IGNORED

Jinger 32: Light into the Darkness According to Jeremy

Coconut Flan

IMHO I'm far more concerned with the Duggars not having a sleep schedule for the kids on regular days than on a holiday. But if I were told to be somewhere at 7am (meaning I'd prpbably have to get up at 5:30) and then when I'd show up no one else had bothered to even get up yet, I'd be PISSED.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

What about celebrating the birth of their Savior?

Their entire lives are about Jesus- why weren't the parents even up?

Don’t they celebrate the birth of their savior and his life at all times because they’re so holy? Business as usual. 

9 minutes ago, JillyO said:

IMHO I'm far more concerned with the Duggars not having a sleep schedule for the kids on regular days than on a holiday. But if I were told to be somewhere at 7am (meaning I'd prpbably have to get up at 5:30) and then when I'd show up no one else had bothered to even get up yet, I'd be PISSED.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching them walk around turning on all the lights and not bothering to be too quiet. If Ben and a heavily pregnant Jessa could get to the TTH with a 1 year old on time then the people actually in the house should have at least been awake to greet them.

ETA: For anyone wanting to see it, here’s the video:

56 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

What about celebrating the birth of their Savior?

Their entire lives are about Jesus- why weren't the parents even up?

I can't speak to the parents, but when you're a kid and still getting indoctrinated into the Jesus thing, Santa and gifts wins out big time! :)

14 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Do any of them have jobs outside the show or a commute? I would love for all of this to be true, but damn, did you see the video of Jessa and Ben arriving at the TTH last Christmas morning, only to find the entire house dark and everyone asleep, albeit it many on couches? 

What kind of Christian home with at least 6 minor kids isn't up and busy, busy, busy on Christmas morning? Not these folks- Duggar time even on one the biggest days of the year to honor their Savior.

JB and M made their millions in real estate and endorsements when the gravy train was running hot, they’re good. Gothard doesn’t love the idea of working for the evil world, he tells people to live in poverty running their own sham businesses for Jesus, so I assume most of the Duggar kids have that attitude. I can’t imagine why Ben and Derick wouldn’t want to use their degrees, but what do I know. 

Jeremy probably gets speaking engagements now because he’s not only a Duggar in law, but he is the only Duggar in law with a less than desireable past who was SAVED! Those saved Christian speakers go for twice as much as the born in ones, because they understand the wayward souls and can reign them in. Gag. 

8 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

"Eh, what's a couple of dead and disabled babies who are that way because of your dumb ass? You can totally keep your license and continue being a danger to mothers and babies all over the south central US!"

We know Venessa was reported to the state but it looks like the NARM complaint is separate, so I'm wondering if she was never reported to NARM. (Although they only list a VERY small handful of people who's licenses have been revoked- 6 midwives and 1 preceptor)

15 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Do any of them have jobs outside the show or a commute?

That was 100% not the point of my post.

6 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

That was 100% not the point of my post.

Ok, check off jobs and commuting, which for most adults, sucks up a great deal of their lives. Beyond the 33% of time likely spent sleeping, what do you think the Duggars are doing during the other 59% of their lives that they are not sharing on their show? Why aren't they showing any of those things?

The part about the show was ALSO not the point of my post.

My point was:  They share ONLY what they want to share on social media and we're seeing a minuscule portion of their lives on social media.

I currently don't have a job or a commute (Moved when Mr. May was offered a better paying job than mine in a province that we wanted to live in.) 

I volunteer, completed a thesis course, keep our house and lives in order, read, look for jobs and mope (I left a job I loved. It stings)

I don't update any of these things on social media, I post pics of when Mr. May and I go out and do things etc. My social media is a snap shot of my life but little more. We did a lot of local travelling when his parents were visiting Alberta from NL so I posted all of the nice pics. I didn't post the driving places, disaster of a house or to do texts. I don't share them because they are boring and uninspiring. 

The fact remains that outside of their limited social media postings we don't know what they do. Maybe Jinger is involved in a women's bible study that meets weekly, is enjoying her new found access to books and doing her own bible study. Maybe she's become involved behind the scenes helping with SWAN. Maybe Jeremy was invited to be a guest at that church and his church elders wanted him to go to represent them or whatever. Maybe that trip was bundled in with another one. 

I'm not saying that Jinger is living a life rife with productivity, I don't know that. The same way I don't know what she does or doesn't do with her time. 

So we've come full circle. The Duggars have a show that they have sold for money. What is their show about? Here lies their biggest issue. What is their show about? Years ago they called it a ministry. I don't know if they still do, but if so, why don't they show that to their audience? I know families who actually are active members of Cross Church. They have so many activities, groups, meetings, bible studies, women's studies, kid related programs. Are the Duggars who are members of CC not involved in any of these activities? Jeremy and Jinger head a congregation in Laredo. Why is there nothing shown about that mission?

I don't care about their SMAs- I care about the show, the product that they are selling to consumers for money. They need to define beyond "and counting"...a show about weddings and adding births is just not anything that warrants a TV show.

Maybe it IS coming to its natural end.

Hell, I'm more interested in what JB and M do all day rather than watching wedding planning after weddings have already been aired. 

30 minutes ago, LacyMay said:

I currently don't have a job or a commute (Moved when Mr. May was offered a better paying job than mine in a province that we wanted to live in.) 

I volunteer, completed a thesis course, keep our house and lives in order, read, look for jobs and mope (I left a job I loved. It stings)

I don't update any of these things on social media, I post pics of when Mr. May and I go out and do things etc. My social media is a snap shot of my life but little more. We did a lot of local travelling when his parents were visiting Alberta from NL so I posted all of the nice pics. I didn't post the driving places, disaster of a house or to do texts. I don't share them because they are boring and uninspiring. 

The fact remains that outside of their limited social media postings we don't know what they do. Maybe Jinger is involved in a women's bible study that meets weekly, is enjoying her new found access to books and doing her own bible study. Maybe she's become involved behind the scenes helping with SWAN. Maybe Jeremy was invited to be a guest at that church and his church elders wanted him to go to represent them or whatever. Maybe that trip was bundled in with another one. 

I'm not saying that Jinger is living a life rife with productivity, I don't know that. The same way I don't know what she does or doesn't do with her time. 

Hugs- I left a long term job (20 years) after my hubs was transferred. I did get another 3 jobs that spanned a total of 15 years- the last one 11 years, so it does take time. When we moved again, I retired. I never thought I'd be an at home person, but alas, here I am.

On 11/12/2017 at 11:14 AM, jqlgoblue said:

Also, I do remember her trying Spanish out with the Latina friend. Again, it was wisdom booklet level stuff, but it certainly wasn't something Michelle was likely to have wanted the kids to do so there was some initiative/interest there even if she and the other kids don't have the educational baseline to really learn it (which is super sad btw b/c while I don't believe any of these kids are naturally gifted they were super stunted by ATI school).

I'm not sure where this is coming from. The Duggars have spent many months missionarying (this is my new preferred term for their BS trips) in Central America.  Why wouldn't Michelle have wanted the kids to learn? The kids were all encouraged to have a heart for missions and again, they regularly traveled to Central America with SOS.  Learning Spanish so they can speak to all those poor kids without Jesus (this is an approximation of what one of the boys said about their Spanish endeavors) would have been and was encouraged by Michelle. 

I recently watched one old episode where their Spanish learning was a focus of the show (on youtube, and it still might be out there). Jill had labels all over the house and seemed interested, but she was not at all advanced (I type that as someone who was once fluent enough to dream in Spanish).  This was also time for them to taught by Marjorie's mom, so they were learning with a family whose beliefs they already approved of. No one had to risk sitting beside anyone with green hair in a classroom. Very fundie-approved.

I do also recall one very old episode involving the "mission field," where Jill was reported and shown to be "close" to someone in CA...but she and the other teenager could barely communicate.  That probably wasn't the Latina friend you referenced, since that took place when Jill was a teen. Which Latina friend? Was this from their time in SCA?

On 11/12/2017 at 2:30 PM, SamiKatz said:

I don't think not being able to pass Calculus makes you dumb - I truly believe that math is a skill/attribute you are born with, you're either good at it or you're not.

I consider myself a fairly smart person, but I am terrible in math and am actually mathphobic (thanks to my grade two teacher).

Same here. I could tell you the definition of any obscure word you can throw at me and tell you anything about history of literature but if you ask me to do any math beyond a fifth-grade level I'm lost. 

Jinger and Jeremy posted several Instagram updates. Nothing of substance, really.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Also, I was wrong about the Vuolos being in CA this weekend. Turns out, everyone came to them in Laredo. :my_shy:

So, this, uh, conversation is relevant at other times, but not today :P

32 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

Jinger and Jeremy posted several Instagram updates. Nothing of substance, really.

Hide contents

Hide contents

Jinger is reading the New York Times! So much more exposure to the world than she ever got at TTH. I wonder if she can make much sense of it with her limited education. Maybe Jeremy just likes explaining things. 

11 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

Jinger is reading the New York Times! So much more exposure to the world than she ever got at TTH. I wonder if she can make much sense of it with her limited education. Maybe Jeremy just likes explaining things. 

Maybe I'm missing the spirit of your post, but I'm pretty sure Jinger can understand what's written in the NYT without someone having to explain it to her.  

Ai yi yi!

5 hours ago, LacyMay said:

I'm in the same boat. I just left a job that I loved along with my home and friends so my husband can do his PhD in the US. Looking for a job right now. Mope away, you deserve it. Hugs!

3 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

The ebil, fake news, heathen, main stream media NYT? What is next? Dancing to this song?

16 hours ago, jacduggar said:

Jeremy probably gets speaking engagements now because he’s not only a Duggar in law, but he is the only Duggar in law with a less than desireable past who was SAVED! Those saved Christian speakers go for twice as much as the born in ones, because they understand the wayward souls and can reign them in. Gag. 

I find it hilarious that people in those circles LOVE the "I got drunk at a party one time and got a tattoo and then I FOUND THE LORD" narrative, but don't let their kids experience anything that would contribute to such a narrative, so when second-gen fundies have to give testimony about their salvation, it's always "one time I was four and I acted like a four-year-old, so my parents told me that God would punish me and I would burn in hell forever, separated from my loved ones after I die, so I found the lord" or "I was six and wanted my parents to pay attention to me, so I told them that I found Jesus".

I wonder if they got paid by the hat company, or just are doing that in exchange for a free hat?   Because the combo of the well-placed hat label and the @ in is classic Insta-dvertising. 

@nastyhobbitses I love the milquetoast testimonies too!   But it's a fundamental (heh!) problem in Born Again culture, that the first generation can have their scandalous lives turned around by Jesus, but their kids are in a bind.   Their parents have obviously bought them up perfectly, and rebelling against them would be dishonouring the parents (aka making them look bad) and yet they need to have a dramatic testimony of their own about how they've been Saved.

I actually admire Jill Rodrigues for talking about, even in passing, how she was jealous of her husband David's testimony (in high school he drank some beer and went to 'wild' parties) because her testimony is boring.   But their kids' recent video testimonies are all about all of them being saved at 4 years old, and they're actually really sad, because scaring little kids with hell seems a nasty thing to do.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived