IGNORED

Jinjer 36: Post-millennial Pregnancy

samurai_sarah

One time in grade 7, one of the guys ran up behind me and unzipped the back pocket of my backpack, and a pad fell out in front of everyone. I was embarrassed, but I think he was probably more embarrassed, and it served him right, haha. I lied and said it was my mum's because she took my backpack with work with her sometimes.

Worse was in grade 6 when a bunch of the kids were going around asking each other 'how's it hanging' and then laughing their asses off. I didn't get it. I just thought it was a funnier way to say 'how's it going'. They told me to yell it at our teacher during recess, so I did. "HEY, MR. [LAST NAME]! HOW'S IT HANGING?!" He just smiled and ignored me and never spoke of it, bless him. I figured it out pretty quickly after that and I was obviously mortified.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Not to brag, but I might win most embarrassing moment.

When we lived overseas, our tiny apartment had its bathroom directly across from the front door. 

You can probably see where this is going.

I was finishing up a shower, and didn't hear the doorbell.  My husband, not realizing I was in the shower (or perhaps thinking I was going to stay in there until whoever it was went away), opened the door wide, just as I, free as the day I was born, opened the bathroom door.

It was one of my adult students.

Yup.

(You might reasonably ask why I wasn't wrapped in a towel.  Well, our bedroom was adjacent to the bathroom, so literally about two steps, so yeah I usually never bothered for the two seconds it would take to get to my room.  Unfortunately.)

So...yeah.  I have only ever been with my husband, but two men have seen me naked. 

So... this was scary, but probably also my most embarrassing moment. I was in the recovery room after giving birth and it was afternoon. I hadn’t seen my baby in over seven hours at that point because she was in NICU and I was waiting for the epidural to wear off completely. The wonderful nurses helped me use the restroom and, in my desperation to prove I was ready to go up to see her, I got up too fast from the toilet.

Long story short, I passed out, they had to bring me back to my bed, called some sort of code, and my poor husband was almost flattened against the wall because so many Nurses and Doctors sprinted in. I was in and out a lot longer than I realized, but I didn’t have a seizure like they had feared and I was perfectly ok a little while later. 

Like you, I’ve only been with my husband, so it was quite the experience being that undressed in front of a bunch of people I didn’t know. :pb_lol:

On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:28 PM, pook said:

punkrockrat1.jpg

Did you sport the hairstyle with the tail?  I did.  *shudders*

No - but I was sent out of class to the school nurse's office to remove some very fetching electric blue eyeliner!

I remember Mount St. Helens too.  I remember lying in bed thinking about it and how far away it was and how I'd never, ever get to go there.  But I did - when I was 18.  And it was very special because I remembered so vividly how I thought I'd never see it.

I have very vague memories of the Queen's Silver Jubilee in 1977.

So she would be due somewhere in the beginning of July or am I counting something wrong?

My most embarrasing moment involved a baby doll dress, thong underwear, platform shoes and a very long staircase at a Toronto subway station.

2 minutes ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

So she would be due somewhere in the beginning of July or am I counting something wrong?

If she is exactly 15 weeks today, my counting gives a due date of July 20th. 

5 minutes ago, Mayluka said:

If she is exactly 15 weeks today, my counting gives a due date of July 20th. 

Oooh, I hope so - I think my guess was July 21, and I want to win a freaking baby pool for once in my life! :pb_lol:

18 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

When we lived overseas, our tiny apartment had its bathroom directly across from the front door. [...] our bedroom was adjacent to the bathroom, so literally about two steps

Our first apartment had the same layout. But our story involves the smoke detector being on the ceiling right outside the bathroom door. If you took a hot shower, the steam would easily set it off when you opened the door. No fan in the bathroom (great design).

And the hitch was, all the smoke detectors in the (12-apartment) building were connected. If one went off, they all went off. Bad news, disturbing your neighbors. Good news, nobody knew who set it off. :D We learned to take cooler showers.

58 minutes ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

On or around July 20th. My sister hit 15 weeks on Monday and is due on July 16th. 

1 hour ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Jinger just posted this

Screenshot_2018-01-26-18-02-16.png

What did they have written before "baby" that they had to wipe it out and rewrite?  "Fetus?"  "J'Child?"  an actual name???

I NEED TO KNOW!

6 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

What did they have written before "baby" that they had to wipe it out and rewrite?  "Fetus?"  "J'Child?"  an actual name???

I NEED TO KNOW!

They probably wrote "baby" a zillion times until it looked OK. lol

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I NEED TO KNOW!

If they’re anything like me and my perfectionist self, they probably just didn’t like the way they wrote it. I’m a teacher, and I’ll erase and rewrite things several times until I’m satisfied with how it looks. Lol

Or my other idea would be that maybe they already know the sex and have a name picked out. So they wrote the name and took a picture for themselves/family, and then erased it and wrote “baby” for social media.

As expected, she's carrying significantly smaller than her sisters though not as tiny as Alyssa Webster, I would say. To be honest, Jinger was the last J'sister I expected to do chalkboard updates. Let's see if she continues!

19 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

My life is one long embarrassing moment. 

Isn't there a meme that says, "my life is a series of embarrassing moments separated by snacks"?

Because that's me all over town.

Can I tell you about my most embarrassing moment? I was running late for a class, not super late but barely squeaking in on time for sure. Hit the steps and slipped off the top one and went flat. Managed to drag myself off the ground and stand up, I had put my hands out and put my elbow out of place. I was fine though, until a professor came running out of another building asking me if I was ok. Apparently his whole class had witnessed my absolutely horrifying fall. My dive was not 10/10. I was mortified and because I was, I started to sob all over this nice man. I missed class to take care of my pride and my elbow. I am still mortified. 

1 hour ago, SamiKatz said:

My most embarrasing moment involved a baby doll dress, thong underwear, platform shoes and a very long staircase at a Toronto subway station.

Ugh it must be the TTC.  I had a horrifically embarrassing moment when I had a back spasm while wearing 10-cm stilettos on the escalator at Osgoode Station.  I feel your pain.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived