IGNORED

Jinjer 36: Post-millennial Pregnancy

samurai_sarah

my most embarassing moment. I was in the nosebleeds of a theatre where everyone was piled into the aisles waiting to file out. I slipped, falling forward into the person in front of me. After the domino effect had fully played out I had managed to take out almost an entire theatre of people with my one fall.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

So she would be due somewhere in the beginning of July or am I counting something wrong?

Yes mid July and that’s why I’m sticking with Jim Bob’s birthday.

9 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Like you, I’ve only been with my husband, so it was quite the experience being that undressed in front of a bunch of people I didn’t know. :pb_lol:

I can assure you, being unexpectedly naked in front of a bunch of strangers can be weird/upsetting even for those of us who have had two (or, gasp, three or more!!) lovers. :pb_rollseyes:

1 hour ago, viii said:

Someone said congrats in the comments and then tagged Jinger AND Jessa... hmm... 

Totally thinking Jessa will announce on/around Valentine's Day. 

38 minutes ago, bananabread said:

I can assure you, being unexpectedly naked in front of a bunch of strangers can be weird/upsetting even for those of us who have had two (or, gasp, three or more!!) lovers. :pb_rollseyes:

I’m aware of that. The other poster mentioned it first and I was attempting to find a bit of humor in what was (and is) a scary and embarrassing situation for me. Sorry if that offended you.

I turned my most embarrassing moment into a college essay :) I was 15 at a dance competition. Literally right after my music started, my top fell off, revealing my boobs to hundreds of people for the entire three minute dance. 

Honestly though, I wasn't that embarrassed by it . My teammates were freaking out, saying if it were them they would have run off stage. I knew I'd never see those people agsin, so it didn't bother me. And the story got me into college!

way late to the 9/11 discussion, but it woke up memories--so here are mine.  Sorry, think this may be lengthy.  

We lived about 25 miles from the towers as the bird flies.  Certain areas of town would have a view of them...and we lived in a flight path from Newark.   It was a beautiful day, and while dropping kids at school all us parents were waiting in the school yard for the kids to go in and all of a sudden, a low flying plane flies over our heads.  We all looked up, we all knew it was in the wrong place. We all thought it was weird.  Bell rings, kids go in and we adults start adulting.  Get in my car and the first thing I hear on radio is "sweet mother of God, another one hit!"  Me thinking this was some weird War of the Worlds moment started switching stations as I drove to run errands.  And then I saw it...cars pulled off the road and everyone staring at the smoke and flames coming from the towers.  That plane that just flew overhead? Yeah, that was the second plane to hit. No more errands for me, I went home.  

Couple of hours later--glued to the TV, I hear a helicopter and run outside and look.  Tree top high, military copter with door open and gun out---you could see the belt of rounds feeding into it.  Ran to get my kids at school.

It was a scary, strange time.  For days radio stations were playing the voice mail left by victims to their families.  Only fighter jets flying.  The schools stayed open until all the kids were picked up, lots of parents were bringing toys and snacks to the schools in the events lots of kids weren't picked up.  Many of the families had at least 1 parent that worked in the city.  Thankfully all of our local kids were picked up.  

During the No Fly time I was driving home from work, and I saw A PLANE!  And not of the fighter type, and it was heading north towards the city.  I will not lie--I cried all the way home--how can a plane be in the air?!  When I arrived home I found it was Hillary flying in to see ground zero.

I do remember the plane landing in the Yukon--I dont know, maybe we got more extensive news coverage as we were in the NYC market?  I remember folks just driving to the ferry landings to drive anyone that needed to get home home...the only way out of the city was by ferry.  I remember all the firetrucks being taken out of the houses to protect them should something happen to the house.  Police cars at every school, around the gas and electric companies--the oil refineries.  

I knew at that time the world had changed for me, for my kids.

It can still make me cry, it was terrifying

I fall up the stairs, even in public, on a fairly regular basis. It's awful but I try and laugh it off.  I had one of those squat down and rip the entire back seam of my shorts while out shopping 2 summers ago. But the kids moments are even better!

Most embarrassing moment. Grade 8. I was super cool in my tiny brown suede skirt which fastened via, geez, what are they called? My mum called them presstuds.  Anyway, I was being my supercool self chatting with classmates when a guy decided to lean over and yank on the, shit, what are they called?  Fasteners. Whatever they are called, my skirt just unfastened and fell off. Completely fell off. Not my best day. 

I didn't expect jinger to do chalkboard updates, but (and maybe its cuz I like her more than Jill) I don't think they will be as awkward or obnoxious as other sisters'. but I could be so far off on that! :P

also, most embarrassing moment.  At college freshman year there was a bulletin board with pictures of other students, and the guy that I had a crush on was on it, and without thinking I was saying it out loud, I saw his picture and was like ahh! LUKEEEE! really loud, in a public lounge where thankfully no one was there... except for Luke HIMSELF, hiding under a desk across the room. dang. never again. LOL. I ran out of there so fast. 

Oooh - we get Jill inspired but classier better dressed jinger - jeremy taking pictures of baby 

so she has an apple inside her - good thing I bought oranges today 

Do non-fundie pregnant people do the "I AM GESTATING A RUTABAGA AND/OR 30 GRAPE TOMATOS" thing? Because I only see it on fundie ladies' instagrams.

3 hours ago, karen77 said:

Now I want a side by side of hers and all of Jill's with Izzy.

oh please - NOW I NEED THAT !!! someone you will get a brownie and cheezies if you do this for me 

2 hours ago, JillyO said:

As expected, she's carrying significantly smaller than her sisters though not as tiny as Alyssa Webster, I would say. To be honest, Jinger was the last J'sister I expected to do chalkboard updates. Let's see if she continues!

I demand she does.  I demand it. You hear me. 

3 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Do non-fundie pregnant people do the "I AM GESTATING A RUTABAGA AND/OR 30 GRAPE TOMATOS" thing? Because I only see it on fundie ladies' instagrams.

I've seen it on my facebook a few times. A couple of my friends are more into using a chalkboard for the baby's month pictures. It usually says the size of the baby, number of teeth, and the baby's favorite thing that month

Most embarrassing moment:

I was at college, and lived in a dorm. I came back late one night and couldn't figure out why my card wouldn't work on the swipe system. So I found a window and knocked for like 15 minutes until some nice girl let me in. I thanked her as we walked back to my suite. "Why is she going into MY suite??" I thought. "Oh, she must just be a friend of one of my suitemates. Nbd." She got progressively more uncomfortable as I followed her into my suite. And then into my bedroom. Which had pink drapes.

Wait a minute. My room didn't have pink drapes.

It wasn't my bedroom. It wasn't even my dorm building. It was the dorm next door. Which was EXACTLY IDENTICAL to my dorm. 

I completely froze up as the girl stared at me, then bolted out of "my" room. As I ran, I could hear her suitemate's hysterical laughter behind me. I could also hear the poor girl's very clear (and apt) exclaimation: "What the fuck???!"

Then I went home to my actual room and hyperventilated for 15 minutes. :pb_lol:

8 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Based on my SoMe, it’s not uncommon in the land of the polar bear. Some use chalkboard, some take pictures. And I hardly know anyone doing any religious thingy at all on a regular basis.

The app I used to track my pregnancies always said what my baby's size compared to that week, but I never shared it with anyone. It felt like one of of those "no one cares but me" thing.

1 hour ago, Gillyweed said:

I turned my most embarrassing moment into a college essay :) I was 15 at a dance competition. Literally right after my music started, my top fell off, revealing my boobs to hundreds of people for the entire three minute dance. 

Honestly though, I wasn't that embarrassed by it . My teammates were freaking out, saying if it were them they would have run off stage. I knew I'd never see those people agsin, so it didn't bother me. And the story got me into college!

You need to move this over to the breastfeeding hotness on that other thread. Is it the Joy thread? lol

23 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The app I used to track my pregnancies always said what my baby's size compared to that week, but I never shared it with anyone. It felt like one of of those "no one cares but me" thing.

i cared :)

28 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I tell my husband.  The week that the baby was the size of a Lego Man he was really weirded out lol, it was the first time he was really able to visualize the size of the baby.   This week we're the size of an Action Figure.  My app you can chose fruits&Veg, Parisian bakery, fun and games, or weird animals for the size comparisons.  I was all about the Parisian bakery, but then it got weird comparing my unborn spawn to an eclair.  

I do have to admit, Jinger is just so...adorable?? pregnant. It just looks good on her and she seems to be glowing.

I think social media has brought us to a time where people think anyone other than their immediate circle is interested in their weekly baby bump update/kid's monthly update once they are born. Idk, send it to your family or something, but most people don't care that Junior's favorite thing is "being held" and his least favorite thing is "not being held" at 4 months old. 

3 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Come to think of it, almost everyone I know who's posted those things are fundie-lite... same with the elaborate month-to-month pictures. Nothing against those practices, and I'm sure more people use the apps but just don't share it with the internet. 

5 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

I have a lot of very lesbian, very not fundie friends that do it. I think it's cute and a fun way to try and visualize how big the baby is. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived