bates daughters seem so much more mature and grounded. Even the younger ones. 

Damnit, I can't find any clips online now you guys are making me consider actually watching this stupid ass show!

2 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Damnit, I can't find any clips online now you guys are making me consider actually watching this stupid ass show!

the first three episodes of each season are up in full on UP's website which is how I just watched the Carlin courtship episode and the Micheal home decorating episode. 

43 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

the first three episodes of each season are up in full on UP's website which is how I just watched the Carlin courtship episode and the Micheal home decorating episode. 

47 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I'm about to rock y'all's world. Thank me later :)

Season 1: 

Season 2: 

Spoiler

Season 3: 

Spoiler

Season 4: 

Spoiler

Season 5: 

Spoiler

Season 6: 

Spoiler

Season 7: 

Spoiler

This girl on YouTube named Rebecca has recently uploaded all of the episodes from each season and made them into playlists. She makes her videos unlisted to avoid copyright. 

2 minutes ago, stardust said:

Season 1: 

Season 2: 

Season 3: 

Season 4: 

Season 5: 

Season 6: 

Season 7: 

This girl on YouTube named Rebecca has recently uploaded all of the episodes from each season and made them into playlists. She makes her videos unlisted to avoid copyright. 

amazing thank you so so much. I bow to you now I need to fall down a rabbit hole. 

I've never actually seen the bates show... they are scary likeable. It's amazing the only difference between them and the duggars is a charming accent and good editing! I'm very surprised the duggars are more well known... must be bevauaevthey came first.

3 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

I've never actually seen the bates show... they are scary likeable. It's amazing the only difference between them and the duggars is a charming accent and good editing! I'm very surprised the duggars are more well known... must be bevauaevthey came first.

Also because TLC is a more well known station. TLC tried the Bates and their edited them so horribly it fell flat and didn't last. in other news Carlin was so annoying and actually pretty rude on the live tonight. 

1 minute ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Also because TLC is a more well known station. TLC tried the Bates and their edited them so horribly it fell flat and didn't last. 

TLC in general has shitty editing in every show I've seen in that channel. I'm surprised for such a big name channel 

18 minutes ago, stardust said:

Season 1: 

Season 2: 

Reveal hidden contents

Season 3: 

Reveal hidden contents

Season 4: 

Reveal hidden contents

Season 5: 

Reveal hidden contents

Season 6: 

Reveal hidden contents

Season 7: 

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not sure if this got modded or not, but only the first season is present in your post. All of the spoiler boxes are empty (at least for me).

7 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

I'm not sure if this got modded or not, but only the first season is present in your post. All of the spoiler boxes are empty (at least for me).

Don't know why they poofed   from her post but they seem to still be in the post that I quoted her on. I'd go fast and save the list so you can go back to them. That's what I just did. 

Somebody’s engaged! It’ll be announced during tomorrow’s episode of “Our Wedding Story”... my guess was  Josie and Kelton would be first but I’m second guessing myself based on how heavily this episode is pumping up an Evan/Carlin engagement.

Just now, FundiePrincess said:

Somebody’s engaged! It’ll be announced during tomorrow’s episode of whatever the new wedding show on UP is... my guess is Josie and Kelton, despite how heavily this episode is pumping up an Evan/Carlin engagement.

wait where did you here that? Also the episode is tonight so now i'm really confused. 

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived